PDA

View Full Version : Rock Star: INXS

Cam
7/26/2005, 09:41 PM
I'm diggin this show.

Even if Ty doesn't win, he's going to be a star. Dude has some serious pipes.

If I had a band that was looking for a lead singer, I'd take him in a heart beat.

Sooner_Bob
7/26/2005, 10:17 PM
I've kinda gotten hooked on it as well.

Of course, Brooke Burke ain't hurtin' things. :D

Jimminy Crimson
7/26/2005, 10:30 PM
Of course, Brooke Burke ain't hurtin' things. :D

Thats what you think... Damn near poked my eye out! :mad:

Ike
7/26/2005, 10:49 PM
apparently one of the dudes on this show is a good friend of one of my friends up here. I havent watched it, and I forget what he said the dudes name was, but the dude is from somewhere in Michigan...

Cam
7/27/2005, 08:22 PM
The dude from MI is Brandon. He's from Beaverton.

Two of the chicks are going home tonight.

Usually it's just one.

Sooner_Bob
7/27/2005, 08:23 PM
looks like two of them are . . .

AllAboutThe'O'
7/27/2005, 08:30 PM
It doesn't matter who wins, he or she won't fill the shoes left behind by Michael Hutchence. An INXS without Hutchence is like, I don't know, a U2 without Bono.

Sooner_Bob
7/27/2005, 08:33 PM
It doesn't matter who wins, he or she won't fill the shoes left behind by Michael Hutchence. An INXS without Hutchence is like, I don't know, a U2 without Bono.

Hmmm, Hutchence vs. Bono . . . shouldn't this be a pole?

Ike
7/27/2005, 10:50 PM
The dude from MI is Brandon. He's from Beaverton.

Two of the chicks are going home tonight.

Usually it's just one.
thats the one. Beaverton sounds like the place my buddy mentioned he was from.

still havent seen it though.

Taxman71
7/28/2005, 06:52 AM
I thought the mechanic from that show "Wings" did a decent job with Nirvana's "Lithium". Pretty much all the women singers are succ.

mrowl
7/28/2005, 06:57 AM
that Ty guy has some pipes, but his stage performances suck. looks like he rehearses everything he does on stage before a show.... he won't last longer than another few weeks.

And since when is INXS a rock band??? lol.... POP, yes.

KC//CRIMSON
7/28/2005, 09:58 AM
In other related news... :D

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1087730,00.html

Taxman71
7/28/2005, 10:32 AM
In other related news... :D

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1087730,00.html

Bad career move on her part. Age 33 and 2 kids, she is just reaching her prime plastic surgery years...

sooneron
7/28/2005, 11:11 AM
I still think the squirt JD wins or that Mig guy. Ty won't win. He's too much of a solo type- poseur. Even when he's "rocking out" to the other contestants, he looks rehearsed.
The guy from MI needs to be next, this aint the try outs for Creedence ya ****ing hippie!

Mrowl- I digress, I think they are/were alt-pop, something with a little more heft than JUST pop.

BigRedJed
7/28/2005, 11:15 AM
Heh. "Beaverton."

Viking Kitten
7/28/2005, 11:26 AM
I still think the squirt JD wins or that Mig guy. Ty won't win. He's too much of a solo type- poseur. Even when he's "rocking out" to the other contestants, he looks rehearsed.
The guy from MI needs to be next, this aint the try outs for Creedence ya ****ing hippie!

Mrowl- I digress, I think they are/were alt-pop, something with a little more heft than JUST pop.

JD and Mig are both extremely talented, but I think Mig wins it. He just seems the most right for INXS. He's even Australian for crying out loud. Plus JD's just kind of a *********, even if he is talented and hot. The band members will undoubtedly notice this.

Jordis is a great singer and also deserves a bustling solo career. I just can't see INXS with a female lead singer though.

They shoulda booted that stripper wannabe Jessica off with the other two chicks last night.

KC//CRIMSON
7/28/2005, 11:30 AM
JD needs a throat punching. No way in hell he wins it.

sooneron
7/28/2005, 11:31 AM
JD and Mig are both extremely talented, but I think Mig wins it. He just seems the most right for INXS. He's even Australian for crying out loud. Plus JD's just kind of a *********, even if he is talented and hot. The band members will undoubtedly notice this.

Jordis is a great singer and also deserves a bustling solo career. I just can't see INXS with a female lead singer though.

They shoulda booted that stripper wannabe Jessica off with the other two chicks last night.
I think Mig is British - eh same thing! Just more uptight.
I think they should have booted the skank that was freaking out and crying so much. I hate herrrrrr

I don't watch reality stuff and was very pessimistic when I heard of this premise. I was a really big INXS fan in the day that didn't help with the pessimism. This will surely keep them out of the HOF.
Thew band is going to have to figure out who has more charisma, Mid or JD.
On another sell out note- Navarro is totally gone- like metallica/selloutica!

Viking Kitten
7/28/2005, 11:36 AM
http://www.rockstar.msn.com/rockers/mig]

Born in the Phillipines, Raised in Sydney

So suck it. ;)

sooneron
7/28/2005, 11:40 AM
I got an error message so you can suck it!

heh

Viking Kitten
7/28/2005, 11:41 AM
IBTD by the way...

"D" of course being for Dean to inform us what pathetic losers we are for watching reality TV.

I bet if Geddy Lee died of autoerotic asphxiation and somebody came up with "Rock Star: Rush" he'd watch it too.

Viking Kitten
7/28/2005, 11:42 AM
I got an error message so you can suck it!

heh

Dude, it was there a minute ago, I swear.

sooneron
7/28/2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah I was waiting for Dean, as well. Maybe we should turn the subject to rice burners and how mine is faster than yours!

KC//CRIMSON
8/3/2005, 07:37 PM
Maybe tonight they'll just axe everyone except Jordis, Marty, Mig, and the freak J.D.

Get rid of the other's all ready.... :mad:

:D

Sooner_Bob
8/3/2005, 08:11 PM
Once again . . . Brooke is lookin' fine.

critical_phil
8/3/2005, 08:52 PM
An INXS without Hutchence is like, I don't know, a U2 without Bono.nothing would change.

they'd still be the worst rhythm section in the world......

(and GO TY!)

sooneron
8/24/2005, 08:38 PM
Ty succs .
Is anyone else sticking with this show?

I repeat my sentiment about Navarro. He is slowly becoming some loungey talent show MC.
There would be "benefits" to keeping Deanna around.

Viking Kitten
8/24/2005, 08:41 PM
Deanna?

I'm not dumb but I can't understand why she walks like a woman and talks like a man...

sooneron
8/24/2005, 08:44 PM
She is built fer speed.

Marty?????

sooneron
8/24/2005, 08:44 PM
They need to dump the 4 non blondes chick and the crier!

Well, Marty just sucked "Don't Change" up real good!

Cam
8/24/2005, 08:50 PM
Marty just freaking nailed it tonight. I have no clue why Jordis wasn't in the bottom 3.

My money's on Deanna leaving.

JD needs to have his own band. That's the only way his ego will survive.

I think it's Marty's gig to lose at this point.

sooneron
8/24/2005, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't count out Mig.

and Deanna is gone.

sooneron
8/24/2005, 08:54 PM
Marty just freaking nailed it tonight. I have no clue why Jordis wasn't in the bottom 3.

I disagree about Marty tonight. He f'd up bad on the high note at the end of the song.

Cam
8/24/2005, 09:01 PM
I disagree about Marty tonight. He f'd up bad on the high note at the end of the song.Of the ones whove sung and INXS song, he has far and away been the best. It's not even close.

sooneron
8/24/2005, 09:02 PM
That, I will give you. I still can't wait to see them wave bye bye to Ty and his posing crap. He belongs in Vegas or something.

mrowl
8/25/2005, 06:14 AM
Ty should have gone home last night... since when does an INXS song have a blues singer?

RacerX
8/25/2005, 06:47 AM
Since when does an INXS song have chick singers.

This whole thing is sad.

sooneron
8/25/2005, 08:13 AM
Since when does an INXS song have chick singers.

This whole thing is sad.
They're keeping Ty and the remaining girls around for posterity, to show that they are giving them a chance.

sooneron
9/6/2005, 07:45 PM
I was right, altho I missed last week's shows. 75 minutes ...

mrowl
9/20/2005, 07:49 PM
I would put spek points on Mig winning after tonight if there was a bet for it...

Cam
9/20/2005, 08:37 PM
I would place Mig in 3rd right now. I probably would've booted him off before Suzy.

sooneron
9/20/2005, 09:19 PM
Fitting that he did Bohemian Rhapsody...

sooneron
9/20/2005, 09:32 PM
Mig = gone

Cam
9/20/2005, 09:33 PM
Looks like it's between Marty & JD.

Gotta perform with the band now.

It's still Marty for me, but I'm probably not quite the demographic they're going for.

sooneron
9/20/2005, 09:38 PM
I'll reserve my opinion until after hearing them sing with the band. I still give slight edge to JD, due to being more in Hutchence's pitch.

Cam
9/20/2005, 09:45 PM
Yep. It just depends on which direction they want to go in. Are they comfortable enough to quasi reinvent themselves, or are they going to stick with was was good to them in the past?

Marty might just be too much of a nut job for them.

sooneron
9/20/2005, 09:48 PM
And JD may be too much of a butthead.
JD's vocals were not so strong at times on What you Need. He cracked a bit. Whereas, Marty did only once to my recollection.
I call it a toss up.

sooneron
9/20/2005, 09:51 PM
Must kill Dave N. .......

Cam
9/20/2005, 09:51 PM
Was it me or did JD mess up the lyrics at the end of what you need?

sooneron
9/20/2005, 09:53 PM
I think he did. Pretty class giving Marty a slot on their tour as an opening act.

Cam
9/20/2005, 09:53 PM
JD got it. That's a total bummer for me.

They want Marty to open up for them on tour, so that's cool. Leaves the door open if JD's attitude gets to be too much.

sooneron
9/20/2005, 09:56 PM
They can't get the new cd out sooner??
They'll be lucky to hit gold in the US. Gotta strike while hot.

sooneron
9/20/2005, 10:00 PM
And 50 bucks says they go out and get JD drunk then give him a filthy sanchez when he's passed out!

Cam
9/20/2005, 10:02 PM
It'd be fun to know what the vote count was. There's no way that all of them wanted JD. The bassist looked to be pulling for Marty for the last 3-4 weeks.

sooneron
9/20/2005, 10:05 PM
JD- Tim "little talent" Farriss, Jon Farriss, Kirk Pengilly
Marty - Andy "ewok" Farriss, Gary Gary Beers

Sooner_Bob
9/20/2005, 11:21 PM
I would've been happy if either JD or Marty got it . . . I figured JD had it in the bag already though.

I'd say the top 5 or so of those on the show will be fairly successful in the end.

picasso
9/20/2005, 11:44 PM
dumbasses picked the wrong guy. so much for that comeback.

Czar Soonerov
9/20/2005, 11:46 PM
tease me tease me? :confused:

Pieces Hit
9/21/2005, 08:48 AM
I picked JD weeks ago.
So nya.

picasso
9/21/2005, 08:51 AM
I picked JD weeks ago.
So nya.

he doesn't fit with the band IMO. perhaps they decided to go with a younger stage presence.

Pieces Hit
9/21/2005, 08:55 AM
he doesn't fit with the band IMO. perhaps they decided to go with a younger stage presence.On the contrary, I thought he sang their catalog better and had that Hutchence type of vibe going on. Best suited by far IMO.

He's still a bitch though.
(A rich one soon).

Marty was more Pearl Jammish.

picasso
9/21/2005, 09:09 AM
On the contrary, I thought he sang their catalog better and had that Hutchence type of vibe going on. Best suited by far IMO.

He's still a bitch though.
(A rich one soon).

Marty was more Pearl Jammish.

Hutchence 12 years ago perhaps. remember the dudes are in their 40's now. they barely moved around the stage.

he did sound a bit like Hutchence but I shant be rushing out to buy their newest work now.

sooneron
9/21/2005, 09:13 AM
he doesn't fit with the band IMO. perhaps they decided to go with a younger stage presence.
As opposed to the spastic Lollapalooza presence of Marty, who I believe is younger than JD?

The thing that bugged me about Marty most was that pseudo robot thing he'd do- stoopid.

Pieces Hit
9/21/2005, 09:13 AM
I shant be rushing out to buy their newest work now.Me neither.
I didn't buy their original stuff...

So, they said last night there would be a show NEXT SEASON.
WTF?

Pieces Hit
9/21/2005, 09:15 AM
Knowing that JD was an Elvis impersonator, I can't help but see the moves when he performs.
Kinda funny.
Chicks dig it though.

sooneron
9/21/2005, 09:18 AM
And that, my friends, has usually been INXS' demographic.

picasso
9/21/2005, 09:20 AM
As opposed to the spastic Lollapalooza presence of Marty, who I believe is younger than JD?

The thing that bugged me about Marty most was that pseudo robot thing he'd do- stoopid.

good point but I thought he mellowed out? by the way, last night was my first time to watch any of it, I just went off my gf's opinion.

and I have INXS entire collection. they got me through college.

Pieces Hit
9/21/2005, 09:23 AM
Hendrix, Zeppelin, Floyd, Beatles

got me thru college,

but I'm old.

sooneron
9/21/2005, 09:25 AM
I loved their music . I have most of their stuff up until Full Moon...

Marty did mellow, but he would still occaisionally do this robot thing when ever lyrics would be sort of choppy. If I were there, I prolly woulda launched a beer bottle at him.

He's got some talent, for sure. I can see him doing pretty well. His Trees song was pretty good. He needs a good producer and band to back him up.

picasso
9/21/2005, 09:27 AM
back in the college days, if I heard an INXS tune it was quite hard to fight the urge to open a beer and invite the neighborhood over.

sooneron
9/21/2005, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I really dug Listen Like Thieves (Soph year at OU) and Kick (Junior).
I still listen to Shabooh Shoobah as well.
The saddest thing is that The Swing was an excellent album pretty much ALL the way through- it just didn't have as much catchy stuff as the others.
Don't Change, however, will always be cranked when it comes on!

Pieces Hit
9/21/2005, 09:34 AM
Ty was pouting last night.

sooneron
9/21/2005, 09:54 AM
Ty was pouting last night.
That's his "look". He does the smokey eyes and pout thing. The only career that I can see for him is on Battle of the reality tv stars.
I don't who told him that he should be the lead singer of INXS. I'd be willing to be a c note that he had heard of one song prior to the show.
He had never heard Everlong by Foo Fighters!!!! Yeah, he's a real rock and roller!

Pieces Hit
9/21/2005, 09:58 AM
That's his "look". He does the smokey eyes and pout thing. So does Jordis.
:cool:
She's okay but I wouldn't wanna marry her.

sooneron
9/21/2005, 10:03 AM
So does Jordis.
:cool:
She's okay but I wouldn't wanna marry her.
Jordis was another one that has talent and may end up making change as a singer, she was another square peg. She was more R&B and Her post-apocalyptic clothing style was the succ.

Pieces Hit
9/21/2005, 10:05 AM
I'm sure they all care what a bunch of Okies think about them... :)

sooneron
9/21/2005, 09:17 PM
... but Andy Farriss gave me a beer, once...

2Dogs
9/21/2005, 09:31 PM
That's his "look". He does the smokey eyes and pout thing. The only career that I can see for him is on Battle of the reality tv stars.
I don't who told him that he should be the lead singer of INXS. I'd be willing to be a c note that he had heard of one song prior to the show.
He had never heard Everlong by Foo Fighters!!!! Yeah, he's a real rock and roller!

I Think I saw him on a poster in vegas this weekend. For a show called "we will rock you"
playing at paris

critical_phil
3/7/2006, 11:55 AM
Jordis is a great singer and also deserves a bustling solo career.

there are quite a few songs from the show available on Y! music.

i am mesmerized by jordis' rendition of Baba O'Riley............

Rhino
3/7/2006, 12:08 PM
She's signed to Epic?

http://www.jordismusic.com/

ousoonerfan
3/7/2006, 12:16 PM
FWIW, INXS got me through high school (I have every album through Full Moon) and I thought the whole Rock Star thing was a joke. Until I bought the new album. Switch is an excellent album IMO.

KC//CRIMSON
3/7/2006, 02:36 PM
I saw INXS in concert last Wednesday, and I have to say the were A LOT better than I thought they were going to be. JD Fortune is a perfect fit for those guys, and that band is tight as hell. Waterproof.

Marty and Lovehammers? Terrible.