PDA

View Full Version : No wonder Roy W. bolted to Carolina

oumartin
7/15/2005, 04:09 PM
dude was committing NCAA violations at kansas.

Jimminy Crimson
7/15/2005, 05:26 PM
I like how the football and womens bball team are getting scholarship reductions, but the mens team (where major violations occured) is just getting some 'educational programs'. :rolleyes:

GrapevineSooner
7/15/2005, 06:13 PM
but the mens team (where major violations occured) is just getting some 'educational programs'.
Translation...

NCAA: You make a lot of money for us come tournament time, so here's a slap on the wrist. :rolleyes:

And the NCAA wonders why we think their rules enforcement is a f***ing joke.

SelmaBamaFan
7/15/2005, 06:50 PM
I guess I am too biased to reply to this thread right?

oops...

KABOOKIE
7/20/2005, 03:06 PM
Translation...

NCAA: You make a lot of money for us come tournament time, so here's a slap on the wrist. :rolleyes:

And the NCAA wonders why we think their rules enforcement is a f***ing joke.

Brought to you by the same group of commie thinking idgits that believe limiting the size of a Media Guide will level the playing field.

Dear NCAA, **** OFF!!!

stephensonfan
7/20/2005, 04:34 PM
While I agree with y'all on some points this punishment was not a slap on the wrist from the ncaa... Unlike some schools coughOUcough K.U. gave themselves this punishment.. NCAA is still investigating.. Again All the punishments given out so far for all programs are from the University of Kansas on the Athletic Dept..

In my opinion most of the violations are of no consequence anyway.. except the violations by Mangino (football coach) He was found to have helped recruits cheat to pass entrance tests... but the "major violations" roy did were o.k.ing gifts and money to OUTGOING seniors... which is against the rules i guess but really doesn't give them any advantages over other schools except maybe telling potential recruits hey if you come here and do good you may get a little graduation bonus...

anyway just thought id set u okies straight... lol j/k I'm sure you're not getting all the info i get since i live a little closer..

GottaHavePride
7/22/2005, 12:28 AM
While I agree with y'all on some points this punishment was not a slap on the wrist from the ncaa... Unlike some schools coughOUcough K.U. gave themselves this punishment.. NCAA is still investigating.. Again All the punishments given out so far for all programs are from the University of Kansas on the Athletic Dept..
Oh. So the NCAA has done exactly jack squat to KU, then. Yeah, that's much better.

I said it in another thread but I'll say it here. Imposing sanctions on KU for this stuff would be completely asinine. The sanctions should be slapped on Roy Williams at North Carolina. I think it's total crap that a coach can evade penalties by moving to a different school. Neuheisel did it, too, and it was crap then.

stephensonfan
7/25/2005, 09:15 AM
Their investigation is still underway .... so in other words they can still do something to them... i was just setting the record straight. NCAA could still impose additional punishment on them if they find it nessecary