PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Fans

Mjcpr
8/5/2005, 02:52 PM
Saw on another website where Marcus Spears injured a knee (they think) during practice today. No info on the severity yet.

Herr Scholz
8/5/2005, 03:01 PM
He's too fat.

Mjcpr
8/5/2005, 03:05 PM
He's too fat.
Okay.

DC.com says status unclear at the top of the article, then later in the Who's Not sections says he's out for the year. Not good news.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=8829D011-AE9D-35F2-87C04C1A066F6AA2

Herr Scholz
8/5/2005, 03:22 PM
Top BILL-ing:
"I'm gonna give you a name then. Probably Brian Dennehy. I don't know what we're talking about here." - Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells, when asked which actor could best portray him in a feature film.
I'm thinking that guy from 'Rescue Me'. Dennis Leary's pal. Parcells is fat too.

Herr Scholz
8/5/2005, 03:26 PM
This guy. Lenny Clarke.

http://www.wchstv.com/abc/thejob/lennyclarke.jpg

Mjcpr
8/5/2005, 03:46 PM
Is the name of this thread 'Fockturds: Please Read'? No. So STFU. :mad:

Herr Scholz
8/5/2005, 03:54 PM
Sorry. Got off on a tangent there. That's a bummer about Spears.

Mjcpr
8/5/2005, 03:56 PM
Sorry. Got off on a tangent there. That's a bummer about Spears.
That's better.

;)

colleyvillesooner
8/5/2005, 04:51 PM
Knee, Ankle and groin injury. Apparently got tangled and rolled on. Jerry said he will be examined today but that it did "not look good" Parcells wouldn't comment. This will really damage our transition to the 3-4...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/08-05/0805spears.jpg

Spears' injury 'doesn't look good'

OXNARD, Calif. - Cowboys rookie defensive end Marcus Spears, one of the team's two first-round draft picks, left Friday's morning practice on a cart after suffering what appeared to be a right knee injury.

"It doesn't look good," said Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones, who added that Spears would undergo MRI tests on his ankle, knee and groin.

Coach Bill Parcells said Spears had someone roll onto the back of his knee after a handoff to running back Anthony Thomas during team drills.

Marcus Spears (left) rides on the back of the cart with head athletic trainer Jim Maurer (center) and team physican Dr. Butch Krishnan. "I don't want to speculate," Parcells said during his daily news conference.

Defensive tackle La'Roi Glover lined up next to Spears on the play, but didn't see what happened. "It's part of the game, unfortunately," Glover said. "It's very disappointing to see one of the guys you were going to lean on go down."

Spears, the 20th player taken in the draft, was competing with Kenyon Coleman for the starting job at left end in the Cowboys' 3-4 scheme. At 294 pounds, Spears has the bulk to play head up against tackles and hold his own, especially against the run. Spears and the Cowboys’ other first-round pick, linebacker Demarcus Ware, each signed with the club after missing the first day of practice.

Asked how Spears had looked so far in camp, Parcells said, "I think he has potential, but he has a lot of work to do."

Jones, who was surrounded by reporters at the end of practice, said he had no idea how long Spears would be out.

"I'm very disappointed. Very disappointed," he said. "But it's one of the elements of having practice. We have concern about all three of the areas [of Spears' leg]. We'll just have to see what the doctors say. It's just a shame.”

Mjcpr
8/5/2005, 04:59 PM
Ankle, knee, groin......that doesn't sound like a good trifecta.

BeetDigger
8/5/2005, 05:07 PM
This is the frustrating thing about football. One or two key injuries can have significant impact on a team. If there is any glimmer of good, it is that, if he is indeed out for the year, it happened early and before anyone got cut. At least now the guys below him on the depth chart can get extra reps. If this had happened after the first game of the season, the team would have to try to re-sign somebody.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/5/2005, 06:20 PM
Just when we finally seem to go in the right direction as far as drafting talent goes, this happens.
Such is life as a long-suffering Cowboys fan (for almost 10 years anyway).

Mjcpr
8/5/2005, 10:57 PM
DC.com says it's a sprain and he should be out 4-5 weeks. Tough to catch up after missing training camp but it's a lot better than a season-ender.

GrapevineSooner
8/6/2005, 12:01 AM
Yup.

Certainly much better than Todd Pinkston's prognosis in Philly.

Mjcpr
8/25/2005, 10:41 AM
He was back at practice yesterday, that's good news.

Bad news: Ferguson will probably miss the regular season opener and who knows how many games, if any, after that due to a sprained ankle. Not sure how long Glover can hold up at NT.

mrowl
8/25/2005, 01:08 PM
Bill better find a safety soon...

Mjcpr
8/25/2005, 01:11 PM
They signed Coady yesterday....not sure if that's much help though.

mrowl
8/25/2005, 01:12 PM
They signed Coady yesterday....not sure if that's much help though.

I don't think so... and there is zero backup for Roy.......

Mjcpr
8/25/2005, 01:26 PM
I don't think so... and there is zero backup for Roy.......
I kinda like that Beriault (sp?) guy. I'd hate for him to have to start, but I like his moxie, his resolve.....I'd take that Beriault against any slow, white guy in the country.

Herr Scholz
8/25/2005, 01:47 PM
The Cowboys D will be good. It's the porous OL I'm worried about. I predict Drew 'The Statue' Bledsoe will be sacked 759 times this year.

Mjcpr
8/25/2005, 01:50 PM
The Cowboys D will be good. It's the porous OL I'm worried about. I predict Drew 'The Statue' Bledsoe will be sacked 759 times this year.
Why do you say that? I think everybody on the line with the exception of RT is at least adequate and in some cases excellent. Pettiti or Tucker will suffice at RT I think. Outside of a super-star QB, my hope on offense would be a front-line WR but that'll have to wait I guess.