PDA

View Full Version : Robert Horry

achiro
6/20/2005, 03:24 PM
I like him. I lived in Houston when he played for the Rockets. Great in the clutch, as he showed last night. They said he had won 2 titles with the Rockets and 3 with the Lakers.
He's definitelly one of those players that has flown under the radar of the "rich and famous." Its sad really, he's not beaten up his coach, hit a fan, cut his hair all crazy and such, or been into a ton of trouble so his name is not readily recognized by anyone but a big time b-ball fan or fan of a team that he's played for.

Disclaimer: I really am not much of a pro basketball fan, in fact that was the only 5 minutes I've seen this wole season.

OUthunder
6/20/2005, 04:07 PM
I agree with all of the above and I watched the OT last night and it was the first NBA I've watched all year.

The officiatingwas terrible in that last quarter and in OT.

I was thinking the same thing about Horry when they inyterviewed him last night. Seems like a cool cat.

Pricetag
6/20/2005, 04:22 PM
I caught the last few minutes of regulation and the OT, as well. It's the most excited I've been about an NBA game in a long time.

I have a tough time with the Pistons. Objectively, I can see that they are everything good about sport, with the team mentality and such. But I still have a little hatred left over from the "Bad Boys" teams of the early '90s, and I was pulling for the Spurs.

I, too, enjoyed the post game interviews, with both Horry and Tim Duncan. Those guys are classy. I thought it was funny when Duncan was asked what made the difference that night, and he looked over at Horry and said "Big Shot Bob," after she had talked with Horry earlier about the moniker.

IronSooner
6/20/2005, 04:32 PM
I can't say I'm thrilled with Horry at the moment, but he had a heck of a game.

I was actually thinking the same thing during the game - you really don't hear much about him, and despite all his success and even breaking one of Jordan's records, he's not really a household name.

I also thought it was funny when Duncan got the tech a game or two back. That's something else you never see. Both of those guys seem like really standup-type guys that never get in trouble and just play for the fun of it. Wish there were more guys that way.

WISooner
6/20/2005, 05:07 PM
Horry is one of the best clutch men in the NBA. Man has he made some big shots in his career!

dolemitesooner
6/20/2005, 05:13 PM
I like him. I lived in Houston when he played for the Rockets. Great in the clutch, as he showed last night. They said he had won 2 titles with the Rockets and 3 with the Lakers.
He's definitelly one of those players that has flown under the radar of the "rich and famous." Its sad really, he's not beaten up his coach, hit a fan, cut his hair all crazy and such, or been into a ton of trouble so his name is not readily recognized by anyone but a big time b-ball fan or fan of a team that he's played for.

Disclaimer: I really am not much of a pro basketball fan, in fact that was the only 5 minutes I've seen this wole season.
you forgot with the spurs in 2003 too. He has 6 rings 2 with houston 3 with lakers and 1 with the spurs.

dolemitesooner
6/20/2005, 05:13 PM
I f they win this one he will have 7 rings

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/20/2005, 05:40 PM
you forgot with the spurs in 2003 too. He has 6 rings 2 with houston 3 with lakers and 1 with the spurs.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/robert_horry/index.html

he was with the lakers that year

achiro
6/20/2005, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure he was still with the lakers then? I think he's "only" got 5.

achiro
6/20/2005, 05:46 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/robert_horry/index.html

he was with the lakers that year
Oh well there ya go, it is 5. Thanks J

ouflak
6/21/2005, 05:33 AM
I'm think it will be 6 though. The annoucer mispoke last night, basically handing him that sixth ring before the deed's been done.

King Crimson
6/21/2005, 05:38 AM
the NBA is boring and teh 24 second shot clock is a joke....

but as far as Horry, it's hard to argue with results.

OU4LIFE
6/21/2005, 07:07 AM
this should be in the basketball forum.

;)

Harry Beanbag
6/21/2005, 07:36 AM
As long as you ignore his stay in Phoenix, I suppose he's been a pretty good guy.

OU4LIFE
6/21/2005, 07:40 AM
DAMMIT, it's PAH-HO-NICKS!

achiro
6/21/2005, 09:29 AM
this should be in the basketball forum.

;)

This was not about basketball, it was about a guy that plays basketball, one that is not recognized for all his talents and contributions, like so many of us in the SO. I can't believe it was moved. It hadn't even taken the life lesson turn it so deserved!

Damn YOU 4life!! :D

OU4LIFE
6/21/2005, 09:39 AM
Heh.. I had no idea I had this much power.