PDA

View Full Version : Misery

Norm In Norman
6/6/2005, 07:36 AM
Outside temp: 68
Inside temp: 85

It smelled bad enough when it was 72 in here. It was like a reverse cave effect or something going through the front doors. There was a wall of heat.

Also, somebody thought they would cook some bacon on my floor. WTF? Nothing like the smell of greasy microwaved bacon first thing in the morning when you walk into the 85 degree office. Gah.

I can't work in these conditions. Maybe I need to go break someone's ankles.

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 07:42 AM
Ain't it fun being the first one into the office . . .

crawfish
6/6/2005, 07:56 AM
Can you bane the guy who sets the thermostat?

Norm In Norman
6/6/2005, 08:06 AM
I guess the cooling system must have broken down this weekend (ya think?). I wish there was a thermostat I could control. In fact, i wish there was a window that would open. That would solve a lot.

I went and sat in the server room for a while to cool down. I may be heading there again soon. I was actually expecting it to get somewhat cooler in here.

IB4OU2
6/6/2005, 08:08 AM
I guess the cooling system must have broken down this weekend (ya think?). I wish there was a thermostat I could control. In fact, i wish there was a window that would open. That would solve a lot.

I went and sat in the server room for a while to cool down. I may be heading there again soon. I was actually expecting it to get somewhat cooler in here.

Just go home.....no one can work under those conditions.......

TopDaugIn2000
6/6/2005, 08:08 AM
I'm with ya Norm. The A/C for my office and the one next to it (which is used for storage) is broken. Has been since last fall. And the one window I have is sealed shut. GRRRRRRRR They keep promising to get it fixed, but so far I guess I haven't bitched loud enough to actually get anything done. Course it doesn't help that our maintenance guy sleeps in the back corner office most days. As it gets hotter, I guess I'll just gripe more.

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 08:23 AM
The HVAC units in large buildings are a total pain to keep set right. Especially when you share a thermostat with several other offices. There are parts of the clinic that are like an icebox and others an oven.

The air in my office goes off and on all day and is very, very loud. And my office often feels like a server room . . .

And Norm, I'd say keep a small fan at your desk if you can . . .

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/6/2005, 08:25 AM
This will be the best thread of the day.

I can smell it...

OU4LIFE
6/6/2005, 08:26 AM
like the one this guy uses for his car air-conditioning.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Kerig/giant_fan.jpg

Norm In Norman
6/6/2005, 08:27 AM
UPDATE: It feels like it might be about 84 now. If the AC gets fixed, I guarantee it will be about 60 this afternoon and I'll have to turn on the space heater or something.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/6/2005, 08:38 AM
Norm, it's just a psychological trick. Keep the workers uncomfortable and they'll be more alert and productive.

Go kick your boss in the knees and report back. We'll wait right here...

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 08:41 AM
like the one this guy uses for his car air-conditioning.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Kerig/giant_fan.jpg

I'm sure I'd agree with you if I could see the freakin' image . . . dang websense.

Mjcpr
6/6/2005, 08:42 AM

I can smell it...
That's just Norm working up a little BO.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/6/2005, 08:43 AM
I can always count on you, Pat.

C&CDean
6/6/2005, 08:45 AM
It's management's ploy to shed a few pounds off you overweight, underworked state employees. Just focus on the alphas, ignore the deltas. In with the good, out with the bad. Breathe with me Norm...............

picasso
6/6/2005, 08:46 AM
Geez Norm, don't tell me you wore stockings today too. that would be adding insult to injury without a doubt.

OU4LIFE
6/6/2005, 08:47 AM
I can always count on you, Pat.

and you can count on me, waiting for you, in the parking lot

OU4LIFE
6/6/2005, 08:48 AM
That's just Norm working up a little BO.

so you're saying that Norm smells like microwave bacon, Pat?

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/6/2005, 08:49 AM
so you're saying that Norm smells like microwave bacon, Pat?

You're making me hungry... :eddie:

OU4LIFE
6/6/2005, 08:50 AM
oh, you said hungry...nevermind.

C&CDean
6/6/2005, 08:50 AM
I just got this mental image of Norm - with a couple strips of sizzling bacon on his head. I can't stop laughing.

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 08:51 AM
Norm, it's just a psychological trick. Keep the workers uncomfortable and they'll be more alert and productive.

Go kick your boss in the knees and report back. We'll wait right here...

OSHA (http://www.osha.gov) :D

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 08:54 AM
In 1911, Frederick Taylor, known as the Father of Scientific Management, published Principles of Scientific Management in which he proposed work methods designed to increase worker productivity. One of his famous experiments had to do with increasing the output of a worker loading pig iron to a rail car. Taylor broke the job down into its smallest constituent movements, timing each one with a stopwatch. The job was redesigned with a reduced number of motions as well as effort and the risk of error. Rest periods of specific interval and duration and a differential pay scale were used to improve the output. With scientific management, Taylor increased the worker's output from 12 to 47 tons per day! The Taylor model gave rise to dramatic productivity increases.

Is there a guy walking around with a stopwatch?

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 08:57 AM
It's management's ploy to shed a few pounds off you overweight, underworked state employees. Just focus on the alphas, ignore the deltas. In with the good, out with the bad. Breathe with me Norm...............

The Hawthorne effect . . .

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/6/2005, 09:01 AM
Mmmm, bacony Norm...

OU4LIFE
6/6/2005, 09:06 AM
just think if he was Blue, you'd be all over him like (someone I won't menation) on a twinkie.

Mjcpr
6/6/2005, 09:13 AM
just think if he was Blue, you'd be all over him like (someone I won't menation) on a twinkie.
I thought you said you didn't drink much?

OU4LIFE
6/6/2005, 09:21 AM
in the afternoon.

paym attenshun

crawfish
6/6/2005, 09:23 AM
There's a good joke here...."yo mama's so fat, she sweats bacon BO"

Well, maybe not a good joke.

TopDawg
6/6/2005, 09:24 AM
There's a good joke here...."yo mama's so fat, she sweats bacon BO"

Well, maybe not a good joke.

Maybe?

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 10:22 AM
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1302496.jpg

Norm In Norman
6/6/2005, 10:45 AM
UPDATE: it's almost made it's way down to 82. Yee haw. And I haven't got any real work done because everyone else's crap decided to break and the people who should be fixing the problems aren't here today. Besides that, it's hard to think in oppressive heat. When I get asked if my project is done this afternoon, I'm afraid my eyeball might pop out of socket. That's gonna succ. I CAN'T WRITE PROGRAMS AND BE TECHNICAL SUPPORT AT THE SAME TIME! CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT????

Boy am I gonna take a long lunch today.

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 10:50 AM
UPDATE: it's almost made it's way down to 82. Yee haw. And I haven't got any real work done because everyone else's crap decided to break and the people who should be fixing the problems aren't here today. Besides that, it's hard to think in oppressive heat. When I get asked if my project is done this afternoon, I'm afraid my eyeball might pop out of socket. That's gonna succ. I CAN'T WRITE PROGRAMS AND BE TECHNICAL SUPPORT AT THE SAME TIME! CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT????

Might be worth knockin' a few back . . . the afternoon might be bearable from drunkytown. :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/6/2005, 10:59 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/chair.gif

ou4me
6/6/2005, 11:04 AM

Whaaaaaaat's happening, Norm?
http://www.the-reel-mccoy.com/movies/1999/images/officespace_lumbergh.jpg

Mjcpr
6/6/2005, 11:27 AM

I can smell it...
I'm afraid you're right.

C&CDean
6/6/2005, 11:29 AM
And how sad is that? When the "Thread O' the Day" award goes to something as lame as this, it's a slooooooooooow and boooooooooring day.

proud gonzo
6/6/2005, 11:30 AM
you got it

Mjcpr
6/6/2005, 11:30 AM
And how sad is that? When the "Thread O' the Day" award goes to something as lame as this, it's a slooooooooooow and boooooooooring day.
Exactly.

IB4OU2
6/6/2005, 11:33 AM

Hey, I'm tryin'............

C&CDean
6/6/2005, 11:35 AM
Hell, somebody at least fark Norm's face in where that baseball is with the pigs. Or put up a pron-norm with sizzling bacon-wrapped nips, or a pic of Norm cooking bacon in the roll under his man breasts. Something. Anything. I'm freaking dying a million deaths here......

OU4LIFE
6/6/2005, 11:38 AM
me, not so much with the trying.

Norm In Norman
6/6/2005, 12:15 PM
Update - I think we've hit the upper 70s. It's almost bearable now. I walked out for lunch and it felt cooler outside.

OU4LIFE
6/6/2005, 12:23 PM
NORM STAGED A WALK-OUT!

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 12:25 PM
Just make sure you know where your Swingline is . . . at all times.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/6/2005, 01:00 PM
NORMA RAE! NORMA RAE! NORMA RAE!!!

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 02:00 PM
Just a few of more hours to go Norm . . . or less if you get off earlier.

Norm In Norman
6/6/2005, 02:05 PM
Update: If you don't move and have the fan blowing right on you, it seems a lot cooler than it is. It's probably still around 79 or 80 degrees.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/6/2005, 02:09 PM
I'll bet you're stinky.

OU4LIFE
6/6/2005, 02:18 PM
stinky like A FOX!

IB4OU2
6/6/2005, 02:48 PM
Update: If you don't move and have the fan blowing right on you, it seems a lot cooler than it is. It's probably still around 79 or 80 degrees.

How cool is it to clear a room?..............;)

Sooner_Bob
6/6/2005, 02:55 PM
How cool is it to clear a room?..............;)

Heh . . . I think Norm should've had beans for lunch . . . :mack:

Jimminy Crimson
6/6/2005, 02:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/LongJohn81/bates.jpg

Norm In Norman
6/6/2005, 03:34 PM
Oh yeah, I'm plenty stinky. Serves the bastards right.

TopDawg
6/6/2005, 04:32 PM
I wondered how long it would be before Bates made an appearance.

RacerX
6/6/2005, 04:47 PM
Norm has been making his own gravy :norm: