PDA

View Full Version : Les dreams about us at night

Rhino
6/6/2005, 08:59 AM
If I were an LSU fan, I'd be worried that he's still talking about OU and not about Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, etc.

What a psycho. :les:

Intriguing rematch is possibility (http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStory.asp?ID=050606_Sp_B1_Intri23958_0)
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Writer
6/6/2005

It's a stretch to think Oklahoma and Louisiana State could play in the Rose Bowl next January for the national football championship. It's also a smile.

The Sooners and Tigers will be top 10 contenders in 2005. LSU is loaded, but asking a young OU squad to make its third consecutive national championship appearance might be too ambitious a request.

If not Pasadena, Calif., then how about Dallas and the Cotton Bowl, which matches Big 12 and Southeastern Conference teams?

It's not a rematch of the 2003 national title game that interests me. Although watching the Sooners attempt to avenge that bitter 21-14 Sugar Bowl loss to the Tigers would be entertaining.

Bob Stoops vs. Les Miles is what intrigues. Especially with Miles now coaching at Louisiana State instead of Oklahoma State.

Why Stoops vs. Miles? Well, to quote Kevin Bacon's character in the movie "Diner," because "It's a smile."

It should be noted that Timothy Fenwick Jr., made that comment in "Diner" when asked what had prompted him punch out several windows at his old high school.

One often had the feeling that Stoops and Miles would have enjoyed the opportunity to punch each other's Bedlam lights out.

In the four seasons he coached the Cowboys, Miles' friendship with Stoops took a plunge. It went from cool to downright frigid.

A lot of it was the result of Miles having the audacity to defeat Stoops the first two games they went mano a mano in the Bedlam Series. But Miles really turned up the heat on his frosty relationship with Stoops with some controversial comments.

Five months into his new job in Baton Rouge, La., Miles is at it again. It happened last week in Thibodaux, La., when Miles was asked about a confrontation he had with Stoops after No. 1-ranked OU blasted OSU in the 2003 game, 52-9.

Earlier that week, Miles made a comment that long will hold a special spot in Bedlam history: "Next Saturday, two teams are going to play. One is maybe the best team in college football and the other one is a darn good football team, and we're going to figure out which one is which."

After the Sooners poleaxed the Pokes, Stoops didn't hang around to hear what Miles wanted to say when they met at midfield. He was still miffed the following week when he accused Miles of aiding and abetting media members, whom he believed had taken a sarcastic and negative approach to the game.

"I think there was some sarcasm in that (comment)," Stoops said. "We are one of only two undefeated teams in the whole country and virtually everybody was putting us that way, but not them (Cowboys)."

OU, of course, went on to lose two games that season. Kansas State shocked the Sooners in the Big 12 title game, followed by the national-title loss to LSU in the Tigers' back yard.

It was that Sugar Bowl game Miles recalled when a booster asked him last week about his 2003 verbal battle with Stoops.

"When you guys were playing Oklahoma, and I was representing another school, I watched every play and I was so damn happy that LSU won," said Miles, according to the Baton Rouge Advocate. "I look forward to meeting that team again and that coach."

Whoa. "That" team and "that" coach?

Stoops vs. Miles rekindles memories of Barry Switzer vs. Jimmy Johnson.

Johnson went 0-5 against Switzer and OU the five seasons he coached at OSU. But the man with the magnificent 'do often said he'd love a shot at Switzer when they he had comparable talent.

Johnson proved his point when he left OSU for Miami (Fla.) He faced Switzer and the Sooners three times while coaching the Hurricanes, winning all three, including the 1987 national championship in the Orange Bowl.

Miles has already done a better job than Johnson. He split in four Bedlam meetings and came tantalizingly close to making it 3-1 against Stoops when the Pokes pushed the Sooners last October before losing, 38-35.

Conventional wisdom suggests Miles left a good team for an even better one. While he had upgraded the Cowboys' talent, he inherited an LSU team loaded with blue-chip players recruited by former coach Nick Saban.

So if Miles could more than hold his own against Stoops with a team that didn't match OU's talent level, how would he do if given the opportunity to compete with equal or superior talent?

An OU-LSU series is in the works down the road. Be it the regular season or a bowl, if the Stoops-Miles rematch happens, it'll be a smile.

Dave Sittler 581-8312
[email protected]

picasso
6/6/2005, 09:02 AM
les going to LSU is bad for both them and oSu equally.

GDC
6/6/2005, 09:38 AM
I was just about to post that column, Lester is a prick. :mad:

picasso
6/6/2005, 09:49 AM
I'm pretty sure his lasting memory of Norman is something like 55-9. :)

jk the sooner fan
6/6/2005, 09:59 AM
wow, jealousy and obsession fit him well huh?

NormanPride
6/6/2005, 10:10 AM
Man, he left Ostate at just the right time. They're going to blow hardcore this year, and there's very little anyone can do about it.

Sooner51
6/6/2005, 10:15 AM
goat bait!!!!11!!

PrideTrombone
6/6/2005, 10:22 AM
Wow. He really is just f**ked in the head.

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 10:26 AM
:les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les:

FaninAma
6/6/2005, 10:39 AM
The guy does have some serious issues. He is going to get his *** handed to him in the SEC.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/6/2005, 11:08 AM
:les: THAT TEAM AND THAT COACH!

Eauxkie Tiger
6/6/2005, 11:11 AM
Seems you are the ones obsessed. 2 threads here about Les. Here's what you should be asking yourselves..

So if Miles could more than hold his own against Stoops with a team that didn't match OU's talent level, how would he do if given the opportunity to compete with equal or superior talent?

colleyvillesooner
6/6/2005, 11:18 AM
Seems you are the ones obsessed. 2 threads here about Les. Here's what you should be asking yourselves..

Just so you know, you're ****ed. Les will not keep LSU at the level Saban had them at.

PrideTrombone
6/6/2005, 11:19 AM
Well, now he's at a school that spews its hatred out over a whole conference instead of focusing it on one main "big-brother" rival university. He's gonna get burned out having to hate all those schools with the same intensity.

Rhino
6/6/2005, 11:25 AM
Wait.

Les Miles, the head coach of LSU of the SEC, mentions that he looks forward to meeting OU of the Big 12 to an LSU booster and since we respond to it and laugh about how infatuated and crazy he is, we're obsessed?

That's some good Amos Moses logic there.

Rhino
6/6/2005, 11:41 AM
Seems yeauxu are the eauxnes eauxbsessed. 2 threads here abeauxut Les. Here's what yeauxu sheauxuld be asking yourselves..

Seaux if Miles ceauxuld meauxre than heauxld his eauxwn against Steauxeauxps with a team that didn't match EAUXU's talent level, heauxw weauxuld he deaux if given the eauxpportunity teaux ceauxmpete with equal eauxr superieauxr talent? I fixed your misspellings.

I need more information before answering your question:
Is the team with equal or superior talent in the same state as Stoops' team? Will Les be allowed to focus all his attention and energy on OU, going 2-2 against them, while he goes 26-19 against everyone else in a four-year span? Will Les be allowed to keep his job after losing to Southern Mississippi, Iowa State, Louisiana Tech and getting shutout by Texas Tech?

Flagstaffsooner
6/6/2005, 01:40 PM
The thought of Les Miles' dreams scares me.

TopDawg
6/6/2005, 04:04 PM
I HATE MIAMI! :mad:

picasso
6/6/2005, 04:19 PM
fitty two to nine, cajun biyyyoootch! :D

Luthor
6/6/2005, 04:31 PM

One thing is certain. You guys are going to find out. We all know Les pretty well over the past several years. I'm glad YOU have him.

Eauxkie Tiger
6/6/2005, 05:35 PM
Wait.

Les Miles, the head coach of LSU of the SEC, mentions that he looks forward to meeting OU of the Big 12 to an LSU booster and since we respond to it and laugh about how infatuated and crazy he is, we're obsessed?

That's some good Amos Moses logic there.

It was that Sugar Bowl game Miles recalled when a booster asked him last week about his 2003 verbal battle with Stoops.

He was asked about the incident, so he responded. Big deal. I was wrong on one thing. There are 3 Les Miles threads, not 2, so yes some of you are obsessed.

XingTheRubicon
6/6/2005, 05:39 PM
Have you guys picked which rival you're going to focus on all year forsaking all others yet?

Sooner_Havok
6/6/2005, 06:01 PM
MY bet is they will focus on Vandy and Kentucky. They are the two best teams right? Then Les could Let er' Rip on two schools!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GDC
6/6/2005, 07:34 PM
Even though my spite for all things burnt orange is well documented in this forum, I have to admit to a bit of happiness watching Lester on the sidelines when the Whorns dismantled his team in the second half of their game this past season. :texan:

batonrougesooner
6/6/2005, 08:25 PM
Do you think Les has figured out yet "which is which"?

Brasky7
6/6/2005, 08:38 PM
someone needs to edit that fark of leslie holding mini-leslie, to make em wearing the manly geauxld and purple of louisiana state...

Rhino
6/6/2005, 09:21 PM
He was asked about the incident, so he responded. Big deal. I was wrong on one thing. There are 3 Les Miles threads, not 2, so yes some of you are obsessed. This was an acceptable response:

"When you guys were playing Oklahoma, and I was representing another school, I watched every play and I was so damn happy that LSU won," I don't fault him for this. What is he supposed to say? "Oh, I rooted for OU - conference pride, ya know." That won't give his fanbase any confidence in him.

This was not an acceptable response:

"I look forward to meeting that team again and that coach." Why is this necessary? I don't know many DI coaches that talk like that about teams outside of the conference in the offseason.

Even though my spite for all things burnt orange is well documented in this forum, I have to admit to a bit of happiness watching Lester on the sidelines when the Whorns dismantled his team in the second half of their game this past season. :texan: That says a lot coming from gdc.

SOONER44EVER
6/7/2005, 02:53 AM

I think he showed everyone that in numerous season openers. Heres one example:
Cowboys Snatch Defeat

From Jaws of Victory

by Justin Waganer

Senior Sports Writer

September 2, 2002

For the second consecutive year the Oklahoma State Cowboys lost their season opener after having every chance to be the victor. After a 39-36 loss to Louisiana Tech on Saturday night in which the Pokes blew an 18-point lead one can't help but wonder if the momentum is gone?

All the talk in the off-season at Oklahoma State was of carrying over the momentum gained in their massive upset of Oklahoma to finish the 2001 campaign. Late in the Shreveport, Louisiana night on Saturday the Cowboys dropped a 36-18 lead late in the fourth quarter to drop 39-36 after the Bulldogs had TD drives of 80, 99, and 73 yards to win the game.

Head Coach Les Miles tried to put it all in perspective afterwards. “When we look back there will be so many ways we could have won that football game,” Miles said. “It’s going to be hard to look at that film. We’re 0-1, but it’s just one.”

It is just one, but it's just one after what was perhaps the biggest one win in Oklahoma State Football history. The Cowboys looked like the team that beat a top 5 team a year ago for almost three quarters as they were on the brink of blowing out the WAC Champion from a year ago. However, the late game collapse that has haunted the Pokes for the last few years reemerged.

Louisiana Tech Quarterback Luke McCown's quote was one that we should have heard from OSU's Josh Fields after their win. "This is something my heart has longed for for a long, long time. We came so close at Miami and so close at Alabama last year. To pull one out tonight is huge."

No OSU didn't come close to beating Miami or Alabama last year, but they did beat OU and should have beat Southern Miss., Missouri, and Colorado in 2001. For those of you who don't know O-State lost those three by a combined 14 points and would have finished 7-4 and gone bowling if a few things had gone different. The Cowboys have had too many would have, could have, and should haves over the last few years.

Make no mistake about it there are games OSU can win on this schedule that people won't pick them to, but when does the 4-7 change to a 7-4 again? OSU is better than to do it once every 15 years, they should go bowling about three of every five. Until then they will continue to get less than the respect they deserve.

OSU will open their home schedule for 2002 this Saturday at 6 p.m. against Northern Iowa. The game will not be televised.

Any other questions? :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/7/2005, 07:00 AM
Even though my spite for all things burnt orange is well documented in this forum, I have to admit to a bit of happiness watching Lester on the sidelines when the Whorns dismantled his team in the second half of their game this past season. :texan:I was at The Library Bar w/ Petro Sooner for that game. The bartender almost kicked me out of the bar for getting excited that texass kept scoring. She thought I was rooting for instead of against.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/7/2005, 11:19 AM
:les: STEP OFF, OBSESSORS!!!

RacerX
6/7/2005, 12:49 PM
I HATE MIAMI! :mad:
WORD!!!!!!http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon15.gif

roostercogburn
6/7/2005, 12:55 PM
screw les and the horse he road out on.

NormanPride
6/7/2005, 01:22 PM
screw... the horse he road out on.

You don't want to go there, especially after he's had his way. That's just wrong. :eek:

jdsooner
6/7/2005, 04:55 PM
With the treatment I received from rude lsu fans before, during, and after the Sugar Bowl, I would say that lester miles has gone to the right place. Go Bama!

oufan1
6/7/2005, 09:10 PM

your the one on our message board asswipe, talk about obsession.

tigerhead
6/8/2005, 01:37 AM
Why do you Sooners dislike Les Miles so much. One thing is for sure LSU is not OSU. We are the flagship University in the great state of Louisiana.Les Miles is going to have a lot more to work with at LSU than he did at OSU. You guys know OU is tough to compete with. It is a the same type situation that Nick Saban had at Michigan State.Saban did a great job at LSU partly because he had a whole lot more talent to work with. Michigan is the dominate school in that state and in that part of the U.S. for that matter. I hope we get a chance to play the Sooners some day so we can say Geaux Tigers and "Let'r Rip".
P.S. Beat the Horns !

Soonerpsycho
6/8/2005, 06:02 AM
Stoops Fires Back (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=stoopsvsmiles)

MamaMia
6/8/2005, 06:46 AM
Thats just it. He ended up not being able to hold his own. I think Les is right where he belongs; in a place that doesnt require any class. The Tiger fans are right up Les's alley.

I was really going to miss the free entertainment Les provided by periodically making a total idiot out of himself. Little did I know that he would continue to do so.

GDC
6/8/2005, 06:52 AM
Stoops Fires Back (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=stoopsvsmiles)

OU Caravan: Stoops has an answer for Miles' words
By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
6/8/2005

View in Print (PDF) Format

Sooner coach finds humor in comments by LSU's new coach.

The shot Les Miles took last Sunday at Oklahoma and Bob Stoops was returned by the Sooner coach Tuesday during the Sooner Caravan at the OU-Tulsa Schusterman Center.

"He sure does think about me a lot, doesn't he?" Stoops said.

Miles, now head coach at Louisiana State after four years at Oklahoma State, said during a similar fan function in Thibodaux, La., that he was happy the Tigers defeated the Sooners in the 2003-04 national championship game.

"When you guys were playing Oklahoma (in the national championship) and I was representing another school, I watched every play and I was so damn happy that LSU won," Miles told LSU fans, according to The Baton Rouge (La.) Advocate. "I look forward to meeting that team again, and that coach."

Tuesday, Stoops -- who didn't shy away from cross-state verbal exchanges with Miles when Miles was leading the Cowboys -- responded to both media and fans.

"I find it humorous," Stoops told about 1,000 fans on the lawn of the Schusterman Center. "It cracks me up. He thinks about me a lot.

"I thought, 'Boy, I bet it was hard (last
season) for him to watch us raise our third Big 12 championship trophy."

Stoops and Miles met five times in Bedlam contests, with Stoops winning three. But OSU almost derailed Oklahoma's national championship hopes in 2000 (a 12-7 OU victory) and again in 2004 (a 38-35 OU triumph). And in 2001 and 2002, the Cowboys scored Bedlam upsets that cost the Sooners any hope of a national title.

OSU and Texas, of course, were frequent targets of humor at the event. Even emcee Chris Lincoln -- a Missouri graduate and longtime Tulsa broadcaster -- got in on the fun.

"I don't know if you heard or if any of you (care)," Lincoln began, "but Oklahoma State announced today that athletic director Harry Birdwell has re signed. Apparently, he did that before coach Gundy could suspend him."

Lincoln's joke was in reference to Mike Gundy's dismissal or suspension of seven OSU players since becoming head coach.

In private, Stoops addressed rumors that running back Adrian Peterson might not be completely healthy in the fall because he's not aggressively rehabilitating a shoulder injury following surgery in January.

"There's a lot of things said that aren't true or embellished or sensationalized," Stoops said. "No, he'll be fine. It's fairly common, and the success rate for recovery is usually very high."

Stoops said every high school senior in the current recruiting class is academically eligible, and two junior college players are finishing summer school and "should be ready to go" in the fall.

Stoops, OU athletic director Joe Castiglione, men's basketball coach Kelvin Sampson and women's basketball coach Sherri Coale were featured speakers.

tigerhead
6/8/2005, 11:48 AM
In four years how many times did Coach Les Miles beat Bob Stoops ? I can't seem to remember .

XingTheRubicon
6/8/2005, 12:14 PM
In four years how many times did Coach Les Miles beat Bob Stoops ? I can't seem to remember .

It was two, Les beat Bob two ti..........I'm sorry did you ask that question because you lack the ability to count?

LSUdeek
6/8/2005, 02:41 PM
I've stayed out of this thread and the others because I distinctly sense that the LSU fans frequenting this board are being baited.

Let's let our season speak for itself. If we finish anything less than 10-1, the Sooners will have been right in saying our coach puts everything into one rivalry game while forsaking all others. Our talent is simply heads and tails above everyone else in the league and should represent itself that way on the field.

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/8/2005, 02:47 PM
I've stayed out of this thread and the others because I distinctly sense that the LSU fans frequenting this board are being baited.

Baited?

You people take the E world too seriously

LSUdeek
6/8/2005, 02:50 PM
Baited?

You people take the E world too seriously

Every post about LSU, Les Miles, or Louisiana brings out all of the "let er rip", nutria, sewage, sugar bowl mistreatment, etc. jokes. It's getting old.

Rhino
6/8/2005, 02:53 PM
I didn't post this to bait LSU fans.

I posted it to make fun of Les.

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/8/2005, 02:59 PM
Every post about LSU, Les Miles, or Louisiana brings out all of the "let er rip", nutria, sewage, sugar bowl mistreatment, etc. jokes. It's getting old.

c'mon .....The "Let er Rip" and the "I'll play any sucker in this country" will NEVER get old

NormanPride
6/8/2005, 03:33 PM
Yeah, how can you honestly expect us to drop that stuff? And get used to it. Your rivals are going to be quoting that abortion of a coach all damn year.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/9/2005, 08:50 AM
I was really going to miss the free entertainment Les provided by periodically making a total idiot out of himself. Little did I know that he would continue to do so.

Hey, don't worry Mom - we'll have plenty to laugh about once Gundy starts running his head. Wait and see....

Eauxkie Tiger
6/9/2005, 10:53 AM
c'mon .....The "Let er Rip" and the "I'll play any sucker in this country" will NEVER get old

"any sucker" includes "that team and that coach".

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/9/2005, 11:01 AM
I realllllly hope Les gives the country some classic one liners this season :D

1stTimeCaller
6/9/2005, 11:11 AM

you obviously have no idea when Les said that do you?

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/9/2005, 11:24 AM
:les: I LOVE THIS TEAM'S RESOLVE!!!

Man, I love me some Lester..

picasso
6/9/2005, 11:34 AM
"I think the team played with great compassion and resolve. They were very steadfast and up to the daunting challenge presented before us."

"I think I'll go to Burger King and have a Whopper."

kelloggOUballa
6/9/2005, 11:35 AM
LSU already sucked and they just got worse

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/9/2005, 11:37 AM
"I think the team played with great compassion and resolve. They were very steadfast and up to the daunting challenge presented before us."

"I think I'll go to Burger King and have a Whopper."

:les: NO PICKLES!!!!

picasso
6/9/2005, 11:40 AM
"There's only two burgers I like on the menu at Burger King. One is the best in the country and the other one is just a patty smashed between two lightly cooked buns."
"I'm going to find out which is which."

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/9/2005, 11:42 AM
' I watched them make my Whopper and I loved every moment. I'd love to meet that cheese at that Whopper...'

picasso
6/9/2005, 11:45 AM
"I'm sure this tremendous Whopper would be much more enjoyable if were to have a hat that wasn't 2 sizes too small."

batonrougesooner
6/9/2005, 11:46 AM
"There's only two burgers I like on the menu at Burger King. One is the best in the country and the other one is just a patty smashed between two lightly cooked buns."
"I'm going to find out which is which."

Later that day...

Lady at the drive-thru: "Here's your grilled chicken sandwich sir. Thank you for choosing Burger King."

Les: "This is not what I wanted, this is not what I planned for."

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/9/2005, 11:47 AM
'...I sure hated watching them hoist that Whopper over their heads for the third time...'

picasso
6/9/2005, 11:52 AM
"I'm am not satisfied with this."

"I do not celebrate moral Whoppers."

"It was tremendous but it was not scrumptulescent."

LSUdeek
6/9/2005, 03:59 PM
LSU already sucked and they just got worse

interesting, thought-provoking, and inspired take. good job.

picasso
6/12/2005, 01:56 PM
Stoops-Miles jabs provide cheap fun
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Writer
6/12/2005

View in Print (PDF) Format

Baseball can have its Hot Stove League for winter entertainment. Here in college football country, you can't beat the Stoops-Miles Debates for spring and summer fun.

Too bad some fans don't get it. They get their knickers in knots instead of enjoying the harmless jabs Bob Stoops and Les Miles lob at each other. They need to let the coaches' comments speed up an off season that lasts way too long.

Stoops doesn't take Miles' remarks anywhere near as seriously as his supporters. Oklahoma's coach demonstrated again last week that he relishes the opportunity to engage in a little verbal jousting with the former Oklahoma State coach, who is now working at Louisiana State.

As for Miles, he's mystified his latest quotes created an uproar with Sooner fans and some local media members.
Miles told an LSU booster group he was cheering for the Tigers when they beat OU in the Sugar Bowl to win the 2003 national championship.

Where's the shock in that revelation? Name me an OSU coach who ever wanted his bitter in-state rival to win a national title in any sport. And vice-versa.

What really surprised Miles was the reaction to his comment about looking forward to playing Stoops and the Sooners again.Miles
insisted in a telephone interview from the new $1 million home he purchased in Baton Rouge, La., that he didn't mean any disrespect to OU, its coach or fans.

"They need not be so concerned," Miles said. "I have great respect for those (OU) people. They are part of a great, historic football team.

"And I look forward to any time that we meet, because if that happens it's generally a compliment to both institutions."
Stoops fired back during an OU Caravan stop last Tuesday in Tulsa. He joked that Miles seems preoccupied with the Sooners, their coach and the championships they've won and the title games they've played in.

Well, yeah. There isn't a coach blowing a whistle and toting a clipboard who wouldn't want the opportunity to reach the pinnacle of his profession.

"For me not to look forward to facing the Sooners in a post- season game, wow, that would be foolish," Miles said. "Certainly I'd look forward to facing those guys again, and would do so very respectfully.

"Jiminy Christmas. I'd like to play them again in that exact same (national title) game. What an advantage for us all to repeat that game."

Why wait for a bowl game? And why wait until 2018, when an OU-LSU regular-season series is supposed to start?

OU athletic director Joe Castiglione needs to get on the horn with LSU AD Skip Bertman and suggest they start the series in 2006. After all, teams were left scrambling to add another game after the NCAA approved a 12th regular-season game starting next year.

Unfortunately, there are two problems with that grand plan.

The first being that most schools will add yet another cupcake nonconference team. And we'd hear the tired excuse that OU and LSU play in tough conferences, so they don't need another difficult opponent.

Big 12 coaches might not have that excuse much longer. Sources confirm league officials are considering a proposal that would require teams to schedule at least one nonleague game against a BCS school starting in 2006.

If that rule went into effect in 2005, six Big 12 schools wouldn't be in compliance: Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, OSU and Texas Tech.

The second roadblock is that LSU has already filled the 12th-game slot. The Tigers agreed to a 10-game, home-and-home series with Tulane.

A home-and-home series against an in-state rival that isn't considered in LSU's league? Goodness, what creative thinking.

Tulane athletic director Rick Dickson played a major role in getting LSU to agree to the series. If Dickson becomes OSU's next AD, as some have speculated, perhaps he'll ramrod a similar deal with Tulsa.

OSU vs. Tulsa home-and-home for 10 consecutive years? Talk about your pipe dreams.

But I digress. It's an OU-LSU series we need to happen ASAP, instead of hoping it materializes in a bowl. Even though LSU has added Tulane, the Tigers could drop someone else if they really want a part of Stoops and the Sooners.

"I've got to first see if I can get my way out of this SEC and get to a bowl," Miles said. "But wouldn't that bowl game (OU-LSU) make for great press?"

Would it ever. Until then, we'll have to survive on the Stoops-Miles Debates to get our spring and summer football fix.

If you can't have the real deal, the alternative is proving to be a real hoot for those of us whose knickers aren't all knotted up.
What a freakin knob. Does he really think anybody can't figure out he was trying to be cute with his initial statements?
C'monnnn Lester, we all know you try your darndest to look like Billy Badass in your interviews.

heh.

Brasky7
6/12/2005, 07:52 PM
man, i wish i had as cool of a catchphrase as "Let 'Er Rip"...

[LSU AD]Hey Leslie, how would you feel about a guaranteed win versus Tulane?[LSU AD/]

[Miles]Let 'Er Rip...[Miles/]

~

[Leslie's Fishing Buddy]Hey Leslie, I gotta fart, do ya mind?[Leslie's Fishing Buddy/]

[Miles]Let 'Er Rip...[Miles/]

~

[Leslie's Wife]Hey Bitch, you'd better take down the flag, it's awful windy and you don't want it to get torn.[Leslie's Wife/]

[Miles]Let 'Er Rip...[Miles]

~

[Stillwater Pet Cemetery Worker]Leslie, you want i should dig up your former lover, i mean sheep?[Stillwater Pet Cemetery Worker/]

[Miles]Let 'Er RIP[Miles/]

:eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie: :eddie:

Geekboy
6/12/2005, 08:04 PM
Would you people just please knock it off?!?!?

Wait.....this is your forum. Nevermind.

Eauxkie Tiger
6/12/2005, 10:33 PM
http://img296.echo.cx/img296/5848/scooner3vn.jpg
Stunned Okie?

Scott D
6/12/2005, 10:43 PM

Probation for the Les Miles era will only be a matter of time.

Oklahoma State Reported Minor Violations to NCAA
Email this Story

Jun 12, 12:51 PM (ET)

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - Oklahoma State has reported several minor violations of NCAA rules in the past two years, a newspaper reported Sunday.

Among the violations, two football graduate assistants failed to enroll in enough courses at Oklahoma State and a school vice president improperly agreed to have an advertisement hung on a gym wall, according to a story in Sunday's editions of The Oklahoman.

Graduate assistants David Rausch and Chris McCurry violated an NCAA bylaw by not being enrolled in at least 50 percent of the institution's minimum hours during the 2003-04 school year, the newspaper reported. In response, a letter of admonishment was issued and corrective measures were taken to monitor graduate assistants' enrollment hours.

Oklahoma State vice president Michael Heintze agreed to purchase an institutional advertisement to be hung on the wall of the gymnasium of a Texas junior college. The ad was removed, and a compliance and rules discussion with Heintze took place.

Also, former strength and conditioning coach Gary Calcagno broke an NCAA rule by showing recruits a videotape of various types of weight training.

XingTheRubicon
6/12/2005, 10:44 PM
http://img296.echo.cx/img296/5848/scooner3vn.jpg
Stunned Okie?

It's less exciting when it's not your first championship game in 50 years.