PDA

View Full Version : Big XII Championship Game Opponent?

Snrfn4ever08
7/23/2005, 11:06 AM
So, now that we've kinda had our review of all the Big XII teams during the media days, I still have one question left. Who will be OU's next victim in the Big XII Championship Game? I think for the first time in my life, I believe that all 6 Big XII North teams have a chance at winning the division. I think the north seriously has to be the worst division in college football. No team seems to want to step up and take the division. Somehow, I don't understand why Colorado is the preseason favorite to win the North. Tell me what Colorado has that the other North teams don't. I think the North this year may be the closest thing possible in college football to a perfectly even playing field. My personal favorite is Iowa State. I thought Iowa State deserved to be in the CCG last year, and just couldn't believe that after everything they did to try to get there, they blew they're last game against Mizzou. If I had to pick a worst team in the North, I think I would have to pick Kansas State. Just look at how bad they were last year, and this season, they'll be without Darren Sproles. From what I hear Kansas is supposed to have a good defense and Nebraska is supposed to have an improved offense thanks to new quarterback Zac Taylor. I think Mizzou could win the division if Brad Smith decided to step it up a little bit more this year. This topic baffles me because I don't see how any division in college football could be this bad. Any opinions?

soonervegas
7/23/2005, 11:39 AM
I just can't bring myself to pick ISU. I am going to be a little different say that Callahan is actually going to do a good job this year, so I'll pick Nebraska. You are right though.....none of the 6 would SHOCK me.

Big 12 Championship Game: OU vs. Nebraska

It is about time.

GottaHavePride
7/23/2005, 12:45 PM
I think it'll be Kansas.

Jimminy Crimson
7/23/2005, 01:51 PM
I think it'll be Kansas.

ditto

soonerhubs
7/23/2005, 02:59 PM
Coach Mangino, Sooners former O-cordinator will lead the north this year. Kansas is my pick as well.

OUthunder
7/23/2005, 03:13 PM
K-State or NU. KU & ISU are chokers.

SoonerDood
7/23/2005, 03:18 PM
I would say Kansas, but they have a killer south schedule. @ Texas, @ Tech, OU @ KC. Kansas will probably be the best team, but won't make it. Mizzou and Iowa State play Baylor, so either of them.

Flagstaffsooner
7/23/2005, 03:23 PM
Mizzou or rape state.

RiddlerOK
7/23/2005, 04:04 PM
It's now or never for Missouri and Brad Smith. Should they falter, Iowa State might pick up the slack. :)

oumartin
7/23/2005, 04:11 PM
Kansas vs OU twice in Kansas City this year. Same outcomes.

101sooner
7/23/2005, 04:15 PM
KSU or CU.

If not them, then KU, ISU, MU and NU in that order.

MITSooner
7/23/2005, 04:19 PM
It's like trying to pick the winner of a peewee football league...

If I had money I'd probably place it on Mizzou

JR Ewing
7/23/2005, 05:57 PM
Why pick Kansas when they will likely lose all 3 south games. Thats only allowing them to lose 1 north game to make it. CU last year went 4-4 and made it. Look for the team with the easiest south schedule to make it. Hmmmm, so who plays Baylor?

shavedmarmoset
7/23/2005, 09:23 PM
Somehow, I don't understand why Colorado is the preseason favorite to win the North. Tell me what Colorado has that the other North teams don't.

well they have some pretty good linebackers and joel klatt is an adequate qb.

Snrfn4ever08
7/23/2005, 09:45 PM
well they have some pretty good linebackers and joel klatt is an adequate qb.

I think there's a team with a better qb. That's K-State. They're QB played much better against us than Joel Klatt did, and for the linebackers, I think Kansas has them beat, so, in the end, I don't think either one of these things turns out to be an advantage for Colorado. I really don't think it does any good to try to hand an advantage to any team, seeing that everything between the North teams seems to balance out.

OUthunder
7/23/2005, 10:00 PM
I really wish that the TWO BEST TEAMS in the conference were rewarded instead of having to pick a victim from the north each year now. The five best teams in the conference are from the south anyway.

I'd love to see OU-UT again for all the marbles.

Snrfn4ever08
7/23/2005, 10:14 PM
I really wish that the TWO BEST TEAMS in the conference were rewarded instead of having to pick a victim from the north each year now. The five best teams in the conference are from the south anyway.

I'd love to see OU-UT again for all the marbles.
I'm with you man. It's not the same as it is with pro sports where you have good teams in every division. As we all know, there are no good teams in the Big XII North. Shoot, maybe we should just eliminate the North altogether. We'd still have enough decent teams to be a BCS conference. It wouldn't be any different than it is now, either way, a South team makes the trip to the BCS bowl almost every year and almost definitely this year.

yermom
7/23/2005, 10:30 PM
CU seems to be the usual suspects... Brad Smith is a senior now, right?

i'd think it's between them and NU, they picked up a lot of talent

oumartin
7/23/2005, 10:37 PM
They are gonna go back to being a single division conference within the next couple years i bet. And they will either do away with the champ game is there is a playoff system or take the teams with the best records for the conference championsip game.

I think

yermom
7/23/2005, 10:58 PM
i'm not too thrilled about playing a team twice in one season

i'm nervous enough about playing Texass once a year

goodness, can you imagine trying to get tickets to a OU/Texas rematch in December?

swardboy
7/25/2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I'd say one of the teams in the North division......(prolly the Wildkitties)

sooneron
7/25/2005, 10:00 AM
KU or CU. I don't know why.

OUthunder
7/25/2005, 11:00 AM
i'm not too thrilled about playing a team twice in one season

i'm nervous enough about playing Texass once a year

goodness, can you imagine trying to get tickets to a OU/Texas rematch in December?

Yeah, but an OU-UT rematch would actually sell out Arrowhead or Reliant Stadium.

NormanPride
7/25/2005, 11:05 AM
An OU-UT rematch would sell out the entire city. They could sell tickets at a neighboring ball park and play the game on the jumbotron and it would sell out.

badassnole
7/26/2005, 12:30 AM
Texas is going to face Iowa State in Houston this year and of course the Horns are going to maul the Clones all over Reliant.

This is the Horn's year!

Then Texas will barely squeak by Virginia Tech and win the Rose Bowl and the national championship

SelmaBamaFan
7/26/2005, 04:09 AM
I'm not a Big XII guy, but I've heard that Kansas will probably field the best defense out of the North. Thats enough for me.

Kansas.

Sirus
7/26/2005, 07:38 AM
Texas is going to face Iowa State in Houston this year and of course the Horns are going to maul the Clones all over Reliant.

This is the Horn's year!

Then Texas will barely squeak by Virginia Tech and win the Rose Bowl and the national championship

Dude, I want you to come back and eat those words on OCT.8th after we dismantle McScrambles and his lapdogs too. F*cking troll.

TheGodfather889
7/26/2005, 03:00 PM
Colorado will be the repeat Big XII North Champs,then be the repeat losers in the Big XII Title game.

soonersam
7/27/2005, 12:14 PM
Acording to Sportscenter live from Lawrence this week... KU might be there....

Soonermagik
7/27/2005, 01:04 PM

This is the Horn's year!

I hate to break the news to ya but V-Tech is not going to the Rose Bowl nor is Texas.

If you are serious about your prediction tell me why Texas over Oklahoma. I mean all Oklahoma has to do is stack the box and force Young to beat them with his arm (That's not going to happen) I still think OU has better athletes,a better coaching staff, edge mentally.

Yes OU lost some really good players but Texas lost a few too. One thing you must remember OU won the 2000 NC game with hardly any NFL players.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/27/2005, 01:43 PM

This is the Horn's year!

Texas beating OU is about as likely as your Noles finally beating the CoCanes. Ain't gonna happen.
That said, I'm going on a limb and take the Jayhawks to represent the North. IF they can finally beat Nebraska. If not, it'll finally be a Sooner-Bugeater Big XII title game.

snp
7/27/2005, 05:32 PM
I'm glad that we all came to the same conclusion.

The north is freaking whacky.

yermom
7/27/2005, 05:48 PM
Again, I say our toughest away game will be KU in Arrowhead

i think TTech in Lubbock will be tougher

AllAboutThe'O'
7/27/2005, 07:40 PM
i think TTech in Lubbock will be tougher
Agreed. I fear Tech more than I do Texas.

yermom
7/27/2005, 07:55 PM
i wouldn't go that far... Texas just isn't really an away game

AllAboutThe'O'
7/27/2005, 08:06 PM
i wouldn't go that far... Texas just isn't really an away game
You're right, especially when they were the "alleged" home team two years ago and most of their faithful cleared out of the Cotton Bowl by halftime. :D
The visiting team's fans didn't go anywhere.

Snrfn4ever08
7/27/2005, 10:03 PM
Again, I say our toughest away game will be KU in Lawrence

this year, we don't play KU in Lawrence. We play KU as a neutral site at arrowhead stadium. God knows that we can probably pack as many, if not more, people in Arrowhead, so it isn't and won't feel like a real away game. I think that our toughest road test will be @ Texas Tech.

Mile High Sooner
7/28/2005, 06:48 PM
Well, if your playin' the odds.... the sports writers have nailed preseason pick every year in the North while only 50% successful in the South.
This year they've picked the Beefalows and Fexas. And that, considering the champion has alternated every year, means Lack Crown (kudos to whomever coin that moniker) is in for yet another disappointment.
However, since I believe the sportswriters, as a whole, are just a bunch of free food and drink schmoozers that only want to serve their own pin-headed agendas, and I don't subscribe to the superstition of the crown going back to the North in '05; I therefore throwout my WAG to ISU and OU in another Sooner blowout.

tummer
7/17/2006, 11:56 PM
Well, if your playin' the odds.... the sports writers have nailed preseason pick every year in the North while only 50% successful in the South.
This year they've picked the Beefalows and Fexas. And that, considering the champion has alternated every year, means Lack Crown (kudos to whomever coin that moniker) is in for yet another disappointment.

Good call by the media, actually...too bad you were >67 points off on the actual result of the game.

Turn your monitors around to bow down to THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.Hook 'em

Statalyzer
7/18/2006, 01:04 AM
Sirus didn't practice what he preached, did he?

SicEmBaylor
7/18/2006, 03:36 AM
Iowa State v. Baylor. The meek shall inherit the earth.

jackietreehorn
7/18/2006, 01:40 PM
oops

swardboy
7/18/2006, 02:23 PM
i'm not trying to take away from your point but sproles was gone last year too, and brad smith was a sr. last year so he's done stepping it up for mizzou. i pick neb though to win the north edging out ku.

Check the dates on the posts....

The Consumate Showman
7/18/2006, 03:39 PM
Mangino is gonna have a rough go of it this year with only 3 returning staters on that great D they had last year.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Nebbish will win the north and we will run rough shod over them in the CCG. Zach Taylor will get to meet the other two great DE's we're getting back this year.

Say hello to Bird and Big John Williams Mr. Taylor-Traitor...

jackietreehorn
7/18/2006, 05:46 PM
Check the dates on the posts....

wow...thanks, good call.

goingoneight
7/18/2006, 11:26 PM
I'll go as far as to say our team gets infected with the influenza virus for the entire first half of the season in 2005 and Hook 'em lucks OUt against a weak SUC defense in an all-offense MNC.

Right, I'm glad the whorns decided to bring up a year-old thread in order to attempt to make fun of OU. I'll bring my recorder OUt to the West End this year and listen to all of the smack about "academic standards" and "football tradition." For your listening pleasure, I'll put it all over the damn internet.

We haven't forgotten 45-12 against an unranked OU team. Have you forgotten 13-65 when we were actually ready for the biggest game of the regular season?

badger
7/18/2006, 11:44 PM
ou versus kansas. It's the only north school that does not:

1-call the state of Iowa it's home, or
2- have a new coach, or
3- have a ****** for a coach, or
4- have to remember how good Brad Smith was his freshman year.

goingoneight
7/18/2006, 11:47 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/greenchainsaw.gif

goingoneight
7/18/2006, 11:47 PM
sorry, just testing something...

Snrfn4ever08
7/19/2006, 10:40 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/greenchainsaw.gif
do you think you could get that with bevo on the receiving end?

Tear Down This Wall
7/19/2006, 01:40 PM
Nebraska, as it should be every year.

Snrfn4ever08
7/19/2006, 02:25 PM
i love how all of you guys are predicting opponents even though this thread was made a year ago.

goingoneight
7/19/2006, 09:29 PM
do you think you could get that with bevo on the receiving end?
No but I can use what I've got and do a lil' of this--

http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage20/12.gif Hook 'em http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage20/12.gif

You likes???

Snrfn4ever08
7/19/2006, 09:48 PM
No but I can use what I've got and do a lil' of this--

http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage20/12.gif Hook 'em http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage20/12.gif

You likes???
me likes :D