http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8066397/

One step closer to hockey.

OklahomaTrombone
6/8/2005, 09:02 PM
IS this the politics/religion forum?

;)

silverwheels
6/8/2005, 11:55 PM
Thank ice cream they did that! I need my hockey.

HoserSooner
6/9/2005, 08:39 AM
I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would. It really sucked in the dead of winter not having any hockey to watch, but I made it though relatively unscathed. :cool:

It will be nice to see the boys in Blue & White back on the ice though...assuming that they all don't retire. :mad:

silverwheels
6/9/2005, 01:14 PM
I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would. It really sucked in the dead of winter not having any hockey to watch, but I made it though relatively unscathed. :cool:

It will be nice to see the boys in Blue & White back on the ice though...assuming that they all don't retire. :mad:
Oh, yeah, Hoser, you're a Leafs fan. That's two of us!

Scott D
6/9/2005, 01:57 PM
I hope Darcy Tucker retires....I hate that little chicken**** bastard.

HoserSooner
6/9/2005, 11:00 PM
Man, I love Tucker! That guy is the grittiest little player around. I have to admit though, if he played for a different team, I'd probably hate him too. He kind of reminds me of Matthew Barnaby, but not as much of a goon. Nobody could ever deny Tucker gives it his all every game, and rarely do you see him take a shift off.

HoserSooner
6/9/2005, 11:01 PM
Oh, yeah, Hoser, you're a Leafs fan. That's two of us!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to silverwheels again. :cool:

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/9/2005, 11:32 PM
In other news the interest level for hockey in Oklahoma has risen .000000000000000001%

silverwheels
6/10/2005, 01:28 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to silverwheels again. :cool:
Sweet. That's the first time anyone's said that! Spek to you!

Scott D
6/10/2005, 01:53 AM
Man, I love Tucker! That guy is the grittiest little player around. I have to admit though, if he played for a different team, I'd probably hate him too. He kind of reminds me of Matthew Barnaby, but not as much of a goon. Nobody could ever deny Tucker gives it his all every game, and rarely do you see him take a shift off.

the only time he takes off is when he's busy hiding behind Domi or someone on his team who is big enough for him to hide behind...which is basically everyone except Domi :P

I'd settle for him getting his bell rung like he was Jesse Boulerice :)

HoserSooner
6/10/2005, 07:58 AM
the only time he takes off is when he's busy hiding behind Domi or someone on his team who is big enough for him to hide behind...which is basically everyone except Domi :P

I'd settle for him getting his bell rung like he was Jesse Boulerice :)

Actually, Tucker rarely plays on a line with Domi. Tucker has had is *** handed to him on a number of occassions. He dishes it out and he takes it just as hard. He is one of the few players who are accountable for his actions on the ice.

If someone lays Tucker out, Tucker takes care of it.

mrowl
6/10/2005, 10:51 AM
FYI, most of the Globe and Mail report was wrong...

http://torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/2005/06/10/1080333-sun.html

OUthunder
6/10/2005, 01:20 PM
It was great this season seeing Minnesota Wild fans cry in there beer to the sports talk shows.

I wish they'd cancel the sport itself ...BORING!

I'd rather watch soccer.

Seibu
6/10/2005, 01:55 PM
`In other news the interest level for hockey in Oklahoma has risen .000000000000000001%`

You said it.

I used to play hockey with Ron Norick`s son back when the Winnipeg Jets were talking relocation. He would always give updates on the meetings his dad would have with Jets officials. He was really talking up the NHL coming to OKC.

Personally, I always wished it wouldn`t happen. Would have been a disaster. Hockey belongs in Oklahoma about as much as Sumo belongs Alberta.

GrapevineSooner
6/10/2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah, keep it in the Great White North so the sport will never grow. :rolleyes:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you have no marketing experience whatsoever.

tulsaoilerfan
6/12/2005, 10:29 PM
`In other news the interest level for hockey in Oklahoma has risen .000000000000000001%`

You said it.

I used to play hockey with Ron Norick`s son back when the Winnipeg Jets were talking relocation. He would always give updates on the meetings his dad would have with Jets officials. He was really talking up the NHL coming to OKC.

Personally, I always wished it wouldn`t happen. Would have been a disaster. Hockey belongs in Oklahoma about as much as Sumo belongs Alberta.
Actually there are quite a few minor league hockey fans here in the state; you might be surprised to hear that the Blazers draw around 7-8000 per game and the Tulsa Oilers average around 4500, which is pretty good IMO.

John

Seibu
6/13/2005, 03:37 AM
John...

Yeah, my family has followed hockey locally since the JP Parise/Wayne Cashman/Bernie Parent days in OKC. It's an understatement to say that hockey has a good following in Oklahoma City and equally so in Tulsa.

But the idea of the NHL moving into Oklahoma City I always thought was just silly. I refuse to believe otherwise. What I meant to say was...'NHL hockey belongs in Oklahoma about as much as...."

I'm hearing rumors of the AHL moving into Tulsa. What's the story there?

soonerjoker
6/13/2005, 09:21 AM
now they can start last season.

tulsaoilerfan
6/14/2005, 11:06 PM
John...

Yeah, my family has followed hockey locally since the JP Parise/Wayne Cashman/Bernie Parent days in OKC. It's an understatement to say that hockey has a good following in Oklahoma City and equally so in Tulsa.

But the idea of the NHL moving into Oklahoma City I always thought was just silly. I refuse to believe otherwise. What I meant to say was...'NHL hockey belongs in Oklahoma about as much as...."

I'm hearing rumors of the AHL moving into Tulsa. What's the story there?
Not much of a story really; the rumor broke during the past CHL season about an AHL team, possibly Cleveland, moving to Tulsa, but it's not going to happen as far as i know.

John

tulsaoilerfan
6/14/2005, 11:07 PM
And yeah, as much as i would love to see an NHL team in Oklahoma, i just don't ever see that happening; we will have to be content with being a good market for minor league hockey.

john

mrowl
6/17/2005, 08:00 AM
WOW, the St. Louis Blues owner is looking to sale with an announcement today...

mrowl
6/17/2005, 08:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2088049

Here is a team that may move... Why pay that high of a tax rate when you can move and get more for your money?

Kansas City would be an option as long as the tax is lower...

Las Vegas should be a prime contender.

Maybe Houston? But we know their record with pro franchises.

Maybe back to Canada? Winnipeg?

And why not OKC? I think OKC is very close to being able to support a pro franchise, but maybe hockey isn't the right choice.

Seibu
6/23/2005, 05:29 AM
Gosh...I would sure hate to see the Blues leave. Remember back in the mid-80's when they were seriously talking relocating to Saskatoon? Don't see a move happening.

Speaking of Winnipeg, the folks there would love to have a team back. They have a very nice new arena. Not sure if it is up to NHL standards however.

And the fans would support it more than Oklahoma City. It's just followed on a different level up there.

Think Okies and Sooner football.

HoserSooner
6/23/2005, 08:21 AM
Gosh...I would sure hate to see the Blues leave. Remember back in the mid-80's when they were seriously talking relocating to Saskatoon? Don't see a move happening.

Speaking of Winnipeg, the folks there would love to have a team back. They have a very nice new arena. Not sure if it is up to NHL standards however.

And the fans would support it more than Oklahoma City. It's just followed on a different level up there.

Think Okies and Sooner football.

There are probably a dozen cities in Canada that would take a NHL franchise, and it would sell out each night, no matter how bad the team blew.

Hamilton, Winnipeg, Quebec City, Halifax, etc. etc.....

It's all economics though.