PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Maclin

trwxxa
8/2/2005, 09:44 PM
Anyone familiar?

http://interact.collegesports.com/recruiting/#

Oklahoma pledged Super Prospect receiver Jeremy Maclin of St. Louis-Kirkwood, Mo., over Texas Tech.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/2/2005, 09:52 PM
I read about him a while back. I am hoping he will contribute as much as his hype suggests

Then again it is early, so he might be a soft verbal

OUfan7
8/3/2005, 02:28 PM
He say's he is with OU unless "someone can show me different", for whatever that's worth.

stoopified
8/4/2005, 01:39 AM
Sound like the kid might want to pull a Stephenson.Wait he can't do that Wussy state doesn't have a football team.

GottaHavePride
8/4/2005, 02:11 AM
He pledged OU? Awesome. I just hope he knows not to let Niedermeyer see the pin.

;)

ousooners182
9/29/2008, 06:59 AM
man to bad maclin didnt stay with his word :(

sooners123
9/29/2008, 09:57 AM
lol.... bored much?

Mad Dog Madsen
9/29/2008, 10:11 AM
man to bad maclin didnt stay with his word :(

Yeah we're really struggling without him.

starclassic tama
9/29/2008, 12:41 PM
not only that, but they beat us twice last year with maclin knocking us out of the national title game. oh wait, other way around. jeremy who?

NormanPride
9/29/2008, 12:59 PM
Guys, the kid is an amazing talent. It is too bad he didn't sign with us. However, we are doing just fine. Saying we'd like him is no bash on current players, it's just wishing we had an amazing player. Wouldn't you have liked to have Peyton Manning back in the 90's?

RacerX
9/29/2008, 01:08 PM
?

Peyton doesn't have a National Title.

starclassic tama
9/29/2008, 01:52 PM
maclin would get lost in the depth chart at OU. do you want chase daniel too normanpride? what about chase coffman? I WISH THEY WERE SOONERS! PLEASE TRANSFER GUYS!

NormanPride
9/29/2008, 03:09 PM
Peyton didn't have a title, but he still would have been nice to have around to back up Fuente. :D

CK Sooner
9/29/2008, 03:10 PM
maclin would get lost in the depth chart at OU. do you want chase daniel too normanpride? what about chase coffman? I WISH THEY WERE SOONERS! PLEASE TRANSFER GUYS!

Your ghey

:D

Mad Dog Madsen
9/29/2008, 04:41 PM
Guys, the kid is an amazing talent. It is too bad he didn't sign with us. However, we are doing just fine. Saying we'd like him is no bash on current players, it's just wishing we had an amazing player. Wouldn't you have liked to have Peyton Manning back in the 90's?

The 90's??? lol. There's a looong list of players I would've loved the Sooners to have in the 90's.

Sooner04
9/29/2008, 04:46 PM
maclin would get lost in the depth chart at OU.
I don't know, man. While Broyles was out swiping gas from the pump and getting suspended, Maclin was producing for a Top 5 team. The coaching staff would eat their visors to have a guy like Maclin on the team. ARE YOU NUTS?! Where do we find these people?

That kid would get lost on the depth chart because he'd never be on it. He'd be on the field from the word go.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/29/2008, 04:49 PM
?

Peyton doesn't have a National Title.

Neither did Bret Favre, Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, John Elway, Walter Payton, Brian Urlacher, Mike Singletary, Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, Eli Manning, should I go on ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/29/2008, 04:53 PM
The 90's??? lol. There's a looong list of players I would've loved the Sooners to have in the 90's.

Our players weren't that bad, we just had Boo Blake as coach. If Blake was coaching us this year, we would have already run 5 different offensive philosophies already. Nic Harris would be heading into the Baylor game as the starting QB. Demarco Murray would be a quick but undersized DE. Ryan Reynolds would be FB. Matt Clapp would be the punter. Manuel Johnson would be on the bench after throwing 5 interceptions last week against TCU ;)

Mad Dog Madsen
9/29/2008, 05:01 PM
Our players weren't that bad, we just had Boo Blake as coach. If Blake was coaching us this year, we would have already run 5 different offensive philosophies already. Nic Harris would be heading into the Baylor game as the starting QB. Demarco Murray would be a quick but undersized DE. Ryan Reynolds would be FB. Matt Clapp would be the punter. Manuel Johnson would be on the bench after throwing 5 interceptions last week against TCU ;)

I don't think we'd even have those guys if Blake was still here!

RacerX
9/30/2008, 02:14 PM
Neither did Bret Favre, Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, John Elway, Walter Payton, Brian Urlacher, Mike Singletary, Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, Eli Manning, should I go on ;)

This is a college team. As a fan, I'm interested in the success of the Sooners. Peyton didn't win the title, Tee Martin did. That is all.

Name all the successful pro guys you want. It doesn't much interest me what they do after they enter the pros.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/30/2008, 02:35 PM
What I am trying to say is that let's take the Top 5 Offensive lineman in the Nation in Nate Hybl's first year....do we win the National Title. If Hybl wasn't getting killed every down...we had the talent elsewhere to beat anyone. I am just saying that to say Peyton wasn't a GREAT college football players is crazy. Tee Martin wasn't 1/2 the QB hat Peyton was in college. Martin was just luckier.