PDA

View Full Version : Tracking numbers

Boarder
7/20/2005, 11:47 AM
What is everyone's fascination with tracking numbers? I wish they were never invented. "Send me my tracking number, send me my tracking number!"

If you have your tracking number, you still don't have your package, so what good is it?

Have some patience. It'll get there when it gets there.

I do, of course, know the answer to this is that no one has any patience.

Sooner51
7/20/2005, 11:51 AM
I look at as a cya situation.

Recipient-"Where's my package, where's my package?"
Me (checking tracking #)- "You're secretary signed for it yesterday, thanks have a nice day".

colleyvillesooner
7/20/2005, 11:51 AM
:O
What is everyone's fascination with tracking numbers? I wish they were never invented. "Send me my tracking number, send me my tracking number!"

If you have your tracking number, you still don't have your package, so what good is it?

Where I work, all the packages come from China and Korea. I live and die by the tracking number.

Oh and Chinese Customs suck...

Boarder
7/20/2005, 11:52 AM
PATIENCE! PATIENCE PEOPLE!

And someone needs a better secretary.

Boarder
7/20/2005, 11:53 AM

What, you don't like the parades with the dragons and fireworks?

Mjcpr
7/20/2005, 11:54 AM
Word! I hate the one where you have to take your shoes off before going in the house. Stupid.

OUthunder
7/20/2005, 11:56 AM
I see it as proof that you shipped my package and didn't steal my money.

Pieces Hit
7/20/2005, 11:56 AM
http://www.crimelibrary.com/graphics/photos/notorious_murders/celebrity/carl_switzer/3-4-The-Defiant-Ones,-video.jpg

Cuz, like, "One" is a number and they were being tracked.
** Plus you are being Defiant against the system.

Veritas
7/20/2005, 12:01 PM
I see it as proof that you shipped my package and didn't steal my money.
Hehe. thunder said package.

King Crimson
7/20/2005, 12:03 PM
What, you don't like the parades with the dragons and fireworks?

that's pretty funny.

i agree though i ordered a laptop for a friend using my work discount and it came from Taiwan through Alaska and it was nice to know that it was actually en route....and that he hadn't just tossed 2 grand out the proverbial window.

colleyvillesooner
7/20/2005, 12:05 PM
Let me re-phrase...Chinese Customs Agents, you *** flutes.

Boarder
7/20/2005, 12:07 PM
If you're that worried about getting your merchandise, I wouldn't order in the first place.

Veritas
7/20/2005, 12:10 PM
Speaking of merchandise, my Poser Gym shirt is the shizneit.

Boarder
7/20/2005, 12:13 PM
Speaking of merchandise, my Poser Gym shirt is the shizneit.
Notice I didn't send you a tracking number. :D

OU4LIFE
7/20/2005, 12:33 PM

thanks to my tracking number, I know that the package I ordered and was being delivered UPS last Friday, is actually sitting in Hodgkins, Illinios.....since the 14th.

without that number i'd have had no way to notify UPS that they somehow LOST MY FREAKING PACKAGE IN ILLINIOS!.

Fedex also delivered a package that was addressed to me, to a house about 4 blocks away from mine, and the number or street they delivered it to wasn't even CLOSE to the same as mine.

stupid people.....I swear.

Boarder
7/20/2005, 12:38 PM
Yeah, but you're pretty close to Stoolwater. You're lucky to get anything delivered.

SoonerWood
7/20/2005, 12:38 PM
Come on man, they are giving you money, throw them a bone.

I see tracking numbers as a small inconvenience - and if it makes the customer happy, isn't that worth it?

OU4LIFE
7/20/2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah, but you're pretty close to Stoolwater. You're lucky to get anything delivered.

you're such a poser.

Boarder
7/20/2005, 12:41 PM
Come on man, they are giving you money, throw them a bone.

I see tracking numbers as a small inconvenience - and if it makes the customer happy, isn't that worth it?
I didn't mind so much with UPS software, but FedEx's is a royal pain. I HATE thier software. But, the rates are so much lower, it's a trade off I'm willing to make.

IB4OU2
7/20/2005, 12:49 PM
thanks to my tracking number, I know that the package I ordered and was being delivered UPS last Friday, is actually sitting in Hodgkins, Illinios.....since the 14th.

without that number i'd have had no way to notify UPS that they somehow LOST MY FREAKING PACKAGE IN ILLINIOS!.

Fedex also delivered a package that was addressed to me, to a house about 4 blocks away from mine, and the number or street they delivered it to wasn't even CLOSE to the same as mine.

stupid people.....I swear.\

Yes, the chocolate Bon-Bons were tasty........thanks buddy.....

RacerX
7/20/2005, 01:14 PM
It'll get there when it gets there - Poser Shipping

Yogi Berra, CEO

OU4LIFE
7/20/2005, 01:19 PM
Honey, does that look to you like the grass is dying there? Wierd, it almost looks like a big F U.

IB4OU2
7/20/2005, 01:21 PM
Honey, does that look to you like the grass is dying there? Wierd, it almost looks like a big F U.

:D

OUthunder
7/20/2005, 01:27 PM
Hehe. thunder said package.

Ohh ...I've got ya package riiight heeeere.
:D

Boarder
11/2/2007, 01:12 PM
I hate them more with each passing day.

Jimminy Crimson
11/2/2007, 01:20 PM
I hate them more with each passing day.

Or every couple of years... :cool:

OUDoc
11/2/2007, 01:27 PM
Funny that the 4th window on my screen right now is the FedEx tracking page. :)

sanantoniosooner
11/2/2007, 01:29 PM
My last package they didn't update the info until it was already in my zip code. It was annoying and then exciting.

OU4LIFE
11/2/2007, 01:31 PM
I had incredible patience while waiting for this thread to mature so SAS would post in it.

OUDoc
11/2/2007, 01:32 PM
USPS tracking goes from "no information" to "delivered" (after you already have it anyway).

sanantoniosooner
11/2/2007, 01:34 PM
I had incredible patience while waiting for this thread to mature so SAS would post in it.
You can stop wearing those fake tats now.

Boarder
11/2/2007, 01:58 PM
I just got through explaining to a guy that if had the tracking number he wouldn't have the item and it does no good and to have patience.

I was thisclose to saying I wanted tracking numbers to die in a fire but you never know when someone has a relative or friend who died in a fire so I didn't.

Boarder
11/2/2007, 01:59 PM
Funny that the 4th window on my screen right now is the FedEx tracking page. :)
You need to have the patience that you force your poor waiting room people to have.

Get your patients' patience! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

OU4LIFE
11/2/2007, 02:18 PM
You can stop wearing those fake tats now.

no way dude, I look 'hard' now..people take me srsly.

soonerbrat
11/2/2007, 03:44 PM
that reminds me, i need to check the status of my UPS delivery.

Boarder
11/2/2007, 03:53 PM
I hope it shows "Out for delivery" and then you wait like a crazy person by the window until midnight and then they don't show up until Monday evening. That will serve you right.

And by "you" I mean whoever, not just you. But hey, IF THE SHOE FITS!

soonerbrat
11/2/2007, 03:55 PM
i'm not expecting anything important. Just my bigxii championship game tickets.

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2007, 04:05 PM
:les: RESPECT THE JINX!!!

Boarder
11/2/2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah, and if you go just buy them there for $5 each.

soonerbrat
11/2/2007, 04:12 PM
probably, but i'm not paying, so it's all good :)

OUHOMER
11/4/2007, 06:23 PM

BOO, please for the love of GOD give them the tracking number. I am a carrier and i get so many calls everyday of folks trying to find there stuff.

ME: Hello greatest carrier in the world can I help you.

Them: Yes, i am expecting some stuff..
ME: Ok, do you have a tracking number?
Them: NO. Can't you just look into your computer and tell me?
ME: I can try, Where did it ship from
Them: I don't know
ME: OK, when did it ship exactly
Them: I don't know.
Me: do you know what service was requested
Them: No

ME: OK, you order something, you don't have a tracking number, you don't know when it shipped, you don't know where it shipped from, and you don't know the service level? Well, you will just have to go back to the shipper and get the TRACKING NUMBER.:mad:

Cam
11/4/2007, 06:54 PM
Why do shippers hate simple queries by name and destination zip code?

If your software can't look up anything without a tracking number, it's not the customers fault.

BOO, please for the love of GOD give them the tracking number. I am a carrier and i get so many calls everyday of folks trying to find there stuff.

ME: Hello greatest carrier in the world can I help you.

Them: Yes, i am expecting some stuff..
ME: Ok, do you have a tracking number?
Them: NO. Can't you just look into your computer and tell me?
ME: I can try, Where did it ship from
Them: I don't know
ME: OK, when did it ship exactly
Them: I don't know.
Me: do you know what service was requested
Them: No

ME: OK, you order something, you don't have a tracking number, you don't know when it shipped, you don't know where it shipped from, and you don't know the service level? Well, you will just have to go back to the shipper and get the TRACKING NUMBER.:mad:

OUHOMER
11/4/2007, 08:34 PM
Why do shippers hate simple queries by name and destination zip code?

If your software can't look up anything without a tracking number, it's not the customers fault.

Oh, we can but we need a little info. We have folks that will call with no info at all except. Its coming to B.Smith at zip 73065. But some times the filters wont pull up B.Smith, unless it is entered exactly as the input is entered. 9 times out of 10 i can locate it in the system.

But I can tell you if a customer or vendor at say Tinker or FAA called in looking it can get tough.

Yea this Bob at Tinker/Boeing/Raytheon I am looking for a shipment from Boeing.

But they wont know which Boeing it shipment from, they wont know exactly how its adressed to them, they wont know when it shipped.

Thats when it gets tough, I mean Boeing has few facility's around the country, hell they have a bunch in OKLA.

Cam
11/4/2007, 08:44 PM
Understand. It just cracks me up when I call UPS or Fed-Ex and give them thee exact delivery address and zip and they can't/won't find it. Makes no sense especially when the delivery's to residential address.

Oh, we can but we need a little info. We have folks that will call with no info at all except. Its coming to B.Smith at zip 73065. But some times the filters wont pull up B.Smith, unless it is entered exactly as the input is entered. 9 times out of 10 i can locate it in the system.

But I can tell you if a customer or vendor at say Tinker or FAA called in looking it can get tough.

Yea this Bob at Tinker/Boeing/Raytheon I am looking for a shipment from Boeing.

But they wont know which Boeing it shipment from, they wont know exactly how its adressed to them, they wont know when it shipped.

Thats when it gets tough, I mean Boeing has few facility's around the country, hell they have a bunch in OKLA.

Boarder
11/4/2007, 09:38 PM
How about this to you:

Hello, I just ordered something last night at 1 am. Can you tell me when I'll get it? Yes, I need to know. Why? I'm obsessive and have absolutely no patience.

You shouldn't be getting calls either. That's what I'm saying. People need to get some patience!

I've done a private study. It's running about 96% of the time when someone calls for a tracking number the item is either out for delivery or will be delivered tomorrow. People are just impatient.

Boarder
11/4/2007, 09:39 PM
By the way, if it's excessive, like 7 days or mre, I'll give it to them. it's the people who buy something and want to (for some unknown reason) sit at the computer and watch it go across the country that bugs me. It will get there, just wait and BE PATIENT!

soonerboomer93
11/4/2007, 09:44 PM
or you could just not worry about it, and get their e-mail address when taking the order. I know UPS software will send out the tracking number automatically if you put an e-mail address

proud gonzo
11/4/2007, 10:15 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/online_package_tracking.png

Cam
11/4/2007, 10:28 PM
You mean you don't put it on the truck as soon as you get the order? You bastard. :eek: ;)

I'm a little more patient than that.

How about this to you:

Hello, I just ordered something last night at 1 am. Can you tell me when I'll get it? Yes, I need to know. Why? I'm obsessive and have absolutely no patience.

You shouldn't be getting calls either. That's what I'm saying. People need to get some patience!

I've done a private study. It's running about 96% of the time when someone calls for a tracking number the item is either out for delivery or will be delivered tomorrow. People are just impatient.

Boarder
11/5/2007, 10:54 AM
or you could just not worry about it, and get their e-mail address when taking the order. I know UPS software will send out the tracking number automatically if you put an e-mail address
Yeah, you'd think that wouldn't you? When I used to put the e-mail address in there I'd still get calls and e-mails. Most of the time I'd tell them I did send it and to check the e-mail. About 75% of the time they'd say, "Oh yeah, I didn't check that". The rest of the time they didn't get it. It didn't help at all.

OU4LIFE
11/5/2007, 11:00 AM
Just get me my damn SPINNNNARRZZ!

OUDoc
11/5/2007, 11:06 AM
By the way, if it's excessive, like 7 days or mre, I'll give it to them. it's the people who buy something and want to (for some unknown reason) sit at the computer and watch it go across the country that bugs me. It will get there, just wait and BE PATIENT!
For some of us, that's our excitement for the week. Why do you hate boring people?

Boarder
11/5/2007, 11:35 AM
You know, every computer seems to come with Spider Solitare for free.