PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Mustain

BillyBall
7/3/2005, 09:59 AM
A 5 star quarterback on Rivals from Arkansas, he has a list of about 10 schools that he is interested in. Does anyone know anything more specific about him (official visits, camps, etc..)??

Brasky7
7/3/2005, 04:03 PM
His Profile from Scout... (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=9&c=2&cid=377608&nid=1539361&fhn=1)

probably the same stuff you got from Rivals...

AllAboutThe'O'
7/3/2005, 11:30 PM
Word around these parts is that he's narrowed it down to Arkansas and Texas, with a slight lean towards Texas.

Harry Beanbag
7/4/2005, 02:04 AM
I've heard he's down to Arkansas, Texas, and Michigan. Hard to believe he'd go to Austin to be coached by Greg Davis though.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/5/2005, 04:27 PM
I've heard he's down to Arkansas, Texas, and Michigan. Hard to believe he'd go to Austin to be coached by Greg Davis though.
Then again, he could be coached by Houston Dale Nutt. :D

Paperclip
7/5/2005, 04:40 PM
I didn't even know he was leaving Megadeth.

trwxxa
7/30/2005, 03:33 PM
Some rumor boards are telling us the whorns are off Mustain's list. Jeff Ketchum mentioned this during a radio interview in Austin Friday. No link.

db4ua
7/31/2005, 10:37 PM
Rumors around T-TOWN was he is leaning about 65% pig suckers, and 35% whorned heffers.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/31/2005, 11:18 PM
Mustain is also part of this ballyhooed senior class Springdale has, with no state titles on their resume mind you. They have five highly-touted recruits (including Mustain) and two have already committed. An offensive lineman committed to Notre Dame and their tight end recently committed to Florida. There's also two receivers in that mix. Springdale is right up the road from Fayetteville and Arkansas couldn't lock all five guys up. If they lose Mustain, Houston Dale Nutt might as well ask Nolan Richardson for an assistant's job with the Panama national team.

Herr Scholz
8/1/2005, 09:49 AM
Ketchum said that Texas is out of it and that his new lean is Notre Dame, not Arkiesaw. Said Mustain mentioned that at the QB camp in California.

OU-HSV
8/1/2005, 05:58 PM
I hear a lot down here about him on a sports station I listen to out of Little Rock, last week all I heard was Michigan, Texass, and Arkansas. I'll let you guys know what I hear this week about him. Some radio dj idiots out of NW Arkansas were making stupid comments that went something like this last week "..he needs to think long and hard about turning down Arkansas because his family still lives here." (almost like a threat). Those morons don't have a clue..if this kid is as good as he's made out to be..he can play at a much higher quality D-1 school than Arkansas..and people from this home state of his should shut up and be proud of him no matter where he decides, and respect his decision to not play for a mediocre hog team, with Nutt calling his plays. (They should only be pissed if he goes to texass of course).

BillyBall
8/1/2005, 08:07 PM
Rivals updated his choices.... He is "Medium" on Miami, Arkansas, and Notre Dame. "Low" on Florida, Texas, and Michigan.

Soonerfan85
8/1/2005, 08:30 PM
I think Chuck Barrett said on his show last week that Mustain had been quoted as saying he was down to 3 teams. If he woke up three monings in a row with the same team at the top of his list, he'd go ahead and commit to that team. :eek:

I guess that's what you'd call undecided.

Herr Scholz
8/1/2005, 09:40 PM
If he goes to Notre Dame, I can't wait to hear what Beano Cook has to say about his Heisman chances. ;)

AllAboutThe'O'
8/2/2005, 12:26 AM
I hear a lot down here about him on a sports station I listen to out of Little Rock, last week all I heard was Michigan, Texass, and Arkansas. I'll let you guys know what I hear this week about him. Some radio dj idiots out of NW Arkansas were making stupid comments that went something like this last week "..he needs to think long and hard about turning down Arkansas because his family still lives here." (almost like a threat). Those morons don't have a clue..if this kid is as good as he's made out to be..he can play at a much higher quality D-1 school than Arkansas..and people from this home state of his should shut up and be proud of him no matter where he decides, and respect his decision to not play for a mediocre hog team, with Nutt calling his plays. (They should only be pissed if he goes to texass of course).
I think if Nutt is still the coach at Arkansas by signing day, Mustain's not going there. Life without Matt Jones is not going to be easy for HDN, especially if the other QB's he has on his roster don't pan out. If that's the case, then it'll be a long year in Hog-ville and there could be wholesale changes being made.
A few years ago, the Hogs landed Gary Brashears, like Mustain a highly touted QB from Arkansas that turned down several big-time schools (like Michigan) to stay home. And Brashears flamed out big time. He also got into a tiff with the coaching staff about his lack of conditioning. He ended up transferring to Tulsa but didn't stick there either. More of a head-case than anything.
That's why I don't put a whole lot of stock in recruiting. Sure, you have some guys that are the real deal coming out of high school (like Adrian Peterson) but more often than not, I've seen cases where the big-time high school players fizzle when they go to the next level.
About Hog fans being mad when one of the home-staters goes somewhere else, I have two words for you to back up that agreement: Keith Jackson. Hog fans to this day are still ticked off that Jackson (from Little Rock) went to OU, even though he's now the color commentator for the Razorback radio broadcasts and his son is a defensive lineman at the U of A.

OU-HSV
8/2/2005, 08:36 AM
.......About Hog fans being mad when one of the home-staters goes somewhere else, I have two words for you to back up that agreement: Keith Jackson. Hog fans to this day are still ticked off that Jackson (from Little Rock) went to OU, even though he's now the color commentator for the Razorback radio broadcasts and his son is a defensive lineman at the U of A.
I agree w/all your ideas on this. And yeah I knew there were some hard feelings still around the state about K. Jackson. But they need to realize these homestate kids want and need to do what's best for them..and the kids themselves are the only ones who can decide that one.

Herr Scholz
8/2/2005, 12:57 PM
From what I've read, Nutt is trying to guilt Mustain into coming to Arkiesaw by dangling his buddies in front of him. Basically, he's offering scholarships to a couple of his teammates (that wouldn't be getting them otherwise) if Mustain goes there. If he doesn't, neither do the buddies. They really want this kid.

Frozen Sooner
8/4/2005, 01:12 AM
Plus, he can whale on his guitar!

http://www.guitarplayer.ru/mustaine/img/dave_ra.jpg

METAL HORNS!!!

Herr Scholz
8/4/2005, 09:44 AM
Plus, he can whale on his guitar!

http://www.guitarplayer.ru/mustaine/img/dave_ra.jpg

METAL HORNS!!!
Well, he was a founding member of Metallica. There's always that. ;)

Frozen Sooner
8/4/2005, 10:01 AM
AND got kicked out for being to big of a drunk. That's kind of impressive.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/4/2005, 08:40 PM
Looks like Nutt has now gone 0 for 3 with the Springdale 5. One of the receivers apparently will join the tight end at Florida and become a Gator.
I bet there's a bunch of Hog fans who wished that Nutt had taken the Nebraska job so that they could've grabbed Urban Meyer. Trust me on this one, Meyer is going to displace :mack: as the czar of recruiting.

MMTTrack8
8/4/2005, 08:54 PM
Houston Nutt has courted Mustain relentlessly. I've heard that Nutt will let Mitch play the game he wants to play if he goes to Arkansas. At least he was saying that in the beginning. There's a strong feeling that he'll go to the UofA. He's not going to Texas, that's for darn sure. I'll be surprised if he goes elsewhere.

Someone mentioned a while back about Springdale not have any state titles. True, but that doesn't mean that they haven't come damn close before. Last year they were robbed of the title because of crooked officials. The players for Little Rock deliberately attacked Mitch and managed to break his arm. That game was rigged and the title was stolen from Springdale last year. There have been years before when the team would be too cocky to play the game they usually did and lose at state. This team is less arrogant than it has been in the past, so them losing last year hit hard. Mitch Mustain in particular is a good, humble kid who doesn't deserve any of the harsh criticism I've heard him receive. So there!

OU-HSV
8/4/2005, 09:09 PM
I listened to some sports radio here today and there's no decision yet. I'll let ya'll know if anything changes tomorrow.

MMTTrack8
8/4/2005, 09:20 PM
There won't be a change tomorrow. He won't go to Notre Dame, and I will be shocked if he does. Just as shocked as I'll be if there is an announcement tomorrow.

OU-HSV
8/4/2005, 09:35 PM
There won't be a change tomorrow. He won't go to Notre Dame, and I will be shocked if he does. Just as shocked as I'll be if there is an announcement tomorrow.
Couldn't Mitch wait until even as late as March to say where he's goin?

MMTTrack8
8/4/2005, 09:48 PM
I have no idea. He'll probably make his announcement before the season gets underway so he won't have to worry about it and just concentrate on having a good season. I believe Springdale goes back to school on August 19, so shortly before that date or very shortly after that date is when I'm expecting it. I don't really think it will be before the Red/White game next Saturday, but I could be very wrong about that. At the earliest he'll decide by next week. I say the absolute latest may be the very end of this month.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/4/2005, 10:12 PM
Houston Nutt has courted Mustain relentlessly. I've heard that Nutt will let Mitch play the game he wants to play if he goes to Arkansas. At least he was saying that in the beginning. There's a strong feeling that he'll go to the UofA. He's not going to Texas, that's for darn sure. I'll be surprised if he goes elsewhere.

Someone mentioned a while back about Springdale not have any state titles. True, but that doesn't mean that they haven't come damn close before. Last year they were robbed of the title because of crooked officials. The players for Little Rock deliberately attacked Mitch and managed to break his arm. That game was rigged and the title was stolen from Springdale last year. There have been years before when the team would be too cocky to play the game they usually did and lose at state. This team is less arrogant than it has been in the past, so them losing last year hit hard. Mitch Mustain in particular is a good, humble kid who doesn't deserve any of the harsh criticism I've heard him receive. So there!
With that username, you wouldn't happen to be Mitch Mustain's public relations agent would you?

MMTTrack8
8/4/2005, 10:24 PM
HA! I'm flattered, but no. This is a standard SN I use for a lot of things. It basically means "Strawberry Fields Forever" (Magical Mystery Tour, Track 8). I wouldn't mind being his PR person. I'd work for free and slit the throats of everyone who came after him in a negative way. From what I understand, his mother is basically the person who fields all of that crap. She's crazy and lots of other things I can't say about her here. :X

AllAboutThe'O'
8/4/2005, 10:44 PM
HA! I'm flattered, but no. This is a standard SN I use for a lot of things. It basically means "Strawberry Fields Forever" (Magical Mystery Tour, Track 8). I wouldn't mind being his PR person. I'd work for free and slit the throats of everyone who came after him in a negative way. From what I understand, his mother is basically the person who fields all of that crap. She's crazy and lots of other things I can't say about her here. :X
All right, a Beatles fan. Spek for you.
Just being curious, do you live in the northwest Arkansas area? I live in the River Valley, so I know pretty much about what goes on up there.

MMTTrack8
8/4/2005, 10:53 PM
I live in Springdale, so I am VERY aware of everything going on here! I graduated from SHS several years ago and I've managed to follow the program since I left. I'm not really into Hog football (I'm a student there now and probably forever). I was into football when I was in high school because several of my friends were on the team and I had to hear about it everyday. It isn't my favorite sport, but I enjoy watching it.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/4/2005, 10:58 PM
I live in Springdale, so I am VERY aware of everything going on here! I graduated from SHS several years ago and I've managed to follow the program since I left. I'm not really into Hog football (I'm a student there now and probably forever). I was into football when I was in high school because several of my friends were on the team and I had to hear about it everyday. It isn't my favorite sport, but I enjoy watching it.
Here's a question for you:
With the addition of the new high school in Springdale, will Malzahn take that job when they field the program in 2006 or will Chris Wood? Or will Malzahn stay at Springdale and Wood goes to the new school? Or do they just go in a totally new direction? BTW, will the new Springdale school have their own stadium, or will they play the home games at Jarrell Williams Bulldog Stadium?
Also will the new school drain some or most of the talent that would have gone to SHS?

MMTTrack8
8/4/2005, 11:26 PM
I wrote a really long reply and then it said I wasn't logged in and lost it. Anywho...

I heard a rumor Malzahn is leaving Springdale entirely. I don't have a source and I don't know when and where I heard it. He will probably stay at Springdale. The facilities are too good and the talent is still there. I don't know if Har-Ber High School has a stadium. If they don't, then they probably will. The talent will go where the good coaches are. The team still has some great players on it after this year, and they more than likely won't be leaving SHS. Mitch's younger brother Matt is going to be on Varsity this year instead of the Sophomore team, so those two will get to play together which is nice. I believe Matt's probably going to play tailback, fullback, and some defensive line. And he's one heck of a baseball player also. I think he'll concentrate on that if not football. Those are two talented kids! I don't know if it will be mandatory for certain students who start in SHS to move to Har-Ber after this year when it comes to sports, though. Matt and Mitch live over the line technically requiring them to go to the new school. Hopefully not. Anyway, I'm just waiting to see like everyone else what will happen when football makes it to Har-Ber.

Herr Scholz
8/5/2005, 02:38 PM
Geoff Ketchum says he's about to commit to Notre Dame. What do you hear?

MMTTrack8
8/5/2005, 06:29 PM
I hear Arkansas. I hear it's too cold at Notre Dame. If he is going to commit to ND then, as I said, I'll be extremely shocked. I really don't care where he goes as long as it's where he wants to be. There have been people pressuring him to do certain things and it isn't right. If he's happy with his choice, then I'm happy with it. I just happen to know that he has been treated very well by the people at Arkansas and I know Houston Nutt (and especially Malzahn, I can't fail to mention him) has been looking out for his emotional well-being during the past few crazy months, so it will be shocking for him to not go here because the temptation is obvious to not leave a place where you've already built a relationship.

I have slight update in the last few minutes that ESPN will go national with his decision when it comes. It looks like we can expect a decision by the 23rd also.

OU-HSV
8/5/2005, 07:58 PM
.....I really don't care where he goes as long as it's where he wants to be. There have been people pressuring him to do certain things and it isn't right. If he's happy with his choice, then I'm happy with it.

I wish more people in this state felt like you and I about this. They should all shut up and let him make the decision that's best for him. I got into a calm dispute w/a co-worker here who claims Mitch should "honor his state" and go to the U of A. I simply explained to him that there are much better schools right now for a quality QB to go to than Fayetville...and I said a few other things to make my case and then I asked the guy to put himself in Mitch's shoes and asked him if he would go to Arkansas and do you know what he said?...his exact words were: "well no I'd probably go to USC or somewhere like that if I had a chance." Then I said "well there you go...that's my point."

Soonerfan85
8/5/2005, 09:49 PM
...........and then I asked the guy to put himself in Mitch's shoes and asked him if he would go to Arkansas and do you know what he said?...his exact words were: "well no I'd probably go to USC or somewhere like that if I had a chance." Then I said "well there you go...that's my point."

So did he have any other smart arse stuff to say after you throat punched him? :D

OU-HSV
8/5/2005, 10:51 PM
HAHA..nah he pretty much looked like he felt like a moron..heh

MMTTrack8
8/5/2005, 10:58 PM
From what I understand he wasn't insanely impressed with anywhere else because whereever you go you get the same type of people. I only heard once that he "liked" Texas, but that ship has sailed. He declined a trip to Notre Dame, by the way, that's why I'm so fervently asserting he won't go there. Some people need to just chill out about this whole thing. It isn't something that in the broad scheme of things matters a whole heck of a lot. No one will die if Mitch decides not to go to Arkansas. It'll probably be good to get away from his mother anyway.

OU-HSV
8/5/2005, 11:38 PM
MMTTrak8 I'm not sure if you live near LR or not..but today on 103.7 Buzz radio station they had a caller on who was simply pissed that everyone is making such a big deal about the "Springdale 5" when LR central whipped them in the State Champ. game last season. He was saying how come no one makes a big production out of the LR central players. Of course he ignored the fact that Mitch broke his arm in that particular game.

MMTTrack8
8/6/2005, 12:23 AM
I live in Springdale and, yeah, they have good players at LR. BUT...

They didn't slaughter the competition last season. Springdale went into state undefeated. They mercy ruled 10 out of 13 teams they played. Six of those games were 30-something to zero wins. Occasionally a team would score, but it wouldn't matter because then it would be 40-something to like 7, 10, or 13. Did he mention that the officials were ignoring anything horrible and wrong LR did? My uncle and my grandfather were at that game and they said that when it came to Little Rock, none of the officials seemed to notice when they broke the rules. Even when Mitch was out they managed to only lose by a score of 30-21. They have amazing drive, that's why we care. They aren't arrogant, bloodthirsty hooligans, like LR.

Sorry, it just pisses me off so much because they broke his arm ON PURPOSE and then think they are hot **** because they won the game.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Mitchell can throw a football straight through your head from VERY far away. He's got an arm like we haven't seen a long time. That's why he's such a big deal.

OU-HSV
8/6/2005, 12:26 AM
I live in Springdale and, yeah, they have good players at LR. BUT...

They didn't slaughter the competition last season. Springdale went into state undefeated. They mercy ruled 10 out of 13 teams they played. Six of those games were 30-something to zero wins. Occasionally a team would score, but it wouldn't matter because then it would be 40-something to like 7, 10, or 13. Did he mention that the officials were ignoring anything horrible and wrong LR did? My uncle and my grandfather were at that game and they said that when it came to Little Rock, none of the officials seemed to notice when they broke the rules. Even when Mitch was out they managed to only lose by a score of 30-21. They have amazing drive, that's why we care. They aren't arrogant, bloodthirsty hooligans, like LR.

Sorry, it just pisses me off so much because they broke his arm ON PURPOSE and then think they are hot **** because they won the game.
Yeah a lot of what you say here was mentioned...but not by the LR caller of course. Well, my old H.S. coach from Oklahoma is now coaching at Greenwood and if I remember correctly they lost the championship game last season too..so I wouldn't feel too bad man because Greenwood had a hell of a team last year as well.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/6/2005, 12:56 AM
Yeah a lot of what you say here was mentioned...but not by the LR caller of course. Well, my old H.S. coach from Oklahoma is now coaching at Greenwood and if I remember correctly they lost the championship game last season too..so I wouldn't feel too bad man because Greenwood had a hell of a team last year as well.
Ahhh, a pupil of Rick Jones is a poster on this board I see.

OU-HSV
8/6/2005, 01:14 AM
Ahhh, a pupil of Rick Jones is a poster on this board I see.
Yep yourself?

Harry Beanbag
8/6/2005, 01:28 AM
Wasn't Rick Jones the Edmond Memorial coach like 15 years ago?

OU-HSV
8/6/2005, 01:34 AM
I think so and then he came to B.A. Wait..wait..he coached at Union somewhere in there.

OU-HSV
8/6/2005, 01:40 AM
That's right I found it on a link..Rick left Edmond memorial to go coach at Union and then he eventually moved to B.A. That's why at practice he always referred to Union as "those guys over there"..it was hillarious.

Here this link will tell you more than enough..even some mention of Stoops and Leach:
http://www.unionps.org/communications/stories_02-03/monthly_football.htm

AllAboutThe'O'
8/6/2005, 01:51 AM
Yep yourself?
Nope, didn't play high school football. To this day, it's probably my biggest regret.
You might be interested to know that during my high school days, the football coach at my alma mater was Jack Coleman, Billy Sims' H.S. coach.

Big 12th Man
8/9/2005, 08:04 PM
I'm Rick Jones, biatch!

OU-HSV
8/10/2005, 10:58 AM
Thought I'd let you guys know I'm hearing two different things on the radio here in Arkansas in the last few minutes. One is that Mustain decided on Arkansas..the other says Florida (but they're probably both wrong because they can't confirm either one yet). I'll let yall know more later today or tonight if I hear any confirmation. Time to eat lunch-later.

MMTTrack8
8/11/2005, 02:27 PM
It was a hoax. Mitch hasn't announced anything yet. ESPN will cover his announcement anyway.

I got to see him practice the other day. He'll be doing more punting this season and it appears to be a very good thing! We knew he could throw, but the kid can kick, too!

Soonerfan85
8/15/2005, 06:28 PM
Looks like Mustain will be tossing the pigskin for the Razorbacks.

Channel 7 out of LR is reporting this evening that Mustain has decided to sign with Arkansas.

Not that most Sooner fans care where this kid goes, so long as he doesn't play for Texas, I don't really care where he plays.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/15/2005, 08:45 PM
Congrats to Mustain, for Hog fans' sake hope he doesn't turn out to be another Gary Brashears.

OU-HSV
8/15/2005, 10:14 PM
I heard something a while ago on the radio they were making it sound as if he signed w/Arkansas, but they never came out and said it, so I wasn't sure.

SelmaBamaFan
8/16/2005, 04:54 AM
Can he run a 4.3 40??? I think we have Arkansas' offense figured out, except for the 'lanky QB run left, lanky QB run right' play.

Thank god Matt Jones is gone... wasnt he like a 8th year SR or something? geez.

Frozen Sooner
8/16/2005, 09:27 AM
Rick Jones ALSO was the kid who ran out into the testing area where the Gamma Bomb was being tested. Dr. Bruce Banner left the shelter to rescue him and got hit with the gamma rays himself, becoming the HULK!

I am such a dork.

Ballhog24
8/16/2005, 10:13 AM
I think most of the "somewhat sensible" Razorback fans will realize that the next couple seasons are crucial for Nutt. It's time for him to put up or shut up.

He's gotten recruits that he felt he could win with, he's added top 10 or so recruits at a few positions, and now it's time to see some results from this.

Even with the carousel we'll have at qb this season, the hogs should still be able to pull some wins out with the supposed other talent they have.

Getting Mustain to Arkansas next season should only bulk up the position (if he pans out as well in college as he has in high school.)

OU-HSV
8/16/2005, 11:38 PM
I think most of the "somewhat sensible" Razorback fans will realize that the next couple seasons are crucial for Nutt. It's time for him to put up or shut up.

He's gotten recruits that he felt he could win with, he's added top 10 or so recruits at a few positions, and now it's time to see some results from this......
My thoughts exactly

OU-HSV
12/7/2005, 09:21 PM
DECEMBER UPDATE: In case some of you haven't heard already..it seems that Mitch has decided he'd like to check out Notre Dame, Texas, and Tennessee. He may back out on his verbal to the Hogs after all...haha..wouldn't that be a kick to the pants of Houston Nutt.

Soonerfan88
12/7/2005, 11:41 PM
Most common thought is that he will end up at Tenn. now that David Cutcliffe has been hired as the new OC. Cutcliffe was the QB/Asst Head Coach at ND until resigning due to his inability to fully recover from heart surgery & is one of the main reasons Mustain had them so high on his list.

southern sooner
12/7/2005, 11:41 PM
Bet he goes to Tenn, he likes their O Cord that they are bringing back.

colleyvillesooner
12/8/2005, 12:28 AM
Most common thought is that he will end up at Tenn. now that David Cutcliffe has been hired as the new OC. Cutcliffe was the QB/Asst Head Coach at ND until resigning due to his inability to fully recover from heart surgery & is one of the main reasons Mustain had them so high on his list.

Heard ND was in town yesterday....

Herr Scholz
12/8/2005, 12:45 PM
It's not going to be Texas. We already got Jevan Snead from that class.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/9/2005, 01:21 AM
It's become a three-ring circus up there all of a sudden.
The latest word tonight is that Gus Malzahn, the Springdale H.C., is going to be hired as the Razorbacks' offensive coordinator, which will be official at a press conference tomorrow. Seems to be a desperate measure by Nutt to get Mustain at whatever cost, even bringing in a guy with no college coaching experience to run an offense at an SEC school.
You would have thought Wal-Mart was going to move its corporate office to Singapore the way that people in Arkansas are reacting to the news that Mustain decommitted to the Hogs.

Harry Beanbag
12/9/2005, 06:54 AM
The latest word tonight is that Gus Malzahn, the Springdale H.C., is going to be hired as the Razorbacks' offensive coordinator,

Whoa, that's John Blakeish.

colleyvillesooner
12/9/2005, 10:04 AM
The latest word tonight is that Gus Malzahn, the Springdale H.C., is going to be hired as the Razorbacks' offensive coordinator, which will be official at a press conference tomorrow. Seems to be a desperate measure by Nutt to get Mustain at whatever cost, even bringing in a guy with no college coaching experience to run an offense at an SEC school.
You would have thought Wal-Mart was going to move its corporate office to Singapore the way that people in Arkansas are reacting to the news that Mustain decommitted to the Hogs.

I was hearing this too. Rumors I heard were that he was coming there and they were gonna run the same system at U of A. No huddle, using signals for the plays. Again, all rumors, but I heard they were after the Head Coach over a month ago.

It'll be interesting to hear it unfold.

OU-HSV
12/9/2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I heard today on the radio that Malzahn was hired. I agree with you, seems like Nutt is doing anything he can to help his chances of landing Mitch. But you can't blame Mitch for wanting to go to a better program..although 99.9% of the Hog fans will be mad if he does.

TopDawg
12/9/2005, 05:38 PM
Let's hire his mom as Kick Holder Coach.

Mjcpr
12/9/2005, 05:55 PM
Let's hire his mom as Kick Holder Coach.

His mom is a girl. And not only is she a girl, she's terrible.

OU-HSV
12/9/2005, 07:41 PM
I don't know about Mitch's mom...but I've heard his sister call into the Little Rock sports talk station and she sounds HOT, maybe they could hire her for something.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/10/2005, 01:41 AM
Yeah, I heard today on the radio that Malzahn was hired. I agree with you, seems like Nutt is doing anything he can to help his chances of landing Mitch. But you can't blame Mitch for wanting to go to a better program..although 99.9% of the Hog fans will be mad if he does.
Over the past few years, some of the top H.S. players in Arkansas have gone elsewhere. Most notably DeAngelo Williams, the RB now at Memphis; Cedric Houston, former RB at Tennessee; and Slick Shelley, WR from Fort Smith now at Tennessee. Hog fans around here were pretty tense when those guys signed elsewhere but it's nothing compared to Mustain if he goes anywhere but Arkansas.
The difference is that Mustain called a press conference back in the summer, with all the local TV stations and papers there, to announce he was committing to Arkansas. People took it as gospel that Mustain was going to Arkansas, so now that Mustain has decommitted, they're believing that Mustain is not only a traitor but a backstabber and a cheating liar.
Personally, I think that it's between Tennessee and Arkansas for Mustain's services. I know he'll get a chance to hook up with his old H.S. coach but he might go ahead and hook up with David Cutcliffe, who helped both Peyton and Eli Manning become NFL quarterbacks.
Speaking of Peyton Manning, if Mustain doesn't go to Arkansas, Razorback fan reaction could be similar to Ole Miss fan reaction when Peyton spurned his father's team to go to Knoxville. It got so severe that there was even talk of some Ole Miss fans not recognizing Archie Manning's contributions to the program (and they are huge) just because his son decided not to play there.

sooner13f
12/10/2005, 02:12 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that this thread, one that is not about a kid going to OU, has the most posts............WOW

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/10/2005, 04:29 PM
I've heard his sister call into the Little Rock sports talk station and she sounds HOT,

As a man you should know better than to say something like that. She might be a ticking time fat for all you know.

jreed13
12/10/2005, 04:36 PM
Rumor is that he's going to Florida

OU-HSV
12/10/2005, 05:55 PM
Over the past few years, some of the top H.S. players in Arkansas have gone elsewhere. Most notably DeAngelo Williams, the RB now at Memphis; Cedric Houston, former RB at Tennessee; and Slick Shelley, WR from Fort Smith now at Tennessee. Hog fans around here were pretty tense when those guys signed elsewhere but it's nothing compared to Mustain if he goes anywhere but Arkansas.
The difference is that Mustain called a press conference back in the summer, with all the local TV stations and papers there, to announce he was committing to Arkansas. People took it as gospel that Mustain was going to Arkansas, so now that Mustain has decommitted, they're believing that Mustain is not only a traitor but a backstabber and a cheating liar.
Personally, I think that it's between Tennessee and Arkansas for Mustain's services. I know he'll get a chance to hook up with his old H.S. coach but he might go ahead and hook up with David Cutcliffe, who helped both Peyton and Eli Manning become NFL quarterbacks.
Speaking of Peyton Manning, if Mustain doesn't go to Arkansas, Razorback fan reaction could be similar to Ole Miss fan reaction when Peyton spurned his father's team to go to Knoxville. It got so severe that there was even talk of some Ole Miss fans not recognizing Archie Manning's contributions to the program (and they are huge) just because his son decided not to play there.
Exactly...to everything.

OU-HSV
12/10/2005, 05:57 PM
As a man you should know better than to say something like that. She might be a ticking time fat for all you know.
Yeah she's probably 6'6 380 lbs, haha.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/11/2005, 10:01 PM
Yeah she's probably 6'6 380 lbs, haha.
I don't know, most quarterbacks' sisters are generally good-looking, Josh Heupel's for one. I didn't even know Mustain had a sister, I know he has a younger brother who's going to be playing at the new Har-Ber High in Springdale.

CatfishSooner
12/12/2005, 12:06 AM
I think it would be funny if he didn't go to Ark...