PDA

View Full Version : Keith Clark verbals to OU!

kelloggOUballa
5/25/2005, 11:31 AM
KEITH CLARK, F, 6’9, PUTNAM CITY, OK, Class of 2006. This guy is a stud!

Frozen Sooner
5/25/2005, 11:37 AM
Heh. See my thread on projected frontcourt from last night. :D

silverwheels
5/25/2005, 03:12 PM
Sweet. I went to school with Keith. He's a large fellow.

JohnnyMack
5/25/2005, 04:04 PM
Somebody stole my avatar.

:(

jccouger
5/25/2005, 04:11 PM
I've played against him.

He is a real jackass, I hope he changes his attitude before he gets here.

kelloggOUballa
5/25/2005, 08:34 PM
Somebody stole my avatar.

:(

my bad man i was tryin to see if ne one else would join in.

JohnnyMack
5/25/2005, 09:08 PM
my bad man i was tryin to see if ne one else would join in.

S'all good. I was just givin' you sh*t. Hella spek.

booomer
5/26/2005, 10:15 PM
http://eteamz.active.com/athletesfirstok/images/clark3.JPG

That is good news! :)

Vegas Sooner
5/27/2005, 04:59 PM
Nice

LilSooner
5/30/2005, 09:32 PM
You boys watch what you say about my baby cousin. I have know him since he was in diapers, although you may think he is a jackass on the court he is a really good kid.

TopDawg
5/31/2005, 09:25 PM
I wish Gerald Green was your cousin too.

GDC
6/2/2005, 09:12 AM
You boys watch what you say about my baby cousin. I have know him since he was in diapers, although you may think he is a jackass on the court he is a really good kid.

Sounds like he understands what he's getting into.

OU gets Clark's verbal commitment
By GUERIN EMIG World Sports Writer
6/2/2005

View in Print (PDF) Format

Putnam City star expected to join the Sooners in fall 2006.
NORMAN -- Kermit Holmes hasn't been this crucial to Oklahoma basketball since he was a double-figure scorer and rebounder for Billy Tubbs in 1990-91.

It was on a Memorial Day weekend trip to New Orleans when Holmes went to work on Keith Clark, the double-double senior-to-be at Putnam City, now starring on Holmes' AAU team.

Clark is expected to star for the Sooners in 2006 now that he has verbally committed to OU.

"I told him after my first practice at OU, I wanted to quit," Holmes said. "From high school to college is the sun and the moon. I don't think there's anything he can do mentally or physically, from lifting weights to playing with the best (AAU) talent in the country, to prepare him for a college practice.

"Whether it's Kelvin Sampson's program or Roy Williams' or anybody's, it's going to be a rude awakening."

It seems ruder under Sampson, the kind of coach who can make a world of difference in a youngster's development if that youngster is willing to embrace tough love.

It's a question that hovers over all three nationally touted OU commitments for '06 -- Clark; Nacogdoches, Texas, forward Damion James; and Herndon,
Va., guard Scottie Reynolds -- but one in particular.

"Coach (Holmes) told me college ball is a totally different step," said Clark, who averaged 14 points and eight rebounds to help Putnam City to the '05 Class 6A semifinals.

"All of my bad habits have got to stop now."

"Like a lot of high school kids, I don't think he grasps at times how to battle through adversity," Holmes said.

"It's just frustration," Clark said. "If I think (teammates) can play a lot better than they are, I let it get to me. I know I have to learn how to criticize them the right way."

Clark isn't immune to another bug common in the systems of high school stars.

"There are times he turns it on and can dominate an entire game," said Matt Haas, whose recruiting service, Hoopmasters, has ranked Clark as high as No. 22 among national prospects. "And times you walk into the gym and say, 'Where's he at?' "

"High school players have a tendency to slack off. You can't afford to do that at the next level, especially at a place like Oklahoma."

Said Holmes, "Everyone knows how hard-nosed coach Sampson is. If you accept it and are willing to learn, it will be an easier transition. If you want to rebel against it, you're going to have a tougher time."

It is a message that appears to be sinking in.

"I already know you've got to be thick-skinned," Clark said. "After (college coaches) find out how much you can take, that's when they'll teach you things. First they see where your head is."

Clark could have a future as bright as anyone who steps foot on any campus come fall '06.

"Keith has the talent to be one of the best combination forwards in the country," said Dave Telep, national recruiting director for Scout.com. "He has good size (6-8), athleticism, and he can legitimately play inside and out, which is a huge bonus.

"Going to an in-state school that's close to home where he can play right away, it's an unbelievable opportunity for him. He has a chance to set himself up for rest of his life."

So where is Clark's head 15 months before his scheduled arrival?

"I've got it in my mind from now on, when I step onto the court, I'm playing," he said.

Holmes said, "I told Keith, 'Some of the habits you have, break them. Why not start now?' "

Guerin Emig 581-8355
[email protected]

Rhino
6/2/2005, 09:16 AM
"There are times he turns it on and can dominate an entire game," said Matt Haas, whose recruiting service, Hoopmasters, has ranked Clark as high as No. 22 among national prospects. "And times you walk into the gym and say, 'Where's he at?' " That's probably the best I've heard his games last year described.

Sooner04
6/2/2005, 09:50 AM
I'm a little worried about this kid. All road signs point to head case.

In the event he's more Rashaad Carruth than Nate Carter, well..................bye.

LilSooner
6/2/2005, 09:29 PM
BRANDO!!!!! Stop being a punk. Moose is not a head case. Stop trying to **** me off.

TopDawg
6/3/2005, 08:51 AM
I usedta work for Guerin Emig. He was my favorite boss in the journalism field.

Sooner04
6/3/2005, 09:27 AM
BRANDO!!!!! Stop being a punk. Moose is not a head case. Stop trying to **** me off.
I'm not trying to tick you off, Lil, I'm just using three years of degrading articles as evidence that the kid's got an attitude problem.

A big one at that.

Mjcpr
6/3/2005, 09:38 AM
I'm not trying to tick you off, Lil
It just comes natural.

;)

LilSooner
6/3/2005, 12:06 PM
Having an attitude problem and being a head case are two completely different things.

PrideTrombone
6/3/2005, 12:27 PM
Having an attitude problem and being a head case are two completely different things.

True, but both can lead to the same result in Oklahoma basketball... more transfers under Kelvin. ;)

stoopified
6/19/2005, 11:05 PM
04 many HS studs loaf because they aren't challenged and they still dominate because of talent,Tisdale and Humphrey ring a bell? If Coach Simpson didn't think he could motivate Clark to play hard he wouldn't recruit him.

GottaHavePride
6/20/2005, 01:40 AM
04 many HS studs loaf because they aren't challenged and they still dominate because of talent,Tisdale and Humphrey ring a bell? If Coach Simpson didn't think he could motivate Clark to play hard he wouldn't recruit him.
Erm, Ryan Humphrey wound up transferring out of here. I don't think he's the best example in this argument.

King Crimson
6/20/2005, 10:54 AM
SoonerJAM has a lot earmarks for trolldom. shows up, posts a lot, backhanded style.

Sooner04
6/20/2005, 10:59 AM
Let's try and not compare a guy that averaged 25 points a game for us to a guy that could barely average 10.

TopDawg
6/20/2005, 11:39 AM
Erm, Ryan Humphrey wound up transferring out of here. I don't think he's the best example in this argument.

Ok fine...then take Lou Moore.