PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin 3.5 Upgrade?

ouflak
8/5/2005, 01:59 PM
It would be awesome to finally be able to truly administer our own threads, especially as the season is getting started and that will mean some game threads coming up. Right now, vBulletin 3.5 is on Release Candidate 2. If there is any modding still necessary, I'll likely buy it myself and get it done.

I do believe this version should be open to such a highly requested mod, although it's worriesome that I've never seen any confirmation of such an improvement being built into this version.

ouflak
8/11/2005, 05:16 AM
*bump*

Norm In Norman
8/11/2005, 07:30 AM
While I'm sure that would be a cool feature, it takes a while to convert to new code because we have to set it up with our changes and test it. We all have jobs and it's a lot of work just trying to keep people in line over here. IMO, football season is too close for us to do this. The last thing we want is to take the board down when so many visitors are using the board. Something could screw up and then we'd be without a board until it got figured out.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

ouflak
8/11/2005, 11:39 AM
Well, the last time we did anything like an upgrade, we actually changed boards. That was in the middle of a season. I remember this because my first game thread on this board was the OU/Texas game. That didn't work out so bad.

I figure if we do it now, or atleast plan on it in the next couple of weeks, we can make a pretty smooth transition. This upgrade seems to be made for just sort of issues you brought up, i.e., bringing in current mods.

I think I'm going to go ahead, take the plunge and get a sample board running. Sure would be nice to be able keep the game threads in line over here.

Norm In Norman
8/11/2005, 12:21 PM
Last time we changed boards because we had to. Beano still has nightmares about this. so do the rest of the posters, because we had to use that other board for a week or so.

leavingthezoo
8/11/2005, 04:46 PM
We all have jobs and it's a lot of work just trying to keep people in line over here.

sorry
:O

OklahomaTrombone
8/11/2005, 07:12 PM
heh