PDA

View Full Version : I need my Larry Brown fix

AllAboutThe'O'
7/26/2005, 12:03 AM
I watched SportsCenter the other night and witnessed a shocking sight: No mention of Larry Brown. I almost fainted. Isn't the cardinal rule of SportsCenter you can't have a show without a full report on Larry Brown, Danica Patrick, Michelle Wie, Tiger Woods, the Yankees, Curt Schilling, Terrell Owens and Ricky Williams? And they dropped the ball by not doing a Larry Brown daily report.
So I've gotta stay tuned. Is Larry going to take the Knicks job or what? I need to know, so that life can return to normal.

tulsaoilerfan
7/26/2005, 04:47 PM
I watched SportsCenter the other night and witnessed a shocking sight: No mention of Larry Brown. I almost fainted. Isn't the cardinal rule of SportsCenter you can't have a show without a full report on Larry Brown, Danica Patrick, Michelle Wie, Tiger Woods, the Yankees, Curt Schilling, Terrell Owens and Ricky Williams? And they dropped the ball by not doing a Larry Brown daily report.
So I've gotta stay tuned. Is Larry going to take the Knicks job or what? I need to know, so that life can return to normal.
Word!!!! :D

Blue
7/27/2005, 02:56 AM
You might think me a geek, but last year me and a buddy (tired of hearing about Larry Brown) used Larry Brown in place of every noun possible.

ex: That's "Larry Brown."; F that "Larry Brown." That's all that and a bag of "Larry Brown." All b/c of Sportscenter. They got issues.

I'm gonna name my Bassett Hound Larry Brown......or Loritab.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/27/2005, 01:16 PM
At last check, Larry Brown has reportedly been offered the Knicks' job.
Don't be surprised two years from now if Larry gets his perpetual case of "happy feet" and takes over the Warriors or some other lost-cause team.

Scott D
7/27/2005, 04:13 PM
don't forget that Larry will try to get a sympathetic media by trying to make a team do everything possible to fire him...that's an important part that you can't miss there.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/27/2005, 07:29 PM
don't forget that Larry will try to get a sympathetic media by trying to make a team do everything possible to fire him...that's an important part that you can't miss there.
Scott D, how popular is Larry Brown in Detroit these days? Even though he gave them a title and was one game away from winning another.
BTW, Brown did accept the Knicks' job this evening.

Scott D
7/28/2005, 11:55 AM
Scott D, how popular is Larry Brown in Detroit these days? Even though he gave them a title and was one game away from winning another.
BTW, Brown did accept the Knicks' job this evening.

He might get some cheers when he's announced the first time the Knicks come to town...however I'd lay odds more on him being booed heartily. The people here will back Bill Davidson and Joe Dumars before they'd back Larry.