PDA

View Full Version : Toby Keiths new bar/restaurant.

OU Adonis
6/24/2005, 12:32 PM
Anyone stop by this place yet? I am definately not country and I don't do the whole country bar thing but I thought about stopping by sometime and checking it out.

SeattleOUstudent
6/24/2005, 12:46 PM
hot waitresses, from what I hear. This alone might make it worth checking out at least once.

Soonrboy
6/24/2005, 12:49 PM
I'm thinking, wait about a month, let them work the kinks out...then go.

Sooner in Tampa
6/24/2005, 12:52 PM
hot waitresses, from what I hear. This alone might make it worth checking out at least once.http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0621/4634823.jpg

Boarder
6/24/2005, 12:59 PM
I will not be patronizing this establishment.

Sooner in Tampa
6/24/2005, 01:02 PM
I will not be patronizing this establishment.:confused:

Rhino
6/24/2005, 01:07 PM
Boarder doesn't like Toby much. He likes him better than OSU though.

I drove by there on Wednesday. They opened at 3pm. By 5:15pm, there was still a line stretching to the movie theatre. Retarded.

I might check it out in six months or so.

Partial Qualifier
6/24/2005, 01:15 PM
I drove by there on Wednesday. They opened at 3pm. By 5:15pm, there was still a line stretching to the movie theatre. Retarded.

Ah yes.. the Krispy Kreme Phenomenon.

OklahomaTrombone
6/24/2005, 01:21 PM
I wonder if its like Billy Sim's BBQ, where every single person that comes in asks.."Is Billy here?"

OU Adonis
6/24/2005, 01:24 PM
Boarder doesn't like Toby much. He likes him better than OSU though.

Hey whats up Rhino, hows your sis doing? I haven't talked to her in forever.

C&CDean
Unlike the snobbish Boarder, I actually kind of like Toby Keith. It's taken me a few years, but he's aight. I'm not much on country music, but I like the fact that Toby writes most of his own stuff (unlike 95% of country artists), and he pretty much thumbs his nose at people/institutions he doesn't like. And he's a Sooner.

His "I love this bar" show at the Ford Center a few months ago was pretty dang good. Of course the copious amounts of free Crown, beer, and munchies might have influenced it a little.

OU Adonis
Yeah, I don't think I will stand in line for a country bar. I was just curious.

Now, I do want to check out the hot waitresses.. :)

Sooner in Tampa
6/24/2005, 01:26 PM
Unlike the snobbish Boarder, I actually kind of like Toby Keith. It's taken me a few years, but he's aight. I'm not much on country music, but I like the fact that Toby writes most of his own stuff (unlike 95% of country artists), and he pretty much thumbs his nose at people/institutions he doesn't like. And he's a Sooner.

His "I love this bar" show at the Ford Center a few months ago was pretty dang good. Of course the copious amounts of free Crown, beer, and munchies might have influenced it a little.I also love the fact that anybody who goes to his place and shows a military ID gets a free cheeseburger, fries, and a coke.:D

Boarder
6/24/2005, 01:33 PM
snobbish Boarder. I like that. :D

This place is on my Eskimo Joe's/Hideaway Pizza/Jimmy Johnson's 3 Rings list.

6/24/2005, 01:36 PM
I hear the wait staff are attractive after 11:00 p.m., but they all have buck-teeth and sing like goats.

JohnnyMack
6/24/2005, 01:38 PM
What is it? Where it at?

Rhino
6/24/2005, 01:44 PM
What is it? Where it at? Restaurant/bar/music venue. Bricktown.

Rhino
6/24/2005, 01:45 PM
Hey whats up Rhino, hows your sis doing? I haven't talked to her in forever. She's doing good. Closed on her house Wednesday.

She still checks the board here and there.

C&CDean
6/24/2005, 01:47 PM
snobbish Boarder. I like that. :D

This place is on my Eskimo Joe's/Hideaway Pizza/Jimmy Johnson's 3 Rings list.

Those three all make sense. They're agroid establishments.

You just hate Toby cause he's a

"FORD TRUCK MAAAHHHN, THAT's WHAT HE DRIIIIIIEEVVEES, HE DON'T GOT NO BOUNDARIES, NO COMPROMIIISEE, HE'D RATHER WALK 10 MILES AND BE DOWN ON HIS LUCK, THAN TO RIDE AROUND TOWN IN ANOTHER KINDA PICKUP TRUCK."

critical_phil
6/24/2005, 01:48 PM
I will not be patronizing this establishment.

still holding out for Steve Perry's bar and grill ???????

Rhino
6/24/2005, 01:49 PM
I knew Dean watched TV.

C&CDean
6/24/2005, 01:50 PM
I knew Dean watched TV.

Radio dude, radio.

Rhino
6/24/2005, 02:06 PM
You can't fool me.

C&CDean
6/24/2005, 02:10 PM
Heh.

Will & Grace rocks my world.

OU Adonis
6/24/2005, 02:22 PM
Heh.

Will & Grace rocks my world.
My image of C&CD hath been crushed.

Boarder
6/24/2005, 02:55 PM
MY EYES!!!1!!!

Dio
6/24/2005, 04:04 PM
still holding out for Steve Perry's bar and grill ???????

I said, no more Journey psych-outs!

fesperman58
6/24/2005, 04:05 PM
I was sort of thinking about going tonight then I got to thinking about how long the line would be.

By the way I really don't like Toby Keith, just thought this place might be cool.

StoopTroup
6/24/2005, 04:08 PM
If you complain about the food....

Does Toby come out and kick your a$$ and ask "How do you like me now?"

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/24/2005, 04:17 PM
Complain about the food and then the waitress sings

"I'll put a boot in your ***. . ."

TopDaugIn2000
6/24/2005, 04:30 PM
I don't ever plan on setting foot in that place. Thanks anyway.

C&CDean
6/24/2005, 04:38 PM
I don't ever plan on setting foot in that place. Thanks anyway.

I think Toby will do just fine without you and Boarder's patronage. Thanks anyhow.

Mjcpr
6/24/2005, 04:40 PM
I think Toby will do just fine without you and Boarder's patronage. Thanks anyhow.
Word! I don't get all the TK hatin'. He seems like a really good guy, he's doing business where he's from, he puts his money where his mouth is and he's a huge Sooner fan.

I dont' get it.

fesperman58
6/24/2005, 04:42 PM
I think it's the whole making money off of our soldiers thing....over and over and over.

Mjcpr
6/24/2005, 04:43 PM
I think it's the whole making money off of our soldiers thing....over and over and over.
I was unaware of this top secret information.

C&CDean
6/24/2005, 04:44 PM

You're kidding, right?

C&CDean
6/24/2005, 04:46 PM
Oh wait, he writes songs about America, travels to ****hole places to play them for the troops, and supports our president. Tells ****s like the Dixie Chicks to go cunnilingus themselves and loves the Sooners.

****er. What a POS.

fesperman58
6/24/2005, 04:52 PM
Oh wait, he writes songs about America, travels to ****hole places to play them for the troops, and supports our president. Tells ****s like the Dixie Chicks to go cunnilingus themselves and loves the Sooners.

****er. What a POS.
....and how much money has he made off of people like you doing it? I'm not saying that he's not sincere (hell I completely agree with his ideals) but when one song after another keeps coming out on the radio about it, to me it's pretty obvious what he's doing.

Mjcpr
6/24/2005, 04:52 PM

****er. What a POS.
Yeah, bitches.

Mjcpr
6/24/2005, 04:54 PM
....and how much money has he made off of people like you doing it? I'm not saying that he's not sincere (hell I completely agree with his ideals) but when one song after another keeps coming out on the radio about it, to me it's pretty obvious what he's doing.
Maybe to a cynic. I have no doubt he supports the troops 100% and isn't in it to make money off of them....I'm sure he had plenty of that prior to the Iraq invasion. His dad was in the service and injured....I think that's probably where some of his support comes from.

Fugue
6/24/2005, 04:55 PM

really, not trying to be an *** but you are kidding right?

6/24/2005, 04:56 PM
Tells ****s like the Dixie Chicks to go cunnilingus themselves...

Dean grates on me from time to time, but that's funny right there.:D

C&CDean
6/24/2005, 04:56 PM

He's never made a dime off me. I've never bought his stuff, and I attended his concert for free.

And exactly how many songs constitute "one coming out after the other?"

There's a whole bunch of ****house bar lovin' songs too.

StoopTroup
6/24/2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah and that Bob Hope guy...another guy who just kept tootin his own horn at our expense....;)

Comon' folks...there are a lot worse people than TK out there...

We should be embracing people like him IMO...

One quick look at this...
http://images.usatoday.com/life/columnist/popcandy/2003-11-24-jacko.jpg

...should realy change your opinion IMO...:D

batonrougesooner
6/24/2005, 05:17 PM

Making money is bad.

Do you get paid for what you do?

Just asking. :(

soonerscuba
6/24/2005, 05:19 PM
I really just think he is annoying and presents a bad image of Oklahoma, but if he entertains the troops good for him, and I certainly don't mind the dollars he will make OKC. I agree with Dean, he will be just fine without me, boaders, and TD2000's bidness.

fesperman58
6/24/2005, 05:22 PM
Making money is bad.

Do you get paid for what you do?

Just asking. :(
Making money is great. I always have said that I'm all for clothes designers that charge $120 for a button up shirt and actually get people to but it...all I'm saying is that I'm not going to buy it.

Cam
6/24/2005, 08:35 PM
I really just think he is annoying and presents a bad image of Oklahoma. I'd really like to hear the explination on this one.

soonerscuba
6/24/2005, 08:49 PM
I'd really like to hear the explination on this one.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/soonerscuba/TOBY20KEITH20720copy.jpg

surely you don't need a further explanation.

Cam
6/24/2005, 08:52 PM

surely you don't need a further explanation. Been to Oklahoma much?

TopDaugIn2000
6/24/2005, 08:52 PM

AMEN! I second that.

Cam
6/24/2005, 08:54 PM
At least half of the males in OUr state look like that. If you don't think so, you need to get out of OKC and Tulsa a little more.

It's not an insult, it's Midwest reality.

IR4OU
6/24/2005, 09:07 PM
I wonder if its like Billy Sim's BBQ, where every single person that comes in asks.."Is Billy here?"

Only bad thing about BS's BBQ is that it's dry!

You get allot for the price but I can't stand dry Brisket.

IR4OU
6/24/2005, 09:08 PM

You from Boston mAss or Wonderland?

Soonrboy
6/24/2005, 09:17 PM
Drive by his house at the corner of 36th and Franklin Road sometimes...he ain't worried about the loss of your 25 dollar dinner.

Toby's songs are fun...plus he's a huge sooner fan. don't hate.

soonerscuba
6/24/2005, 09:18 PM
You from Boston mAss or Wonderland?
Tulsa, and I have also never worn a cutoff and/or a cowboy hat. Not to mention I really don't know anyone who does.

StoopTroup
6/24/2005, 09:19 PM
I'm gonna go put on my Wifebeater right now...

IR4OU
6/24/2005, 09:21 PM
Tulsa, and I have also never worn a cutoff and/or a cowboy hat. Not to mention I really don't know anyone who does.

Wild chit ... I have lived here for 37 years and see many fruits wearing just that.

Soonrboy
6/24/2005, 09:22 PM
You never wore cut-off jeans? Never? wow.

StoopTroup
6/24/2005, 09:23 PM
http://www.3bruces.com/images/alwifebeater.jpg

Boarder
6/24/2005, 11:19 PM
For the record, I wouldn't go to Garth Brooks' House of Eats, either.

If you don't think TK is annoying, it'd be pretty tough to annoy you.

Him showing up and ruining the Van Halen concert was the last straw.

And the Furd Truck Man thing sure don't help a lot.

IR4OU
6/24/2005, 11:45 PM
For the record, I wouldn't go to Garth Brooks' House of Eats, either.

If you don't think TK is annoying, it'd be pretty tough to annoy you.

Him showing up and ruining the Van Halen concert was the last straw.

And the Furd Truck Man thing sure don't help a lot.

Furd owns joo!

TUSooner
6/24/2005, 11:47 PM
Toby Keith used to live across the street from my aunt. Somehow, that makes me better 'n you.

I got nuthin

Taxman71
6/25/2005, 08:13 AM
Unless someone has had one-on-one encounters with TK, I just don't understand the hatin.....

First, that pic is TK in stage clothes and is basically the same as every other country artist's outfit right now (except George Strait). I have seen TK at at least 15 OU basketball games the last couple of years and he never wears anything remotely similar to that.

Second, TK has had two "patriotic" songs - "Courtesy of the RW&B" and "American Soldier". The other 150 songs are about drinking. So who's against the USA and drinking? Besides, that is only one more patriotic song that Elton John, Lee Greenwood, James Brown and Neil Diamond. Geesh, turn on your heart light.

Face it, other than Switzer, TK is the most famous Oklahoma resident in the year 2005. The fact that he chooses to keep his family and $$ here (which is inconvenient to say the least for someone in his industry) says alot about him. The fact that he throws so much of it at OU (personal attendance and $$) seals the deal for me.

Beef
6/25/2005, 08:44 AM
They're coming to America. TODAY!

Boarder
6/25/2005, 08:56 AM
If you must know, I did meet him before he became Mr Big Star. It was when he played Chastain's in OKC all the time. Mega ultra jerk. Reminded me of a typical arrogant redneck. So, I don't have a good opinion from right there. I'm not a country fan at all and his songs annoy me, too.

Couple that with I never saw him around OU until 2001 (Spring of 2001, after the NC) and now you ALWAYS see him ticking around. He may have been there, but you sure rarely saw it. Can't miss it now.

And, the fact he's every freaking where now. If you take something you don't like in the first place and then have it everywhere in your face all the time...you may be able to understand why I don't care for the dude.

But hey, if you want to go to his new place, have at it. I won't be offended.

StoopTroup
6/25/2005, 09:06 AM
Maybe Toby has seen the error of his old ways.

Maybe he's decided that the other States aren't really what he'd call "HOME".

Yeah lets chastise him and make him live in Palm Springs for the rest of his life instead of pouring some of his wealth back into the State of Oklahoma's thriving economy... :rolleyes:

What an a-hole he is for being supportive of his State... :rolleyes:

Boarder
6/25/2005, 09:11 AM
I don't see why tons of stars don't live in Oklahoma. The only thing missing is a big time nightlife. Other than that, you can do all kinds of stuff for way less money than anywhere else.

Wasn't there a part of the article saying how there's going to be an "I love this bar" in every Harrah's?

If you like Toby, more power to you, but I don't care for him and I provided an explanation. Just liek him and go on, I won't be offended. But I'm not going to start liking him just because someone else does. Kind of like soccer.

StoopTroup
6/25/2005, 09:17 AM
Boader....

It's not like I'm neg spekin' you for your opinion...I just think the guys good for Oklahoma...

If he builds his own "Neverland" then I'll change my opinion....lol

Cam
6/25/2005, 04:17 PM
I don't see why tons of stars don't live in Oklahoma. The only thing missing is a big time nightlife. Other than that, you can do all kinds of stuff for way less money than anywhere else.

Wasn't there a part of the article saying how there's going to be an "I love this bar" in every Harrah's?

If you like Toby, more power to you, but I don't care for him and I provided an explanation. Just liek him and go on, I won't be offended. But I'm not going to start liking him just because someone else does. Kind of like soccer. That's it dude, we're boxing next tailgate. Or, the next time I need tires. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
6/25/2005, 10:15 PM
If he builds his own "Neverland" then I'll change my opinion....lol

He does own a nice spread of land in N. Norman, 'cept most of it is tailored for horses, not minors of the male gender.

soonerscuba
6/26/2005, 12:21 AM
okay, I give in, TK > MJ, happy?

critical_phil
6/26/2005, 12:26 AM
Couple that with I never saw him around OU until 2001 (Spring of 2001, after the NC) and now you ALWAYS see him ticking around. He may have been there, but you sure rarely saw it..

didn't he break his leg playing in the alumni game in about 1994???

Taxman71
6/27/2005, 08:39 AM
didn't he break his leg playing in the alumni game in about 1994???

That was a break of Joe Theismann proportions with the foot facing the wrong direction.

Plus, I think TK's public appearances in Norman coincided with him leaving his old record label (around 1999) and gaining more freedom over his music, touring, etc.

Not everybody likes TK, especially those like Boarder who have had bad personal encounters with him. But, he is a great thing for the state of Oklahoma and OU undoubtedly.

Heck, I even know Sooner fans who don't like Switzer Has something to do with ex-wives/girlfriends and business dealings.

C&CDean
6/27/2005, 08:49 AM

I've got that exact same shirt. And probably 15 more like it. T-shirts with the sleeves cut off too. When it's 98 degrees, and you're out working, it just makes sense. Plus, nobody likes a farmer tan.

And what do you wear? Calvin Kleins? Baggy pants with your drawers sticking out? Pink suits? Abercrombie?

If you're ashamed of us no-sleeve wearin' muh****ahs, may I suggest that you leave the state? Out to calafornee, hills, swimmin' pools, movie stars......

OU Adonis
6/27/2005, 09:11 AM
Anyone that brings recognition to Oklahoma is OK by my book. I am not country at all but I like TK just because he is proud to be from Oklahoma. There are too many people out there who want to dispresct this state.

Rhino
6/27/2005, 09:50 AM
Anyone that brings recognition to Oklahoma is OK by my book. Timothy McVeigh brought recognition to Oklahoma.
Patrick Sherrill brought recognition to Oklahoma.
Zacarias Moussaoui and Hussain Al-Attas brought recognition to Oklahoma.

I hope they're not OK in your book.

Before the Toby Keith fanatics jump on me, I'm not comparing him to these people. I'm just saying that recognition is not always a good thing.

Mjcpr
6/27/2005, 09:53 AM
Timothy McVeigh brought recognition to Oklahoma.

Before the Toby Keith fanatics jump on me, I'm not comparing him to these people. I'm just saying that recognition is not always a good thing.
I can't believe anybody would compare TK to Timothy McVeigh.

Taxman71
6/27/2005, 10:32 AM
This thread just took a major turn for the worse.

olevetonahill
6/27/2005, 11:07 AM
Timothy McVeigh brought recognition to Oklahoma.

I know who and what the 1st name was .
But who in hell are the others ?
And No i dont watch tv. my satilite gets turned off after our bowl game , then back on befor the start of the season :D

Sooner in Tampa
6/27/2005, 11:19 AM
I find it very hard to beileve that someone would actually have a bone pick with TK...I have met him and seemed like a REALLY cool dude...we rapped about OU basketball (it was in season) and he thanked me for my service to the country...he gave me a real warm genuine nice guy hand shake too.

This is guy who keeps a TON of his money in Oklahoma, and he does whatever he can for the state...He was one of the first to start organizing a concert after the OKC bombing...damn people...some of you dislike him just because of his attire...:rolleyes: pretty shallow!

Nobody says that you have to like him...just don't bring him down.

Jimminy Crimson
6/27/2005, 11:19 AM
Anyone that brings recognition to Oklahoma is OK by my book.

I would have to assume he meant positive recognition to Oklahoma.

Rhino
6/27/2005, 11:24 AM
Sherrill - Ever heard the term "going postal"? He's the first postal worker to go "postal". (Edmond, 1986)

Moussaoui - The hijacker that couldn't. Attended flight training courses in Norman, but couldn't pass. He is the only person in the U.S. to have been charged in connection with the September 11 attacks.

Al-Attas - Moussaoui's roommate in Norman. Repeatedly lied to investigators about Moussaoui, as well as his knowledge of the plans for the September 11 attacks.

olevetonahill
6/27/2005, 11:29 AM
Sherrill - Ever heard the term "going postal"? He's the first postal worker to go "postal". (Edmond, 1986)

Moussaoui - The hijacker that couldn't. Attended flight training courses in Norman, but couldn't pass. He is the only person in the U.S. to have been charged in connection with the September 11 attacks.

Al-Attas - Moussaoui's roommate in Norman. Repeatedly lied to investigators about Moussaoui, as well as his knowledge of the plans for the September 11 attacks.
Yep I remember reading about em in the paper now . Thanks
My television really hasnt been on since right after the game of which we dont speak :)

Rhino
6/27/2005, 11:30 AM
I find it very hard to beileve that someone would actually have a bone pick with TK...I have met him and seemed like a REALLY cool dude...we rapped about OU basketball (it was in season) and he thanked me for my service to the country...he gave me a real warm genuine nice guy hand shake too.

This is guy who keeps a TON of his money in Oklahoma, and he does whatever he can for the state...He was one of the first to start organizing a concert after the OKC bombing...damn people...some of you dislike him just because of his attire...:rolleyes: pretty shallow!

Nobody says that you have to like him...just don't bring him down. The only time I met him, he was pretty shrugoff-ish but I can't blame him. He was being bombarded with idiots.

I dislike a lot of people simply because their attire (ie. OSU, Texas, Kansas State fans).

I would have to assume he meant positive recognition to Oklahoma. There ya go.

Sooner in Tampa
6/27/2005, 11:39 AM
I dislike a lot of people simply because their attire (ie. OSU, Texas, Kansas State fans).

There ya go.Touche...you got me there:O

1stTimeCaller
7/7/2005, 12:10 PM
OK, the restaurant is Hal Smith's, Hal is just using Toby's name for publicity and to decorate with. Yes, Toby is a partner but not a majority partner. I ate there with my brother & SIL and the food is very good but they seem to be proud of it $$$. Great atmosphere and great food. To heck with waiting on a table grab a booth at the bar.

Rhino
7/7/2005, 12:12 PM
Sounds about right. Hal's done the same with Louie's and Al's.

Petro-Sooner
7/7/2005, 12:50 PM
I wasnt too impressed with Al's food.
Is this is same guy that owns Pearls?

1stTimeCaller
7/7/2005, 12:53 PM
yep

Rhino
7/7/2005, 01:11 PM
..and Charleston's. And I believe he has some involvement with Red Rock.

Back when the Blackeyed Pea restaurants closed down, he bought up the land of the one in Norman and made some bank when Joe's Crab Shack bought it from him.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/7/2005, 01:42 PM
Czar, VK and I had drinks at their patio bar on Saturday. The decor was ok inside. The margaritas were decent. They got the ones with cabo wabo (?) tequila in them. Our tab for 4 margaritas and a coke was like $30 with tip I think. Not sure, Czar paid. They did charge me $2 for coke though. There is no way in hell I would wait in line 3 hrs though.

GDC
6/16/2006, 04:38 PM
There sure was a lot of hot trim there last night, but the food gave me gas.

walkoffsooner
6/16/2006, 05:01 PM
Never was a big fan of his music.But met him at a baseball game at OU seemed like a nice guy. I ate at his restaurant. Chicken fry pretty good ate on it for 3 days.