PDA

View Full Version : Demarco Murray - 5 star RB

BillyBall
7/28/2005, 11:41 AM
Demarco Murray, a 5 star RB from Bishop Gorman HS in Las Vegas and a former teammate of Ryan Reynolds, has narrowed his favorites to 3: OU, Florida, and the coCaines.. Word is that hes OUs to lose.

He is the only 5 star RB according to Rivals and is a Reggie Bush type player with a bang of versatility.

LSUdeek
7/28/2005, 12:10 PM
He is the only 5 star RB according to Rivals and is a Reggie Bush type player with a bang of versatility.

Replace RB with APB and you are correct, sir...

BillyBall
7/28/2005, 01:06 PM
Replace RB with APB and you are correct, sir...

You are right, I screwed that up... LaSean McCoy is the only 5 star "RB" left, Chris Wells from Akron is a solid to tOSU. Murray is the only 5 star "APB". They (Murray and McCoy) are both listed as "RBs" in the 100, 250 list and thus the confusion..... Thanks for the correction.

melbitoast
7/29/2005, 06:28 PM
Who cares what kind of "back" he is, as long as we land him. What are the actually chances? I've heard the same about him being very much like Bush, so he sounds good to me. I think it's time for Mr. Reynolds to start using some of his weight, and get that guy here.

stoopified
7/31/2005, 01:45 AM
C;mon down Mr. Murray and you can be next in line for the Heisman behind AD and Bomar.I figure WTF, if VY can be a Heisman candidate so can Bomar.

BillyBall
7/31/2005, 01:58 PM
There is an interview with him on the Daily Oklahoman website.

http://www.newsok.com/sports/ou/

47straight
8/21/2005, 02:33 PM
I hope that Chuck Long can unvanilla the offense enough to attract and fully utilize an all purpose back.

Hound
8/22/2005, 03:15 PM
I hope that Chuck Long can unvanilla the offense enough to attract and fully utilize an all purpose back.
I agree......lets watch Norm Chow and his Tenn nightmare ;)

How about Chuck "Chow" Long
;)

BillyBall
8/27/2005, 09:00 AM
We are the leader for his services... I would love to have a player with his abilities on the same field with AD.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=2&c=429404

jreed13
9/21/2005, 12:23 AM
This kid is a COMPLETE freak of nature. Having him and AD in the same backfield would be disgusting. Think of Williams/Brown but much better. I hope he joins his buddy Ryan in Norman.

Sooner_Bob
9/21/2005, 07:41 AM
cool . . . he'd be quite the signee.

sooneron
9/21/2005, 09:05 AM
It would be nice to add another player of unpredictability to our offense. I think once Bomar gets settled (hopefully) he'll be tough to defend.

jreed13
9/21/2005, 09:10 AM
Tripple option. Bomar + AD + Murray ! :D

BillyBall
10/3/2005, 09:27 AM
He has set an official visit to OU on Oct 22.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=recruiting_blog

IR4OU
10/4/2005, 07:54 PM
WOOF!!!!!!!!!!!

sooner13f
10/4/2005, 09:02 PM
I think the kid is on the fence. He made a statement like "I want to see how Oklahoma plays the rest of the year" The outcome of this season could play a big part.

Scotty
10/10/2005, 08:53 PM
Does anyone have any videos? I'm anxious to see this kid...

southern sooner
10/10/2005, 08:57 PM
A weak offensive line could keep him away....

BASSooner
10/10/2005, 10:32 PM
According to soonersillustrated hes highly interested in us, therefore right now, we are his favorite school

jreed13
10/11/2005, 12:25 AM
Murray is a Reggie Bush/ Tyrone Prohtro/ Ginn Jr. type of player.

Mjcpr
10/11/2005, 07:53 AM
'Gators lead after great visit' was the teaser I read at OUInsider regarding Demarco Murray. I'm sure our record this year isn't helping.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/11/2005, 11:20 AM
Well if one bad year for a college decides where a player wants to go, I don't want them here.

snp
10/11/2005, 02:37 PM
Gators lead, but early visits can be easily swayed if we can come overthetop. See, Myron Rolle

It only took one time in Gainesville for Las Vegas (NV) Bishop O'Gorman running back to discover what all the hype is about The Swamp. As he watched the Florida Gators demolish the Mississippi State Bulldogs in front of 90,104 fans, the speedy, elusive five-star runner was so impressed that he was ready to name a new favorite.

(See DeMarco Murray (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=1291617) profile) The 6-1, 185 pound Murray grew up a fan of the Gators. He visited Florida (http://florida.scout.com/) last year with his teammate Ryan Reynolds (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=896459), who eventually signed with Oklahoma (http://oklahoma.scout.com/). With the Homecoming crowd lending atmosphere and excitement to the visit, Murray decided the Florida Gators are his new leaders.

"Florida leads," Murray said. "Because of the visit, it puts Florida ahead right now. The atmosphere sets Florida apart, it was a great city, and everyone is friendly. I think they have the best fans and stadium of all the teams I am following right now. I thought the crowd was great."

This could have been the weekend from hell for Murray, but somehow everything fell in place for his official visit. He had an itinerary that was straight from a horror movie script. He even had to leave his game early on Friday night to make the schedule work.

"I left my game early, towards the beginning of the third quarter so I could catch the red-eye at 10:40," Murray said. "We were winning 56-0 when I left; the final score was 72-6. I got to fly to Atlanta, then through to Gainesville and got in about 9 a.m. A graduate assistant picked me up at the airport. I went straight from the airport to the Gator Walk and meet the coaches and players from there.

The coaches and players were in game mode and didn't have much time to meet with him so the next big appointment was the game. He loved the crowd, loved the atmosphere, loved that the Gators won and best of all, he saw a running back position that is practically begging for him to wear orange and blue.

"They [the Gators] played together as a team and came away with a victory," he said. "The offense was great … they had a couple of fumbles from the backs but they did great. I can see myself fitting in the offense. I like how they move the backs around. Not only do I like to run, but I like to catch screens and quick passes. I saw them do a lot of stuff like that and the option. I like how they spread the defense out, so they can't just put eight people in the box to stop the running game."

Afterwards Murray got to see a lot of very happy Gators celebrating in the locker room. Murray got to appreciate the moment.

"I went into the locker room and listened to Coach (Urban) Meyer talk about the team win and stuff like that," he said. "I felt like I was part of it. He gave a great speech and all the players were congratulating each other and stuff."

Freshman quarterback Josh Portis (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=2077815), a Californian, was Murray's host for the weekend. Murray came away with a real appreciation for Portis and the other Gators he met during his stay.

"After the game I hung out with Josh Portis for about an hour and a half, he was my host," Murray said. "He is a great player and a great personality. I just had a great time. After that I went back to the hotel to shower and go out for dinner.

"I went out with Josh and a few players. I met DeShawn Wynn (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=2158353) and Markus Manson (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=2158311) and I met Kestahn Moore (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=2077783) before the game. DeShawn is a huge guy and Markus was my host last year when I visited."

Murray has really grown close to Running Back Coach Stan Drayton and the time he got to spend with Drayton on Saturday made him feel even more at ease. Murray has high praise for Florida's running back coach.

"All the players told me he is the coolest coach," he said. "He is a straight forward coach. He is a fun coach to be around, but wants you to be better. He is a hard coach too and wants you to get after it. I got to know him a little better and he did a great job of selling me on the school. I had a great time with him.

Because it was homecoming weekend in Gainesville, one of Florida's all-time greats was in town but unfortunately for Murray, there was no chance for him to meet former Gator and NFL great Emmitt Smith (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=1160226).

"No, actually as I was coming out of my hotel I saw him, but I missed the breakfast he was at," Murray said.

Murray could not see the visit going any better than it did. All of this despite the fact he hardly slept the night before the game on Saturday and had a long flight plan back to Las Vegas on Sunday. For Murray, the other schools on his visit list have a lot to live up to.

"The visit was a ten," he said. "It met and passed my expectations."

Murray still plans on taking scheduled trips to Oklahoma and USC (http://usc.scout.com/). He also plans on making his announcement at the US Army (http://army.scout.com/) All American Game if he is selected for the team. Florida made the most of its chance to host this five-star runner. It will be up to the other schools to out-do a weekend in The Swamp.

jreed13
10/11/2005, 02:50 PM
That sucks. Why do people still want to go to Florida? Other than the location???

snp
10/11/2005, 04:52 PM
I also love how the OU student paper did a piece on him today and neglected to mention any of that information I just posted. All they did was talk about his skills and that he is going to visit us and UCS.

The whole sports writers for that paper are kinda inept, except for my friend Rhett. Oh well, like there's many good professional sports writers, much less student sports writers.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/11/2005, 06:15 PM
I hate reading the Oklahoma Daily. Most of it is all opinions and nothing else.

101sooner
10/11/2005, 06:17 PM
Ninja, maybe I'm way off base here, but that sure looks like a "premium board" cut-and-paste too me. Am I wrong? Is there some rule that I don't understand?

jccouger
10/11/2005, 10:13 PM
Hmm, It looks like we are gonna have to make his visit here that much better.

Lets hire some hookers.

snp
10/12/2005, 12:31 AM
Ninja, maybe I'm way off base here, but that sure looks like a "premium board" cut-and-paste too me. Am I wrong? Is there some rule that I don't understand?
Yea, it was. I talked to Phil about it a while ago and he didn't seem to mind if I shared some info. I'm not going to be cutting and pasting everything out there for you guys, but if there's something that pertains to a discussion, then I'll post it.

At the other forum, somethingawful.com, I frequent, there is a stickyed thread that people request for scout, rivals, ESPN, etc.

Plus, like anyone checks our recruiting forum.

Brasky7
10/20/2005, 08:19 PM
according to Rivals, Murray will not be in Norman for the official visit he had scheduled this weekend...

however, it's not cuz he's dropped us, he's sick, so sick in fact that he won't be playing this week for his team...

hopefully he can get well and get a visit rescheduled...

snp
10/23/2005, 11:53 PM
according to Rivals, Murray will not be in Norman for the official visit he had scheduled this weekend...

however, it's not cuz he's dropped us, he's sick, so sick in fact that he won't be playing this week for his team...

hopefully he can get well and get a visit rescheduled...
Negative. He enjoyed his visit up here, and we're back to being tied with the leaders. Still early, and he still has some visits left.

Scott D
10/24/2005, 01:05 AM
visiting when 3 out of 5 running backs are injured is always helpful.

Brasky7
10/24/2005, 03:54 AM
Negative. He enjoyed his visit up here, and we're back to being tied with the leaders. Still early, and he still has some visits left.

you're right, i just saw the link on there and i was pleasantly surprised...

but i'm not crazy, they had a story on there saying he was so sick he wasn't even going to play in his team's game this week... :confused:

oh well, he came to the game and enjoyed his visit...

October 20, 2005
Murray's visit a no-go this weekend
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremy Crabtree
Rivals100.com

nBoSTP
10/25/2005, 02:39 PM
I don't know if anyone cares because he isn't going to OU anyway probably but Lesean McCoy had a compound fracture of his ankle a couple of weeks ago.

Scott D
10/25/2005, 10:40 PM
I think Penn State is in the driver's seat for McCoy because he wants to play where his parents can watch his home games.

snp
10/25/2005, 11:22 PM
I think Penn State is in the driver's seat for McCoy because he wants to play where his parents can watch his home games.
Espically after he got to watch PSU beat OSU. That place was crazy that night. It's gotta bode well for PSU.

Scott D
11/1/2005, 04:02 PM
bumping this one...Farrell from Rivals seems to think he's all but a lock for us....then again, he thinks that USC is focusing far more on Lesean McCoy than on Murray.

pgagolfpro77
11/2/2005, 06:00 PM
I think that now that we have our O-line running much better, and now that AD and RB are starting to put it all together, that we have a MUCH better chance of landing this dude. If we can just beat Tceh, and then get a big time bowl game and win that, we should be in. Plus, the Gators blow...surely he'll realize that we have a MUCH better team than they do!! :)

westcoast_sooner
11/3/2005, 12:59 AM
Let's hope that this Murray kid comes to OU. Everything I've heard about him sounds like a great player. He'd give AD some help, or he could redshirt until after AD goes pro. Sounds like another great back.

jreed13
11/3/2005, 01:03 AM
If he came here he would take snaps along with AD. Hes too good to keep off the field.

47straight
11/3/2005, 03:23 PM
I ***********hate************* to suggest this comparison, but look at how texas uses both Jamal Charles and Ramonce Taylor. 2 great RB's can share snaps with great effectiveness - esp. if Demarco is a good scatback/rb/wr, in the mold of the great Steve Sewell.

Soonerborn77
11/3/2005, 04:18 PM
the good news is at least he won't be scared off thinking that we're a school that doesn't like to play freshman....

Eielson
11/13/2005, 02:24 PM
I think Demarco would be the best running back for OU to get. Even with McCoy, Johnson, Goodson, Wells, and some others being rated ahead of him. Whoever we get will have to play behind Peterson and he is the one that is the most different than AD.

jreed13
11/13/2005, 02:54 PM
Murray is a stud. He should be our #1 target. The others cant really compare.

westcoast_sooner
11/16/2005, 02:49 AM
Sounds like a great prospect. I hope we get him. Not trying to be a smart*** here, but any word on whether we'll have OL recruits to block for him and AD?

sooner13f
11/16/2005, 09:18 PM
Sounds like a great prospect. I hope we get him. Not trying to be a smart*** here, but any word on whether we'll have OL recruits to block for him and AD?
Its starting to look better in the OL department, I think we will get 2-3 more to commit. I like Murray but I feel it is a big battle. USC, Florida, OU...I like Chris Brown from La. Either one would be great both would be crazy.

soonerdave79
12/8/2005, 11:22 PM
Only scored a 16 on his ACT according to Scout. That is no bueno.

sitzpinkler
12/14/2005, 01:10 PM
Murray down to two

It's now between us and SUC

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=491186

OUGreg723
12/14/2005, 02:28 PM
Only scored a 16 on his ACT according to Scout. That is no bueno.

Yeah that isnt good. I know you didnt mean aanything by it, but I dont think we should worry about that. That was his score the first time he took the test. Not everyone is a good standardized test taker. I only got a 19 the first time I took the stupid thing and then improved signifcantly the second time. I am just not a good standardized test taker. The kid could still be very smart. I hate standardized tests. They mean nothing in life. All that matters is that he is a good person and makes good decisions off the field.

Ardmore_Sooner
12/14/2005, 04:17 PM
Murray down to two

It's now between us and SUC

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=491186

That link does you no good if you don't have a memebership.

OUGreg723
12/14/2005, 04:29 PM
Man I really hope we get this guy. Ryan better be on the phone with his buddy ALOT!! Did'nt Murray camp at OU?? I thought he wanted to go to OU from the beginning. Dang USC...I hate them. I hope he can see the extremely bright future of OU football. He is sure to be on some very good teams in the near future if he chooses OU. SC is the program that may be rebuilding next year! Not OU! And even with AD, he should know that if you earn it you will see a good amount of PT no matter how old you are at OU. COME TO NORMAN DeMarco!!!

sitzpinkler
12/14/2005, 05:07 PM
That link does you no good if you don't have a memebership.

I know that, I don't have one either

I just figured people on here knew that site well enough to find Murray's profile and to list his favorites

sooner13f
12/14/2005, 06:09 PM
OU and USC...Florida is OUT!

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/14/2005, 06:16 PM
This could be good..... Or bad

Captain obvious huh ;)

JohnnyMack
12/14/2005, 06:53 PM
With Bush and White gone and Peterson returning, I wonder if we stand a chance?

BASSooner
12/14/2005, 07:05 PM
With Bush and White gone and Peterson returning, I wonder if we stand a chance?
I think we do. Their are about 8 different running backs that have USC as their number 1 school to go to. One all purpose back surpassed Demarco not too long ago and he's really wanting to go to USC.

NickZeppelin
12/14/2005, 07:23 PM
White will be back at USC.

Harry Beanbag
12/14/2005, 07:26 PM
USC is now recruiting him as a cornerback, so I would have to say OU is probably the favorite right now.

jreed13
12/14/2005, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I hope OU uses him just like ronnie brown next year. How tight would it be to have AD and murray in the same backfield. You could even have murray run out to the slot. Or pull a shula and once we break the huddle, have bomar run out to the slot and line up murray under center and run the option :D :D :D The possibilities are endless.

BASSooner
12/14/2005, 07:49 PM
USC is now recruiting him as a cornerback, so I would have to say OU is probably the favorite right now.
OOOOO ok, well then he's a sooner.

OUGreg723
12/14/2005, 08:22 PM
Hey guys let's not forget about Patrick and Gute. They are not gonna give up their spots to some freshman, no matter who they are that easily. Both of those guys are gonna be twice as good as they were this year, and that is saying alot. If we do get Demarco, he will play next year, but not alot. Unless he is just unstoppable, which is very possible. Maybe I'm wronge. We need Murray though, regaurdless of how much PT he gets next year. What I am excited about is the possibility of Chris brown and Demarco Murray in one backfeild. Now that is what I call NASTY.

jreed13
12/14/2005, 08:23 PM
Murray > Patrick > Gute imho

Widescreen
12/14/2005, 09:04 PM
Murray > Patrick > Gute imho
That's a pretty bold claim regarding a guy who's never taken a D-1 snap. I no longer drink the recruiting koolaid. Let the kid get on campus and prove it before we start saying how much better he is than current players.

TripleOption14
12/14/2005, 09:37 PM
If we do get Murray i think Patrick needs to go back to DB! If he can do all of those great moves at RB imagine what he could do after he gets the INT!! :eek: With Brown, Murray, and Gutes that should be good enough to get AD some rest. We REALLY could us him in the defensive backfield imo. I don't think Walker's body is gonna hold up to the D1 level. DJ Wolfe will continue to get better but who is gonna be the other corner?

jreed13
12/14/2005, 11:38 PM
That's a pretty bold claim regarding a guy who's never taken a D-1 snap. I no longer drink the recruiting koolaid. Let the kid get on campus and prove it before we start saying how much better he is than current players.

I bet you were one of the ones who thought that AD wasn't going to be as good as Kejuan Jones ;)

jreed13
12/14/2005, 11:39 PM
If we do get Murray i think Patrick needs to go back to DB! If he can do all of those great moves at RB imagine what he could do after he gets the INT!! :eek: With Brown, Murray, and Gutes that should be good enough to get AD some rest. We REALLY could us him in the defensive backfield imo. I don't think Walker's body is gonna hold up to the D1 level. DJ Wolfe will continue to get better but who is gonna be the other corner?

Not patrick. Hes a safety. I can't recall his name but we got another good cb out of texas last year. I expect him to get playing time n ext year.

Widescreen
12/14/2005, 11:49 PM
I bet you were one of the ones who thought that AD wasn't going to be as good as Kejuan Jones ;)
I'm still not convinced. :eek: ;)

Trevahoma
12/15/2005, 12:14 AM
Not patrick. Hes a safety. I can't recall his name but we got another good cb out of texas last year. I expect him to get playing time next year.

That guy you're referring to is Brian Jackson...good size and good speed.

Scott D
12/15/2005, 01:20 AM
That guy you're referring to is Brian Jackson...good size and good speed.

Brian Jackson is a safety...no way you can convince me he's a corner...no matter what the Sooner roster says.

TripleOption14
12/15/2005, 06:58 AM
Looks like this is gonna be quite the situation; which was my point in bringing it up. Maybe they can move reggie smith to CB and fill his old spot w/ A.P. Who knows but it should be reallll interesting to see how it unfolds.

RedStripe
12/15/2005, 03:20 PM
Brian Jackson is a safety...no way you can convince me he's a corner...no matter what the Sooner roster says.

what about jkm's roster?

jreed13
12/15/2005, 05:46 PM
I think Jackson is too small to be a safety. Jonathan Nelson looks like he could contribute as a true freshman.

Mjcpr
12/22/2005, 08:21 PM
On OUInsider...the Hot News at the top of the page where it gives teasers on recruiting it says DeMarco Murray - That's It!

I assume if he's made a decison, it would all over the place by now but if I were to guess (not having premium access), he's tired of recruiting? Maybe?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/22/2005, 09:20 PM
i have him at corner because that is the position they say he's playing. when you watch his film, he's just another typical OU corner recruit - a safety that doesn't fit our defense.

too small? how big do you think reggie smith is?

jreed13
12/22/2005, 11:01 PM
i
too small? how big do you think reggie smith is?

An inch taller :D

Scott D
12/23/2005, 12:20 AM
I think Jackson is too small to be a safety. Jonathan Nelson looks like he could contribute as a true freshman.

more importantly, how big do you think Pro-Bowler Bob Sanders of the Colts is?

The Consumate Showman
1/5/2006, 04:36 PM
anything new on Murray or the Symonette kid???

jreed13
1/5/2006, 04:42 PM
Nothing new on Murray and i dont think we have a shot at symonette

RedStripe
1/5/2006, 05:36 PM
look for Murray to commit to the good guys on Saturday.

westcoast_sooner
1/5/2006, 06:01 PM
look for Murray to commit to the good guys on Saturday.

I hope so. I really want to see him in Crimson and Cream.

The Consumate Showman
1/5/2006, 07:39 PM
Isn't Symonette ranked unusually low for a guy his size and strength.....one might think a 6' 9" guy would be a number 1 or 2 ranked OL....I think were doing great with Bailey and Moore....

OU_Sooners75
1/6/2006, 03:25 AM
Isn't Symonette ranked unusually low for a guy his size and strength.....one might think a 6' 9" guy would be a number 1 or 2 ranked OL....I think were doing great with Bailey and Moore....

It has nothing to do with the size...it has all to do with what the publications think are....(no order)

the recruits future NFL status...
ability
skill level
competition level
and over all athleticism.

at least that is my thoughts on it.

jreed13
1/6/2006, 11:15 AM

symonette didnt start playing football until his senior year in high school. he is unbelievably raw for someone his size

The Consumate Showman
1/6/2006, 11:33 AM
symonette didnt start playing football until his senior year in college. he is unbelievably raw for someone his size

I'll say one thing for him, he may be huge and have a great upsie if he puts in the work needed, but man that kid is weird looking!:eek: He looks like a giant alien.....wow.

Widescreen
1/6/2006, 11:40 AM
symonette didnt start playing football until his senior year in college. he is unbelievably raw for someone his size
So he doesn't have any eligibility left? Why are we recruiting him?

;)

NickZeppelin
1/6/2006, 03:10 PM
Word out of San Antonio is that Murray is a Sooner!

BASSooner
1/6/2006, 03:15 PM
and where did u hear it from?

BillyBall
1/6/2006, 03:16 PM
Word out of San Antonio is that Murray is a Sooner!

link?????

NickZeppelin
1/6/2006, 03:21 PM
http://mb22.scout.com/fouinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=124056.topic

I also got a phone call from someone in San Antoinio for the game.

critical_phil
1/6/2006, 03:23 PM
NZ's got people in san antonio?

good enough for me.................

BillyBall
1/6/2006, 03:23 PM
I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to know for sure but thanks Nick....

CatfishSooner
1/6/2006, 03:47 PM
But he heard from one of his peeps who heard from a friend of a friend!!!! It's a done deal I say!

BillyBall
1/6/2006, 04:30 PM
Rumor: Running back DeMarco Murray is pretty much already committed to Oklahoma.

True. This one isn't really a great secret. Murray has been on board for a little while now and will make it public Saturday.

Per Mike Farrell of Rivals

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=498247

OUGreg723
1/6/2006, 06:11 PM
Per Mike Farrell of Rivals

SNAPPP!! thanks!:D

BASSooner
1/6/2006, 06:21 PM
Well that will be pretty cool having a reggie bush-type back behind AD

BillyBall
1/6/2006, 06:30 PM
OU was in town with two coaches on Thursday to watch five-star Oklahoma City (Okla.) Southeast defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and five-star Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman running back Demarco Murray. Both Murray and McCoy are considered strong leans towards Oklahoma at this point.

The Sooners were also at practice to check up on a pair of their commits—Ada (Okla.) offensive lineman Chad Roark and Irving (Texas) wide receiver Adron Tennell. Both players have looked strong throughout practice this week.

Also from Rivals....

http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=498328

OUGreg723
1/6/2006, 06:39 PM
OH BOMB!! THis is really looking good!!

BASSooner
1/6/2006, 06:48 PM
this is exciting:D

jdsooner
1/6/2006, 06:52 PM
Rivals also says that there is a rumor that Murray is pretty much already committed to OU. Supposedly, it is not a secret and he will make that public tomorrow

jreed13
1/6/2006, 07:03 PM
So he doesn't have any eligibility left? Why are we recruiting him?

;)

I feel very :dolemite:

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/6/2006, 07:53 PM
I had to get post 100 in here

This thread makes me happy

:edit: post 101 :(

jccouger
1/6/2006, 09:11 PM
^^atleast you got top of the page, if that makes you feel any better :)

Anyway, this is good news. But this news also made me relize something, we are only gonna have AD for one more year. :(

CatfishSooner
1/6/2006, 10:08 PM
AD told me(we are realllly good friends) he was staying for 4 no matter what...

OUGreg723
1/6/2006, 10:12 PM

Please tell me your serious.....I want to believe you!!!:eek:

The Consumate Showman
1/6/2006, 10:29 PM

I would have to say that after watching AD this season, he NEEDS to stay until his senior year. I really don't think he is quite ready for the draft...unless he has just an amazing season next year and we are either in the NC game or close and he is a top 3 heisman, I don't think he will be ready.....

OUGreg723
1/6/2006, 11:27 PM
Also from Rivals....

http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=498328

http://forumspile.com/That-Is-Excellent.jpg

Widescreen
1/6/2006, 11:34 PM
If that's true, it will make jkm sad in his pants.

jccouger
1/6/2006, 11:37 PM
AD wont stay. Ecspecially after his health problems this year. I see no reason to stay and risk a injury when you can be a top pick next year.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 03:03 AM
AD wont stay. Ecspecially after his health problems this year. I see no reason to stay and risk a injury when you can be a top pick next year.

Why not? after this year, there is a salary cap on the draft....so it isnt like he will be making 11 million a year when he gets drafted.

Also, with these injuries, it may also make him a lower draft prospect....I wouldnt be surprised if he stays....or if he goes.

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 03:12 AM

What you have to realize is this: when AD does go to the pros, he is going to be faced with a much bigger, faster, stronger, hard-hitting, and relentless type of defenses in the pros than in college football. He COULD take his senior season as a year to completely prep himself for the NFL. Also, if you haven't realized this, it will be AD's first spring this season to actually workout and participate fully in practices and scrimmages....I would like to think any NFL prospect would need to endure a couple of spring workouts first....plus, it would be nice to have him back with Murray in the backfield with him....maybe OU could complete a back to back BCS b-4 anyone else?????

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 03:26 AM
Why not? after this year, there is a salary cap on the draft....so it isnt like he will be making 11 million a year when he gets drafted.

Also, with these injuries, it may also make him a lower draft prospect....I wouldnt be surprised if he stays....or if he goes.

What's the cap gonna be set at?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 03:36 AM
If that's true, it will make jkm sad in his pants.

that you guys are doing a neg spek jihad on a friend of petersons?:confused:

BillyBall
1/7/2006, 09:45 AM
From the Oklahoman....

http://newsok.com/article/1726840/

I guess this really is a done deal. I watched the 9 or so highlight films that are on Rivals last night and I was REALLY impressed. Granted the talent level in Nevada is not that great but the highlights are amazing. His hands, vision, and quickness really stood out. He looks to be a perfect fit for a spread offense.

Widescreen
1/7/2006, 12:34 PM
that you guys are doing a neg spek jihad on a friend of petersons?:confused:
Nah. Just a reference to your comment that OU would be better offensively after AD is gone.

CatfishSooner
1/7/2006, 12:44 PM
Hopefully we really do get him....maybe we'll move Madu to DB..?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2006, 01:05 PM
Nah. Just a reference to your comment that OU would be better offensively after AD is gone.

well, his 4th year we'll probably have a good enough OL to hide some of deficiencies in the spread.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2006, 02:39 PM
What's the cap gonna be set at?

Am not exactly postitive...Ill find out for ya and let ya know.

SoonerShark
1/7/2006, 04:09 PM
Murray to the Sooners!

SoonerShark
1/7/2006, 04:10 PM
He picked up the usc hat, then placed it down, putting on the Sooner hat at the Army All-Star game.

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 10:03 PM
Finally, OU gets what seems to be a REAL legit APB.......him and AD lined up on either side of Bomar with Kelly and Iglesias split out, hmmmm...

BASSooner
1/7/2006, 10:08 PM
Finally, OU gets what seems to be a REAL legit APB.......him and AD lined up on either side of Bomar with Kelly and Iglesias split out, hmmmm...
+kevin wilson=explosive offensive

The Consumate Showman
1/7/2006, 10:14 PM
+kevin wilson=explosive offensive

If there is a God, please let it be and allow us to annihilate the shortwhorns next October.....

OUGreg723
1/8/2006, 01:02 AM
Amen!

BillyBall
1/19/2006, 10:24 AM
Demarco Murray dropped from a 5 star to a 4 star on Rivals. Lets cut his scholly....

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2006, 10:26 AM
Yeah, he flat out sucked on those 2 plays he was in on during the Army All-Star game. :rolleyes:

The recruiting ratings games is such a joke.

BillyBall
1/19/2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah, he flat out sucked on those 2 plays he was in on during the Army All-Star game. :rolleyes:

The recruiting ratings games is such a joke.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Harry Beanbag again.

Desert Sapper
1/19/2006, 12:40 PM
Oh no, he must not be as good as he looks on the film they have of him. I think they just realized that the whole state of NV is slower than the rest of the country. We need another 5-star so they can all say that we got a "top-10" class. :rolleyes: Gerald McCoy, where you at, dawg?