PDA

View Full Version : Avatar's, smilies, graphics etc.......

OU-HSV
8/1/2005, 04:50 PM
won't show up..is anyone else having this problem???

Harry Beanbag
8/1/2005, 05:08 PM
Yep.

Mjcpr
8/1/2005, 05:14 PM
User CP/Edit Options/Thread Viewing Options.......are all of those check marked?

OU-HSV
8/1/2005, 05:18 PM
Yep...all checked..so it must be more than just me..good I'm not going crazy

OklahomaTrombone
8/1/2005, 06:59 PM
do they show up as red x's or just not at all?

Harry Beanbag
8/1/2005, 07:01 PM
There weren't showing up at all for me, but everything appears normal now.

Sooner24
8/1/2005, 10:00 PM
There weren't showing up at all for me, but everything appears normal now.

Nothing is evar normal on soonerfans.com. :D

OU-HSV
8/2/2005, 08:23 AM
I had a couple red x's but other than that nothing was showing up...but from the looks of it this morning everythings fine again.

OU-HSV
8/2/2005, 08:37 AM
Nevermind I take it all back..It's doing it again to me..urgh!

SoonerLB
8/6/2005, 12:51 PM
Some pics do not show up for me. I'm not sure why some do and some don't, any ideas anyone?

Norm In Norman
8/6/2005, 01:15 PM
It could happen during high traffic times, especially with avatars since they are stored in the database. I haven't had problems in a while though. If you find this happening, please note how many people are on at the time and let us know. I'm sure Beano can figure something out ;).

SoonerLB
8/10/2005, 04:51 PM
I get avatars, smilies, etc., just fine, but posted pics do not show up in a lot of the posts. Czar Soorerov's latest wallpaper doesn't show for me, along with about half of the others on that wallpaper thread, or any other thread in the Fark section. I can never get the pics to show in the Fark contest voting threads either. I visit and use a variety of discussion boards, and this is the only one that presents this problem, so I am at a loss as to the cause. It doesn't seem to make any difference what time day or night, or how many users are on, they just never show.

Blue
8/16/2005, 11:38 PM
No pics, avatars, or smilies for me either.

Blue
8/16/2005, 11:40 PM
No edit either. 168 online. 134 guests.

Annihilate the Fark board!

What am I saying? I love the farks, even if I can't see them.

Norm In Norman
8/17/2005, 02:30 PM
I get avatars, smilies, etc., just fine, but posted pics do not show up in a lot of the posts. Czar Soorerov's latest wallpaper doesn't show for me, along with about half of the others on that wallpaper thread, or any other thread in the Fark section. I can never get the pics to show in the Fark contest voting threads either. I visit and use a variety of discussion boards, and this is the only one that presents this problem, so I am at a loss as to the cause. It doesn't seem to make any difference what time day or night, or how many users are on, they just never show.
He uses a specific server that is probably blocked wherever you are browsing from. There are no pictures hosted here unless it's board specific (no farks).

Norm In Norman
8/17/2005, 02:31 PM
No pics, avatars, or smilies for me either.
Hmmm - I'm having 0 problems with that. Is it always like this or sometimes? I honestly don't even know what to try.

Blue
8/17/2005, 02:59 PM
It comes and goes. I almost think it's my connection.

SoonerLB
8/25/2005, 11:13 PM
I'm on Cox, and I get maybe 65% of the fark pics to show. Certain individual's fark pics never show for me. It's weird, and I'll be darned if I can figure it out. Like I said earlier, this is the only site I have this problem with. Hope we can figure it out, I know I'm missing some great laughs on the fark board. :)

SoonerLB
8/26/2005, 12:36 PM
Norm, maybe a sticky on the fark board would help determine how many others are having similar problems viewing pics, etc.
As for me, I use IE for my browser, and Cox cable is my provider. Here are a few on the individuals whose pics do not show for me, or rarely show:
Czar Soonerov
OU-HSV
NewAZTiger
Dood4Bama
Geaux4LSU

Is it possible that they all use the same hosting site, and maybe that is the problem?

Norm In Norman
8/26/2005, 02:19 PM
I can almost guarantee they all use the same hosting site. Ask over there and I'll try to remember to sticky it. I bet Czar will have an idea.

OU-HSV
9/12/2005, 05:29 PM
Norm, maybe a sticky on the fark board would help determine how many others are having similar problems viewing pics, etc.
As for me, I use IE for my browser, and Cox cable is my provider. Here are a few on the individuals whose pics do not show for me, or rarely show:
Czar Soonerov
OU-HSV
NewAZTiger
Dood4Bama
Geaux4LSU

Is it possible that they all use the same hosting site, and maybe that is the problem?
I use Imageshack