PDA

View Full Version : Nooooooooooooooooooo

jk the sooner fan
7/26/2005, 03:21 PM
ESPN announces that Joe Theisman will be joining Al Michaels in the booth for Monday Night Football....

i guess if i watch, it will be with the sound turned off......i absolutely loathe Joe Theisman as an announcer

GrapevineSooner
7/26/2005, 03:37 PM
I think that's not until next year.

Nonetheless, ESPN's execs prove they know how to annoy the sports populace like no other network.

Scott D
7/26/2005, 03:40 PM
yeah that's the 2006-2007 season.

MNF will be on ESPN by then anyway, so it won't matter. :D

jk the sooner fan
7/26/2005, 03:42 PM
i dont care what year it is......the cowboys will have to play before i'll endure having to listen to him

Blue
7/27/2005, 02:59 AM
Don't mind Theismann so much, it's the Patrick dude.

Dunn busts through with a three yard gain! He's incredible!

AllAboutThe'O'
7/27/2005, 01:23 PM
I think Mike Patrick got royally screwed in this deal. He may say "Holy Cow" more often than Harry Caray did in all his years with the Cubs, but I've always felt he's a solid play-by-play man. I wish they would have kept the Sunday Night Football team together for the new MNF.
Al Michaels is a legend, no doubt, but I think he's still living off the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team. His ego is just as big as Howard Cosell's was during his MNF heyday, but more low-key. Him and Madden weren't a great fit from the beginning and it's going to be a clash of wills between him and Theismann.
The only suspense now is who NBC's going to name as its play-by-play announcer for the new Sunday night package in 2006. Tom Hammond and Marv Albert appear to be the top candidates (Costas, BTW, will be the studio host).

AllAboutThe'O'
7/27/2005, 07:32 PM
Get some new guys. There are alot of solid baseball announcers all over America who, I'm sure, could pick up football easily. Oh, and Theismann = Asshat Domer Jerk
Hey isn't that how FOX promoted Joe "I'm in this business because of my daddy" Buck to become their lead NFL announcer after passing up far more deserving candidates?