PDA

View Full Version : Cory Brandon?

FaninAma
6/9/2005, 09:36 AM
The hot rumor is that this OL is about to pull the trigger for OU. Any comments about his skill level?

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/9/2005, 10:40 AM
Is he the kid from Corsicana, TX ?

He is like 6'6 -245 so obviously he will have to gain some weight so he wont get thrown around like a rag doll on the OL, but then again he might be a nice TE, but I think his 40 time is 5.0 so his agility might come into question

I hope we are talking about the same guy :D

FaninAma
6/9/2005, 12:16 PM
Is he the kid from Corsicana, TX ?

He is like 6'6 -245 so obviously he will have to gain some weight so he wont get thrown around like a rag doll on the OL, but then again he might be a nice TE, but I think his 40 time is 5.0 so his agility might come into question

I hope we are talking about the same guy :D

I think it is. I saw his weight listed at 255 but that is still light.

snp
6/9/2005, 01:17 PM
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=9&c=2&cid=386006&nid=1789685&fhn=1

Corsicana, Texas offensive lineman Cory Brandon has made no bones about the fact he's been leaning to Oklahoma, and a visit to Norman this week seems to have finall helped sealed the deal.

“I am going to commit to OU, but I am just waiting to talk to my mom about it," said Brandon, who is currently ranked 9th on the Scout.com Top 100 in Texas. "I can’t talk to her until tomorrow morning, but when I do I am going to tell her that I want to commit. I don’t think she is going to have any problem with my decision, or at least I hope so.”

So what is it about Oklahoma that impressed him?

“Coach Wilson told me that I would have a chance to come in and start as a freshman because they lose so many guys off of next year’s team," Brandon said. "He said if I would really work hard and come to Norman in great shape that I would have a chance to be a starter, and I really like that.”

“The facilities were great and they were really big," Brandon continued. "I thought the weight room was big and the indoor facility was big. It was great. I really liked the academic center and the stadium was really big. I thought the coaches offices were cool and I thought the campus was pretty.”

Final JR (11-2) stats: 80+ pancake blocks; Bench: 300/Squat: 405/Power Clean: 280/Vert Jump: 27"

Ht: 6-6 Wt: 255 40: 5.1

I'd say that's a big 10-4. Expect a verbal within the next few days. But he's looking to be an OL. Way too slow for a TE.

BoomerLake
6/14/2005, 09:01 PM
got to be an OL - we can always use another

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/15/2005, 01:06 PM
From OUinsider

Corsicana, Texas OL Cory Brandon says he wants to be a Sooner, but his mother has other plans.

I've got three words for him

BE A MAN!