6/2/2005, 10:41 PM
Hell yeah. http://www.wwe.com/schedules/ppv/

http://repository.wwe.com/galleries/raw_012405/images/08.jpg

Harry Beanbag
6/2/2005, 10:48 PM
**** YEAH!

Rhino
6/3/2005, 01:01 AM
http://repository.wwe.com/galleries/raw_012405/images/08.jpg That is the most homoerotic wrestling picture I've ever seen.

yermom
6/3/2005, 01:15 AM
that sounds like a challenge...

silverwheels
6/3/2005, 01:23 AM
People still watch wrasslin?

jk the sooner fan
6/3/2005, 07:02 AM
apparently

SoonerBorn
6/3/2005, 07:59 AM
This thread needs a cleavage pic, bad.

Phil
6/3/2005, 10:57 AM
Remind me when tickets go on sale so I can be sure not to accidentally get some.

IR4OU
6/3/2005, 10:59 AM
Why hasn't bri chimed in on this one?

GoodoldJR
6/4/2005, 01:16 PM
Boomer Sooner to jim ross and the wwe. :D

the_ouskull
6/4/2005, 04:29 PM
This is awesome. Oklahoma deserves an event like this.

...and while everybody is at the Ford Center, I'll be out robbing trailer parks. Anybody want in?

(And I'm serious about Oklahoma deserving this... JR is from Oklahoma, always represents for OU, and Oklahomans always turn out for the shows that come into town while watching the really good shows (ie - PPV's) go to places that can't fill the arena. I'll bet Oklahoma City fills the arena.

the_ouskull

tulsaoilerfan
6/4/2005, 05:16 PM
I still can't believe people actually pay $ to watch this crap.

John

Flagstaffsooner
6/4/2005, 05:21 PM
Embarassing to the state.

bri
6/4/2005, 10:34 PM
Why hasn't bri chimed in on this one?
'Cause I'm busy queing up for tix. :D

jthomasou78
6/4/2005, 11:27 PM
How come when I posted this like two months ago no one seemed to care then.....? I bet you get to see HHH in a champioship match

Flagstaffsooner
6/4/2005, 11:50 PM
Just when we were getting over the dust bowl Okie image.:mad:

SoonerBorn
6/5/2005, 10:28 AM
FWIW, I think that same picture is on the side of the wrestling hall of fame in Stillwater...

bri
6/5/2005, 11:07 AM
Just when we were getting over the dust bowl Okie image.:mad:
Okay, seriously dude. How is having a major international multimedia sports entertainment company come into OKC and broadcast a global event that showcases the Ford Center and the revitalized downtown area going to HURT the image of Oklahoma?

Jeez, you can not like rasslin', that's fine. But everyone needs to get their panties out of a twist about how it's going to "ruin our state"...

Scott D
6/5/2005, 11:10 AM
well bri, you know how Minnesota is such a f'n hillbilly state because all of them wrastlers that come from there. :rolleyes:

bri
6/5/2005, 11:41 AM
And that Madison Square Garden? Total hick arena.

Scott D
6/5/2005, 11:50 AM
And that Staples Center too...

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/5/2005, 11:57 AM
How many Canadian wrestlers are there....like 15 or 20? Seems more like a canuck thing

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/5/2005, 11:58 AM
Ask 100 New Yorkers who Hulk Hogan is and then ask them who Steve Owens is and see who really is cheering for hillbilly sports ;)

6/5/2005, 12:03 PM
"sports"

LOL.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/5/2005, 12:12 PM
I meant Sports Entertainment :P

the_ouskull
6/5/2005, 12:38 PM
It's like sports, only nobody keeps score. The belts are really just decorations for the person that is currently s*cking the most d*ck.

...or banging the owner's daughter. ...'cause God knows HHHis best years are long behind him.

the_ouskull

bri
6/5/2005, 02:34 PM
Heh.

For a minute I was thinkin' maybe we'd get an Elimination Chamber main event, but I can't even think of four "main event" guys to put in there with Trips and SEA MONSTER DAVE...

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/5/2005, 02:39 PM
Christian ;) Edge ;) Benoit ;) (actually Benoit would be fun just because he would climb to the top of the chamber and try that flying headbutt and of course hit himself more than he hurts the other guy) Gene Snitzky ;) Emotional Kane ;) too many options I think.

Flagstaffsooner
6/5/2005, 02:44 PM
Okay, seriously dude. How is having a major international multimedia sports entertainment company come into OKC and broadcast a global event that showcases the Ford Center and the revitalized downtown area going to HURT the image of Oklahoma?

Jeez, you can not like rasslin', that's fine. But everyone needs to get their panties out of a twist about how it's going to "ruin our state"...That is to sports what Jerry Springer is to talking.

It is entertainment for the people with low IQ's and do not know what a toothbrush is.
http://lustige-ecards.de/bilder/funfire-de-1092259148-68.jpg

bri
6/5/2005, 02:46 PM
Christian's on his way to Smackdown, most likely.

Edge does have the Plot Device Title Shot, but my hope is that he'll have caught on fire and died a horrible death by September.

Benoit would probably be in the match, but I fear he's reached Jericho's level: They gave him the strap for a while, now he's been pushed back down to the midcard. He can get in these kinds of PPV main events, but he'll never sniff the Big Gold Belt again.

Snitzky will NEVER be main event. You may as well pencil Big Vis in that spot. (Let's go Mabel! Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap!)

Emo Kane is always a viable jobber to put in a multichallenger PPV title match, but like Jericho and Benoit, he'll never get the belt again.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/5/2005, 02:47 PM
You forgot the winky loser...now who has the low IQ!!!!

That is to sports what Jerry Springer is to talking.

It is entertainment for the people with low IQ's and do not know what a toothbrush is.
http://lustige-ecards.de/bilder/funfire-de-1092259148-68.jpg

bri
6/5/2005, 02:49 PM
Funny, I know what a toothbrush is, and I like to think my IQ would stack up nicely against anyone else's, thank you very much.

Now, you want to talk about "entertainment" that is actually damaging the nationwide and global perception of Oklahoma, how 'bout Toby freakin' Keith? Every time I see him or hear one of his god-awful "songs", I'm filled with the uncontrollable fear that me and my 13 closest relatives will have to load up the family truck and head out to California to find some work in the fields.

Poor Rose Of Sharon....

Flagstaffsooner
6/5/2005, 02:51 PM
Funny, I know what a toothbrush is, and I like to think my IQ would stack up nicely against anyone else's, thank you very much.

Now, you want to talk about "entertainment" that is actually damaging the nationwide and global perception of Oklahoma, how 'bout Toby freakin' Keith? Every time I see him or hear one of his god-awful "songs", I'm filled with the uncontrollable fear that me and my 13 closest relatives will have to load up the family truck and head out to California to find some work in the fields.

Poor Rose Of Sharon....I have to agree with you there.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/5/2005, 03:03 PM
We can't all be as awesome as Flagstaff!!! What says classy more so than Illegal immigrants.

I have to agree with you there.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/5/2005, 03:06 PM
It amazes me that the WWE sells out Arenas everywhere including Asia, Australia, Canada, New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, Oregon, Michigan. One could say that wrestling is more globally accepted than redneck football, soccer, but not baseball ;)

bri
6/5/2005, 03:11 PM
We can't all be as awesome as Flagstaff!!! What says classy more so than Illegal immigrants.
Actually, they're not illegal immigrants so much as just migrants... (http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~stephan/Steinbeck/grapes.html)

Flagstaffsooner
6/5/2005, 03:15 PM
We can't all be as awesome as Flagstaff!!! What says classy more so than Illegal immigrants.I have a green card.;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/5/2005, 05:29 PM
You know what I was realizing earlier though, you know what would make the spelling bee better. After every correct word, you get a finishing move of a wrestler used on you. I bet the kids wouuldn't answer so fast ;)

IR4OU
6/6/2005, 09:57 AM
I love this bar!

SapulpaSooner
8/8/2005, 04:41 PM
http://newsletter.wwe.com/live_events/unfor080205/images/01.jpg

Is anybody going?

jk the sooner fan
8/8/2005, 04:42 PM
no

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2005, 10:24 PM
ME!

Paperclip
8/8/2005, 10:27 PM
Bummer, don't think my flight from the UCLA game gets back in time. And by "bummer" I mean I wouldn't be going to this if I lived under the bleachers of Ford Center.

OklahomaTrombone
8/8/2005, 10:33 PM
heh

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2005, 10:40 PM
I don't know if you have heard about the PAC 10. They are the greatest conference since the beginning of humanity. Also OU can't possibly win any games this year because we have zero returning experience. SO I say at least go to OKC and watch people beat the crap out of each other ;)

GDC
8/9/2005, 09:29 AM
That is the most homoerotic wrestling picture I've ever seen.

No, this is.

http://paulkatcher.com/images/hogan_warrior.jpg

SapulpaSooner
9/8/2005, 08:57 PM
here is the matchs.

WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Kurt Angle

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Ric Flair vs.Carlito

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters

Edge vs. Matt Hardy Steel Cage Match

Big Show vs. Snitsky

GottaHavePride
9/8/2005, 09:48 PM
Rasslin' sucks. It's soap opera with no hot chicks.

Jimminy Crimson
9/8/2005, 10:08 PM

I assume you're excluding Brooke Hogan? :texan:

GottaHavePride
9/8/2005, 10:12 PM
Nah, she's just statistically negligible. It's 99.99999% sweaty dudes.

SapulpaSooner
9/18/2005, 02:35 PM
JR says BOB might be ther.

OU football Sooners head man and my friend Bob Stoops may be on hand Sunday night in OKC’s Ford Center to see his old pal the Nature Boy attempt to win the Intercontinental Championship for the first time when he challenges Carlito. Flair is a marvel and he truly believes he has “one more run” left in him. To me, that means not only winning the Intercontinental Championship but going after the WWE Championship as well.

This from the Ross Report (http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/jimross/ross091505) on wwe.com

silverwheels
9/18/2005, 02:40 PM
Why would you do this, Oklahoma City? Why would you bring this crap here?

PrideTrombone
9/18/2005, 02:49 PM
JR says BOB might be ther.

OU football Sooners head man and my friend Bob Stoops may be on hand Sunday night in OKC’s Ford Center to see his old pal the Nature Boy attempt to win the Intercontinental Championship for the first time when he challenges Carlito. Flair is a marvel and he truly believes he has “one more run” left in him. To me, that means not only winning the Intercontinental Championship but going after the WWE Championship as well.

This from the Ross Report (http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/jimross/ross091505) on wwe.com

If Bob Stoops actually attends a WWE event, then i'll start the "Fire Bob Stoops" thread myself. :)

GDC
9/18/2005, 09:30 PM

http://www.tecnohispanos.com/albums/albun19/WWSA_2nd_Anni_047_Stacy_Keibler_dScans.highlight.j pg

Stacy Keibler

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2005, 09:36 PM
Maybe because of the Millions of dollars this brings to the local economy through people eating, sleeping, and buying things in Oklahoma City. Maybe because of all of the people who have jobs tonight to feed their families because of the WWE coming to town. Maybe because of the recognition of hosting a pay per view event for the Number 1 ranked cable show on television. Need some more

PrideTrombone
9/18/2005, 10:01 PM

Because, sadly, there's a market for it.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2005, 10:08 PM
Fortunately you are in the minority on the market view. It would appear that you are the one that doesn't realize how appealing their productions are.
1NFL Regular Season L (Colts/Ravens)ESPN7.411,248,000
2Closer, TheTNT4.26,390,000
3Flight THT Fought Back(S)-09/11/2005DISC4.16,997,000
4Chevy Rock N Roll 400TNT3.35,673,000
5NFL Prime Time LESPN3.14,783,000
6HolesDSNY3.05,117,000
6WWE Entertainment (WWE RAW Zone)SPIKE3.04,554,000
8The O'Reilly FactorFOXNC2.94,122,000
8The O'Reilly FactorFOXNC2.94,181,000
8Real World XVIMTV2.93,712,000

silverwheels
9/18/2005, 10:20 PM
Maybe because of the Millions of dollars this brings to the local economy through people eating, sleeping, and buying things in Oklahoma City. Maybe because of all of the people who have jobs tonight to feed their families because of the WWE coming to town. Maybe because of the recognition of hosting a pay per view event for the Number 1 ranked cable show on television. Need some more

Need some more what? I doubt that a whole lot of people would go to Unforgiven from far enough away that they'd need a hotel Downtown. Even if WWE didn't come here, there's always a country concert or a Blazers game, both of which happen much, much more often here than wrasslin. Also, in case you didn't hear, it looks like we have a great chance to be the temporary home to the New Orleans Hornets. That will bring way more money to the city than WWE. Professional "wrestling" is garbage. Our city will do very well without it.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2005, 10:42 PM
I wish was Bri here for real. You obviously don't know much about wrestling if you don't think lots of people follow them around. Also you don't take into account all of the festivities that occur because of this being in town. Thousands of people show up for the press conferences. Trust me when I tell you that the Blazers and country concert generate maybe 1/1000000 the amount of money that the WWE brings. When the blazers play do they sell Millions of dollars in merchandise which think of all of hte taxes the state collects on that. I also don't see what is "garbage" about wrestling, its cool if you don't enjoy it but what have they ever done that will destroy the fabric of Oklahoma City

silverwheels
9/18/2005, 10:49 PM
I wish was Bri here for real. You obviously don't know much about wrestling if you don't think lots of people follow them around. Also you don't take into account all of the festivities that occur because of this being in town. Thousands of people show up for the press conferences. Trust me when I tell you that the Blazers and country concert generate maybe 1/1000000 the amount of money that the WWE brings. When the blazers play do they sell Millions of dollars in merchandise which think of all of hte taxes the state collects on that. I also don't see what is "garbage" about wrestling, its cool if you don't enjoy it but what have they ever done that will destroy the fabric of Oklahoma City

I haven't watched "wrestling" in over 5 years, and I used to watch it every week. So I do know something about it. I quit watching it because it sucks. Do I look down on other people because they like it? No. I just think it's stupid. But to each his own.

The WWE does make more money than the Blazers or concerts. But not all of that is going to be made in one night here.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2005, 11:02 PM
That's cool then, I understand what you are saying then and as long as you realize that it will bring more positive than negative to OKC.

silverwheels
9/18/2005, 11:04 PM
That's cool then, I understand what you are saying then and as long as you realize that it will bring more positive than negative to OKC.

I just really hate wrestling. That's all. Just giving my opinion about it.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/18/2005, 11:35 PM
Anyone that went, how did the matches turn out?

silverwheels
9/19/2005, 09:21 PM
And of course I get negged anonymously, as I predicted. I'm not mad, but thank you for proving you're a coward, whoever did it.

And then another coward with a very small neg hammer just negged me for pointing out the above. Too funny.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/19/2005, 11:07 PM
I didn't do it, I swear. I didn't get to go but i did get it on pay per view, the matches were really good actually. Ric Flair won the Intercontinental Championship which was cool. Angle beat Cena by disqualification. The Edge Hardy match was awesome.

GDC
9/20/2005, 07:44 AM
Did Stoops show up?

Sooner_Bob
9/20/2005, 08:17 AM
I heard ZZ Top was gonna be there.

bri
6/3/2006, 04:52 PM
You know, I was down in OKC a few weeks ago, and I must commend you guys on the awesome job you did in rebuidling the community after that damn, no good WWE came in and destroyed your fair city.

:D

silverwheels
6/3/2006, 04:55 PM
You know, I was down in OKC a few weeks ago, and I must commend you guys on the awesome job you did in rebuidling the community after that damn, no good WWE came in and destroyed your fair city.

Why would you want to come to OKC? :confused:

;)

bri
6/3/2006, 04:58 PM
Three words:

Free.
Hornets.
Ticket.

Jimminy Crimson
6/3/2006, 05:04 PM