PDA

View Full Version : un-Smashing the Pumpkins?

yermom
6/21/2005, 11:21 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050621/us_nm/people_corgan_dc

sounds kinda weird

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/21/2005, 11:23 AM
My, my, my, mine....

OklahomaTrombone
6/21/2005, 11:23 AM
If he continues with the late SP, count me out.

Rhino
6/21/2005, 11:30 AM
If James Iha isn't apart of it, I'm not interested. Considering Iha called Corgan a "****ing ****sucker" last year, I don't see it happening.

OUDoc
6/21/2005, 11:33 AM
They broke up?

KC//CRIMSON
6/21/2005, 11:39 AM
Ahhhh, there is a god. :cool:

Oldnslo
6/21/2005, 11:55 AM
Dude is one ego-stroking mofo.

Wasn't it the Smashing Pumpkins' PR person who said, "I'm leaving this position due to illness--I'm sick of working with Billy Corgan!"

colleyvillesooner
6/21/2005, 11:56 AM
Despite all my Rage, I stilllll just don't give a ****!

GottaHavePride
6/21/2005, 12:39 PM
I always thought the Smashing Pumpkins sucked. Mainly because of Billy Corgan. The guy can't sing.

KC//CRIMSON
6/21/2005, 12:58 PM
Dude is one ego-stroking mofo.

Wasn't it the Smashing Pumpkins' PR person who said, "I'm leaving this position due to illness--I'm sick of working with Billy Corgan!"

It was Sharon Osbourne, eh - no big loss.

Scott D
6/21/2005, 01:10 PM
heh...no way that Iha will ever go for this.

Rhino
6/21/2005, 01:13 PM
Here's the actual quote:

Sharon Osbourne's relationship with Corgan went sour when she dropped the Pumpkins as a client. The band filed suit against her in early 2000. At the time of the split, Sharon said in a statement: "It was with great pride and enthusiasm that I took on management of the Pumpkins back in October [1999], but unfortunately I must resign due to medical reasons...Billy Corgan was making me sick!!!"

SoonerWood
6/21/2005, 01:31 PM
They were dead to me after Siamese Dream. That and Gish were the pre-suck SP.

KC//CRIMSON
6/21/2005, 01:34 PM
Man, I'm building up quite the ****-list here.

silverwheels
6/21/2005, 01:34 PM
Very few things irritate me, and Billy Corgan's voice is one of them. Dude should not be a lead singer.

Scott D
6/21/2005, 01:39 PM
I wonder if Billy Corgan sits around with the lead singer of Marcy Playground and they talk about the good old days when they used to get beat up for their lunch money.

6/21/2005, 01:46 PM
Anyone remember the Gin Blossoms?

yermom
6/21/2005, 02:42 PM

they sucked

OUthunder
6/21/2005, 02:44 PM
Who in the hell are the Smashing Pumpkins?

KC//CRIMSON
6/21/2005, 04:30 PM
Strange.....just a week or two ago...

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1501186/05032005/corgan_billy.jhtml

and now:

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1504436/20050621/smashing_pumpkins.jhtml?headlines=true

KC//CRIMSON
4/11/2007, 04:43 PM
If James Iha isn't apart of it, I'm not interested. Considering Iha called Corgan a "****ing ****sucker" last year, I don't see it happening.

James Iha In a statement released by Rolling Stone magazine, James Iha declares:

"No, I’m not part of the current Smashing Pumpkins album or tour, I haven’t spoken to Billy in years. I’m writing for a solo record, which I’m going to record this year, and working on my indie label Scratchie Records."

RollingStone.com

That sucks. But you know what? I'm still a fan, I'm still buying the new cd, and I'm still going to see them in concert.:cool:

Scott D
4/11/2007, 05:11 PM
and it's still not going to be the Smashing Pumpkins..more like the Smashed Pumpkin featuring Billy ********** Corgan ;)

KC//CRIMSON
4/11/2007, 05:50 PM
and it's still not going to be the Smashing Pumpkins..more like the Smashed Pumpkin featuring Billy ********** Corgan ;)

There are some bands that just don't sound the same without certain members. I don't think the Smashing Pumpkins are one of them, imo.

Billy Corgan is the Smashing Pumpkins. He founded the band, wrote all the music, produced, and wrote the lyrics. D'arcy didn't even play bass on most of the stuff she was credited on. When you hear them play, all your really hearing musically anyway, is Billy and Jimmy.

Scott D
4/11/2007, 06:53 PM
I'm sure it's only a matter of time until Bizarro Billy alienates the fanbase ;)

TheUnnamedSooner
4/11/2007, 08:45 PM
It's 2007.... and Billy Corgan still sucks....

KC//CRIMSON
4/11/2007, 08:47 PM
It's 2007.... and Billy Corgan still sucks....

You mean like Metallica suck, or just plain suck? Big difference.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
4/12/2007, 08:03 AM

One of the worst f***ing bands ever!

KC//CRIMSON
5/10/2007, 11:17 PM
Smashing Pumpkins Robbed — Plus, Has New Lineup Already Been Revealed?

Two 21-year-olds nabbed for stealing photos, guitar picks from Chicago rehearsal space.

Smashing Pumpkins fans are eager to find out who is joining Billy Corgan and drummer Jimmy Chamberlin in the soon-to-relaunch group and to hear its upcoming reunion album, Zeitgeist. But a pair of 21-year-old men might have taken their fandom a bit too far over the weekend.

At the same time, MTV News reached out to the woman who has reportedly been tapped to be the new Pumpkins bassist and found out ... well, that we'll all find out who's joining Jimmy and Billy in a few weeks (see "Smashing Pumpkins Reunion Is Under Way, According To Sources" and "Smashing Pumpkins Drummer Offers More Clues About Forthcoming LP").

Joshua Kuhl of Madison, Wisconsin, and Simon Brown of Rockford, Illinois, allegedly broke into a Chicago rehearsal space being used by the Pumpkins on Friday night and made off with three guitar picks and 39 photographs that police suspect the men may have tried to sell online, according to Chicago Police Department spokesman Marcel Bright. The pair were arrested Monday and charged with felony burglary after other tenants of the building provided a description that led police to the suspects.

Bright did not know how many of the photos — which were briefly posted on Pumpkins fan site Netphoria.org — were discovered during the arrests. According to Netphoria webmaster Andrew Pakula, one of the two suspects posted the photos along with information about the theft. Among the allegedly pilfered shots that Bright said police suspect were slated for use in the album packaging and promotional materials are images of Paris Hilton posing in front of an exploding bomb, the grim reaper at a podium featuring the presidential seal with a black-and-white Pumpkins flag in the back, a person in a business suit wearing a devil mask while being crucified, five blond children saluting, a close-up of Corgan in a hoodie and another of him standing next to a topless woman.

The band's management released a statement on Tuesday confirming that the burglary had taken place. "The two people who are now in jail illegally gained access to the band's private space and stole various items belonging to them over the course of several hours while the band had left for the evening," the statement read. "The band's management says the group feels their rights have been violated by this crime and will always pursue their rights and the law to protect their property and the safety of themselves, their families and their fans."

A group spokesperson would not comment on what images were taken or what they were intended for.

A statement posted on Netphoria by the moderator confirmed that the photos were briefly available and chided the overzealous fans for crossing a line. "What this person did amounts to theft and [the] band takes this very seriously as does Netphoria. I know everyone here is hungry for more information on the new album but this is not the way to go about it. Nobody here should condone or be supportive of the actions this individual took. It is unfortunate that the person chose Netphoria to leak these stolen works. Netphoria has always been a free and open forum without hard censorship but obviously in a case like this a line was crossed and I will not tolerate actions like this which is why numerous posts and threads were deleted last night."

The shots were taken down at the band's request, according to the post. Brown and Kuhl appeared on Tuesday in bond court, where each was ordered to be held on $100,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court again on Monday. A court spokesperson was not able to confirm if the two were released on bond pending their next court date.

Kuhl and Brown don't appear to have divulged the biggest secret of all: Just who is in the Pumpkins these days? At South by Southwest in March, former guitarist James Iha confirmed to MTV News that he was not onboard, and original bassist D'arcy Wretzky has virtually disappeared since leaving the group in 1999.

The group's publicist, Mitch Schneider, said Pumpkins management has not yet confirmed the lineup to him, but the Chicago Tribune recently reported that the group's new bassist is Ginger Reyes (formerly of the Halo Friendlies) and Iha's replacement is Jeff Schroeder, guitarist for the obscure Southern California noise-pop band Lassie Foundation.

On Wednesday (May 9), MTV News reached Reyes — whose defunct girl-pop group is best known for landing the song "Me vs. the World" on the 2003 "Freaky Friday" soundtrack — to get confirmation that she's the new Pumpkins bassist. She said she couldn't comment but confirmed that she's still making music and that she might have something to say "in a few weeks." Schroeder could not be reached for comment.

Leaked Photos:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3104/one5oi0.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8765/one4ae0.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3285/one3vx6.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8719/one1qn6.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/wormboy0/zeitgeist3cf5.jpg

King Crimson
5/10/2007, 11:20 PM
forget the pumpkins, go buy a slint record. or DNA. or SWANS. or ****ing anything. Corgan has more to prove if he wants to make good music again than some pics of hot chicks and predictable "politics" and pop iconography any one on this board could do.

Tailwind
5/10/2007, 11:39 PM
Smashing what?

birddog
5/10/2007, 11:55 PM
i was excited to hear his solo album.

man, did that suck dog dookie.

soonerboomer93
5/10/2007, 11:57 PM
Gish was such a great album but you know, without James Iha and D'arcy (no, she's not the greatest bassist, but she part of the persona of the band) i'm just not hight on hearing a new album...

King Crimson
5/11/2007, 01:03 AM
slint: spiderland.

YWIA.

the onus is on Corgan to make a good record. not for fans to pony up.

soonerboomer93
5/11/2007, 01:22 AM
actually, that bull**** paris hilton pictures makes me very very sad

it's bad enough to she that **** on MSN everyday all the crap they put on the english channels trying to follow american pop culture. Now she's ****ing with my music...

King Crimson
5/11/2007, 01:25 AM
actually, that bull**** paris hilton pictures makes me very very sad

it's bad enough to she that **** on MSN everyday all the crap they put on the english channels trying to follow american pop culture. Now she's ****ing with my music...

no offense, but it's intended irony about her "exposure" and the bomb exploding as social comment...in juxtaposition. the overdone sexy war.

goingoneight
5/11/2007, 01:28 AM
What if Billy Corgan lost his car keys? (http://www.whatarerecords.com/stephen_lynch/keys/index.html)

soonerboomer93
5/11/2007, 01:29 AM
oh, i know what the juxtaposition is, but in reality they're just adding more exposure in the end. Being in that photo won't hurt her reputation or is any telling commentary to the people are sick of her. Basically the photo is meaning less and serves no true purpose except for publicity.

King Crimson
5/11/2007, 01:32 AM
oh, i know what the juxtaposition is, but in reality they're just adding more exposure in the end. Being in that photo won't hurt her reputation or is any telling commentary to the people are sick of her. Basically the photo is meaning less and serves no true purpose except for publicity.

sure. i think it's pretty weak and pretty obvious. i don't see Corgan is rocking my world with this image.

it serves more than mere publicity for Paris Hilton...it implies that she is savvy to her own exploitation (which she obviously works)....and gives her a "new" hip political and cultural edginess. she's down with the smashing P. which is of course stupid.

like i said before. when Corgan makes a good record, cool. but it's not on the fans to pony up for his ego project. undergrad art majors could put those photos together. whoop!

soonerboomer93
5/11/2007, 01:34 AM
yeah, but the problem is too many americans wouldn't know political edginess if it whipped out it's dick and smacked them upside the face...

our society is a culture of trends and what's "in"

KC//CRIMSON
5/19/2007, 12:51 PM
New art work and first single "Tarantula"

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/images/zeitcover.png

:cool: http://flv2mp3.com/delivery/done/1179523688_476783_785997.mp3:cool:

Dio
5/19/2007, 02:13 PM
You mean like Metallica suck, or just plain suck? Big difference.

Crazy thing is, the only time Metallica sucked was when they were trying to sound like the Smashing Pumpkins. :cool:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/697/reloadiy2.jpg

silverwheels
5/19/2007, 06:32 PM

Holy crap, I just had a flashback to that part of the 90's where everyone hated everything and wrote really crappy music to complain about it. Corgan should never make music again, or at least if he does he shouldn't be the lead singer of the band. He sounds like a cat getting a baseball bat shoved up its ***.

F-.

KC//CRIMSON
5/19/2007, 06:46 PM
Holy crap, I just had a flashback to that part of the 90's where everyone hated everything and wrote really crappy music to complain about it. Corgan should never make music again, or at least if he does he shouldn't be the lead singer of the band. He sounds like a cat getting a baseball bat shoved up its ***.

F-.

Yeah, it was just f-ing horrible wasn't it? Good grief, over-react much? I really didn't expect anything else from you. Neko is more your speed. Stick with it. Turd.

goingoneight
5/19/2007, 09:52 PM
What if Billy Corgan lost his car keys? (http://www.whatarerecords.com/stephen_lynch/keys/index.html)

A-ahem... bump. Gets me everytime! :D

soonerboomer93
5/20/2007, 03:39 AM

there were parts of the lead guitar track I didn't care about, but I definitely will be listening to the album

silverwheels
5/20/2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah, it was just f-ing horrible wasn't it? Good grief, over-react much? I really didn't expect anything else from you. Neko is more your speed. Stick with it. Turd.

:D

If it makes you feel any better, I listened to more of "Tarantula" than "What I've Done" by Stinkin Park before I turned off both songs.

KC//CRIMSON
7/18/2007, 06:06 PM
Rolling Stone doesn't pass out many 4 or 5 star reviews:

Zero: That is the exact number of doubts singer-guitarist-songwriter Billy Corgan has about this controversial resurrection of his old band. "I never felt so right and good. . . . You'll never need another sound," he crows in that bleating voice against the titanic fuzz of "Bring the Light." It is classic Corgan bravado, but the cumulative effect of his distortion-orchestra guitar and drummer Jimmy Chamberlin's pinpoint thunder is impressive and convincing, a return to the big pop-wise din of 1993's Siamese Dream. Original members James Iha and D'Arcy Wretzky are not part of this reunion, but they were hardly on Siamese Dream – Corgan played their guitar and bass parts.
By that standard, Zeitgeist, performed entirely by Corgan and Chamberlin, is a Pumpkins record – and a good one. Lyrically, Zeitgeist is the least self-absorbed record Corgan has ever written, although not quite the electric newspaper some song titles suggest. There is more fear of frying than actual fight and social remedy in "Doomsday Clock" and "For God and Country," the latter sounding more like Corgan's pledge of allegiance to the Cure. The closest thing to victory over Dick Cheney is the promise in "Starz" – "We cannot die. . . . We are stars/We are" – which rocks better than it reads, with Robert Fripp-like snakes of guitar and a closing frenzy of staccato power chords and Chamberlin pummeling his cymbals into splinters.

The best thing about Zeitgeist is that Corgan is back to what he does best: hard-rock architecture. His wall-of-guitars overdubs are exhilarating in their details: the harmonized squeals in "7 Shades of Black"; the creeping buzz of "Tarantula"; the long, howling solo, sinking in echo, in "United States." The Pumpkins were never more exciting in the Nineties than when Corgan unleashed his inner Tony Iommi all over his inner Robert Smith. That is what happens on Zeitgeist, which makes it a strong new start for Corgan and Chamberlin, no matter what they call themselves.http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/rating/rating_4.gif

And all you haters can suck it! Zeitgeist debuted at #2 on Billboard today.

silverwheels
7/18/2007, 06:18 PM
60 out of 100 (http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/smashingpumpkins/zeitgeist) on Metacritic. That's a D...minus.

KC//CRIMSON
7/18/2007, 06:27 PM
60 out of 100 (http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/smashingpumpkins/zeitgeist) on Metacritic. That's a D...minus.

8.0 out of 10 User votes. That's a B. Nice try though.

silverwheels
7/18/2007, 06:30 PM
8.0 out of 10 User votes. That's a B. Nice try though.

You can vote as many times as you want on Metacritic. Ballet stuffing? Probably. Nice try though.

KC//CRIMSON
7/18/2007, 06:31 PM
You can vote as many times as you want on Metacritic. Ballet stuffing? Probably. Nice try though.

#2 in the country. Nice try though.

silverwheels
7/18/2007, 06:32 PM
#2 in the country. Nice try though.

At one point, *NSYNC broke the record for most record sales in an opening week. Nice try though.

Scott D
7/18/2007, 06:38 PM
Billy Corgan is still an *** and overrated. Nice try though.

KC//CRIMSON
7/18/2007, 06:38 PM
At one point, *NSYNC broke the record for most record sales in an opening week. Nice try though.

Did Interpol too? Oh that's right they came in fourth. Has Neko Case even sniffed the top ten in her lifetime? Nice try though.

What part of "suck it" didn't you understand?

silverwheels
7/18/2007, 06:41 PM
Did Interpol too? Oh that's right they came in fourth. Has Neko Case even sniffed the top ten in her lifetime? Nice try though.

What part of "suck it" didn't you understand?

Since when did record sales indicate quality of music? Creed sold a bunch of records, and so did Limp Bizkit. They were obviously some of the greatest bands of our generation.

You lose. Again.

KC//CRIMSON
7/18/2007, 06:46 PM
Since when did record sales indicate quality of music? Creed sold a bunch of records, and so did Limp Bizkit. They were obviously some of the greatest bands of our generation.

You lose. Again.

Didn't say it did. Just pointing out that there is still a strong fan base who still dig there music and put them at number 2 on the new charts.

Lose? Hardly.

silverwheels
7/18/2007, 06:51 PM
Didn't say it did. Just pointing out that there is still a strong fan base who still dig there music and put them at number 2 on the new charts.

Lose? Hardly.

Well, that's the entire point. Neko Case has one mainstream album. Interpol has two. You can't compare them to the Smashing Pumpkins if you're going to use that angle. The Pumpkins, as crappy as they are, have like 8. Of course they're going to have a strong fan base when they've been making music since the early '90s.

KC//CRIMSON
7/18/2007, 06:53 PM
Billy Corgan is still an *** and overrated. Nice try though.

Billy Corgan has the #1 CD in Cananda. Just thought I would throw that in there.

Keep on hatin, mutha.

sooneron
7/18/2007, 07:39 PM
I kind of think that comparing the people that are going out and buying n'sync to the people that are going out and buying SP is pretty goofy.
Them debuting at #2 is pretty strong support for a group/artist that had two albums that weren't strongly received with another that was given away online.

KC//CRIMSON
7/18/2007, 08:00 PM
I kind of think that comparing the people that are going out and buying n'sync to the people that are going out and buying SP is pretty goofy.
Them debuting at #2 is pretty strong support for a group/artist that had two albums that weren't strongly received with another that was given away online.

not to mention they haven't put out a new cd in seven years.

royalfan5
7/18/2007, 08:10 PM
The new chick playing bass is pretty hot too.

BigRedJed
7/18/2007, 08:30 PM
Zeitgeist I give three stars out of five. Maybe three and a half. This thread, OTOH, gets the full five.

sitzpinkler
7/19/2007, 11:13 AM
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8719/one1qn6.jpg

Wow.....Sasha Grey. She's one of my favorite....um....actresses? :D

Scott D
7/19/2007, 11:24 AM
Billy Corgan has the #1 CD in Cananda. Just thought I would throw that in there.

Keep on hatin, mutha.

that's just payback for the muh****ahs giving us Gordon Lightfoot, Anne Murray, and Celine Dion.

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 01:18 PM

I just like messing with KC. The fact that the Pumpkins have always sucked and continue to suck on the new album is irrelevant. :D

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 05:45 PM
Keep on hating.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Internet+Albums

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Digital+Albums

yermom
7/19/2007, 05:49 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001304229

yeah, keep on hating ;)

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 05:56 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001304229

yeah, keep on hating ;)

I bet silverweiner has their entire catalog.

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 05:57 PM
Keep on hating.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Internet+Albums

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Digital+Albums

Giant "who cares?"

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 05:58 PM
I bet silverweiner has their entire catalog.

That's funny, because the Pumpkins are closer to Nickelback than anything I listen to.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 06:01 PM
That's funny, because the Pumpkins are closer to Nickelback than anything I listen to.

Giant "who cares!"

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 06:08 PM
Giant "who cares!"

:D

This is fun.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 06:14 PM
Here's an idea. Don't listen to their music, don't buy their music, and don't come on to threads about them or their music. Or for that matter, any other band you can't stand. It's one thing not to like another persons music, but it's completely another thing to act like a total *ick about it.

And it's not just me, you've made stupid comments about music in general and what kind of music other people on this board listen to.

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 06:32 PM
Here's an idea. Don't listen to their music, don't buy their music, and don't come on to threads about them or their music. Or for that matter, any other band you can't stand. It's one thing not to like another persons music, but it's completely another thing to act like a total *ick about it.

And it's not just me, you've made stupid comments about music in general and what kind of music other people on this board to listen too.

You know, that idea never occurred to me before. :rolleyes:

If I were really being a dick about it, I would say something about the people that listen to music I don't like, but I don't. It's a pretty small and insignificant line, but it's still one that I won't cross. If you really get that offended at what someone you don't even know says about one of your favorite bands on a ****ing message board, then you need to grow some thicker skin. Not everyone here likes the music I listen to, which doesn't matter to me. If you want to trash the music I listen to, go ahead; I'll play along because I'm not a total ***** about it.

If it really bothers you that much, I'll send you a box of tissues and quit posting in your precious threads.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 06:42 PM
You know, that idea never occurred to me before. :rolleyes:

If I were really being a dick about it, I would say something about the people that listen to music I don't like, but I don't. It's a pretty small and insignificant line, but it's still one that I won't cross. If you really get that offended at what someone you don't even know says about one of your favorite bands on a ****ing message board, then you need to grow some thicker skin. Not everyone here likes the music I listen to, which doesn't matter to me. If you want to trash the music I listen to, go ahead; I'll play along because I'm not a total ***** about it.

If it really bothers you that much, I'll send you a box of tissues and quit posting in your precious threads.

You know, that idea never occurred to me before.
Obviously it hasn't.

Making comment after comment is the same thing as badgering someone. Yeah, it's a thin line and you crossed it with several people on here a long time ago, not to mention the other board (Cologne). If you're going to continue to act like a fifteen year old then you're going to get treated like one.

Also, I don't have to grow thicker skin. You need to stop being a prick.

How would you like it if I followed you around and gave you *hit about something you're passionate about? Wouldn't feel to great would it?

Yeah, real fun, huh?

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 06:59 PM
Obviously it hasn't.

Making comment after comment is the same thing as badgering someone. Yeah, it's a thin line and you crossed it with several people on here a long time ago, not to mention the other board (Cologne). If you're going to continue to act like a fifteen year old then you're going to get treated like one.

Also, I don't have to grow thicker skin. You need to stop being a prick.

How would you like it if I followed you around and gave you *hit about something you're passionate about? Wouldn't feel to great would it?

Yeah, real fun, huh?

First of all, I voiced my opinion on "Tarantula", of which I had every right to do. Just because it was a bad review doesn't mean it has no place. You got all ****y because it wasn't the same as your opinion, so you called out an artist I am passionate about and then personally attacked me by calling me a "turd". What did I do? I shrugged it off. That was the end of that.

Then you posted a review from Rolling Stone and something about "haters sucking it", so I posted their score from a website that averages scores of multiple reviews, with nothing derogatory at all in the post. You chose to fan the flames after that, so you're getting nothing more that what you asked for by responding to me. At first, I was just joking with you, with no harm intended, but you had to keep it going, choosing to personally attack me again. Am I going to let that go? Yes, because I'm not the one that needs to grow up.

Maybe I'll post a thread about the upcoming New Pornographers album, and if you don't like it, you have every right to say so and I won't complain about you trashing them in that thread. All I'll do is register your opinion and move on.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 07:09 PM
Whatevah. As usual, you continue "not" to get it.

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 07:13 PM
Whatevah. As usual, you continue "not" to get it.

No, you're not getting it. I never once said anything about you personally, but when I don't like your music, you personally attack me. Am I justifying my actions? No, but there was no reason for you to call me names, either.

I told you, if it bothers you to the point where you have to call me names, I'll leave your precious smashed pumpkins alone.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 07:30 PM
No, you're not getting it. I never once said anything about you personally, but when I don't like your music, you personally attack me. Am I justifying my actions? No, but there was no reason for you to call me names, either.

I told you, if it bothers you to the point where you have to call me names, I'll leave your precious smashed pumpkins alone.

Would you please stop *ucking crying already! Do you know what "BADGERING" means? Do I have to explain it to you? Really? When you constantly make smart *** remarks to a specific person it's called "BADGERING!" also known as "HARASSING!"

Can I make it any more *ucking clear to you? Jesus Christ.

If it didn't mean anything, or it wasn't personal, no one would ever get banned on a message board.

royalfan5
7/19/2007, 08:02 PM
Seriously though, the new bassists is smokin'

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 08:13 PM
Would you please stop *ucking crying already! Do you know what "BADGERING" means? Do I have to explain it to you? Really? When you constantly make smart *** remarks to a specific person it's called "BADGERING!" also known as "HARASSING!"

Can I make it any more *ucking clear to you? Jesus Christ.

If it didn't mean anything, or it wasn't personal, no one would ever get banned on a message board.

You're the one that's crying and using those important all caps words. There's a difference between me saying a band sucks multiple times and you personally attacking me. I could have easily stooped to your level and called you names about it by now, but I haven't, yet I'm the one that's crying. That's rich.

Give it up already. You're offended that I don't like your band. I said something about them two whole times, but you made it personal by calling me names and dragging it out. I would have never even "badgered" the band (not you) if you hadn't. You made it happen by taking what I said about the band too seriously. Grow a pair and grow up.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 08:26 PM
You're the one that's crying and using those important all caps words. There's a difference between me saying a band sucks multiple times and you personally attacking me. I could have easily stooped to your level and called you names about it by now, but I haven't, yet I'm the one that's crying. That's rich.

Give it up already. You're offended that I don't like your band. I said something about them two whole times, but you made it personal by calling me names and dragging it out. I would have never even "badgered" the band (not you) if you hadn't. You made it happen by taking what I said about the
band too seriously. Grow a pair and grow up.

Talking to you is like talking to a wall, a very dumb wall. It's funny how you can't correlate between downing what someone else enjoys as not downing "them" or being "personal"

How many horn fans have been banned from this board for downing the Sooners? Oh but wait! they didn't attack the posters, they just attacked the team! See? it's the same thing. Yet, you can't seem to grasp that.

Your act is tiresome dude, and you know exactly what I'm talking about. Every time someone talks about something you don't like whether it be bands, music, or whatever, you feel compelled to chime in with your bull*hit.

How many people did you *iss off over on the other board Cologne? I lost track myself. How many Radiohead fans and other fans of different bands have you *issed off? Too many too remember, huh?

Talk about grow up? How old are you? Seriously? 16?

soonerboomer93
7/19/2007, 08:31 PM
Seriously though, the new bassists is smokin'

yeah she is

but at the same time she's not D'arcy

D'arcy wasn't drop dead gorgeous though, she was just hot in the alt chick way though...

But then, it wouldn't be the Pumpkins without a female Bassist...

soonerboomer93
7/19/2007, 08:32 PM
oh yeah, and ibtl

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 08:34 PM
D'arcy was always just a stage prop. Although, kind of a hot stage prop.

soonerboomer93
7/19/2007, 08:43 PM
yeah, it's well known she was a stage prop, but she was hot enough in the hip/retro alt girl way of the time period...

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 09:03 PM
Talking to you is like talking to a wall, a very dumb wall. It's funny how you can't correlate between downing what someone else enjoys as not downing "them" or being "personal"

How many horn fans have been banned from this board for downing the Sooners? Oh but wait! they didn't attack the posters, they just attacked the team! See? it's the same thing. Yet, you can't seem to grasp that.

Your act is tiresome dude, and you know exactly what I'm talking about. Every time someone talks about something you don't like whether it be bands, music, or whatever, you feel compelled to chime in with your bull*hit.

How many people did you *iss off over on the other board Cologne? I lost track myself. How many Radiohead fans and other fans of different bands have you *issed off? Too many too remember, huh?

Cologne wasn't my name over there. You can't even get that right. I don't recall ****ing off a whole lot of people on the other board, because I rarely posted there. When I did, it was in their version of the WAYLT thread, and I promoted artists I liked without dissing artists I didn't. If I didn't like a band, I said it, and if they didn't agree with me, then big ****ing deal. None of them got "****ed off" to my recollection, probably because they know it's the band I didn't like and not them. You fail to grasp that concept. I never had a problem with you on either board until this thread. I've given you some good-natured ribbing in the past, but you took it too seriously and started this.

There's a large difference between me expressing my dislike for a band a couple times, and a rival fan coming onto a Sooner board and ****ing all over the couch after he/she was offered to sit. You can't even come up with a good analogy. If you dissed Neko Case again or any other band I liked, I wouldn't take it personally. Not because I don't care about the music or the artist that much, but because the music I like is not important enough to be personal to me, and I love music. You equate me trashing the Pumpkins to saying something about your mother, when it is very different.

You still have failed to acknowledge the fact that I never said anything about you personally, yet you called me names on multiple occasions. Within my full rights, I expressed my dislike for the band once before you started attacking me on here, yet you complain when I "badger". Maybe if you hadn't ****ed me off, I wouldn't have kept it going. Did that thought ever occur to you? I opined once, you attacked me. Then you get your panties in a bunch when I egg you on, when you asked for it in the first place.

Your poor arguing skills and name-calling lead me to believe you're not that old. If I'm 16, then you must be 15.

This is my final post on the matter. If you still have an ax to grind and some tears to cry, my PM box has space. I'm tired of arguing with you in the open forum. It's pointless for this to continue.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 09:24 PM
Cologne wasn't my name over there. You can't even get that right. I don't recall ****ing off a whole lot of people on the other board, because I rarely posted there. When I did, it was in their version of the WAYLT thread, and I promoted artists I liked without dissing artists I didn't. If I didn't like a band, I said it, and if they didn't agree with me, then big ****ing deal. None of them got "****ed off" to my recollection, probably because they know it's the band I didn't like and not them. You fail to grasp that concept. I never had a problem with you on either board until this thread. I've given you some good-natured ribbing in the past, but you took it too seriously and started this.

There's a large difference between me expressing my dislike for a band a couple times, and a rival fan coming onto a Sooner board and ****ing all over the couch after he/she was offered to sit. You can't even come up with a good analogy. If you dissed Neko Case again or any other band I liked, I wouldn't take it personally. Not because I don't care about the music or the artist that much, but because the music I like is not important enough to be personal to me, and I love music. You equate me trashing the Pumpkins to saying something about your mother, when it is very different.

You still have failed to acknowledge the fact that I never said anything about you personally, yet you called me names on multiple occasions. Within my full rights, I expressed my dislike for the band once before you started attacking me on here, yet you complain when I "badger". Maybe if you hadn't ****ed me off, I wouldn't have kept it going. Did that thought ever occur to you? I opined once, you attacked me. Then you get your panties in a bunch when I egg you on, when you asked for it in the first place.

Your poor arguing skills and name-calling lead me to believe you're not that old. If I'm 16, then you must be 15.

This is my final post on the matter. If you still have an ax to grind and some tears to cry, my PM box has space. I'm tired of arguing with you in the open forum. It's pointless for this to continue.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

royalfan5
7/19/2007, 09:34 PM
yeah she is

but at the same time she's not D'arcy

D'arcy wasn't drop dead gorgeous though, she was just hot in the alt chick way though...

But then, it wouldn't be the Pumpkins without a female Bassist...
Melissa Auf Der Maur is pretty hot too. For me, D'Arcy is the 3rd hottest of the three, but that's not something to be ashamed of.

def_lazer_fc
7/19/2007, 09:36 PM
yo momma sucks! oh yeah, i win!

GottaHavePride
7/19/2007, 09:37 PM
oh yeah, and ibtl

What, lock a raging slapfight like this? ;)

Scott D
7/19/2007, 09:38 PM
All this thread needs is doleo defending coldplay and some random person suggesting that marcy playground is a group of badasses to reach epic lameness ;)

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 09:39 PM
Give it up already. You ran out of points to argue, so you started repeating everything you previously said. I've given you multiple opportunities to end this stupid argument, but you keep it going without adding anything to it.

For the record, it only seems to be you that I've ****ed off, or more people would have told me by now, which no one has. In fact, I received positive spek from an anonymous poster in the thread, with that person calling you the prick. So it seems you're alone in thinking I'm the prick.

Seriously, you're calling me a child when you're acting a lot more immature than me. The fingers in the ears and stomping up and down thing is a dead giveaway. Time to let it go now and play with some other toys.

If you only knew how many green points I've gained from calling you out. It would blow your little mind.

This is my final post on the matter

I gotta hundy that says he will be back.

def_lazer_fc
7/19/2007, 09:42 PM
marcy playground was the best dude! almost as good as the smashing pumpkins. j/k. but i did see them (SP) on letterman the other night, and they sounded bad. never liked em though. but thats just me.

GottaHavePride
7/19/2007, 09:42 PM
All this thread needs is doleo defending coldplay and some random person suggesting that marcy playground is a group of badasses to reach epic lameness ;)

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but Depeche Mode is a sweet band.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 09:46 PM
I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but Depeche Mode is a sweet band.

But dude, haven't you heard? They suck. They've always sucked. All their cd's suck. Even the stuff they haven't put out yet sucks! Damn dude! How can you like a band that sucks so hard? I mean really?

royalfan5
7/19/2007, 09:47 PM
marcy playground was the best dude! almost as good as the smashing pumpkins. j/k. but i did see them (SP) on letterman the other night, and they sounded bad. never liked em though. but thats just me.
Marcy Playground is underappreciated. I think I will go listen St. Joe on the Schoolbus right now.

GottaHavePride
7/19/2007, 09:48 PM
Primus sucks.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 09:48 PM
Marcy Playground is underappreciated. I think I will go listen St. Joe on the Schoolbus right now.

But dude, haven't you heard? They suck. They've always sucked. All their cd's suck. Even the stuff they haven't put out yet sucks! Damn dude! How can you like a band that sucks so hard? I mean really?

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 09:50 PM
Primus sucks.

But dude, haven't you heard? They suck. They've always sucked. All their cd's suck. Even the stuff they haven't put out yet sucks! Damn dude! How can you not like a band that sucks so hard? I mean really?

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 09:50 PM
I gotta hundy that says he will be back.

I wouldn't have posted again if you hadn't posted a private message on here. Real nice. You're a stand-up guy.

I don't care about your little green points or who has given them to you. I wouldn't care if I was so far in the red I had no chance of being positive again. All I do is voice my opinion on my musical preferences. Some people take offense to it and that's not my problem. You started this whole stupid ****fest by attacking me a long time ago because I rated "Tarantula" an F-. If someone had something negative to say about the music I like, I'd at least listen to it to see how other people view the music, instead of attacking that person and calling him/her a turd.

Don't start with your stupid "badgering" crap again. I was perfectly content to keep it to the Metacritic link, but you kept it going. You brought it on yourself, so I don't see why you were whining about it.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 09:51 PM
ALL OF YOU OWE ME A HUNDY!

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 09:53 PM
You posted a message I sent to you in private and expected me not to post again? I don't know anyone dumb enough to take that bet.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't have posted again if you hadn't posted a private message on here. Real nice. You're a stand-up guy.

I don't care about your little green points or who has given them to you. I wouldn't care if I was so far in the red I had no chance of being positive again. All I do is voice my opinion on my musical preferences. Some people take offense to it and that's not my problem. You started this whole stupid ****fest by attacking me a long time ago because I rated "Tarantula" an F-. If someone had something negative to say about the music I like, I'd at least listen to it to see how other people view the music, instead of attacking that person and calling him/her a turd.

Don't start with your stupid "badgering" crap again. I was perfectly content to keep it to the Metacritic link, but you kept it going. You brought it on yourself, so I don't see why you were whining about it.

Yet again, here we go. It started waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy before the Tarantula post. You've been making snidely remarks for a long time, home skillet. A long time.

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 09:59 PM
Yet again, here we go. It started waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy before the Tarantula post. You've been making snidely remarks for a long time, home skillet. A long time.

And apparently you've had sand in your vagina waaaaaaaaaaayyyy before the Tarantula post. When I said Radiohead was overrated like 2 years ago, did you write it in your diary and swear to keep up with all of my musical opinions since then?

Snide? Hardly. I don't like certain bands. Whoopty-do. Neither do you. I have as much right to voice my displeasure as any fan of them has the right to praise them. At no point have I ever said anything about anyone that listens to any particular artist. And I don't remember getting the memo that only positive mentions of a band are allowed.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 10:05 PM
And apparently you've had sand in your vagina waaaaaaaaaaayyyy before the Tarantula post. When I said Radiohead was overrated like 2 years ago, did you write it in your diary and swear to keep up with all of my musical opinions since then?

Snide? Hardly. I don't like certain bands. Whoopty-do. Neither do you. I have as much right to voice my displeasure as any fan of them has the right to praise them. At no point have I ever said anything about anyone that listens to any particular artist. And I don't remember getting the memo that only positive mentions of a band are allowed.

Man. You really hurt my fee fee's. Think I'll go rinse out my va jay jay.:rolleyes:

silverwheels
7/19/2007, 10:07 PM
Man. You really hurt my fee fee's. Think I'll go rinse out my va jay jay.:rolleyes:

It would be advisable.

And change your avatar too. It sucks. ;)

King Crimson
7/19/2007, 10:10 PM
Primus sucks.

I'll give Primus credit for one thing. they made the same record 3 times before anybody noticed it.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 10:20 PM
I'll give Primus credit for one thing. they made the same record 3 times before anybody noticed it.

Saw them in Norman on the STSOC tour. I believe it was at Rome 90, but don't quote me on the venue.:cool:

King Crimson
7/19/2007, 10:24 PM
i saw them on that Primus/Public Enemy/Anthrax tour and the whole thing was pretty disappointing. i had seen PE at McNichols with Ice Cube and Big Daddy Kane about a year and a half before that was awesome. this time, that whole bill was pretty disappointing to be honest. kind of a let down.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/20/2007, 09:38 AM
It makes me sad in my heart to have to lock a music thread.

You turds.

:mack:

BigRedJed
7/21/2007, 02:58 PM
I still give it five stars. In the vajayjay.