PDA

View Full Version : Hey, What's a vcard?

OU4LIFE
10/6/2003, 07:49 AM
it's in there under your options, says someone can download a vcard with your username and stuff in it?

n/a
10/6/2003, 07:50 AM
it's like a virtual business card that is used in MS Outlook.

OU4LIFE
10/6/2003, 07:53 AM
thanks man.

I am so NOT a techie. If I can't make it work with a hammer or a stick, then it's too sophisticated for me. I'm a caveman. :D

OklahomaTrombone
10/6/2003, 11:04 AM
I always thought a Vcard was something else....

OklahomaTrombone
10/6/2003, 11:05 AM
it's like a virtual business card that is used in MS Outlook.
Has someone already been baned?

crawfish
5/2/2006, 05:09 PM
bump.

Taxman71
5/2/2006, 05:31 PM

Most lose theirs at Falls Creek or junior prom.

chriscappel
5/2/2006, 05:46 PM

yes...me too!

Mjcpr
5/2/2006, 07:26 PM
I'm a caveman. :D

Back then, we didn't know the half of it.

:D

chriscappel
5/2/2006, 07:45 PM
well when a man and a women love each other they............

SicEmBaylor
5/2/2006, 07:54 PM
Most lose theirs at Falls Creek

You're not kidding...

Jimminy Crimson
5/2/2006, 11:04 PM
Poke fans lose theirs at FFA convention in the sheep barn.

:texan:

critical_phil
5/2/2006, 11:08 PM
so, you CAN have sex on it..........

olevetonahill
5/2/2006, 11:10 PM
I always thought it was what you needed to get a dose of penicillin for :eek:

49r
5/3/2006, 09:59 AM
vCard is a file format standard for personal data interchange, specifically electronic business cards. vCards are often attached to e-mail messages, but can be exchanged in other ways, such as on the World Wide Web. They can contain name and address information, phone numbers, URLs, logos, photographs, and even audio clips.
The vCard or Versitcard was originally proposed in 1995 by the Versit consortium, which consisted of Apple Computer, AT&T (later Lucent), IBM and Siemens. In December 1996 ownership of the format was handed over to the Internet Mail Consortium, a trade association for companies with an interest in Internet e-mail.
vCard is accompanied by a proposed standard for exchanging data about forthcoming appointments called vCalendar since superseded by iCalendar; the Internet Mail Consortium has issued a statement that it "hopes that all vCalendar developers take advantage of these new open standards and make their software compatible with both vCalendar 1.0 and iCalendar."
Version 2.1 of the vCard standard is widely supported by e-mail clients. Version 3.0 of the vCard format is an IETF standards-track proposal contained in RFCs 2425 and 2426. The commonly-used filename extension for vCards is .vcf.
A XML VCard format has been defined by the Jabber Software Foundation and is in use with technologies such as Jabber and Light-Weight Identity. hCard is a 1:1 representation of vCard in semantic XHTML. W3C has another XML based vCard specification called Representing vCard Objects in RDF/XML.
Sending vCards by bluetooth is one of the most broadly compatable but inelegant forms of placecasting.

You know, just for clarification... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vcard