PDA

View Full Version : R/C Muscle Machines

Norm In Norman
8/4/2005, 08:49 PM
I bought the boy 2 of these little 1:64 scale 4x4 trucks that were on sale at Wal-Mart for $8. These things are AWESOME! We've been racing them around the living room and running over stuff for several days now. The controls are a bit different though - you control the right and left sides seperately, like a tank. Which means you can make them spin in a circle. For some reason regular controls are hard for him to do but these controls he picked up in 5 minutes. Anyway, I give these things 6 out of 5 Big Foots, especially for the price (although the normal price is $15).

oumartin
8/4/2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah, my 3 year old son cannot leave the steering alone. if he is going forward he still has to have his other fingers on the left/right steering. when he backs up he is fine. Sounds like i shoulda bought what you did and left the 50.00 big foot at walmart. Although its a tough truck. I was driving it around the driveway and my three year old ran it over in his Power Wheels Jeep and it still works.
We have 4 r/c trucks. 2 bigfoot 1 gravedigger and a hummer. The boys and I love em.
My oldest son has a handfull of those little hotwheels sized r/c cars too that he likes alot.

OUinFLA
8/4/2005, 09:05 PM
I bought the boy 2 of these little 1:64 scale 4x4 trucks that were on sale at Wal-Mart for $8. These things are AWESOME! We've been racing them around the living room and running over stuff for several days now. The controls are a bit different though - you control the right and left sides seperately, like a tank. Which means you can make them spin in a circle. For some reason regular controls are hard for him to do but these controls he picked up in 5 minutes. Anyway, I give these things 6 out of 5 Big Foots, especially for the price (although the normal price is $15).

It seems very generous of you to buy him two of them. Can he use them both at the same time?

StoopTroup
8/4/2005, 09:10 PM
Wonder if Target has them?

8timechamps
8/4/2005, 09:11 PM
That reminds me of a couple of years ago, I bought my youngest son an R/C Firetruck...it even shot water out of the hose. I thought it was so cool...he did too...for about an hour. Then he never touched it again.

Yet another Christmas present that was tossed to the wayside.

oumartin
8/4/2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah, but at least he played with it for an hour, What about the lame gifts your kids get from their aunts and relatives they see only once or twice a year. Say like the ball and paddle thingy or the bunny sleeper. At least your gift was cool for an hour.

8timechamps
8/4/2005, 09:30 PM
True, but the crap that the aunts/uncles give (for what ever reason) end up hanging around the house for years...and sooner or later they get stepped on in the middle of the night when you're trying to go to the bathroom...but I digress.

Al Gore
8/4/2005, 09:41 PM
Check out the Nitro RC cars. 60+ with 2 speed transmissions. You can set up a ramp and get 16 foot of air....

Al Gore
8/4/2005, 09:45 PM
Like this....

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/view?&h=105&w=140&type=msmedia&rurl=mestiso.net%2Fmoviegallery&vurl=mestiso.net%2Fmoviegallery%2Frc%2520car%2520j umps%2520house.wmv&back=p%3Drc%2Bcar%26sm%3DYahoo%2521%2BSearch%26fr% 3DFP-tab-vid-t%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3D%26ei%3DUTF-8&turl=scd.mm-so.yimg.com%2Fimage%2F1794481714&name=%3Cb%3Erc%20car%3C/b%3E%20jumps%20house.wmv&no=2&tt=445&p=rc+car&size=4.8MB&dur=109

oumartin
8/4/2005, 09:52 PM
pretty cool vid with a hittable chick too!

oumartin
8/4/2005, 10:04 PM
there is a video of an Oklahoma City high speed chase on there as well. its the mustangspin.wmv

Norm In Norman
8/4/2005, 11:38 PM
It seems very generous of you to buy him two of them. Can he use them both at the same time?
Well, it's not as fun driving it by yourself, so I bought 2 at 2 different frequencies so we could race each other. If I get some fun out of the deal, then so be it.

I also bought him a mini RC boat - one of those quick charge types. He's only played with it twice. I think this proves my point.

...although it kinda succs.

Norm In Norman
8/5/2005, 01:39 PM
Here's a picture of those things, along with my new couch, buzz light year, and my red pillow. I hope you enjoy.

http://members.cox.net/normandothemagnificent/couch01.jpg

Norm In Norman
8/5/2005, 01:41 PM
There is also the instruction manual for those and my son's leg. And in the background I see one of my surround speakers, sans grill.

IB4OU2
8/5/2005, 01:46 PM
Here's a picture of those things, along with my new couch, buzz light year, and my red pillow. I hope you enjoy.

http://members.cox.net/normandothemagnificent/couch01.jpg

Nice couch.....

Norm In Norman
8/5/2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks. It goes pretty good in our house. I like the double recliners and the microfiber. Everything shows up on it though. See - there is my *** print.

C&CDean
8/5/2005, 02:07 PM
Good to see the Dursley's are keeping Dudley spoiled as usual. (we need a dumbledore emoticon for those times you can bust out a good HP dealio).

If you wanna see happiness and joy in your kids eyes, go buy yourself a new large appliance. Then give them the box it came in. My kids had more fun when they were younger just playing with a big old cardboard box than they ever had with all the gadget toys we would buy them. Give em' a couple old blankets to go along with the box and let their imagination run wild.

Oh, and nice couch. I used to have one just like that.......until my dad got a job.

Mjcpr
8/5/2005, 02:09 PM
Throw in a roll of Saran Wrap and some Wal Mart bags and there's no end to the fun they could have.

C&CDean
8/5/2005, 02:12 PM
Throw in a roll of Saran Wrap and some Wal Mart bags and there's no end to the fun they could have.

Heh. I've actually ran them an extension cord into their box before. I figure if it doesn't kill em', it'll make em' stronger. And, they learn very valuable lessons about basic electricity.

Norm In Norman
8/5/2005, 02:22 PM
Actually I only bought the couch for the box. Of course it didn't come in one though. One of these days I'll shoot enough animal to be able to buy another couch, directly from Wal-Mart. I bet it will come in a box. Until then it's dollar general for me.

Bastard.

OUinFLA
8/5/2005, 04:24 PM
If you'd quit buying toys.............
Oh wait, you cant drive a box fast enough to jump over a house!
good choice Norm, and thank you for the guided tour of your couch area.

IB4OU2
8/5/2005, 04:48 PM
Good to see the Dursley's are keeping Dudley spoiled as usual. (we need a dumbledore emoticon for those times you can bust out a good HP dealio).

If you wanna see happiness and joy in your kids eyes, go buy yourself a new large appliance. Then give them the box it came in. My kids had more fun when they were younger just playing with a big old cardboard box than they ever had with all the gadget toys we would buy them. Give em' a couple old blankets to go along with the box and let their imagination run wild.

Oh, and nice couch. I used to have one just like that.......until my dad got a job.

And if they pee on the floor you can just throw it away or burn it....

oumartin
8/5/2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks. It goes pretty good in our house. I like the double recliners and the microfiber.

are the recliners in the couch? I had a couch with recliners in each end and it was the heaviest POS I ever moved and i had to move it 3 times in the 10 years I had it.
I opted for cheap Mathis Brothers furniture this go round. Also, that looks an awful like bookshelf Optimist(Realistic,radio shack) speaker. Heave litte turds mine were but sounded awful nice till the boy stuck a pencil through it.

Flagstaffsooner
8/5/2005, 05:03 PM

http://members.cox.net/normandothemagnificent/couch01.jpgDid you wet on the couch again?

JohnnyMack
8/5/2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks. It goes pretty good in our house. I like the double recliners and the microfiber. Everything shows up on it though. See - there is my *** print.

Careful, lest you leave some evidence like this behind:

http://www.counter-ads.net/graphic_elements/sexy_volvo.jpg

Norm In Norman
8/5/2005, 10:48 PM
are the recliners in the couch? I had a couch with recliners in each end and it was the heaviest POS I ever moved and i had to move it 3 times in the 10 years I had it.
I opted for cheap Mathis Brothers furniture this go round. Also, that looks an awful like bookshelf Optimist(Realistic,radio shack) speaker. Heave litte turds mine were but sounded awful nice till the boy stuck a pencil through it.
Yeah, they are radio shacks. I've had them for probably 10 years. I figure they work pretty good for the surrounds in my cheap system.

oumartin
8/6/2005, 07:38 AM
yeah Norm, I loved mine, they had a nice clean sound! Until like i said the boy put a pencil through the paper, I never had grills on my speakers until that little incident.

oumartin
8/6/2005, 11:21 AM
heres my 3 year old enjoying his r.c. bigfoot.

http://www.geocities.com/jeffreys_daddy/jake.jpg

GDC
8/6/2005, 10:14 PM
http://www.memestreams.net/users/iconoclast/blogid5446855/

Hamster thrown from remote-control truck

SoonerObsession
8/7/2005, 12:06 AM
I want to know where I can get one of these... http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=HydroFoam

solucky
2/28/2006, 09:11 PM
Hello Everyone,

If you're looking for a hydrofoam, check out our website www.realhydrofoam.com. It comes assembled and ready to fly contrary to the others being sold.

Enjoy.

Beef
2/28/2006, 09:51 PM
heh

Norm In Norman
2/28/2006, 10:13 PM
Is this some sort of ingenious spambot?

proud gonzo
2/28/2006, 11:36 PM
I don't know, but it was a nice opportunity to test my neg hammer. that was fun :D

I wish I had some little R/C cars....

OUDoc
3/1/2006, 09:19 AM
So, will the boat work on Norm's couch or what?

Beef
3/1/2006, 09:20 AM
I wish I had some little R/C cars....
Does Iggy still read the board?

proud gonzo
3/1/2006, 11:08 AM
Does Iggy still read the board?
no. :O