PDA

View Full Version : If you haven't seen "Batman Begins" yet...

the_ouskull
6/17/2005, 03:21 PM
...then you are an idiot. If having children is your reason for not having seen it yet, then you are an idiot with children and no babysitter.

That is all.

the_ouskull

Post Script -- GO SEE THIS F'ING MOVIE !!! Kisses.

Beef
6/17/2005, 03:34 PM
My nights have been spent visiting my grandmother in the hospital and I work all day. They don't have a movie theater in her room. Am I excused?

KC//CRIMSON
6/17/2005, 03:37 PM
In other news, Skull, I'm going to have that ACP tape real soon. :cool:

GottaHavePride
6/17/2005, 03:41 PM
In other news, Skull, I'm going to have that ACP tape real soon. :cool:
Auto-Crapular Pundits?

Mjcpr
6/17/2005, 03:42 PM
Anterior Cruciate Pigment?

KC//CRIMSON
6/17/2005, 03:44 PM
Ancient
Chinese
Penis

dorks.

the_ouskull
6/17/2005, 09:41 PM
Heh. He said "penis," and the word filter let him.

And, did I mention that this is the movie that should have been made many, many summers ago, sparing us the run of horrible Batman movies...?

He is, indeed, again, the "Dark Knight."

the_ouskull

IR4OU
6/17/2005, 09:43 PM
Does he now sport tittays?

GDC
6/17/2005, 10:02 PM
Tonight was the gf's turn to pick the movie, we saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith, oh well.

6/17/2005, 11:30 PM
A Batman Movie = a Led Zeppelin song TO ME and ME ONLY BECAUSE I AM OBVIOUSLY A CLUELESS CRITIC OF S.O. CULTURE AND AM THEREFORE MOST LIKELY A HOMOSEXUAL.

Harry Beanbag
6/17/2005, 11:35 PM
I will never watch another Batman movie no matter how good I'm told it is.

Scott D
6/17/2005, 11:41 PM
...then you are an idiot. If having children is your reason for not having seen it yet, then you are an idiot with children and no babysitter.

That is all.

the_ouskull

Post Script -- GO SEE THIS F'ING MOVIE !!! Kisses.

I'll see this movie when they cut me a check to go see it.

That is all.

My Opinion Matters
6/18/2005, 12:11 AM
I'll see this movie when they cut me a check to go see it.

That is all.

Scott, stop being a bastard. It's a damn good movie.

My Opinion Matters
6/18/2005, 12:12 AM
And this is coming from a guy that hates everything.

yermom
6/18/2005, 12:17 AM
A Batman Movie = a Led Zeppelin song TO ME and ME ONLY BECAUSE I AM OBVIOUSLY A CLUELESS CRITIC OF S.O. CULTURE AND AM THEREFORE MOST LIKELY A HOMOSEXUAL.

i can't argue with any of this ;)

i went in expecting some other crappy Batman movie, i was kinda humoring :dolemite:

yeah, it was REALLY good, easily the best Batman movie i have seen

Scott D
6/18/2005, 12:17 AM
Scott, stop being a bastard. It's a damn good movie.

That's my prerequisite for any movie...I'm not singling out Batman Begins by any means....I don't go to the theater...period.

yermom
6/18/2005, 12:20 AM
if i had time, i'd see like everything

it's almost worth going to the movies even to see a bad movie

Scott D
6/18/2005, 12:22 AM
heh years ago I could go to the movies regularly no problem....about 5 years ago the thought of going and sitting in a theater even 2/3 full made me physically ill.

StoopTroup
6/18/2005, 09:52 AM
AMC started charging for 2 year old kids to see movies....

It looks like my movie experiences will be all $0.50 movies from now on....

Screw the 1st run theatres!

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/18/2005, 10:15 AM
Here's my deal

I'm going in with such high expectations because I am going to judge this movie based on the first batman movie (Micheal Keaton) If it's anywhere near that calibur then I will be surprised

My Opinion Matters
6/18/2005, 10:19 AM
Here's my deal

I'm going in with such high expectations because I am going to judge this movie based on the first batman movie (Micheal Keaton) If it's anywhere near that calibur then I will be surprised

This movie is much better than either one of the Tim Burton films.

mrowl
6/18/2005, 12:39 PM
going to see this flick tonight, I have decent expectations for it.

Frozen Sooner
6/18/2005, 03:59 PM
AMC started charging for 2 year old kids to see movies....

It looks like my movie experiences will be all $0.50 movies from now on....

Screw the 1st run theatres!

Right on.

They should charge them double.

Soonrboy
6/18/2005, 07:26 PM
Just came back from Batman. It RMFO. I don't want to see the thers again because I know they will suck humongous

nmsoonergirl
6/18/2005, 11:59 PM
Saw it this evening. I was not expecting to like it all that much (I haven't thought anyone but Michael Keaton made a decent batman) but it was surprisingly good. I would definitely recommend it!

IronSooner
6/19/2005, 01:05 AM
I got sucked in and had high hopes when I went in. Last summer I got bit in the *** by Troy and Van Helsing, so I've tried to avoid getting too optimistic. But once again, I got sucked in and got my hopes up.

It was freakin' awesome. I think if I can be objective about the 1st one as a stand-alone movie I like this one more. Everything was dead-on and fit with the traditional Batman lore. Can't wait for the DVD.

SoonerBorn
6/20/2005, 08:35 AM
I was surprised. There wasn't as much buzz around this as I might have expected - in fact, as a die hard Batman fan, I'm embarrassed to say that my wife had to remind me it started this past week.

But, it was really, really good.

ou4me
6/20/2005, 09:26 AM
I haven't thought anyone but Michael Keaton made a decent batman

I never thought Michael Keaton made a decent anything. Ugh.

Norm In Norman
6/20/2005, 10:00 AM
I thought it was good too. I still like the spiderman movies better, and probably the X-Men ones. it was still good though and I will buy it when it comes out on DVD.

The thing about Batman Begins (and both of the other movies I mentioned above) is you can sorta relate to the characters. You see that they are still human and still fallible. With the original batman movies, almost everything batman did was perfect so you can't really connect with him.

They need to make some sequals based on this character with the joker, penguin, riddler, catwoman, etc.

Pieces Hit
6/20/2005, 10:06 AM
It was good.
Better than the rest in a darker, more realistic way.
Not the best thing since sliced bread though.
The next one should be better since BMan will be in the cape full time w/ Joker in tow.
I nominate Hillary Clinton as Joker.

C&CDean
6/20/2005, 10:22 AM
I never thought Michael Keaton made a decent anything. Ugh.

Shut up. Beetlejuice? His one decent role.

n8v_ndn
6/20/2005, 11:02 AM
http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/celebrity/images/TVguide/guide-batman.JPG

Does Christian Bale have to say the sound effects, or do they appear on the screen?

Frozen Sooner
6/20/2005, 11:14 PM
I enjoyed the living **** out of this movie.

Ike
6/20/2005, 11:18 PM
leave it to a physicist to spoil the movie.....

story-wise, not too bad. I kinda liked it.

as far as having any connection to anything that could possibly be construed as reality, not so much....

Frozen Sooner
6/20/2005, 11:56 PM
God damn it, Ike, it's an f-ing SUPERHERO MOVIE!

Don't look for good science in comic books or superhero movies, or I'll force you to stand at ground 0 of a gamma-bomb explosion just to figure out how you change into those purple pants so quickly.

the_ouskull
6/21/2005, 12:06 AM
Shut up. Beetlejuice? His one decent role.

Come ON... what about Mr. Mom and Gung Ho? Those were awesome...

the_ouskull

GottaHavePride
6/21/2005, 12:09 AM
No love for Multiplicity?

Harry Beanbag
6/21/2005, 12:10 AM
Pacific Heights was pretty good.

Ike
6/21/2005, 01:20 AM
God damn it, Ike, it's an f-ing SUPERHERO MOVIE!

Don't look for good science in comic books or superhero movies, or I'll force you to stand at ground 0 of a gamma-bomb explosion just to figure out how you change into those purple pants so quickly.

it wasnt so much the super-heroness of it....
it was having a device (whatever the absurd physics behind it) that you have established has as its main function the ability to superheat all water within some radius regardless of the material between the device and the water....yet people, who are generally known to be made up of greater than 70% water can stand near this thing, and even fight with one another, with no visible effects....
thats what I have problems with. surely they can do better than that.

Frozen Sooner
6/21/2005, 01:41 AM
Nah. Time-honored comic-book tradition. You take a very basic misunderstanding of something that sounds cool and use the crap out of it.

Hell, most people STILL believe that's how one of their kitchen appliances works.

Sooner_Bob
6/21/2005, 07:32 AM
We'll go see it hopefully this week . . .

mrowl
6/21/2005, 07:44 AM
this movie was really good, go see it.

Norm In Norman
6/21/2005, 07:57 AM
it was having a device (whatever the absurd physics behind it) that you have established has as its main function the ability to superheat all water within some radius regardless of the material between the device and the water....yet people, who are generally known to be made up of greater than 70% water can stand near this thing, and even fight with one another, with no visible effects....

I was thinking that same thing. But then I ignored myself. Then I got mad at myself and for ignoring myself and slapped me in the face. I woke up at home feeling slightly drunk and a little bit violated.

nmsoonergirl
6/21/2005, 08:04 AM

Hmmm, sounds like the research and development people at Wayne Enterprises are smarter than you ;)

I'm used to people being smarter than me, so I didn't even question the whole thing :O .

Hatfield
6/21/2005, 08:49 AM
They need to make some sequals based on this character with the joker, penguin, riddler, catwoman, etc.

Bale, Caine, Freeman have already signed on for the sequel. Rumor is the joker will be in it and if he looks anything like the drawings prepared for batman begins then he will likely scare the **** out of everyone.

You will notice Ms. Holmes isn't on that list. Apparently the studio is none to happy with her publicity love fest with Tom Cruise and they think it took away from the media attention that should have been focused on the film and thus she wasn't invited back. They said next time batman's love interest will be a "much stronger actress"

Norm In Norman
6/21/2005, 09:40 AM
Like this?

http://info.med.yale.edu/pediat/pedres/images/eric%20clown.JPG

I wouldn't be able to handle a character so vicious.

Ironically, Tom cruise is up for the part of the joker.

Hatfield
6/21/2005, 09:42 AM
more like this

http://photos.imageevent.com/batmanonfilm/bofimagesbofimages/bermejo_joker1.jpg

IronSooner
6/21/2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah I thought about that whole microwave thing..."Why aren't the water-based people having problems with that", but decided to ignore it and enjoy the movie.

Good to hear they're talking sequel. For once I'd actually like to see more of this. Especially if they're gonna make the joker messed up like that. I like the dark feel this movie had, so my trust level is slowly growing.

yermom
6/21/2005, 10:35 AM
Bale, Caine, Freeman have already signed on for the sequel. Rumor is the joker will be in it and if he looks anything like the drawings prepared for batman begins then he will likely scare the **** out of everyone.

You will notice Ms. Holmes isn't on that list. Apparently the studio is none to happy with her publicity love fest with Tom Cruise and they think it took away from the media attention that should have been focused on the film and thus she wasn't invited back. They said next time batman's love interest will be a "much stronger actress"

i was really not impressed with Ms. Holmes in this movie anyway

other than be hot, she didn't do much

IronSooner
6/21/2005, 10:40 AM
I liked that actually. I was afraid they'd get too into the stupid cliche love interest thing. Was glad at the end when nothing happened between them.

Soonrboy
6/21/2005, 11:27 AM
I wasn't impressed til the end when she shared with us the temperature of the air around her.

OU Adonis
6/28/2005, 03:29 PM
It was an awesome movie. I have seen it twice.

How are they going to get the joker back in? Isn't he dead already?

yermom
6/28/2005, 04:32 PM
this is starting over, they are in a different universe or something

The Joker didn't even kill Bruce Wayne's parents

sooneron
6/28/2005, 05:09 PM
Ancient
Chinese
Penis

dorks.
OOh, make sure to include me in that! I used to be buds with Robert and the boys. As long as it has the ACP rap, of course.

IronSooner
6/28/2005, 05:27 PM
this is starting over, they are in a different universe or something

The Joker didn't even kill Bruce Wayne's parents

That's the one thing I walked out going "huh?" Seems weak to go back and say "well, that guy didn't really die, he just got shot..." They implied he died anyway. Woops.

yermom
6/28/2005, 07:29 PM
:dolemite: tells me that the comics were all screwed up and they retold the story lots of different ways and that not all of the stories involved the Joker being the one that killed the Waynes

in other words Batman and :dolemite: are gay ;)

Frozen Sooner
6/28/2005, 09:49 PM
It has never been part of DC continuity that the Joker killed the Waynes. The Joker's identity, in fact, has never been revealed.

Joe Chill was believed to be the killer for a while, but it's back to "nobody knows." There's a plotline right now where the guy who becomes Metallo did it.

GottaHavePride
6/29/2005, 12:32 AM
Regardless, this is probably the most awesome Batman movie made to date. And I liked the Michael Keaton version a lot. I want the new Bat-mo-TANK. Freaking great.

And no wonder Batman flips out on people so well. Trained by flippin' ninjas! Awesome.

proud gonzo
6/29/2005, 12:39 AM
that is so not fair! you KNOW When you put spoiler tags I HAVE to read what they say!!! :mad:
:P

GottaHavePride
6/29/2005, 01:27 AM
http://ffmedia.ign.com/batman/image/batmobile3_1086805969.jpg

sooneron
6/29/2005, 06:14 AM
No love for Keaton in Night Shift? His first big role and one of his best.

GottaHavePride
6/30/2005, 12:39 AM
Oh, Katie Holmes was worthless in this movie. Dammit, woman, there are scenes in this movie where you should be respectfully somber, not smirking your way through the whole movie. Guh. Try emoting.

proud gonzo
6/30/2005, 03:18 PM
I don't think they set their casting standards too high for that role--katie holmes barely beat natalie portman and sarah michelle gellar for the part. :rolleyes:

proud gonzo
7/2/2005, 07:05 PM
I just saw the movie w/ my dad this afternoon. (aside from crappy katie) It RMFO!!!! :D :D :D

I want a Batmotank!!!

daltexsooner
7/3/2005, 10:23 AM
I would have to leave the house. Then, I couldn't watch the Jessica Simpson vid over and over on my comp. So, I won't be seeing it anytime soon. ;)

Scott D
7/3/2005, 10:43 AM
I still have no intention of going to see this movie...let me know when it's on DVD.

My Opinion Matters
7/3/2005, 10:49 AM
I still have no intention of going to see this movie...let me know when it's on DVD.

Well, if you do ever bother going out to the movies, see this one. Don't waste your time with WOTW.

Scott D
7/3/2005, 10:55 AM
Well, if you do ever bother going out to the movies, see this one. Don't waste your time with WOTW.

I planned on waiting til WoTW was on cable before I saw it.

My Opinion Matters
7/3/2005, 10:56 AM
I planned on waiting til WoTW was on cable before I saw it.

You might want to see what else is on that night.

Scott D
7/3/2005, 10:57 AM
You might want to see what else is on that night.

no, I have dumb and lame movie night once a month....

GottaHavePride
7/3/2005, 02:09 PM
I talked to a friend of mine and he said WotW was un-freaking-believable. He thought it was way better than the Batman movie, and he's seen both of them twice now.

My Opinion Matters
7/3/2005, 02:47 PM
I talked to a friend of mine and he said WotW was un-freaking-believable. He thought it was way better than the Batman movie, and he's seen both of them twice now.

You need better friends.

achiro
7/11/2005, 11:03 AM
Oh, Katie Holmes was worthless in this movie. Dammit, woman, there are scenes in this movie where you should be respectfully somber, not smirking your way through the whole movie. Guh. Try emoting.
I thought she was great in the last scene when they were outside in the COLD.:D

Really though, this was by far the best batman movie and well worth seeing. I thought it was great.

mrowl
5/23/2006, 10:29 AM
now showing on HBO, great flick. Looking forward to the next one.

Hatfield
5/23/2006, 10:37 AM
I hope they go for an R rating for the next one and just make the joker freaking INSANE...like he should be....and katie wasn't asked back for the next one.

handcrafted
5/23/2006, 11:35 AM
heh years ago I could go to the movies regularly no problem....about 5 years ago the thought of going and sitting in a theater even 2/3 full made me physically ill.

Hmm. Agoraphobia. Now it all makes sense.

;)

handcrafted
5/23/2006, 11:47 AM
I *really* don't see how they're going to top Nicholson as the Joker. The dude has INSANE written on his forehead.

mdklatt
5/23/2006, 11:51 AM
I *really* don't see how they're going to top Nicholson as the Joker. The dude has INSANE written on his forehead.

Gary. Busey.

mrowl
5/23/2006, 11:55 AM

according to imdb, it may be this guy:

Lachy Hulme

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401522/

http://img336.exs.cx/img336/8219/lachyhulme0rt.jpg

soonerbrat
5/23/2006, 11:56 AM
it's on HBO right now.

Scott D
5/23/2006, 01:32 PM
Hmm. Agoraphobia. Now it all makes sense.

;)

heh...more like Moronaphobia ;)

handcrafted
5/23/2006, 01:42 PM
Gary. Busey.

Oh, nonononononPLEASENOOOOOOOOOOO! He would utterly suck as the Joker. Those horse teeth, the Okie accent (not that I mind it, it's just totally inappropriate for the character). He is completely the wrong type.

Movie. Ruined.

Hatfield
5/23/2006, 02:48 PM
they are also looking at Paul Bettany for the role of the joker

http://www.dac.neu.edu/english/kakelly/chaucer/notchaucer.jpg

the "albino" from the da vinci code

picasso
5/23/2006, 11:03 PM
I was watching the flick tonight and finally realized who Christian Bale is.:D
I KNEW I recognized his name!
http://www.virgin.net/movies/galleries/christianbale/pix/01_main.jpg
the kid from Empire of the Sun of course.

Harry Beanbag
5/24/2006, 06:03 PM
Well, I watched it last night and I was shocked. It was actually very good and kicked the **** out of any of the previous Batman movies. I can't wait for the next one now.