PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Rogers is out of Control....

colleyvillesooner
6/29/2005, 06:12 PM
First he punches the water cooler and breaks a bone in his non pitching hand. Yesterday, he pulls a picture of the wall and breaks it. Today, before the game, he has apparently pushed a camerman, who fell into a reporter, then later grabbed a camera and threw it on the ground. All of this happened ON THE FIELD. Story is developing. I'll post a link when I find it.

colleyvillesooner
6/29/2005, 06:14 PM
Story: http://www.dallasnews.com/

Video:
http://www.dallasnews.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.wfaa.com/050629_1630rogers_am.wmv

AllAboutThe'O'
6/29/2005, 08:35 PM
I don't care if he's a Ranger or not, or how good a pitcher he is, he's a big jerk and a bully and I'm not ashamed to say it. The jerk has some anger management issues and the more help he gets as soon as possible, the better off he'll be.
This isn't the first time he's pulled off these kind of shenanigans. I remember about 10 years or so ago he pushed a Star-Telegram reporter out of the clubhouse while Kevin Brown was being interviewed (how ironic is that?).
I don't mind people being competitive but there's a fine line between staying in control and staying out of control. I jumped all over Randy Johnson's case when he shoved the cameraman following his trade to New York earlier this year, so I'm definitely not applying a double standard here.
But I have lost a ton of respect for Kenny Rogers now, and while I hope he can recover and help us try to get to the playoffs, as far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't mind if he never won another game for us.
Buck Showalter, Tom Hicks and John Hart would also gain more of my respect if they slapped Rogers with a hefty fine and a sizable suspension. You just don't do that to people trying to do a job.
P*** on Kenny Rogers. In this case, a simple apology isn't good enough.

BeetDigger
6/29/2005, 09:57 PM
Well, he is the gambler you know.

tulsaoilerfan
6/29/2005, 10:01 PM
He's just blowing off some steam; cut him some slack. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
6/29/2005, 10:10 PM
Apparently, today isn't the only day that the dolt has snapped, according to this thread on a Ranger fan forum:
http://www.dallasbaseballhome.com/talk/index.php?topic=4478.0

GrapevineSooner
6/29/2005, 10:31 PM
He can kiss that extension goodbye.

F***ing prick.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/29/2005, 10:45 PM
I finally caught the video of the confrontations on the FSN Southwest Sports Report.
If only he had shoved freakin' Ric Renner instead of those cameramen. :mad: He would still have been OK in my book.

GrapevineSooner
6/29/2005, 11:00 PM
It's uploaded (http://sportsblog.xtremeramblings.us/?p=402). Apologies for the sucky audio.

Scott D
6/29/2005, 11:00 PM
That was some funny funny stuff imo.

TopDawg
6/30/2005, 08:54 PM
Well, he is the gambler you know.

Looks like Kenny doesn't know when to walk away and the photographers don't know when to run.

GrapevineSooner
6/30/2005, 11:41 PM
Off topic, but

Men who look like Kenny Rogers (http://www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com)

GrapevineSooner
7/1/2005, 03:50 PM
Selig Sayeth Kenny Rogers suspended 20 games and fined $50,000.

BeetDigger
7/1/2005, 03:54 PM
Selig Sayeth Kenny Rogers suspended 20 games and fined $50,000.

And must bend over while camerman tries to cornhole him with his camera.

OUthunder
7/1/2005, 04:21 PM
You can only do that if you're a superstar and he ain't no superstar.

What a punk.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/1/2005, 06:09 PM
20 games is pretty stiff, but I was wishing that Selig had the onions to suspend him for the remainder of the season.

OklahomaTrombone
7/1/2005, 08:24 PM
Twenty games is four starts.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/1/2005, 09:18 PM
Apparently he's scheduled to start Sunday's game at Seattle as he appeals his suspension.
I just won't watch then. Or listen to it on the radio.
In fact, fellow Ranger fans, let's boycott Sunday's game as a show of solidarity.

GrapevineSooner
7/2/2005, 01:01 AM
Can I just boo him from my living room?

AllAboutThe'O'
7/2/2005, 01:35 AM
Can I just boo him from my living room?
I'm sure that's a suitable option. But are you hoping he gets hammered? ;)

BeetDigger
7/2/2005, 11:25 AM
Compared to the punishment the NBA dished out for similar actions, this seems pretty light. Steve Francis, I beleive, got $300 grand for going after a camerman and Rodman got more when he kicked the camerman. As far as I am concerned, he should not receive his check during the suspension. Unfortunately, he gets a paid vacation.

del city teenagers RULe!
7/2/2005, 01:37 PM
Compared to the punishment the NBA dished out for similar actions, this seems pretty light. Steve Francis, I beleive, got $300 grand for going after a camerman and Rodman got more when he kicked the camerman. As far as I am concerned, he should not receive his check during the suspension. Unfortunately, he gets a paid vacation.
You know what gets me is this guy threw a hissy fit because a cameraman on the feild was filming. Does the media hound him that bad.Remember this is Kenny Rogers were talking about,not the singer either.Give me a break.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/3/2005, 11:32 PM
And wouldn't you know it, Rogers is selected to the American League All-Star team.
Wonder what the over/under would be on the number of cameramen and reporters who will descend on Detroit's Comerica Park next Monday for the team workout day just to get something, anything, from the Gambler.

mrowl
7/5/2005, 08:10 AM
huh... you know what? I don't mind what he did at all... and now that dumb *** camera man is just out for some money now. He was not HURT in that, I saw pictures of him on a stretcher, you have to be kidding me!!! If Kenny pitches on Friday, he will get a standing O from me, the media has treated him like ****.

colleyvillesooner
7/5/2005, 09:14 AM
huh... you know what? I don't mind what he did at all... and now that dumb *** camera man is just out for some money now. He was not HURT in that, I saw pictures of him on a stretcher, you have to be kidding me!!! If Kenny pitches on Friday, he will get a standing O from me, the media has treated him like ****.

I can see being mad at the cameraman if he is "out for money", but having no problem with what he did? Rogers was an ******* to somebody who was doing their job and was where he was supposed to be, just like he is everyday. He probably left on a stretcher at the insistence of the ballpark for legal reasons. I have a major problem with a ballplayer, or anyone for that matter, who does this. Be a man or "professional" and just walk right past him, and if you must, put your hand up to the lens and say "not right now".

AllAboutThe'O'
7/5/2005, 02:49 PM
I can see being mad at the cameraman if he is "out for money", but having no problem with what he did? Rogers was an ******* to somebody who was doing their job and was where he was supposed to be, just like he is everyday. He probably left on a stretcher at the insistence of the ballpark for legal reasons. I have a major problem with a ballplayer, or anyone for that matter, who does this. Be a man or "professional" and just walk right past him, and if you must, put your hand up to the lens and say "not right now".
Agree on all counts. Plus, I don't think the cameraman is living it up as you might think because his private life has just been greatly reduced with all the notoriety.

mrowl
7/5/2005, 04:51 PM
he is Living it up. While in Vegas this past weekend, he was on EVERY national show out there, and some locals. His pay day has arrived.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/5/2005, 05:03 PM
he is Living it up. While in Vegas this past weekend, he was on EVERY national show out there, and some locals. His pay day has arrived.
Well, he's making the best of a bad situation then.

OklahomaTrombone
7/5/2005, 05:36 PM
Are the national shows out there different than then national shows over here?

TUSooner
7/12/2005, 09:01 PM
pointless bump