6/21/2005, 06:48 PM
no link yet, I'm working on it.

KC//CRIMSON
6/21/2005, 06:53 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1014

kelloggOUballa
6/21/2005, 06:57 PM
Brandon Rush, Mt. Zion Academy (NC), 6-6, SG HS Senior
According to the Edward Robinson from the News & Observer, Rush pulled his name out of the draft at the deadline. Rush worked out for the Houston Rockets today and was hoping to get some type of guarantee from an NBA team for next year, possibly the Toronto Raptors. This is according to his high school coach. He actually is eligible for college should he decide to take that route, but needs to pick between Junior College and a high major school.

kelloggOUballa
6/21/2005, 07:07 PM
Martellus Bennett is pulling out as well and will play football and basketball for Texas A&M.

Sooner04
6/21/2005, 07:57 PM
If Rush is out of the draft..............then by process of elimination...........

PrideTrombone
6/21/2005, 08:06 PM
"Future Oklahoma Transfer Brandon Rush" has a nice ring to it. :D

badger
6/22/2005, 03:49 PM
"Pride of Oklahoma Martyr?!" You've gotta be kidding me. No, you've got to be ******* me. You're not dead, nor were there any murder-death-kill attempts.

But anyways, does this mean he's not coming to OU next season? Is he ineligible? Considering the route his brothers took, I see him eyeballing the NBA the instant he's guaranteed to get drafted. As that is not the case right now, he did the right thing by pulling out.

PrideTrombone
6/22/2005, 10:52 PM
"Pride of Oklahoma Martyr?!" You've gotta be kidding me. No, you've got to be ******* me. You're not dead, nor were there any murder-death-kill attempts.

Oh no, it's the hyperbole police out to get me.

GottaHavePride
6/22/2005, 11:11 PM
Not quite, but close...

badger
6/23/2005, 08:02 AM
I stole that M-D-K phrase from Demolition Man... if "Gunnery Sgt. Hartman" doesn't work out, you could go by that :)

just kidding. i found the martyrdom amusing. I have never done any hyperbole, nor message board policing, no worries.

boomersooner28
6/23/2005, 12:38 PM
DO says that he is leaning toward OU over Illinois! :D

http://newsok.com/article/1533740/?template=sports/main

Salt City Sooner
6/23/2005, 01:33 PM
Unless the articles I've read are extremely misleading (which, to give him the benefit of the doubt, is entirely possible) about his attitude, I want NO part of him. If he's being portrayed accurately, he's so I,I,I,me,me,me, it's ridiculous. We've already got a team that's expected to contend for the NC this year & IMO there's nothing that can wreck the chemistry of a team faster than that type of player. FWIW, I hope I'm WAY wrong about his attitude, because he is a talented player who could contribute significantly. The one & done thing doesn't necessarily bother me because if he's good enough to go league after one year, more power to him. It's how he approaches that one year that I'm interested in.

boomersooner28
6/24/2005, 12:27 PM
I concur. The more articles I read, the more I want nothing to do with this kid at all. He is me, me, me. It seems as though he wants his college team to give him the ball every time down the floor and get out of the way...let him average 40 points a game while in college, so he can be the #1 pick in the NBA draft and make millions. Screw that! I don't see Sampson kissing his arse and I definitely don't see how Rush could fit into Sampson's system (it takes work)....so, good luck Brandon, wherever you play!

TopDawg
6/24/2005, 01:44 PM
Has anybody else seen this quote from his high school coach? I just heard about it on the radio but apparently it's in today's Oklahoman. Something like "It's not about national championships. It's about finding a place where he can win a few games and put up some great numbers to increase his chances in the draft."

Thanks for the help, coach.

Mjcpr
6/24/2005, 01:58 PM
Has anybody else seen this quote from his high school coach? I just heard about it on the radio but apparently it's in today's Oklahoman. Something like "It's not about national championships. It's about finding a place where he can win a few games and put up some great numbers to increase his chances in the draft."

Thanks for the help, coach.
Nice. :rolleyes:

badger
6/24/2005, 04:22 PM
He is me, me, me.

Kelvin once took somebody's gatorade away and made them run when they brought a bottle of it into a practice gym. I'd like to see what he would do if a player showed ANY disrespect. He's probably Bobby Knight without all the media.

Brandon Rush: Hey Sampson.
Kelvin Sampson: MR. Sampson.
B Rush: Whatever.
(commence choking...and whipping with unlucky red tie)

badger
6/24/2005, 08:17 PM
EDITED BY NORM

"You have just received a cyber-finger in the *** on behalf of c3dlc2. That declares open battle of the fingers in the *** of the season 2005! Only one rule. You cannot attack somebody who has you already! Now... go ahead and doigtez as many people as you can, before they do it! c3dlc2 already caused 19,449 victims."

Y'know...that sounds really pointless, frenchy. Quite clever of you trying to putting everything in a different language, when in fact you can get it translated on the web in two seconds. Now... every neg spek him and move on... nothing to see at that link...

:mad:

soonerspiff
6/28/2005, 12:19 AM
At ouinsider.com they have a thread that says rush is going to IMG academy. No link, but it says that this is coming from Andy Katz. Just FYI.

If it's true, I say thank God. All Rush would've done was create a ton of drama the team doesn't need as it tries to put together a Final Four run.