PDA

View Full Version : For anyone that still cares about Hockey...

mrowl
5/19/2005, 06:20 PM
The new deal will hopefully be announced in the next week. :D

This is just from something I heard yesterday, no link, just a guy I talked to when I was getting my hair-a cut, he was headed to new york today. I have gotten to know him over the past year, played golf a few times. good guy, I am not as pissed about his play since I have gotten to know him a little bit.

GrapevineSooner
5/20/2005, 10:18 AM
I think yesterday's 14-hour long session has to be taken with a grain of optimism. And the fact that the union finally relented to discussing the Levitt Report (gee guys, why couldn't you have done this in freaking September?!!!) is also a good sign.

JohnnyMack
5/22/2005, 10:25 PM
Goodenow is so not making it out of this with a job.

GDC
5/22/2005, 10:30 PM
What is "hockey"?

BeetDigger
5/26/2005, 06:21 PM
Looks like the deal with Bain is still being reviewed. They have now tiered the money out so that the top teams would get more money in the buyout. They also upped their offer by 500K. So, what looked like a far fetched idea five months ago, now is looking to be getting more traction. When hockey returns, it could be under a single owner. I can't imagine the players being too happy about that.

GottaHavePride
5/26/2005, 06:29 PM
It's going to be Vince McMahon, isn't it? Get ready for the XHL.

mrowl
5/26/2005, 06:42 PM
Looks like the deal with Bain is still being reviewed. They have now tiered the money out so that the top teams would get more money in the buyout. They also upped their offer by 500K. So, what looked like a far fetched idea five months ago, now is looking to be getting more traction. When hockey returns, it could be under a single owner. I can't imagine the players being too happy about that.

<buzzzzzzzzzzzzerrrrrrrr>

nope, will not happen.

The NHL and the PA are VERY CLOSE to a deal. We will maybe have free agent signing starting next week! :D

Can the Stars keep Modano?

GrapevineSooner
5/27/2005, 04:22 PM
Now, somebody other than Eklund is reporting it's close.

mrowl
5/28/2005, 09:16 AM
ESPN has pulled the tv deal for this season, not surprising.

No big deal, they will sign with another network.

mrowl
5/30/2005, 09:40 AM
more good news, The NHL draft combine will be in Toronto on May 31 to June 5.

GDC
5/30/2005, 10:38 AM
Hmm, Yankee haters=hockey fans? Figures.

OklahomaTrombone
6/6/2005, 03:36 PM

GottaHavePride
6/6/2005, 07:04 PM
Hmm, Yankee haters=hockey fans? Figures.
No, I dislike the Yankees and hockey equally.

BeetDigger
6/6/2005, 11:15 PM
<buzzzzzzzzzzzzerrrrrrrr>

nope, will not happen.

The NHL and the PA are VERY CLOSE to a deal. We will maybe have free agent signing starting next week! :D

Can the Stars keep Modano?

Still waiting.

mrowl
6/7/2005, 08:10 AM
the R & D camp started yesterday, some pretty cool ideas...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=127157

I don't think I like the boston lines though.

And more CBA meetings start today.

Scott D
6/8/2005, 05:14 PM
read into it what you will..

TORONTO -- The NHL and the NHL Players' Association have agreed on a salary-cap system, eliminating the biggest stumbling block to the resumption of play next season, the Toronto Globe and Mail reported on its Web site Wednesday.

The paper reported that a source close to the owners, and another close to both owners and players, said there would be a team-by-team salary cap, based on a percentage of the revenue of each franchise.

In what is believed to be a six-year agreement, based on revenue projections by both sides, the salary cap will range from $34 million to $36 million, with the floor from $22 million to $24 million.

The league has previously demanded that the cap be 54 percent of a team's revenue.

However, this does not mean that an overall deal on the lockout is imminent. Negotiators for the players and owners are now working on other issues such as salary arbitration and free agency, according to GlobeandMail.com.

"They still have a ways to go," one source told the paper, although with the cap issue settled there is reason to hope a deal can be reached by early July.

NHL vice-president Bill Daly, the league's chief negotiator, declined to confirm or deny reports of a salary-cap deal.

But he did say publicly on Tuesday that negotiators had moved on to other issues, including salary arbitration, free agency, qualifying contract offers and others.

The lockout caused the cancellation of the 2004-05 season.

mrowl
6/9/2005, 09:31 AM
this stuff was agreed on a week ago.