PDA

View Full Version : 56 BIGFOOT SIGHTINGS IN OKLAHOMA

Pieces Hit
6/16/2005, 10:32 AM
IT'S HERE I TELL YOU. (http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=ok)

http://www.collegeinsider.com/angela/images/lento-bigfoot.jpg

http://www.erdkunde-wissen.de/erdkunde/seltsam/bigfoot.jpg

Here's what happened to me:

When: 1985
Where: Oologah Lake - Oologah Ok.

I had taken my girlfriend (now my Mrs.) to the shore of Oologah lake to "party" a while.

We had driven my pickup down an abandoned dead end (yes, another dead end), Corps of Engineers road that followed the lake shore, and then I took another smaller and very rocky road that led directly down to the lake.

This was MY spot as I had grown up in this area riding dirt bikes and hiking.
My lake road destination was unused, very remote, and I would be able to hear anyone approaching in a vehicle.

It was dark out and I don't remember any moon.

The lake shore was covered with willowy trees and hardly any underbrush.
Directly next to this spot was a large mossy pond which didn't hardly hold much water.
Most of the water would run off into the lake.
The pond was covered in cattails and was very sloggy and muddy and was perhaps 1' to 18'' deep at most.
This is a pond I would describe as "snakey" and wouldn't be able to walk in without getting stuck due to the mud.

Well, anyway, I lit a small romantic fire and we throw down a pallet and eventually start to "make love".

After awhile my girlfriend goes, "Did you hear that?", and I'm like, "No.", and so I listen.
And I hear heavy footsteps coming at us from across the pond.
SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH. - each about 2 seconds apart.
My blood ran cold.
I knew what kind of pond that was and something was walking right thru it without having to work at walking.

Now let me just add - if someone were trying to sneak up on us to "watch" - all they would have to have done was walk around the pond bank - as there was little ground cover.

But no, this thing knew we were there and it was coming straight at us thru this swampy pond.

Crap!

I had a noisy Colt replica .22 pistol that I kept loaded with long hollow points and I grabbed it and yelled something like, "Hey!".

The footsteps stopped a few seconds and then SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH.

I yelled something like, "I've got a gun you mother #%&#**!@, you better get outta here!"
And closer came - SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH.
And then I fired my pistol in the air...

The footsteps stopped and then SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH.

By that time I was really, REALLY afraid and I fired directly at the sound.
The footsteps stopped and they started back up, coming even closer, now probably within 15 or 20 yards.

I yelled to my woman - "Let's get outta here!", and we left everything and ran for the truck.

I jumped in and got the pickup started and threw it in reverse and beat our way back up that rocky trail expecting all the while a bigfoot to hurl itself onto my truck.

I got on the main road and hooked it on out of there - never to return.

Now, again, let me say, this pond was mucky and snakey and nobody in their right mind was going in there even with waders on because you would be stuck.
And there was no REASON for anyone to BE there.
And this was no bear.
It was walking on two legs in a heavy determined manner.
This was either some strong lunatic who didn't mind getting shot at - or a bigfoot. That's all I can figure.
I might add - I don't know what direction the wind was coming from but I don't recall smelling the foul odor.

We, on the other hand, were in the middle of "making woopie" and my partner was still a little on her "time of the month".
I have often thought that this may have drawn it in.

I did not make this up and whenever my wife and I tell anyone about this we both get the heebie jeebies big time.

This lake also runs up to Nowata, Ok. where there were sightings then.

I didn't see what it was and I'm glad.

Believe It or Leave It.

Mjcpr
6/16/2005, 10:36 AM
I might add - I don't know what direction the wind was coming from but I don't recall smelling the foul odor.
Too easy.

Mjcpr
6/16/2005, 10:37 AM
So, you didn't go back to collect your stuff and/or check for footprints and whatnot?

Are you now or have you ever been friends with 4LIFE?

Scott D
6/16/2005, 10:40 AM
I'm sure there are 56 Bigfoot sightings a day...I've heard he's frequently on Tulsa area golf courses.

Pieces Hit
6/16/2005, 10:40 AM
So, you didn't go back to collect your stuff and/or check for footprints and whatnot?

Are you now or have you ever been friends with 4LIFE?No to both.
Don't know what 4LIFE is.

Posted this primarily for your entertainment, but I do in fact believe in it big time.

Flame away. :O

Mjcpr
6/16/2005, 10:45 AM
Why didn't you back during daylight hours and look around?

Widescreen
6/16/2005, 10:51 AM
More likely it was the "girlfriend's" dad heading their way with a shotgun.

Pieces Hit
6/16/2005, 10:53 AM
Why didn't you go back during daylight hours and look around?I honestly didn't consider it. It was a pretty good clip back there from town and I was not wanting back in. Call me a coward. We didn't even talk about it again for a long time because we enjoy camping a lot. I did upgrade to a shotgun though. :texan:

Reno
6/16/2005, 10:55 AM
Read "Monster" by Frank Paretti.

picasso
6/16/2005, 10:57 AM
you saw nothing right?

coulda been just your friendly Oolagah area frog gigger, noodler or everyday inbred.

Pieces Hit
6/16/2005, 11:07 AM
Coulda been, but I don't think so.
That was some thick mud in that isolated, middle of nowhere pond.
But yeah, coulda been.

BeetDigger
6/16/2005, 11:07 AM
Was it a Saturday after a game? Perhaps it was just one of the Aggie football team players who was lost and looking for the locker room.

Stanley1
6/16/2005, 11:09 AM
It was in your mind.

n8v_ndn
6/16/2005, 11:14 AM
Wow, that's pretty cool.

A woman in SE Oklahoma claims she saw 'something' staring at her through the tent flaps (silhoutte mainly) while she was out camping w/ her husband. She grew up an avid outdoorswoman, but now says she will not camp and still gets uneasy in the woods during daylight.

Widescreen
6/16/2005, 11:17 AM
This is awfully similar to the story told by one of the zodiak killer's surviving victims. Except that they actually saw the guy.

By the way, they never caught the zodiac. He liked to prey on young couples who were sinning.

;)

crawfish
6/16/2005, 11:18 AM
4LIFE should be ashamed of himself.

He hasn't posted this morning...I suspect we'll get a report of sighting #57 sometime today...

Pieces Hit
6/16/2005, 11:18 AM
And like, one was sighted 2 miles from where I camp in the Kiamichis.

(supposedly)

That's in LeFlore county where most of the sightings are listed.

Call me a nut.

Pieces Hit
6/16/2005, 11:23 AM
Also, for you newcomers, this one is speculated to be female as it appears to have breasts. :eek:

http://www.collegeinsider.com/angela/images/lento-bigfoot.jpg

Howzit
6/16/2005, 11:30 AM
Are you people not paying attention? He heard SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH.

It's obviously Bigfoot.

Pieces Hit
6/16/2005, 11:33 AM
Guess you had to have been there.

Mjcpr
6/16/2005, 12:54 PM
http://www.sobsresearch.org/oct04%20bigfoot.jpg

critical_phil
6/16/2005, 12:54 PM
Guess you had to have been there.
Too Easy..................

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/16/2005, 01:00 PM
There have been 56 Bigfoot sightings in Oklahoma

Breaking News
There are 56 more reasons people around the country are laughing at our state

Pieces Hit
6/16/2005, 01:00 PM
You guys slay me.

Pieces Hit
6/16/2005, 01:03 PM
Breaking News
There are 56 more reasons people around the country are laughing at our stateTexas has way more. ;)
The Pacific Northwest is where it's mostly sighted though.

Mjcpr
6/16/2005, 01:07 PM
You guys slay me.
I think you're being sarcastic.

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/16/2005, 01:07 PM
These stories are so rediculous

If this creature is as big as they report 6-7' tall, he sure has been an elusive SOG for a few decades.

Widescreen
6/16/2005, 01:12 PM

If this creature is as big as they report 6-7' tall, he sure has been an elusive SOG for a few decades.

Big people hide all the time. Look at Erick Dampier. He was basically invisible most of the season.

6/16/2005, 01:15 PM
Are we sure of the origine of the "SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH" sound?

Sooner51
6/16/2005, 01:16 PM
post reported

critical_phil
6/16/2005, 01:25 PM
Big people hide all the time. Look at Erick Dampier. He was basically invisible most of the season.

nice job ruining a perfectly good Jason Yanish joke...............

Mjcpr
6/16/2005, 01:27 PM
This is kinda cool......

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=ok

IB4OU2
6/16/2005, 01:39 PM

Are you now or have you ever been friends with 4LIFE?

Yea, if he came back with a plaster cast of a size 14 footjoy......4life no doubt......

Pieces Hit
6/16/2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, and the thing is, these are just regular folks minding their business who run across something remarkable.
And sure there are some liars, no doubt, but most of these accounts I have read from around the nation have a thread of consistency through out.
The thing basically wants to be left alone but it gets hungry and curious sometimes.
Kind of like me.

critical_phil
6/16/2005, 01:45 PM
Jason Yanish.

thank you. i'll be here all week.

tip your wait staff.....................

critical_phil
6/16/2005, 02:05 PM
chris melson, glen sullivan, and mike clopton walk into a bar.................

**** you people.

LoyalFan
6/16/2005, 02:05 PM
Not to worry. Sightings will virtually cease once Dampeer is in Illinois.

Warmly,
Dr. Scholl

Mjcpr
6/16/2005, 02:10 PM
SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH. SPLOOSH. - each about 2 seconds apart. It had been a long time.

Pieces Hit
6/16/2005, 02:13 PM
It had been a long time.I wasn't as skilled in beating my meat back then.
Man, those tenderized steaks were stupendous.
Just can't stop thinkin about it.

ps-
Oh yeah, you mock, but you woulda' been scared too.
I'm fairly good size and don't run from fights but this just wasn't RIGHT. :eek:

Oh yeah x2 -
We once had some coon hunters and dogs turn up during another venue back in the day.

Scott D
6/16/2005, 02:14 PM
There's that flushing sound.

crawfish
6/16/2005, 02:26 PM
chris melson, glen sullivan, and mike clopton walk into a bar.................

Quentin Griffin and Drew Lavender walk under it?

Reno
6/16/2005, 02:47 PM

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2470&SPID=190&SPORT_TAB_SEL=02&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=18720&Q_SEASON=2005

Under the radar recruit my friend! Bob Stoops is a god.

OU4LIFE
6/17/2005, 07:11 AM
I refuse to be associated with this thread in any way, shape or form.

Mostly shape.

Bigfoots are people too!

Mjcpr
6/17/2005, 07:43 AM
I refuse to be associated with this thread in any way, shape or form.

Mostly shape.

Bigfoots are people too!
I felt like we did a good job of keeping the 4LIFE references to a minimum.

picasso
6/17/2005, 08:42 AM
Here's the deal with the Bigfoot and UFO freaks. Just please show me some proof ok?
Especially Bigfoot. You'd think one would be dead somewhere or some Bubba out prospecting for gold would get a lucky pic of him or something.
There was a show on Discovery the other night with so-called Bigfoot experts who positioned cameras with trip wires all about this secluded wooded area. They even used sounds and smells to lure the large swarthy lad out.
The so-called experts got excited when they thought they heard the big fella in the woods but nothing happened. As my brother said, if they just had a night vision camera, they would have realized it was a large rabbit or deer. :D

Howzit
6/17/2005, 08:44 AM
SPLOOSH SPLOOSH SPLOOSH!!1!

WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED!?!?!?

crawfish
6/17/2005, 08:47 AM
I felt like we did a good job of keeping the 4LIFE references to a minimum.

It would have been...wrong...to exclude him completely.

picasso
6/17/2005, 08:47 AM

Well I heard him last night then. He kept coming at me in the field just west of my house.
[Norm MacDonald voice]Then I realized it was, it was a.....cow.

Howzit
6/17/2005, 09:01 AM
I did find this old b&w, though it's a bit grainy...not to mention ugly.

http://img54.echo.cx/img54/3528/chewy4life2ib.jpg

picasso
6/17/2005, 09:04 AM
I did find this old b&w, though it's a bit grainy...not to mention ugly.

http://img54.echo.cx/img54/3528/chewy4life2ib.jpg

not now man, I'm having an omlette and a movement.

crawfish
6/17/2005, 09:06 AM
That's the biggest wookie head I've ever seen.

Mjcpr
6/17/2005, 09:07 AM
Wookie head? That's a vetewan if I've evew seen one.

Howzit
6/17/2005, 09:07 AM

Eyes up, freak.

Pieces Hit
6/17/2005, 09:11 AM

I'm not saying it was - just saying I can't imagine what it was.
As my story describes, it was very strange circumstances indeed.
I'm very outdoorsy, and none of this added up.
But it's ok to make fun, I expect that here.

However, there's a lot of folks who HAVE seen it and it changed their lives.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/

More fun FAQs

Where's the beef?

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_FAQ.asp?id=407

Why no footage?

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_FAQ.asp?id=412

It's all fake right?

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_FAQ.asp?id=751

:cool:

Mountain gorillas weren't even discovered till the 1920's.
How much more, something that's intelligent, lives there, and doesn't want to be found?

For the record, I do not believe in Santa, although there is far more photographic evidence.

Howzit
6/17/2005, 09:15 AM
You're preaching to the choir, bruthuh. Hell, most of these cretins didn't believe in elves and reindeer until I posted photographic evidence.

GDC
6/17/2005, 09:16 AM
I'm not saying it was - just saying I can't imagine what it was.
As my story describes, it was very strange circumstances indeed.
I'm very outdoorsy, and none of this added up.
But it's ok to make fun, I expect that here.

However, there's a lot of folks who HAVE seen it and it changed their lives.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/

More fun FAQs

Where's the beef?

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_FAQ.asp?id=407

Why no footage?

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_FAQ.asp?id=412

It's all fake right?

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_FAQ.asp?id=751

:cool:

Mountain gorillas weren't even discovered till the 1920's.
How much more, something that's intelligent, lives there, and doesn't want to be found?

For the record, I do not believe in Santa, although there is far more photographic evidence.

The small humans they found fossils of in Indonesia recently probably are the basis of various culture's "little people" legends, and further support the idea that there are still some unknowns out there.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25024&highlight=hobbits

OU4LIFE
6/17/2005, 09:24 AM

you should see my feet.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/17/2005, 09:27 AM
I think there's quite a few 'thing's we don't know about.

One example is the giant squid that only like 5 people on the planet have ever seen because it lives in water so deep it's dangerous for any of our contraptions to dive down and investigate. Think about that for a minute - makes you wonder what the hell else is down there, huh?

If you people would turn off 'Hos Sleeping with Construction Workers' on TV and put it on something like the Discovery channel or the History Channel you might know this.

STIMMALATE CHO MIND, FOO!

picasso
6/17/2005, 09:30 AM
I think there's quite a few 'thing's we don't know about.

One example is the giant squid that only like 5 people on the planet have ever seen because it lives in water so deep it's dangerous for any of our contraptions to dive down and investigate. Think about that for a minute - makes you wonder what the hell else is down there, huh?

If you people would turn off 'Hos Sleeping with Construction Workers' on TV and put it on something like the Discovery channel or the History Channel you might know this.

STIMMALATE CHO MIND, FOO!

they've actually caught that large squid before. it's in my book of the unexplained.
All I'm saying is if there's a Bigfoot, we'd have solid proof. Not a goofy grainy film of Uncle Joe walking in a Goerilla suit. We'd have hair, poop or something wouldn't we?

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/17/2005, 09:38 AM
they've actually caught that large squid before. it's in my book of the unexplained.
All I'm saying is if there's a Bigfoot, we'd have solid proof. Not a goofy grainy film of Uncle Joe walking in a Goerilla suit. We'd have hair, poop or something wouldn't we?

Yeah - I think so.

I don't know what I believe about the whole Bigfoot thing. But I do think it's foolish to assume we know about every living thing and that there's nothing we haven't seen, you know?

What if Bigfoots bury their dead in deep, deep holes kinda like cats bury turds? We'd never find a body. Doesn't mean they're not down there - just that we haven't found one.

I guess I just like to think that there's a lot of stuff in this world that we have yet to discover and learn about. Kinda like dolemite. We need to cut him open and see what's up with that thing...

Pieces Hit
6/17/2005, 09:46 AM
We'd have hair, poop or something wouldn't we?"The short answer: Yes, there is quite a bit of physical evidence. Tracks, hairs, scat, and tree damage are all "physical evidence." People tend to misuse this phrase when they really mean "physical remains."

Evidence vs. Remains

The assertion that there is absolutely no physical evidence is absolutely false. There is more physical evidence than most people realize. Physical evidence is found every month in various areas across the country. Distinct tracks that do not match other animal tracks, hairs that match each other but no known wild animals, and large scats that could not be made by any known species, are all "physical evidence."

The presence or absence of "physical remains" is a wholly different matter. "Physical remains" means body parts, or fossils of body parts. Though mammals may leave tracks, scats and hairs behind, they do not leave body parts behind very often. Body parts of mammals are only available when they die. Thus availability of physical remains is initially determined by population size and lifespan. A rare species with a long lifespan will leave very little physical remains, collectively, for humans to find. The probability of humans actually finding and collecting and identifying those remains before they are completely reabsorbed into the biomass complicates the "physical remains as evidence" equation dramatically."

I've read some pretty fascinating stuff about how hair sample dna's show they're of a primate species but unidentifiable. etc.

But look to the experts to argue this case.

I'm just a novice.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/17/2005, 09:47 AM
Didn't they find some course, weird hairs that had DNA that they couldn't identify?

Or did I make that up?

Mjcpr
6/17/2005, 09:53 AM
What if Bigfoots bury their dead in deep, deep holes kinda like cats bury turds?
Don't you think we'd have stepped in one by now, missy?

Didn't they find some course, weird hairs that had DNA that they couldn't identify?
That was our good friend, Hairy.

Friggin' chicks, man.

picasso
6/17/2005, 09:55 AM
"The short answer: Yes, there is quite a bit of physical evidence. Tracks, hairs, scat, and tree damage are all "physical evidence." People tend to misuse this phrase when they really mean "physical remains."

Evidence vs. Remains

The assertion that there is absolutely no physical evidence is absolutely false. There is more physical evidence than most people realize. Physical evidence is found every month in various areas across the country. Distinct tracks that do not match other animal tracks, hairs that match each other but no known wild animals, and large scats that could not be made by any known species, are all "physical evidence."

The presence or absence of "physical remains" is a wholly different matter. "Physical remains" means body parts, or fossils of body parts. Though mammals may leave tracks, scats and hairs behind, they do not leave body parts behind very often. Body parts of mammals are only available when they die. Thus availability of physical remains is initially determined by population size and lifespan. A rare species with a long lifespan will leave very little physical remains, collectively, for humans to find. The probability of humans actually finding and collecting and identifying those remains before they are completely reabsorbed into the biomass complicates the "physical remains as evidence" equation dramatically."

I've read some pretty fascinating stuff about how hair sample dna's show they're of a primate species but unidentifiable. etc.

But look to the experts to argue this case.

I'm just a novice.

well that's what I was getting at.

Still not sold but hey, more power to the furry bastards if they're out there.

OU4LIFE
6/17/2005, 10:05 AM

Or did I make that up?

sorry about that, but we had some fun didn't we?

good times, juicy...good times.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/17/2005, 10:11 AM
sorry about that, but we had some fun didn't we?

good times, juicy...good times.

I hope you were able to get all that stuff out of your hair.

'Cause I couldn't get it out of mine... :mack:

OU4LIFE
6/17/2005, 10:48 AM
we pay a price for everything we do.....c’est la vie

Zbird
6/17/2005, 09:46 PM
Yep, you might have found the old cow you shot laying there dead.