PDA

View Full Version : All-time OU team.

OUgradJeff
7/21/2005, 08:02 PM
Yes, it's summer & I'm bored. 1st & 2nd Team. Some players can fit into several positions so feel free to be creative.

Just a brief list of options to throw out:
PG- Ricky Grace
PG- Brent Price
PG- Terry Evans
G- Mookie Blaylock
SG- Corey Brewer
SG- Anthony Bowie
SG- Tim McCallister
SG- Hollis Price
G/F- Nate Erdmann
SF- Ryan Minor
SF- Skeeter Henry
F- Daryl Kennedy
PF- Waymon Tisdale
PF- Harvey Grant
PF- Eduardo Najera
PF- Jeff Webster
PF- Aaron McGhee
C- Alvin Adams
C- Stacey King
C- Brian Sallier

1st team:_____________________2nd Team:
PG- Mookie Blaylock_____________PG- Ricky Grace
SG- Hollis Price_________________SG- Tim McCallister
SF- Ryan Minor_________________SF- Nate Erdmann
PF- Waymon Tisdale_____________PF- Harvey Grant
C- Alvin Adams__________________C- Stacey King

Brasky7
7/21/2005, 08:44 PM
i don't know what he was, SG, SF or G/F but i remember Dave Sieger (sp?) filling it up from downtown when i was a lil fella...

Brasky7
7/21/2005, 08:52 PM
mine would go something like this:

1st Team

PG - Mookie Blaylock
SG - Brent Price
SF - Jeff Webster
PF - Waymon Tisdale
C - Stacey King

2nd Team

PG - Hollis Price/Tim McCalister
SG - Terry Evans/Dave Sieger
SF - Damon Patterson/Skeeter Henry
PF - Ryan Minor/Eduardo Najera
C - Alvan Adams/Darryl Kennedy

GottaHavePride
7/22/2005, 12:31 AM
mine would go something like this:

1st Team

PG - Mookie Blaylock
SG - Brent Price
SF - Jeff Webster
PF - Waymon Tisdale
C - Stacey King

2nd Team

PG - Hollis Price/Tim McCalister
SG - Terry Evans/Dave Sieger
SF - Damon Patterson/Skeeter Henry
PF - Ryan Minor/Eduardo Najera
C - Alvan Adams/Darryl Kennedy
Hollis wasn't a point guard, though. That was Quannas's spot.

Sooner04
7/22/2005, 09:06 AM
PG - Mookie Blaylock
SG - Lester Lane
F - Wayman Tisdale
F - Alvan Adams
C - Don Sidle

Stanley1
7/22/2005, 03:39 PM
I think you just about have to lock in Blaylock, Tisdale, and King. The rest, I'd say, depends how you want to play. If you are going to play Billy Ball, that lends to a certain type of player. If you are going to play more like Kelvin's teams, that may or may not include the same players.

Scott D
7/22/2005, 05:50 PM
I won't give you a team unless I can put both Tisdale and Grant on the forward line...and I'm glad to see no love for Prince Fowler ;)

Sooner24
7/22/2005, 10:10 PM
F- Harvey Grant - Harvey Grant was the straw that stirred the drink on that 87/88 team.

F- Waymon Tisdale - There is nothing that needs to be said about Waymon Tisdale.

G- Mookie Blaylock - Mookie Blaylock is my all time favorite Sooner. He was truly amazing to watch and once in the NBA improved his game every year he was in the league.

SG- Hollis Price - Hollis Price was the most clutch player I have ever seen at OU not to mention the biggest gamer with all the injuries he had.

C- Alvin Adams - Even though he was not a true center I will go with Alvin Adams by a whisker over Stacey King.

Sooner24
7/22/2005, 10:12 PM
Yes, it's summer & I'm bored. 1st & 2nd Team. Some players can fit into several positions so feel free to be creative.

Just a brief list of options to throw out:
PG- Ricky Grace
PG- Brent Price
PG- Terry Evans
G- Mookie Blaylock
SG- Corey Brewer
SG- Anthony Bowie
SG- Tim McCallister
SG- Hollis Price
G/F- Nate Erdmann
SF- Ryan Minor
SF- Skeeter Henry
F- Daryl Kennedy
PF- Waymon Tisdale
PF- Harvey Grant
PF- Eduardo Najera
PF- Jeff Webster
PF- Aaron McGhee
C- Alvin Adams
C- Stacey King
C- Brian Sallier

1st team:_____________________2nd Team:
PG- Mookie Blaylock_____________PG- Ricky Grace
SG- Hollis Price_________________SG- Tim McCallister
SF- Ryan Minor_________________SF- Nate Erdmann
PF- Waymon Tisdale_____________PF- Harvey Grant
C- Alvin Adams__________________C- Stacey King

I can't believe you left off Clifford Ray, Garfield Heard and Don Sidle but had Brian Sallier on the list!!! :eek:

Stanley1
7/23/2005, 11:31 AM
F- Harvey Grant - Harvey Grant was the straw that stirred the drink on that 87/88 team.

F- Waymon Tisdale - There is nothing that needs to be said about Waymon Tisdale.

G- Mookie Blaylock - Mookie Blaylock is my all time favorite Sooner. He was truly amazing to watch and once in the NBA improved his game every year he was in the league.

SG- Hollis Price - Hollis Price was the most clutch player I have ever seen at OU not to mention the biggest gamer with all the injuries he had.

C- Alvin Adams - Even though he was not a true center I will go with Alvin Adams by a whisker over Stacey King.

You cannot play a team that only has two ball handlers. Harvey CANNOT play the 3 spot in today's game. He simply can't.

Scott D
7/23/2005, 11:39 AM
You cannot play a team that only has two ball handlers. Harvey CANNOT play the 3 spot in today's game. He simply can't.

No, but Wayman could.....that was my point :)

Sooner24
7/23/2005, 11:47 AM
Some players can fit into several positions so feel free to be creative.

The man said be creative so I was. ;)

OUgradJeff
7/26/2005, 10:59 AM
I can't believe you left off Clifford Ray, Garfield Heard and Don Sidle but had Brian Sallier on the list!!! :eek:

Oops, I really did mean to include those guys. Each had very solid pro careers &were atleast all-conf types in college. I just got lazy only looking at rosters from mid '70s on.

Brasky7
7/28/2005, 08:37 PM
Some players can fit into several positions so feel free to be creative.

The man said be creative so I was. ;)

yeah, but don't get TOO CREATIVE... suggesting Hollis could play the point, is apparently WAY OVER the line... :rolleyes:

Sooner24
7/28/2005, 10:38 PM
yeah, but don't get TOO CREATIVE... suggesting Hollis could play the point, is apparently WAY OVER the line... :rolleyes:

Okay so I will move Hollis to center. ;)

OUgradJeff
7/28/2005, 10:48 PM

Um, Grant was a SF in the NBA. Hell, his last few years w/Portland, he spent a lot of time at SG. Are you sure you're not confusing him him his much bulkier twin Horace?

Paperclip
7/29/2005, 10:20 PM
No All-time team would be complete for me without Chucky Barnett. :)

stoopified
7/30/2005, 01:03 AM
f Minor-good shooter with range ,rebounder
f Adams-can shoot inside or out ,pass,rebound
C Tisdale- inside monster
g Blaylock Tough d, good passer, rebounder

g Evans - good playmaker, great shooter
2nd TEAM
f Najera- tough hombre
f Grant- smooth around the basket
c King- could rebound,shoot,block shots,when head is in the game
g Price,B.-smooth shooter, playmaker,deadly 3
gPrice,H. Haed noed kid,glue player, not great at anything but does everything

soonervegas
8/5/2005, 12:06 PM
PG - Mookie
SG - Hollis
PF - Wayman
C - Alvin Adams
SF - Choo Kennedy

Whoooo....I'm the 1st one to get it right. :)

Jay C. Upchurch
8/10/2005, 11:11 PM
First Team
G — Mookie Blaylock
G —*Hollis Price
C — Alvan Adams
F — Wayman Tisdale
F — Don Sidle

Second Team
G — Tim McCalister
G — Ricky Grace
C — Stacy King
F — Eduardo Najera
F — Choo Kennedy

Next Five: Corey Brewer, Ray Whitley, Aaron McGhee, Brent Price, Jeff Webster.

OUAndy1807
8/10/2005, 11:33 PM
G-Tim Heskett
G-Michael Cano
C-Oleg Reztsov
F-Matt Gipson
F-Waymon Tisdale

I think that we can all agree that this team would be the best. If only I could think of the name of that guard that transfered in for like 2 days a couple of years ago from Kentucky. I guess he'll have to be my 6th man.

King Crimson
8/11/2005, 01:46 AM
G-Tim Heskett
G-Michael Cano
C-Oleg Reztsov
F-Matt Gipson
F-Waymon Tisdale

I think that we can all agree that this team would be the best. If only I could think of the name of that guard that transfered in for like 2 days a couple of years ago from Kentucky. I guess he'll have to be my 6th man.

where's Drew Head or Ingram Purvis? and Timmy Heskett was a damn good 110% guy--helluva shooter until he broke his finger/hand.

UK T-Fer: Rashaad Carruth: recipient of KC's "Lou Moore" Award.

GDC
8/11/2005, 10:00 AM
I want Helicopter Bell on any all-OU team of mine.

sooneron
8/11/2005, 10:45 AM
Shawn Clark and his 45 inch vertical

No love for Bo Overton?

King Crimson
8/11/2005, 11:04 AM
some of you may remember a game at Nebraska where Overton hits the apparent game winner as time expires. it's waved off, and the bugeaters get the W.

he told me himself once on the practice tee at the Trails in Norman that it was one of biggest home cooking jobs ever.

Sooner24
8/11/2005, 05:30 PM
some of you may remember a game at Nebraska where Overton hits the apparent game winner as time expires. it's waved off, and the bugeaters get the W.

he told me himself once on the practice tee at the Trails in Norman that it was one of biggest home cooking jobs ever.

Who were you guys caddying for that day? ;)

Sooner04
8/12/2005, 08:36 AM

1980. It kinda put that team into a tailspin following their Big 8 title from the year before.

Definitely home cooking.

tulsaoilerfan
8/14/2005, 04:42 PM
Anyone remember David Little? Pretty good player for a couple of years after transferring from Tech, and he beat the Pukes in Stillwater in 82 or 83 with a buzzer beater.

John

Sooner24
8/14/2005, 04:58 PM
I always liked Little but I also remember how lead-footed David looked against Indina in the NCAA tournment that year. He got schooled several times.

Big Red Ron
8/17/2005, 06:22 AM
No love for Renzi Stone?