PDA

View Full Version : Religion and morality a contradiction explained

imjebus
6/27/2005, 02:14 PM
With all the religion talk lately I just thought some people might enjoy this read...

http://www.anti-naturals.org/theory/religion.html

C&CDean
6/27/2005, 02:19 PM
Dude is so burning in hell.

GottaHavePride
6/27/2005, 02:23 PM
I'm too important to bother reading an article that long. I'll wait for the flame wars to start.

C&CDean
6/27/2005, 02:26 PM
I'm too important to bother reading an article that long. I'll wait for the flame wars to start.

You think I actually read it? Look who posted it. Without reading it I can tell you it says "religion sucks, there is no Jesus, only idiots have religion, only weak-minded people believe in God, everything can be explained through science."

SCOUT
6/27/2005, 02:36 PM
Here is an excerpt for ya

Can there be any doubt that humanity would be better off without religion? Everyone who appreciates the good, the true and the beautiful has a duty to challenge this social poison at every opportunity. It is not enough to be irreligious; we must use our critique to expose religion for what it is: sanctimonious nonsense

yermom
6/27/2005, 02:37 PM
who wants butter on their popcorn?

DCSooner
6/27/2005, 02:40 PM
I
B
T
L

critical_phil
6/27/2005, 02:49 PM
who wants butter on their popcorn?

who wants some Vanaga??

critical_phil
6/27/2005, 02:50 PM
perverts..................

http://beer.artcon.ru/pavel_egorov/old_ussr/sal1502.jpg

Veritas
6/27/2005, 03:09 PM
Looking at that site for 5 seconds, I'll bet any amount of money that the owner of that site is a university professor. Takers?

6/27/2005, 03:24 PM
This past Saturday, along with the wife and kids, I went to a family fun night at our ORGANIZED RELIGION church. We grilled hot dogs and burgers. After everyone finished eating, we sang some songs and played charades with the kiddos. There were only about five families or so.

Man, I could have just stayed home and watched t.v.

achiro
6/27/2005, 03:29 PM
I'd much rather look at pics of tittays than crap like that. I'd like to see a swing in this board. I vote that people get baned for posting this crap and celebrated for bringing da tittay's. :D

yermom
6/27/2005, 03:33 PM
perverts..................

http://beer.artcon.ru/pavel_egorov/old_ussr/sal1502.jpg

at first glance that looks like "Vagina" and "Stripper" :dolemite:

where do you get that stuff?

Mjcpr
6/27/2005, 03:34 PM

At the same place, I think.

Veritas
6/27/2005, 03:34 PM

That's EXACTLY what I thought but was afraid to post. Damn spek limits.

yermom
6/27/2005, 03:38 PM
At the same place, I think.

Excellent.

imjebus
6/27/2005, 03:52 PM
I'd much rather look at pics of tittays than crap like that. I'd like to see a swing in this board. I vote that people get baned for posting this crap and celebrated for bringing da tittay's. :D

I love you my brother.

imjebus
6/27/2005, 03:53 PM
You think I actually read it? Look who posted it. Without reading it I can tell you it says "religion sucks, there is no Jesus, only idiots have religion, only weak-minded people believe in God, everything can be explained through science."

Dean finally gets it... I'm proud of you.

C&CDean
6/27/2005, 04:02 PM
Dean finally gets it... I'm proud of you.

Get what? That you're obsessed with lamely trying to prove that Jesus is a farce? Hell, tell me something I don't know.

How about posting about, oh, say golf. Or underwear. Or tittays. You and Tuba are 2 peas in a pod. One-dimensional muh****ahs for sure.

DCSooner
6/27/2005, 04:06 PM
(0Y0)

@

OklahomaTuba
6/27/2005, 04:13 PM
Bigotry at its finest.

Is celebrating the holocaust next on the agenda?

imjebus
6/27/2005, 04:13 PM
Get what? That you're obsessed with lamely trying to prove that Jesus is a farce? Hell, tell me something I don't know.

How about posting about, oh, say golf. Or underwear. Or tittays. You and Tuba are 2 peas in a pod. One-dimensional muh****ahs for sure.

I am the anti tuba of the board.... Remember I am a troll.. And don't call me a muh****ah... Beotch......

imjebus
6/27/2005, 04:16 PM
Bigotry at its finest.

Is celebrating the holocaust next on the agenda?

Glad you enjoyed it....

Veritas
6/27/2005, 04:17 PM
I am the anti tuba of the board....
Don't flatter yourself. You argue a case worse than he does.

OklahomaTuba
6/27/2005, 04:18 PM

Thats not much of a compliment, but thanks anyways. :D

Veritas
6/27/2005, 04:23 PM
Thats not much of a compliment, but thanks anyways. :D
Tuba, we agree on a lot of stuff but IMO your method of delivery frequently dilutes and obscures any valid logic presented.

imjebus
6/27/2005, 04:28 PM

I'm not arguing a case, I put an article out for the people who might want to read it. Obviously NO ONE on this board believes this way or wants anyone else to believe this way, and they immediatly attack the person who puts it out there.

"As social organizations, religions have a dramatic power that hides their essential irrationality. They persist today because they are so effective at constructing group identities and at setting up conflict between the in- and out-groups. For all religions, there is an "us" and a "them." All the ritual and the fellowship associated with religious practice is just a means of continually emphasizing group boundaries and hostility. It is no accident that the history of world religions is a history of violence, hatred and intolerance. The in-group has exclusive access to the truth, so the out-group need not—indeed, should not—be listened to; they can only deceive. And, being liars, and thus, evil, they forfeit their rights as equal members of the community. This is the poisonous logic of religious irrationality."

yermom
6/27/2005, 04:30 PM
actually i agree with the first half of it completely... i kinda got distracted and stopped reading though.

the above paragraph is right on, IMO

SoonerInKCMO
6/27/2005, 04:38 PM
I didn't finish it either... but I did get to the part with the paragraph highlighted in red above and think that its truthfulness is obvious.

imjebus
6/27/2005, 04:39 PM
actually i agree with the first half of it completely... i kinda got distracted and stopped reading though.

the above paragraph is right on, IMO

It is kinda long isn't it. :D

49r
6/27/2005, 04:43 PM
Tuba, we agree on a lot of stuff but IMO your method of delivery frequently dilutes and obscures any valid logic presented.
frequently...

OklahomaTuba
6/27/2005, 04:56 PM

Thats valid, however I am not here to change minds, just simply to relay my opinion. :D

soonerscuba
6/27/2005, 06:14 PM
Eh, I'm not huge on church, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the world would be better off without religion for a couple of reasons. A) most churches are inherently good, for every one Fred Phelps there are probably a thousand pastors who just want to lead their flock to better lives, and they give to charities as a general rule. B) Some people (read not all, not even a majority) are addicted to religion, and I would rather have them addicted to Jesus than PCP or alcohol.

GottaHavePride
6/27/2005, 06:20 PM
1337 posts for Scuba.

1337 h4x0rz pwn j00! ;)

OklahomaTuba
6/27/2005, 06:33 PM
Nice.

On a personal level, religiosity is merely annoying—like pop music or reality television. This immaturity represents a significant social problem, however, because religious adherents fail to recognize their limitations. So, in the name of their faith, these moral retards are running around pointing fingers and doing real harm to others. One only has to read the newspaper to see the results of their handiwork. They discriminate, exclude and belittle. They make a virtue of closed-mindedness and virulent ignorance. They are an ugly, violent lot.

I think the fact that someone would actually post this shows the extream hatred that exists against people of faith.

This is hate speach and bigotry, and should be treated as such.

mdklatt
6/27/2005, 06:42 PM
I think the fact that someone would actually post this shows the extream hatred that exists against people of faith.

Except that nobody is going around killing people in this country for being Christian, unlike the poor abortion doctors and gay people who have been at the wrong end of a bible thumping. There are crazy *******s on both sides.

GottaHavePride
6/27/2005, 06:44 PM
I think the fact that someone would actually post this shows the extream hatred that exists against people of faith. Maybe just on that guy's part. I don't have problems with most religious people. I have problems with, for example, the zealots in Kansas that are trying to remove evolution from the school curriculum. Yeah, let's make sure no one from Kansas will ever be able to earn a degree in biology, microbiology, zoology, anthropology, paleontology, or archaeology because they won't know about one of the most basic and widely-accepted concepts in those fields.

OklahomaTuba
6/27/2005, 06:50 PM
Except that nobody is going around killing people in this country for being Christian, unlike the poor abortion doctors and gay people who have been at the wrong end of a bible thumping. There are crazy *******s on both sides.
I think the Christians on the wrong end of a suicide bomber in Lebannon, Israel and the crackdowns that have happened in countries such as China and other places might disagree with your statement.

And blaming all hate and murder against gays on Christians is sterotyping plain and simple. This is not Christian, this is evil.

However, your right. There are crazy *******s in general. Its sad really. But adding more hate like this crap is really uncalled for. Its disgusting.

mdklatt
6/27/2005, 06:52 PM
I think the Christians on the wrong end of a suicide bomber in Lebannon, Israel and the crackdowns that have happened in countries such as China and other places might disagree with your statement.

I doubt it--I said "in this country". There's no need to look abroad when we have plenty of intolerance around here.

imjebus
6/28/2005, 09:02 AM

And blaming all hate and murder against gays on Christians is sterotyping plain and simple. This is not Christian, this is evil.

However, your right. There are crazy *******s in general. Its sad really. But adding more hate like this crap is really uncalled for. Its disgusting.

And all the bull**** you post isn't hate speech, you only call it hate when its against your beliefs.

imjebus
6/28/2005, 09:06 AM
Nice.

This is hate speach and bigotry, and should be treated as such.

Then treat it as hate speach I don't give a f*ck what YOU do. :rolleyes:

Fugue
6/28/2005, 09:13 AM
my cup of coffee was poorly made and very unsatisfying. :mad:

Fugue
6/28/2005, 09:26 AM
I killed it.

d'oh

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 09:46 AM
And all the bull**** you post isn't hate speech, you only call it hate when its against your beliefs.

Please, show me where I have done this?

And yes, this is hateful and disrespectful to the MANY people who read this forum that are religious. In fact, just replace the word religious in that article with Jew.

That article is totally uncalled for, and its disgusting anyone would post such BS.

In fact, its disgusting that anyone would actually write this nonsense as well.

imjebus
6/28/2005, 09:48 AM
my cup of coffee was poorly made and very unsatisfying. :mad:

Coffee is the sperm of the devil.... :eek:

mdklatt
6/28/2005, 09:50 AM
That article is totally uncalled for, and its disgusting anyone would post such BS.

If it wasn't for the Second Ammendment somebody couldn't have put a gun to your head to make you read that article against your will. What? That didn't happen? You read it on purpose knowing it would **** you off?

Being offended is a choice in more ways than one.

imjebus
6/28/2005, 09:50 AM
Please, show me where I have done this?

And yes, this is hateful and disrespectful to the MANY people who read this forum that are religious. In fact, just replace the word religious in that article with Jew.

Everything you disagree with is disgusting. I don't care if you think it is nonsense, actually some people on here could read it and agree with some of it. It's called an open mind, I didn't put it out there and say this is the truth live by it, but I also can't deny that it has points. If you want to deny it fine..

Fugue
6/28/2005, 09:51 AM
Coffee is the sperm of the devil.... :eek:

probably your coffee someday.

bada bang

Is bad coffee a level of hell? I know that what coffee does to my gut is a level.

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 09:54 AM
If it wasn't for the Second Ammendment somebody couldn't have put a gun to your head to make you read that article against your will. What? That didn't happen? You read it on purpose knowing it would **** you off?

Being offended is a choice in more ways than one.

It didn't **** me off, it actually made me laugh, thinking that someone is actually this stupid.

Then, it made me sad to think that such hate for people exists. This article is a great example of pure hate.

And then to think someone actually would post it on soonerfans.

Truly sad sad stuff.

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 09:57 AM
I don't care if you think it is nonsense, actually some people on here could read it and agree with some of it. It's called an open mind

Right. Gotcha.

Putting down people with insults, slander and sterotypes is "an open mind".

:rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 09:58 AM
On a personal level, religiosity is merely annoying—like pop music or reality television. This immaturity represents a significant social problem, however, because religious adherents fail to recognize their limitations. So, in the name of their faith, these moral retards are running around pointing fingers and doing real harm to others. One only has to read the newspaper to see the results of their handiwork. They discriminate, exclude and belittle. They make a virtue of closed-mindedness and virulent ignorance. They are an ugly, violent lot.

Moral Retards?

What a great example of being "open minded"!!

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 10:03 AM
I wonder whats next on the "I hate religous people" reading club?

I'm sure this would fit just nicely (although, i admit, would never read such trash)...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0395925037/104-7328961-1252751?v=glance

imjebus
6/28/2005, 10:08 AM
I wonder whats next on the "I hate religous people reading" club?

I'm sure this would fit just nicely (although, i admit, would never read such trash)...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0395925037/104-7328961-1252751?v=glance

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 10:15 AM
well, thats what us "moral retards" do, ya know?

yermom
6/28/2005, 10:24 AM
so now jebus is a Nazi?

imjebus
6/28/2005, 10:27 AM
so now jebus is a Nazi?

It's funny how a liberal makes that comparison and all hell breaks loose but it seems to be appropriate somehow when tuba makes it... :rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 10:27 AM
Take jebus's beloved article and just replace every word of religious with Jew.

I think that will answer your question.

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 10:29 AM
It's funny how a liberal makes that comparison and all hell breaks loose but it seems to be appropriate somehow when tuba makes it... :rolleyes:

Well, theres this little issue of me not posting hate speech against "religious" or "moral retards", which includes Jews, Christians, Muslims, etc.

And well, you did.

imjebus
6/28/2005, 10:45 AM
Well, theres this little issue of me not posting hate speech against "religious" or "moral retards", which includes Jews, Christians, Muslims, etc.

And well, you did.

Why is it hate speech when I do it but freedom of speech when you do it?Why is it ok to openly mock and put down liberals, democrats, & gay's but it's wrong to say anything that questions religion?

You want everyone to see the idiocy in the liberals why is it a sin for me to throw an article out that points out the idiocy in religion?

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 10:56 AM
Sorry, yet again you don't seem to understand the obvious.

See, theres just a little difference between, say, calling the liberal establishment anti-american for calling our troops nazis and soviet mass murderes,

and

saying all religous people are "moral retards" and saying we'd be better off if they didn't exist.

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 11:00 AM
Oh, and hate speech IS NOT covered by freedom of speech.

In fact, one could say this article is actually slander, and should be treated as such.

Non such crap has ever been posted my me.

Thats another HUGE difference you don't seem to understand either.

imjebus
6/28/2005, 11:08 AM
Oh, and hate speech IS NOT covered by freedom of speech.

In fact, one could say this article is actually slander, and should be treated as such.

Non such crap has ever been posted my me.

Thats another HUGE difference you don't seem to understand either.

You say potatoe I say STFU.....

DCSooner
6/28/2005, 11:10 AM
INTL

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 11:22 AM
You say potatoe I say STFU.....

Can't keep up huh?

Can't say I am that surprised really, considering you can't actually form any sort of logical or rational argument defending your beloved hate article.

Of course the fact that you posted this article in the first place says a lot.

imjebus
6/28/2005, 11:26 AM
Can't keep up huh?

Can't say I am that surprised really, considering you can't actually form any sort of logical or rational argument defending your beloved hate article.

Of course the fact that you posted this article in the first place says a lot.

You don't respond to logical or rational argument, because your belief's are not based on logic.

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 11:35 AM
Rational and logical argument like, say, calling all people who are relgious "moral retards" and stupid, and saying the world would be better off if they were just....gone?

Thats a REAL rational and logical argument right there.

imjebus
6/28/2005, 11:47 AM
Rational and logical argument like, say, calling all people who are relgious "moral retards" and stupid, and saying the world would be better off if they were just....gone?

Thats a REAL rational and logical argument right there.

And yours comparing it to Hitler. :confused:

Dude I have no problem saying you and I disagree, but you slam me for posting hate speech when you are the king of hate...

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 12:52 PM
And yours comparing it to Hitler. :confused:

Please, tell me how your beloved facist hate article trying to slander people of faith as "moral retards" and saying the world would be better off without them is any different than what hitler wrote or any other hate speech?

Its the same thing.

You will never/nor have you ever seen this kind of hate filled bigot venom coming from me. Never.

imjebus
6/28/2005, 01:38 PM
Please, tell me how your beloved facist hate article trying to slander people of faith as "moral retards" and saying the world would be better off without them is any different than what hitler wrote or any other hate speech?

Its the same thing.

You will never/nor have you ever seen this kind of hate filled bigot venom coming from me. Never.

Talking with you is like masturbating with a cheese grater, it's just f'n painfull... thats it...painfull :rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
6/28/2005, 01:47 PM
It hurts trying to think, huh?

critical_phil
6/28/2005, 04:21 PM
..... Go ahead, give your pittance to the church, as they build a higher steeple and the preacher buys a bigger house and his wife takes more lavish vacations. Go ahead.

where do i start?

my father gave up an engineering job with the FAA to enter the ministry when i was a kid.

btw, i grew up in a 1000 sq. ft. house with 1 bathroom and shared a room with my brother until the day i moved out.

if you're humble enough to say i don't know, then why don't you leave it at that. if you don't know, no further commentary is needed.

with no due respect, nice first post *******.

imjebus
6/28/2005, 04:41 PM
where do i start?

my father gave up an engineering job with the FAA to enter the ministry when i was a kid.

btw, i grew up in a 1000 sq. ft. house with 1 bathroom and shared a room with my brother until the day i moved out.

if you're humble enough to say i don't know, then why don't you leave it at that. if you don't know, no further commentary is needed.

with no due respect, nice first post *******.

Props to your dad for doing what he felt was right. I applaud that, I really do. Although I disagree with alot of what religion is about, I do admire the people who put their hearts and souls completely into it.

Unfortunately I start a **** storm by even questioning religion on this board, it's not meant to offend anyone, just offer another perspective. I listen to christian radio and read a ton of religious material because I want to know why people believe the way they do. I don't mean to ever mock it and thats not what I was doing by posting this article.

THE RIGHT WAY, come on man, the whole preacher using the church for his own personal gain thing... While it does happen, it is not the norm, and to even suggest that it is, is well....stupid. The people that chose to live in service to a god or a church or a country should be respected, even if I don't agree.

"There is no death, life is just a dream and you are the imagination of yourself"

bill hicks

yermom
6/28/2005, 04:49 PM
it would take a lot of good people to undo the damage caused by the Jim Bakkers and Jimmy Swaggarts of the world on the image of organized religion, at least to me

(no that isn't my only basis, just examples)

soonerscuba
6/28/2005, 05:27 PM
Good Jesus people, who cares? Yermom, hit us with some Hasselhoff.

critical_phil
6/28/2005, 05:36 PM
i think yermom and :dolemite: are, ummm, busy........

http://www.creepo.net/albums/album06/hasselhoff.sized.jpg

yermom
6/28/2005, 07:26 PM
Good Jesus people, who cares? Yermom, hit us with some Hasselhoff.

you're starting to like it aren't you?

http://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gifhttp://img39.echo.cx/img39/2655/200105b4ht.gif