PDA

View Full Version : Rayl?

Rhino
11/17/2003, 12:09 PM
What happened to Rayl?

How come he's not a second teamer now? Is he injured or just in the doghouse?

David Earl
11/17/2003, 12:26 PM
Good question.

NickZeppelin
11/17/2003, 01:23 PM
The first teams pretty damn good that's why

Rhino
11/17/2003, 03:11 PM
ZeppoNicko,

I'm asking why he isn't on the second-team that is complete of two walk-ons, a skinny tackle, Chris Bush & a third-team tight end.

I'm not asking why he isn't on the first team.

Penguin
11/17/2003, 03:18 PM
I heard that the first team is pretty darn good. That's why.

NickZeppelin
11/17/2003, 03:24 PM
I don't think they play second team guys outside of Bush really. But I don't pay a lot of attention to the OLine.

ultimatesooner1
11/17/2003, 03:41 PM
I don't think they play second team guys outside of Bush really. But I don't pay a lot of attention to the OLine.

why did you answer the ?

Penguin
11/17/2003, 03:56 PM
I think "The Man" is keeping him down.

GottaHavePride
11/17/2003, 06:11 PM
It must be Whitey. Down with Whitey! ;)

SicEmBaylor
5/2/2006, 05:02 PM
:bump:

Jello Biafra
5/2/2006, 05:08 PM
:bump:

wow nice dig. *sigh* rayl ......coulda woulda shoulda

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2006, 05:11 PM
didnt he have some sort of back injuries going on?...

GDC
5/2/2006, 05:13 PM
doh!

okienole3
5/2/2006, 05:21 PM
Then why did you answer Nick? I would venture to say that you don't pay attention to much of anything.

KC//CRIMSON
5/2/2006, 06:54 PM
ZeppoNicko,

I'm asking why he isn't on the second-team that is complete of two walk-ons, a skinny tackle, Chris Bush & a third-team tight end.

I'm not asking why he isn't on the first team.

you're talking to a wall. a very dumb wall.:D

NickZeppelin
5/2/2006, 07:13 PM
This post is almost 3 years old. And Rayl proved never to be good enough to play.

SicEmBaylor
5/2/2006, 07:50 PM
This post is almost 3 years old. And Rayl proved never to be good enough to play.

The truly great ones write posts which prove to be timeless. :D

Jello Biafra
5/2/2006, 10:35 PM

very good. the problem with this being three years old is the fact that you admit you don't watch Oline play but then say they don't play second teamers AND THEN 3 years after the fact say rayl wasn't good enough to play. that's why everyone hammers you like a vietnamese prostitute. because you make it too easy and are accessible.

o one other thing, i have seen you on SEVERAL different websites. hell i think i saw you on a south florida website a few days before we played them when i was arguing with a razorback fan. lemme tell you, i spend quite a bit of time on the internet. of course, im married with children. I've got nothing to live for :) anyway, point being, you need a hobbie or hobbie horse or a smaller hand or discover midget pron or something.........

hell, fat chicks are only fat if your freinds see you with em. take a chance. take off your pants. have a lil romance. you may as well do something.....your career as a amatuer football commentator is hashed.....

critical_phil
5/2/2006, 10:38 PM
BWAAHAHahahHHAAHhaHAHAHAHAaaa!!!!!!1111!!1

NickZeppelin
5/3/2006, 10:44 AM
very good. the problem with this being three years old is the fact that you admit you don't watch Oline play but then say they don't play second teamers AND THEN 3 years after the fact say rayl wasn't good enough to play. that's why everyone hammers you like a vietnamese prostitute. because you make it too easy and are accessible.

o one other thing, i have seen you on SEVERAL different websites. hell i think i saw you on a south florida website a few days before we played them when i was arguing with a razorback fan. lemme tell you, i spend quite a bit of time on the internet. of course, im married with children. I've got nothing to live for :) anyway, point being, you need a hobbie or hobbie horse or a smaller hand or discover midget pron or something.........

hell, fat chicks are only fat if your freinds see you with em. take a chance. take off your pants. have a lil romance. you may as well do something.....your career as a amatuer football commentator is hashed.....

Since when did anyone watch a game just to watch OLine play?

You might see an OLine block on replay but no one watches a football game to watch the offensive line play.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/3/2006, 10:55 AM
JKM?

Desert Sapper
5/3/2006, 10:57 AM

ROFLMAO. :D I salute you, Jello Biafra, for putting into colorful images that which we all wish to say. Keep on doing that thing that you do. I hope somebody else 'speks you, cause I'm out.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jello Biafra again.

Sooner in Tampa
5/3/2006, 11:03 AM
ROFLMAO. :D I salute you, Jello Biafra, for putting into colorful images that which we all wish to say. Keep on doing that thing that you do. I hope somebody else 'speks you, cause I'm out.Got it Sapper :)

David Earl
5/3/2006, 11:05 AM
Bud Wilkinson said the right way to watch football always starts with watching the line first.

Sooner in Tampa
5/3/2006, 11:07 AM
Bud Wilkinson said the right way to watch football always starts with watching the line first.DE...don't waste your time telling Nick about Bud...he probably thinks Bud was a bad coach.

NickZeppelin
5/3/2006, 11:07 AM
Bud Wilkinson said the right way to watch football always starts with watching the line first.

Maybe if you want to be a coach or something. But if you watch a game on TV or you are at the game you probably only see the OLine for a small part of the game. 90% of all fans are watching the QB, WRs, or RB first.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/3/2006, 11:09 AM
But David, Bud Wilkinson was a crappy coach who never accomplished anything. He was such a horrible coach, There was several seasons where Bud had great talent and didn't win at least 10 games. Bud should have been fired at least a decade before he left

:P

David Earl
5/3/2006, 11:10 AM
Maybe if you want to be a coach or something. But if you watch a game on TV or you are at the game you probably only see the OLine for a small part of the game. 90% of all fans are watching the QB, WRs, or RB first.

Wrongo Tricky Nicky! Bud said that in a section where he was telling FANS how to watch football in a way they get the most out of it. GADOCADWI

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/3/2006, 11:13 AM
Someone should fark Nick's face on Forrest Gump and put "I am not a smart man but I know what love is"

Sooner in Tampa
5/3/2006, 11:14 AM
Maybe if you want to be a coach or something. But if you watch a game on TV or you are at the game you probably only see the OLine for a small part of the game. 90% of all fans are watching the QB, WRs, or RB first.Thanks Nick...You have proven my point. No one is quite as smart as Nick the Quick...:rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/3/2006, 11:16 AM
You guys are starting to like my idea of a seperate Nick Forum and just bane him there, kind of like they did to LAS ;)

David Earl
5/3/2006, 11:21 AM
Nick, admit that you were wrong about what Bud said regarding how to watch football.

Sooner in Tampa
5/3/2006, 11:25 AM
Nick, admit that you were wrong about what Bud said regarding how to watch football.Fat Chance

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/3/2006, 11:34 AM

Okienole "Then why did you answer Nick? I would venture to say that you don't pay attention to much of anything"

Greatness!

David Earl
5/3/2006, 11:35 AM
Nick, it's a simple point. You spoke without even knowing what Bud said. Just admit you were wrong. I'm pinning this topic till you admit it.

Scott D
5/3/2006, 11:37 AM
But DE, the stats don't prove that watching the OLine is worth it ;)

Just shoe whip him and get it over with :D

soonerhubs
5/3/2006, 11:38 AM
Nick, it's a simple point. You spoke without even knowing what Bud said. Just admit you were wrong. I'm pinning this topic till you admit it.
heh. Come on Nick. Swallow that bitter pill.

okienole3
5/3/2006, 11:39 AM
yeah right. Nick will admit he is wrong later THEN sooner not sooner THEN later.

Sooner in Tampa
5/3/2006, 11:39 AM
But DE, the stats don't prove that watching the OLine is worth it ;)
hahahahahahaha...I don't care who ya are...that's funny. :D :D :D

David Earl
5/3/2006, 11:45 AM
Nick, everybody can see that you are completely unwilling to own up to it when you are wrong. You want the privilege of slamming coaches and players. You want them to take your criticism, but you won't admit it when YOU are wrong.

Nick, admit you were wrong about Bud. You've had ample time. You might actually earn a *little* credibility.

David Earl
5/3/2006, 11:51 AM
Nick, if you won't admit such an obvious error, why should we think you want to discuss football? If you are unwilling to admit you were wrong, it proves you're not here to exchange opinions about football, you're here to bash coaches and players. You got your foot in your mouth by inadvertently bashing Bud. Are you man enough to admit it or do you just bash and run?

Desert Sapper
5/3/2006, 11:54 AM
You might actually earn a *little* credibility.

Hahaha. Credibility. Nickzepp....That is dang funny. Not in this lifetime.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/3/2006, 11:55 AM
I don't care what others think. Everyone here loves me!

:(

David Earl
5/3/2006, 12:05 PM
How about it Nick?! You criticize coaches and players. You say you're just stating your opinion. Well, if your motive is to just talk and not bash you will retract your criticisms of Bud and admit you were wrong. Fess up Nick!

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/3/2006, 12:09 PM
DE may have accomplished what so many have tried before him....silence the Nick

Sooner in Tampa
5/3/2006, 12:11 PM
DE may have accomplished what so many have tried before him....silence the NickIMPOSSIBLE...it's nap time for nick...he shall return.

soonerhubs
5/3/2006, 12:31 PM
IMPOSSIBLE...it's nap time for nick...he shall return.
I forget now is he wheened from the bottle yet?

David Earl
5/3/2006, 12:31 PM
Nick, your last post in this thread was 11:07 am, May 3rd. If I see any other post from you after this time but before you respond to this thread, admitting you were wrong about Bud, I'm reaching for my shoe. You don't want me to reach for the shoe, Nick.

You people, please feel free to report the post if Nick posts anywhere on this board without dealing with this thread first.

Nick, it's time to be a man. Time to stop being a critic and admit you were wrong.

Sooner in Tampa
5/3/2006, 12:33 PM
DE...Reporting for Nick watch, Sir!!!

OUMallen
5/3/2006, 12:36 PM
If you wanna bane Nick, you should bane him, but I don't think mods singling out and riding individual posters is a good way to attract/retain people to SoonerFans.com. This shouldn't be stickied, and Nick has a point: people that aren't goober fans like us or coaches or otherwise have X's and O's knowledge don't watch the OLine much. We all know Bud was the best, and I am sure that quote is exactly right insofar as being one of the greatest coaches in history, but the casual fan won't even understand the oline stuff. I know I don't understand all the blocking schemes, and I actually try to pay some attention.

Anyway, I thought mods were supposed to be halfway impartial and not join in on the flaming/arguing? Sure, Nick's got some weird and wrong opinions, but he's much like the goofy uncle at the family reunion: no one takes him that sersiouly, but he adds flavor to the board. It just seems wrong that a mod would single out an individual poster. You should just PM him, temp bane, or bane-bane him.

<Ready for my own baning>

soonerhubs
5/3/2006, 12:36 PM
DE...Reporting for Nick watch, Sir!!!
At your service! For another 10 minutes at least. :)

soonerhubs
5/3/2006, 12:39 PM
You have given out too much Neg Spek Reputation to Nick Zeppelin in the last 24 hours to give any to OUMallen, try again later.

NickZeppelin
5/3/2006, 12:39 PM
How about it Nick?! You criticize coaches and players. You say you're just stating your opinion. Well, if your motive is to just talk and not bash you will retract your criticisms of Bud and admit you were wrong. Fess up Nick!
I don't bash anyone unless it's deserved. And I didn't critisize Bud.

David Earl
5/3/2006, 12:40 PM
Mallen, ordinarily I would agree. I was very reluctant to call Nick out on this, but Nick has slammed the coaches and players too often. Many (if not most) board members will tell you we've privately and publicly warned Nick often and he doesn't listen. Because he has been so public with his criticism of OU coaches and players I'm being equally public in calling him out.

David Earl
5/3/2006, 12:42 PM
I don't bash anyone unless it's deserved. And I didn't critisize Bud.

You did criticise Bud. Bud said that's the way to watch football. You said that's only good for coaches, not fans. You basically said Bud was wrong. Nick, admit you were wrong in what you said about Bud.

NickZeppelin
5/3/2006, 12:44 PM
I didn't say he was wrong. I said most people don't watch football that way. Very few people can name the starting OLines for our 7 NC teams but I bet most people know who started at QB, RB, WR etc. on most of those teams.

soonerhubs
5/3/2006, 12:47 PM
Getting NZ to swallow his pride equals:
http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~hobd8260/BeatDeadHorse.gif

David Earl
5/3/2006, 12:47 PM
Actually, you did say he was wrong. I said, "Bud Wilkinson said the right way to watch football always starts with watching the line first." To which you responded, "Maybe if you want to be a coach or something." You were saying, in effect, that Bud's advise on how a fan should watch football was only fitting for a coach. Therefore, you were saying Bud was wrong. Either that, or you were wrong in your understanding of what Bud said.

Either way, you were wrong and you should own up to it, Nick.

Sooner in Tampa
5/3/2006, 12:51 PM
Once again Nick proves everyones point...he thinks his **** don't stink and he can NEVER be wrong...hence the reason everyone on this board is one his a$$.

NickZeppelin
5/3/2006, 12:53 PM
No I'm not completely wrong. Most fans couldn't tell you the 5 starters of the 2000 offense without looking it up. But they can tell you Josh Heupel was the QB, Q Griffin was the RB, Fagan, Mackey, Norman, Savage, and Woolfolk were the wideouts. And they can probably tell you who started on defense too. But I bet most fans here couldn't name more then 2 starters on that teams offensive line.

NickZeppelin
5/3/2006, 12:54 PM
Once again Nick proves everyones point...he thinks his **** don't stink and he can NEVER be wrong...hence the reason everyone on this board is one his a$$.

When did I ever say that I'm never wrong?

David Earl
5/3/2006, 12:56 PM
Nick, all you have to do is admit you were wrong. Is that so hard?

Here, I'll show you.

I thought White played poorly in NO after the 03 season. I later learned he played that game with two broken bones. I was wrong about White. I was wrong.

There you go, Nick. That's how you do. No just do it. You were wrong about Bud.

colleyvillesooner
5/3/2006, 12:57 PM
OH, JUST PULL YOUR SHOE OUT ALREADY. :D

David Earl
5/3/2006, 12:57 PM
No I'm not completely wrong. Most fans couldn't tell you the 5 starters of the 2000 offense without looking it up. But they can tell you Josh Heupel was the QB, Q Griffin was the RB, Fagan, Mackey, Norman, Savage, and Woolfolk were the wideouts. And they can probably tell you who started on defense too. But I bet most fans here couldn't name more then 2 starters on that teams offensive line.

The question is not how fans watch the game, but how Bud said fans SHOULD watch the game. You indicated Bud's advice was only for coaches. You were wrong about Bud. Admit it.

David Earl
5/3/2006, 12:58 PM
No I'm not completely wrong.

You're getting closer, Nick.

Sooner in Tampa
5/3/2006, 12:59 PM
When did I ever say that I'm never wrong?You have never admitted you were wrong for anything and this thread just illuminates your attitude. You probably ought to think of a career in politics when you grow up...you can twist words with the best of them.

SHOE
SHOE
SHOE
SHOE
SHOE
SHOE
SHOE
SHOE
SHOE
SHOE
SHOE
SHOE
SHOE
SHOE

David Earl
5/3/2006, 01:00 PM
Come on Nick, just take that next step.

NickZeppelin
5/3/2006, 01:03 PM
What do you want me to admit I'm wrong about? Something I think I'm right about? No. Nothing on this thread has changed my mind on how important the oline is to most fans.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/3/2006, 01:07 PM
Will you apologize for saying that Bomar is a bad QB and saying that Stoops is a horrible coach?

David Earl
5/3/2006, 01:08 PM
Nick, I've honestly tried to reach you here. I'm very sincere in my effort to get you to see why your criticism comes across as bashing. It is constant and you never retract it, even when it is obvious to everybody you are mistaken. Your actions show more and more that you just like to criticize and stir the pot.

I'm giving you a one-week shoe whipping.

Nick, I truly hate this. But something tells me you intend to be this way.

toast
5/3/2006, 01:08 PM
Nick,

I can go post a "I'm wrong" post on ouinsider and then you can copy/paste it over here like all of your other stuff if that will help.

I'm here for ya bud.

SkipTracer
5/3/2006, 01:10 PM
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1690/fans0wf.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/3/2006, 01:12 PM
Nick,

I can go post a "I'm wrong" post on ouinsider and then you can paste it over here if that will help.

I'm here for ya bud.

Do What? Did anyone else understand this?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/3/2006, 01:12 PM
This reminds me of my uncle's farm cat. He would find a mouse in the barn and slap it around a bit before making his kill.

soonerhubs
5/3/2006, 01:15 PM
Is he offering us all bud-light?

toast
5/3/2006, 01:16 PM

Nick's penchant for plagarizing...

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/3/2006, 01:21 PM
ahh. haha I am dumb...my bad

Jello Biafra
5/3/2006, 04:28 PM
awwwww demmit!!!! why i gotta miss all tha fun?

i know you're reading nick so while you are spending your week off touching yourself vigorously, think about this. there are alot of people out there who can tell you how many pancake blocks frank romero had in the 2000 season and how many sacks wes simms allowed in his career and bubba burchams marital status while on the team. there are a whole bunch of people who do nothing but watch the first three seconds of the game keying on the line play. I have been doing it for years. you can typically tell which way the play is going, wether it is pass or run and more times than not you won't even miss a beat when it comes to run or pass. If you do happen to miss a big play, it will be replayed on the jumbotron

now, enjoy your vacation. be sure and use ky jelly and wear your glasses or you'll go blind.

colleyvillesooner
5/3/2006, 04:53 PM
there are alot of people out there who can tell you how many pancake blocks frank romero had in the 2000 season and how many sacks wes simms allowed in his career and bubba burchams marital status while on the team.

Is the answer an assload? ;)

yermom
5/3/2006, 04:56 PM
he was holding too much to allow that many ;)

Jello Biafra
5/3/2006, 05:37 PM
Is the answer an assload? ;)

definately......

KC//CRIMSON
5/3/2006, 09:43 PM
http://flatrock.org.nz/topics/flying/assets/hindenburg.jpg

SicEmBaylor
5/4/2006, 02:52 AM
I feel kind of bad for bumping an almost 3 year old thread and getting someone banned even if it is Nick.
On the other hand...bashing Bud Wilkinson on an OU message board takes some kind of stupid.

Desert Sapper
5/4/2006, 05:50 AM
I don't even think he bashed Bud, but he didn't get what Bud was saying and refused to admit it. His ignorance and arrogance are what earned him the shoe-whipping, not anything you did, sicem. Nick's problem is not that he is stupid, but that he is arrogant and speaks (posts) before he thinks. He likely thinks he is above everyone here, so it doesn't bother him when he gets flogged in public (like he often does from the regulars). It probably didn't even bother him to get baned for a week by DE. In fact, I can almost guarantee it didn't bother him. He was probably looking to get baned to prove to the few people that sympathize with him on this board that he is the victim. Don't be deceived.

Sooner in Tampa
5/4/2006, 05:52 AM
DE wields a might mean shoe...but it was deserved in this case. Nick had several opportunities to come clean and just fess up.

Oh well.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/4/2006, 09:09 AM
I feel kind of bad for bumping an almost 3 year old thread and getting someone banned even if it is Nick.
On the other hand...bashing Bud Wilkinson on an OU message board takes some kind of stupid.

I feel pretty good giving you some spek for doing it. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/4/2006, 10:00 AM
Let's just say Nick has a good chance of getting baned almost daily without any Baylor help ;)

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 09:44 AM
so nick is bained but is green? whut tha?

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 09:48 AM

well nick....i brought this thread back to life to prove you are a dooshepickle.....

i saw the yarddawgz game last weekend and rayl is playing for tulsa.....he completely and totally shut down the dline for okc....he allowed one sack from steven coleman but other than that....zero...

jumperstop
6/2/2009, 12:11 PM
Maybe I missed something by quickly looking over this thread, but everyone seems to be really really mean to that Nick guy. What he's saying is true, most people do not know as much about the o-line. That doesn't mean they're any less important or that they shouldn't watch them, but he is right about the fact that the average person does not pay as much attention to them as the QB or RB.

Edit: please don't neg me for that, just playing devil's advocate. I know everyone is real sensitive over the o-line issue, especially this season. :)

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 12:23 PM
Maybe I missed something by quickly looking over this thread, but everyone seems to be really really mean to that Nick guy. What he's saying is true, most people do not know as much about the o-line. That doesn't mean they're any less important or that they shouldn't watch them, but he is right about the fact that the average person does not pay as much attention to them as the QB or RB.

Edit: please don't neg me for that, just playing devil's advocate. I know everyone is real sensitive over the o-line issue, especially this season. :)

no. what he is saying is NOT true. most former fatmen watch line play first. beleive it or not...if your mind is fast enough, you can watch the play develope and just about predict what is going to happen by watching seal blocking develope and THEN pick up the running back or wide receiver. you can watch the oline and IMMEDIATELY tell what kind of play is being run. if they stand up and go to pass block mode, you are looking at a pass or a draw in which case you look for a runningback. if the running back in moving around and looking left and right, he is pass blocking and then you look at the receivers and see who is open. if the back seems to be standing still and looking straight ahead he is probably looking for an openeing and will soon be taking a handoff... if the line attack the dlineman, you can tell which way the ball is SUPPOSE to go by which side you see the lineman on...if the LOT is on the outside of the DT driving him inside, you know the ball is suppose to go outside....etc etc etc.

THAT was most important argument about this thread. he thinks people are uneducated about line play and we were saying there are ALOT of people who watch line first and then watch the play develope based on what they say at the beginning of the play.

jumperstop
6/2/2009, 01:16 PM
no. what he is saying is NOT true. most former fatmen watch line play first. beleive it or not...if your mind is fast enough, you can watch the play develope and just about predict what is going to happen by watching seal blocking develope and THEN pick up the running back or wide receiver. you can watch the oline and IMMEDIATELY tell what kind of play is being run. if they stand up and go to pass block mode, you are looking at a pass or a draw in which case you look for a runningback. if the running back in moving around and looking left and right, he is pass blocking and then you look at the receivers and see who is open. if the back seems to be standing still and looking straight ahead he is probably looking for an openeing and will soon be taking a handoff... if the line attack the dlineman, you can tell which way the ball is SUPPOSE to go by which side you see the lineman on...if the LOT is on the outside of the DT driving him inside, you know the ball is suppose to go outside....etc etc etc.

THAT was most important argument about this thread. he thinks people are uneducated about line play and we were saying there are ALOT of people who watch line first and then watch the play develope based on what they say at the beginning of the play.

You're right, there are a lot of people out there who understand every facet of the game and the importance that the line plays. When I watch a play, I am able to see and comprehend most of what is happening, but you can't tell me all those sorority girls and 80 year old women in the stands look at the things you just mentioned. This does not include me, but average CASUAL fan (which makes up a good portion of the people who watch football) do not pay attention to the line, but will know who Sam Bradford is and when he throws a touchdown to Gresham or hands off the ball to DM. That's all I think he was trying to say, not that this is how it should be.

SouthFortySooner
6/2/2009, 03:44 PM
Hey Hey, I saw the Tech game last year from the endzone. Great venue for seeing line play develop. BTW the holes were allsome for Murray.

rainiersooner
6/2/2009, 05:21 PM
This year, I am going to watch the line first. This is a great thread - educational AND funny!!

RiddlerOK
6/2/2009, 05:54 PM
:pop:

sooner518
6/2/2009, 06:39 PM
Hey Hey, I saw the Tech game last year from the endzone. Great venue for seeing line play develop. BTW the holes were allsome for Murray.

i bet you could really see those wide splits for Tech! Did you know that Tech uses really wide line splits?!?! Their linemen line up about 5 feet apart! Amazing!

/FoxSports'd

rainiersooner
6/2/2009, 07:00 PM
i bet you could really see those wide splits for Tech! Did you know that Tech uses really wide line splits?!?! Their linemen line up about 5 feet apart! Amazing!

/FoxSports'd

So does Florida - but that's just because the linemen are being parted by Tebow, much like Moses and the Red Sea.

ndpruitt03
7/8/2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the memories. Can't believe I said that bs about not watching the lines. What a freakin' moron.

Desert Sapper
7/13/2009, 02:05 AM
It's much easier to watch the line when you are at the game than it is from the TV. You can't control the TV director that would prefer to focus on Sam's eyeballs or the LB. All the same, they usually go back to the same side angle before the ball is snapped, and that generally makes it easy to watch.

This has got to be one of the oldest threads on this site (after the transition to this new site). Good times, good times.

ndpruitt03
7/13/2009, 02:19 AM
It's much easier to watch the line when you are at the game than it is from the TV. You can't control the TV director that would prefer to focus on Sam's eyeballs or the LB. All the same, they usually go back to the same side angle before the ball is snapped, and that generally makes it easy to watch.

This has got to be one of the oldest threads on this site (after the transition to this new site). Good times, good times.

That's very true. Even on a run play you only see about half a second of the line if they play well. On pass plays you really never see much of the line doing anything unless there's replays. The only time anyone really notices the line is when someone gets beat most of the time.

RedstickSooner
7/13/2009, 04:59 PM
well nick....i brought this thread back to life to prove you are a dooshepickle.....

i saw the yarddawgz game last weekend and rayl is playing for tulsa.....he completely and totally shut down the dline for okc....he allowed one sack from steven coleman but other than that....zero...

So...

Why wasn't he on the two-deep?

I hate it when threads don't answer the OP.

:)