PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants you wish your town had...

AllAboutThe'O'
5/10/2005, 12:13 AM
After reading this, you can probably gather that I don't live in either OKC or Tulsa. And don't necessarily mention locally-based eateries, generally stick with the chains, national and regional:
Taco Bueno - best fast-food salsa hands down
Rib Crib - love the combination dinner platter
Popeye's - but we're getting one soon. :D
Skyline Chili - Cincinnati institution should branch out nationally
White Castle - so good they made a movie out of it
Don Pablo's - like the fact that you can go back and put as many chips as you want back into your bowl
Steak and Shake - love the half-and-half milkshakes.

yermom
5/10/2005, 12:14 AM
Burger Street (yes, over In-N-Out)
Egg Roll Express
Coney Islander

KaiserSooner
5/10/2005, 12:21 AM
California Pizza Kitchen

Cheesecake Factory

yermom
5/10/2005, 12:28 AM
i almost tried California Pizza Kitchen in Vegas, but we were really hungry and there was a wait

i've managed to not go to a Cheescake Factory yet, despite being close to them twice in like 4 months (South Florida and Vegas)

aren't we getting one in the OKC area soon? maybe i'm confusing this with Fogo

EDIT: duh. there is one in Dallas, how have i not gone there yet?

Frozen Sooner
5/10/2005, 12:28 AM
Pei Wei
Whataburger
Olive Garden

AllAboutThe'O'
5/10/2005, 12:31 AM
Pei Wei
Whataburger
Olive Garden
Drat, I forgot to add Whataburger to the list.
Even though it's a locally based operation, in Russellville, Ark., there's a place called "Whatta-Burger" (across the street from Arkansas Tech University) that sounds like Whataburger but is not the Whataburger. Burgers are good, though, and they give you mounds of fries, and that's just by ordering them regular size.

PhxSooner
5/10/2005, 12:39 AM
Taco Bueno. I'm surrounded by Mexican food, but none of it is Tex-Mex. And I'd like a Sonic closer than 30 minutes from my house.

yermom
5/10/2005, 12:50 AM
oh and Ted's in Norman

i know, i'm greedy

Rhino
5/10/2005, 12:54 AM
Give me Jack in the Box and I'll never ask for anything else.

Don Pablo's You're insane.

yermom
5/10/2005, 12:56 AM
Give me E. Coli and I'll never ask for anything else.

yep

AllAboutThe'O'
5/10/2005, 12:57 AM
You're insane.
How so?

yermom
5/10/2005, 12:58 AM
Don Pablo can't sniff Ted's jock ;)

Rhino
5/10/2005, 01:02 AM
How so? Don Pablos is the worst mexican food in the history of mexican food.

I've been to Don Pablos five times in three different locations and EVERY TIME it was absolutely nasty.

I'll never understand why people continue to go there.

GottaHavePride
5/10/2005, 01:03 AM
Hell, Don Pablo sucks compared to freaking On The Border.

And I'm not that wild about On The Border, except their in-house salsa is pretty tasty.

Oh, and I want a Chipotle in Norman.

BajaOklahoma
5/10/2005, 01:06 AM
On the Border salsa is so-so. i don't know how it stays in business either.

proud gonzo
5/10/2005, 01:08 AM

Barbacoa RMFO!!!!

Rhino
5/10/2005, 01:11 AM
It goes:
1. Pepe Delgados (Norman)
2. Tarahumaras (Norman)
3. Los Dos Amigos (Norman)
4. Chileno's
5. Tony Marbell's (Norman)
6. Nino's
7. El Chico
44. Taco Bell
45. Taco Mayo
46. On The Border
83. Abuelo's
84. Don Pablo's

KaiserSooner
5/10/2005, 01:14 AM
Whataburger - are they really that good? There's one not far from my grandpa's, but I've never given it a second thought.

Ted's - I'm sorry folks, Ted's is way overrated. I can think of a number of Tex-Mex places that are so much better than Ted's....Abuelo's, Cocina de Mino, and La Luna are chief among them.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/10/2005, 01:15 AM
Don Pablos is the worst mexican food in the history of mexican food.

I've been to Don Pablos five times in three different locations and EVERY TIME it was absolutely nasty.

I'll never understand why people continue to go there.
To each their own.

SactoSooner
5/10/2005, 01:16 AM
Sonic. There is only one in all of Northern California.

yermom
5/10/2005, 01:17 AM
a Margatini makes everything taste better though :)

(frozen. yeah i know, i'm gay)

KaiserSooner
5/10/2005, 01:17 AM
It goes:
1. Pepe Delgados (Norman)
2. Tarahumaras (Norman)
3. Los Dos Amigos (Norman)
4. Chileno's
5. Tony Marbell's (Norman)
6. Nino's
7. El Chico
44. Taco Bell
45. Taco Mayo
46. On The Border
83. Abuelo's
84. Don Pablo's
Nino's? Are f&%$ing kidding me?!? That's just simply an abomination. You're so off on that one.

Ruuuuuufus
5/10/2005, 01:18 AM
in-n-out - next time you go in ask for your double double animal style
checkers
chipotle - it's owned by mcdonald's right? There should be more :mad:
pf changs
joe t. garcia's
culver's

My life expectancy would go to crap if all those restaurants were in my town :rolleyes:

KaiserSooner
5/10/2005, 01:20 AM
Sonic. There is only one in all of Northern California.
I pity those without Sonic.

Sad to say, but Sonic is a staple of my lunchtime diet :D

Frozen Sooner
5/10/2005, 02:12 AM
Dang. Sonic.

I could really go for a cherry limeade slushie right about now...

Did I ever say anything about martinis OR margaritas being gay? I mean, margaritas kind of are a chick drink, but I'm willing to give a pass. Hey, I use exfoliant on my skin.

proud gonzo
5/10/2005, 02:16 AM
funny--i've been eating sonic for lunch every couple of days for the past month or so... there's one on the way home from school.

Hell, we have 5 Sonics in Norman.

Frozen Sooner
5/10/2005, 02:19 AM
AND Classic 50s. I don't know how you can eat at Sonic when there's Classic 50s right there.

Or has Classic 50s finally succumbed?

Oh! Braum's! How could I forget Braum's?

proud gonzo
5/10/2005, 02:28 AM
classic 50's is still there--I just had lunch from there today. If I'm over that direction I go to Classic 50's every time--I refuse to go to the Sonic nextdoor. But Classic 50's isn't on my way home from school.

PhxSooner
5/10/2005, 03:20 AM
I knew I left out something. Braum's. We've got nothing like that out here. I go there everytime I head home.

I remember when they built the Sonic next to Classic 50s. It would have been heresy to go there. Of course, I lived at Riverbend, and there was a Sonic just down the street...

Harry Beanbag
5/10/2005, 04:14 AM
Taco Bueno
Braum's
Silver Streak

RacerX
5/10/2005, 06:35 AM
Rumor has it that up here at logjam north (Penn and Memorial) there is going to be a chipotle and a fleming steak house?

I've not eaten at either.

Hotel Bravo
5/10/2005, 06:57 AM
in-n-out - next time you go in ask for your double double animal style

Ever tried the animal 4x4?

yermom
5/10/2005, 08:00 AM
Dang. Sonic.

I could really go for a cherry limeade slushie right about now...

Did I ever say anything about martinis OR margaritas being gay? I mean, margaritas kind of are a chick drink, but I'm willing to give a pass. Hey, I use exfoliant on my skin.

no, no

the margarita is frozen, not everything is about you :D

OU4LIFE
5/10/2005, 08:47 AM
I'd like to have a Rusty Barrell here (best filet you've never had), there's only one...in PC.

A Fogo De Chao would be nice, but i've never been there so I can't say for sure.

OklahomaTuba
5/10/2005, 08:49 AM
I wish Unos was still in Tulsa. My favorite pizza place of all time.

C&CDean
5/10/2005, 08:55 AM
To each their own.

Getting all you want chips doesn't make a Mexican joint good. They'll all do that. Don Pablo's is good - if you're comparing it to the Swanson Hungry Man TV Dinner. It's not any better than the frozen variety though. I too question how that place stays open. There just must be a lot of gavachos who haven't ever eaten good Mexican food and don't have anything to compare it to.

I'd like to see a Fado's open up. They're way over priced, but they have lots of beers/whiskeys and the traditional Irish fare is pretty decent.

mdklatt
5/10/2005, 08:58 AM
Papasitas (TX)

Jack In The Box

Kopps (Milwaukee)

Tony's Pizza (Sioux City, IA)

This awesome sub place in Buffalo, NY that starts with a D

Rhino
5/10/2005, 08:59 AM
I'd love Ken's Pizza to be everywhere again.

Boarder
5/10/2005, 09:00 AM
My answer is almost exactly the same as Kaiser's:

Cheesecake Factory
California Pizza Kitchen

The only others I owuld like right now would be
In 'n' Out Burger
Chipotle
Fuddruckers
and Jo's Pizza because I hate having to drive back to Purcell.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2005, 09:00 AM
did somebody in this thread say that Don Pablo's was a good restaurant?

SHAME...........SHAME I SAY

i tried Abuelo's for the first time this weekend and loved it.........Boarder if you read this and want to try a new place on your way back from a Cowboys game, give Abuelo's a try......its in lewisville just off I-35 and 121

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2005, 09:01 AM
oh and I wish Johnnies would open up a place or two down here in Big D

Taxman71
5/10/2005, 09:04 AM
Pappasita's - their cheese enchiladas are unmatched.

C&CDean
5/10/2005, 09:07 AM
Were y'all aware there is a Jack in the Crack in Ardmore now? I always stop there on my way to Dallas/Lake Murray/Texhoma. Jack tacos, a boner jack with cheese, and a jack-off cola sets me just about right.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2005, 09:08 AM
Jacks ultimate cheeseburger RMFO

Boarder
5/10/2005, 09:11 AM
There's an Abuelo's in Bricktown, too, JK. We ate there before the Crue concert, among other times.

If you're going to stop at the Abuelo's in Lewisville, go south about a mile on the same side of I-35 and go to the Hacienda Ranch. It is really good and unigue. It's a Mexican Food Steakhouse Barbecue place. Their salsa is a roasted tomato salsa and really dominates.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2005, 09:15 AM
yeah i've eaten at Hacienda........love it, its about 5 minutes from my house......wasnt aware that you had an Abuelos up there in OKC.

mdklatt
5/10/2005, 09:15 AM
Were y'all aware there is a Jack in the Crack in Ardmore now?

Yep, they're spreading north. Like fire ants, but hopefully faster.

C&CDean
5/10/2005, 09:17 AM
Quick history lesson on fast-food joints:

Back in the day, there was McDonald's, Burger Chef (eventually bought out by Burger King I think), and Sandy's (eventually bought out by Hardee's). The drive-thru hadn't even been invented yet. There were "drive-ups" but no drive thrus. Jack-in-the-box was the first to offer drive-thru. They had the little jack dude that talked to you. And who remembers the Jack commercial where they advertised "when you're in a hurry, go to jitb. These bank robbers pull up to the jack and say "give us a couple Bonus Jacks, jack fries, 2 jack colas, and make it snappy jack."

Dang I'm old.....

Boarder
5/10/2005, 09:17 AM
Everytime I see Abuelo's now, I think "Grandpa's".

Thank you, Dora The Explorer.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2005, 09:19 AM
everytime i see abuelo's i think "good mexican food place with a statue of a non mexican looking man"

mrs jk would like to see the following restaurants here - Runza, Amigo's and Valentinos

mdklatt
5/10/2005, 09:20 AM
Everytime I see Abuelo's now, I think "Grandpa's".

I always laugh when I see an El Chico.

C&CDean
5/10/2005, 09:21 AM
Every time I see Abuelo's I go across the street and eat at Chelino's.

Boomerbrad
5/10/2005, 09:23 AM
Gates, Arthur Bryant's & Joe's Crab Shack(KC)
Buffalo Bob Smokehouse (Lawrence)

TexasLidig8r
5/10/2005, 09:23 AM
Aureole (The one in Vegas has a 3 story wine tower enclosed in plexiglas. The serving wenches are pulled up on cables to get bottles)

Nobu (NY- Vegas)

Maxims

and yes.. White Castle (We actually contacted them a few months ago about opening a franchise in Dallas. They wouldn't even listen).

C&CDean
5/10/2005, 09:26 AM
Aureole (The one in Vegas has a 3 story wine tower enclosed in plexiglas. The serving wenches are pulled up on cables to get bottles)

Nobu (NY- Vegas)

Maxims

and yes.. White Castle (We actually contacted them a few months ago about opening a franchise in Dallas. They wouldn't even listen).

So, what you're saying is you're more into "fluff" than substance? You don't mind paying $800 for a bottle of $89 wine? You don't mind eating **** food - as long as it's served on a sterling silver platter by some bimbette wearing a see-through plastic rain coat?

Don't worry though. This just makes you a typical whorn.

Boarder
5/10/2005, 09:27 AM

Nobu (NY- Vegas)

Maxims

Places like Areole are what is fun about Vegas. I say leave them in Vegas.

You should contact Crystal's instead. You may have better luck.

JohnnyMack
5/10/2005, 09:30 AM

Nobu (NY- Vegas)

Maxims

Oh goodie, Lid's in so I can have some conversation beyond the **** that is The Cheesecake Factory and Don Pablo's.

Aureole, while a stunning concept has some pretty average food. The wine angels are bad *** though. You might try Mix atop THE Hotel.

The only Nobu I've ever eaten at is on South Beach. Best sushi I've ever eaten, hands down. Combine that with the fact that it's one of the coolest places you'll ever hang out at and I think it may be one of my favorite restaurants.

And yeah, I'd sure as hell take a White Castle!

TexasLidig8r
5/10/2005, 09:33 AM
So, what you're saying is you're more into "fluff" than substance? You don't mind paying $800 for a bottle of $89 wine? You don't mind eating **** food - as long as it's served on a sterling silver platter by some bimbette wearing a see-through plastic rain coat?

Don't worry though. This just makes you a typical whorn.
That comes from a man who wears a shirt and tie while watching his bull and cows play sex games and who eats a whole side of cow for lunch? HA!

No No No, Deano the Cable Guy. You find a very good wine you know something about ... one you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for and which tastes just as good, if not better than the $800 wine variety.... you combine it with food selected for the way in which the ingredients compliment each other, served by persons who actually passed the "hot side hot, cold side cold" training program.

We all don't want to just sit down in a greasy spoon and say, "Serve me up some double fried fat there Sweetcheeks."

Don't worry though. This just makes you a typical f'in' hillbilly (with all due respect of course!). :D

mdklatt
5/10/2005, 09:38 AM
Is anybody else starting to think TexasLidig8r is actually Frasier Crane?

C&CDean
5/10/2005, 09:39 AM
Thanks Lid. That's the nicest thing you've ever said about me.

And nothing beats about a half-a-box of Franzia Pink when you're having massive quantities of "the other white meat."

JohnnyMack
5/10/2005, 09:41 AM
And nothing beats about a half-a-box of Franzia Pink when you're having massive quantities of "the other white meat."

That is so not going on my "Dean's Advice" signature line.

F'in hillbilly.

TexasLidig8r
5/10/2005, 09:44 AM
Aureole, while a stunning concept has some pretty average food. The wine angels are bad *** though. You might try Mix atop THE Hotel.

Went to Mix last month when I was in Vegas. The food was the bomb. We sat outside afterwards... the view of the Strip from an open air balcony from 64 floors up is pretty stunning.

That was when the moths were all swirling in the light on top of the Luxor. It looked like a huge lava lamp.

TopDaugIn2000
5/10/2005, 09:45 AM
Is anybody else starting to think TexasLidig8r is actually Frasier Crane?

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YMSS.....

C&CDean
5/10/2005, 09:48 AM
Went to Mix last month when I was in Vegas. The food was the bomb. We sat outside afterwards... the view of the Strip from an open air balcony from 64 floors up is pretty stunning.

That was when the moths were all swirling in the light on top of the Luxor. It looked like a huge lava lamp.

No Lid. What's stunning is the view of the Rockies from our elk camp. And I've never paid a dime for a meal in Vegas. Well, actually, now that I think about it, I've probably paid more for a steak dinner or a buffet line trip than you paid going to the swanko joints. Unless you got comped to those places - which means you paid a LOT more than me.

TopDaugIn2000
5/10/2005, 09:49 AM
Cal Pizza Kitchen
Cal Cheesecake Factory
Houstons

AMSooner
5/10/2005, 09:59 AM
Good news for those in OKC. The Cheesecake Factory is already being built. It will be right behind Bravo and PF Changs at Penn and Memorial.

TopDaugIn2000
5/10/2005, 10:00 AM
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boarder
5/10/2005, 10:02 AM
Good news for those in OKC. The Cheesecake Factory is already being built. It will be right behind Bravo and PF Changs at Penn and Memorial.
Edmond is not "My Town". Too many aggies.

:D

GDC
5/10/2005, 10:05 AM
The Akropolis in Velburg, Germany had outstanding Greek food, I miss it tremendously.

There are numerous Mexican restaurants in New Mexico, El Paso, and Juarez I wish were closer.

The My Place BBQ in Tahlequah isn't as good as the one in Muskogee.

TopDaugIn2000
5/10/2005, 10:06 AM
Wildhorse Mountain BBQ.....any of you eastern Okie Hillbillies will know what I'm talkin about.

TexasLidig8r
5/10/2005, 10:09 AM
No Lid. What's stunning is the view of the Rockies from our elk camp.
Elk have camps now? Do they have to have a reservation? Do you pack them camp lunches? Do they have to have their medical forms all in before they go to camp? Do they come back and tell "And this one time... at Elk Camp..." stories?

KC//CRIMSON
5/10/2005, 10:12 AM

I'd like to be the person who open's a store in Norman. Cause whoever does is going to make more money than they know what to do with.

OUthunder
5/10/2005, 10:29 AM
Bucca de Beppo
Morton's Of Chicago
Sonic
Braums
Ted's

Oldnslo
5/10/2005, 10:34 AM
Wildhorse Mountain BBQ.....any of you eastern Okie Hillbillies will know what I'm talkin about.
The Hillbilly King knows. Best beans in the known universe.

As for restaurants I want in Tulsa?

White Castle

Carvell

Nathan's

Lum's anyone remember Lum's?

I want Uno's back, too, or at least My pi.

TexasLidig8r
5/10/2005, 10:46 AM
Lum's anyone remember Lum's?

Black sesame seeds on their hamburger and hot dog buns.... mmmmmmmmmmm..

Oh.. and I forgot one...

A real, independent, stand alone A & W Rootbeer Stand. NOT the little craphole they combine with a Long John Silver Throw Up Emporium. But a REAL A & W stand where the frosted mugs are HUGE and come out pouring over with ice cream in a root beer float... greatness.. sheer greatness.

JohnnyMack
5/10/2005, 10:48 AM
I would like a Ruth's Chris here in Tulsa. We got a Fleming's instead. Blech.

Taxman71
5/10/2005, 10:58 AM
Taco Tico - always stop at the one in Shawnee when passing through.

Sexy Sooner Angel
5/10/2005, 11:04 AM
Hell, Don Pablo sucks compared to freaking On The Border.

And I'm not that wild about On The Border, except their in-house salsa is pretty tasty.

I'd like to be the person who open's a store in Norman. Cause whoever does is going to make more money than they know what to do with.

and SSA, hush. :D
What?? Whadisay???

Oh and you can have any of the 5,000 we have here.

scotplum
5/10/2005, 11:06 AM
A Fogo De Chao would be nice, but i've never been there so I can't say for sure.

Mmmm.....soooo good! Soooo expensive though too. I think it cost me about $75 last time with tap water!

saucysoonergal
5/10/2005, 11:09 AM
The Akropolis in Velburg, Germany had outstanding Greek food, I miss it tremendously.

There are numerous Mexican restaurants in New Mexico, El Paso, and Juarez I wish were closer.

The My Place BBQ in Tahlequah isn't as good as the one in Muskogee.

Dang, I wanted to be the first to mention My Place BBQ. I love the chopped dinner....good stuff.

I guess I will just have to say Hamlins El Toro then. I love that non-cheese non-salsa dip they serve!

scotplum
5/10/2005, 11:12 AM
wasnt aware that you had an Abuelos up there in OKC.

There's one on Memorial and May as well.

scotplum
5/10/2005, 11:13 AM
Black sesame seeds on their hamburger and hot dog buns.... mmmmmmmmmmm..

Oh.. and I forgot one...

A real, independent, stand alone A & W Rootbeer Stand. NOT the little craphole they combine with a Long John Silver Throw Up Emporium. But a REAL A & W stand where the frosted mugs are HUGE and come out pouring over with ice cream in a root beer float... greatness.. sheer greatness.

Mmmmmmm, Coits!!

KC//CRIMSON
5/10/2005, 11:38 AM
What?? Whadisay???

Oh and you can have any of the 5,000 we have here.

It was a "pre-emptive" hush........ a lot of good it did me. :rolleyes:

BigRedJed
5/10/2005, 11:47 AM
Good news for those in OKC. The Cheesecake Factory is already being built. It will be right behind Bravo and PF Changs at Penn and Memorial.If that's true, it's great news. But I don't see OKC listed as a location under construction on the CF website.

RiddlerOK
5/10/2005, 11:49 AM
Here's a few places that come to my mind:

1. Claim Jumper (mostly in southern California, Nevada and Arizona): Without a doubt, the biggest menu I've ever seen. They've got long lines, good food and a big reputation.

2. Cheeecake Factory: If you've seen it mentioned before in this thread, well.............you get the picture. Exquisite food on the menu!

3. Pappadeaux(Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana): I'm Cajun-born so, when I need a taste of home away from home, this is my favorite stop. Sorry Razzoo's but you don't carry lagniappe.

4. Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbeque(Kansas City): Next to the Boardroom and Arthur Bryant's, this place is Nirvana. It costs a little extra but the overall quality of the experience is the best I've seen in K.C.

5. P. F. Cheng's Bistro: If you like Chinese food, you already know all there is to know about this place. Sorry, but we need something other than Pei Wei on our doorstep. :)

6. Maggiani's Italian: Best damn family Italian chain restaurant on the right coast.

7. Red, Hot and Blue: The best barbeque chain restaurant I've sampled, so far.

8. Polo Tropicale (Florida): The eclectic Cuban, Creole and Caribbean menu mix will light you up.

9. Fuddrucker's: I miss this place. Please bring it back to OKC!!!!!!!

10. Ruth's Chris: Steak, baby, steak!

yermom
5/10/2005, 12:08 PM
Fuddrucker's is in Tulsa now. i'd love to have one in Norman, i mean they have one in Owasso, is Norman too much to ask?

and Ruth's Chris is probably the best steak i've ever had

OUthunder
5/10/2005, 12:11 PM
Fuddrucker's is in Tulsa now. i'd love to have one in Norman, i mean they have one in Owasso, is Norman too much to ask?

and Ruth's Chris is probably the best steak i've ever had

if Ruth Chris is the best steak that you've ever had you haven't had Morton's of Chicago. Excellent plus it's not cooked in butter. Best lobster bisque that I've ever had as well and that included some places in Maine.

mdklatt
5/10/2005, 12:11 PM
Mother Tucker's Fine Foods (Omaha)

I never ate there, but the name alone caused no end of entertainment.

JohnnyMack
5/10/2005, 12:15 PM
I really, really don't get you people and your obsession with The Cheesecake Factory.

It's one of those places that has a menu that is so big and so diverse it's obvious that they aren't going to do any one thing well.

That place is a glorified cafeteria. Sysco is making a killing off you people.

The only thing they do well is the cheesecake itself.

JohnnyMack
5/10/2005, 12:16 PM
if Ruth Chris is the best steak that you've ever had you haven't had Morton's of Chicago. Excellent plus it's not cooked in butter. Best lobster bisque that I've ever had as well and that included some places in Maine.

I will knife fight you if you ever say that Morton's is better than Ruth's Chris again.

Now Morton's does have better bread (warm onion loaf......mmmmmm) though.

Pricetag
5/10/2005, 12:16 PM
Fazoli's, please.

TexasLidig8r
5/10/2005, 12:20 PM
Ruth Chris'? Mortons? nah...

Del Friscos has great steaks. III Forks isn't too bad as well.

I can't get past the big *** carrot Bob's puts in the middle of your plate but the steaks aren't too bad at all.

The Palm is overrated.

KC//CRIMSON
5/10/2005, 12:22 PM
I really, really don't get you people and your obsession with The Cheesecake Factory.

It's one of those places that has a menu that is so big and so diverse it's obvious that they aren't going to do any one thing well.

is that you, Bruce? ;)

mdklatt
5/10/2005, 12:24 PM
Fazoli's, please.

The fast-food Fazoli's? Really? Actually, the chicken parmesan doesn't suck too heinously.

Boarder
5/10/2005, 12:30 PM

Amazing, every time I've been, me and everyone I went with got something different and so far, everyone has loved what they got.

And, there's someone who doesn't like anything. There's people who don't like pecan pie. There's people who don't like Texadelphia. It boggles the mind, I know.

Pricetag
5/10/2005, 12:35 PM
The fast-food Fazoli's? Really? Actually, the chicken parmesan doesn't suck too heinously.
Yes. There is really no tweener Italian joint like it here in Tulsa. They're either real sit down restaurants, or pizza places. Fazoli's is like the Taco Bueno of Italian food, good, fast, and fairly cheap.

OU4LIFE
5/10/2005, 12:47 PM
and again....if you want steak, make a visit to the Rusty Barrell in PC. It's worth the trip.

Sexy Sooner Angel
5/10/2005, 12:51 PM
It was a "pre-emptive" hush........ a lot of good it did me. :rolleyes:

Now you should know by now I can't keep my mouth shut.

Lid, you are right Del Frisco pwns ALL!!!! So when you taking me there?

TexasLidig8r
5/10/2005, 01:00 PM
Lid, you are right Del Frisco pwns ALL!!!! So when you taking me there?
The next Soonerfans (and others) lunch... P.M. edition.
Howzit and DC to pay for all.
Except JK (He owes me a lunch..and soon to be 2 lunches).

Sexy Sooner Angel
5/10/2005, 01:04 PM
You expect those two cheap bastards to pay??????

Plus they aren't allowed outta there house at night except to visit each other.

Sooner51
5/10/2005, 01:59 PM
the del frisco in ft. worth kicks ***

Petro-Sooner
5/10/2005, 02:00 PM
Whataburger, or Lotaburger
White castle, only because I've never been to one.

Rhino
5/10/2005, 02:28 PM
I'm redoing my list of wishes:
1. Jack in the Box
2. Carrabba's (http://www.carrabbas.com/) -- Why are there two in Tulsa and none in OKC??
3. Ken's Pizza
4. Dreamland BBQ
5. BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse (http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/)

OUthunder
5/10/2005, 02:34 PM
Del Frisco's is a joke an outdated.

The Cheescake factory is something I can make at home.

Ruth Chris has ****tay steak cooked in butter. Ruined.

Morton's wins hands down.

SoonerObsession
5/10/2005, 02:44 PM
Cheesecake Factory rawks! My wife and I ate there in Kansas City. You name it and it seems they have it on the menu. That menu is like a War and Peace novel. I had the chicken parmesan and a tuxedo cheesecake. It was mouth watering!

Sooner51
5/10/2005, 02:47 PM
Del Frisco's is a joke an outdated.

The Cheescake factory is something I can make at home.

Ruth Chris has ****tay steak cooked in butter. Ruined.

Morton's wins hands down.

You sir, are not Bushwood material.... :texan:

seriously though, it wasn't the one in Ft.Worth was it? :D

RacerX
5/10/2005, 02:49 PM
Jed - there are 2 sites being prepped around Bravo's and Circuit City. The Changs take out girl said Chipotle, I'll take amrosia's word on the other one being a cheesecake factory.

My Place BBQ is great and so is Wild Horse Mountain BBQ.

Has anybody eaten at Smokey Bones? I haven't been there yet.

Rhino
5/10/2005, 03:26 PM
There's a really good BBQ place on Main Street in Yukon. Bad Brad's BBQ.

Has anybody eaten at Smokey Bones? I haven't been there yet. No, but I want to name my first born son Smokey Bones.

OUthunder
5/10/2005, 03:26 PM
You sir, are not Bushwood material.... :texan:

seriously though, it wasn't the one in Ft.Worth was it? :D

The one on Restaurant Row I do believe. I just remember the wife and I had just gotten married; we were poor and that place was a bit pricey.

Now of course, no biggie but the food was unimpressive and some chick was swinging on a swing.

Is that the same restaurant?

If not, my apologies to all.

Sooner51
5/10/2005, 03:28 PM
The one on Restaurant Row I do believe. I just remember the wife and I had just gotten married; we were poor and that place was a bit pricey.

Now of course, no biggie but the food was unimpressive and some chick was swinging on a swing.

Is that the same restaurant?

If not, my apologies to all.
awww hell no, that's san francisco steak house. :mack:

OUthunder
5/10/2005, 03:29 PM
awww hell no, that's san francisco steak house. :mack:

Yep,

That place blows!

My apologies to del frisco but the Morton's in dallas was still kick ***. Not as nice as the one in Minneapolis though.

Great cigar lounge.

Sooner51
5/10/2005, 03:30 PM
There's a really good BBQ place on Main Street in Yukon. Bad Brad's BBQ.

I've eaten at the one in Pawhuska. Hard to beat their smoked tenderlion.

AMSooner
5/10/2005, 03:59 PM
Jed - there are 2 sites being prepped around Bravo's and Circuit City. The Changs take out girl said Chipotle, I'll take amrosia's word on the other one being a cheesecake factory.

My Place BBQ is great and so is Wild Horse Mountain BBQ.

Has anybody eaten at Smokey Bones? I haven't been there yet.

I knew they were opening one soon, because my friend sat next to a Cheescake Factory exec last December on a plane and he said they were opening one in OKC in 2006. Another friend went to Bravo last night and asked the server if Bravo was owned by the same company as Cheesecake Factory because they look similar on the inside. The server said she didn't know if they were owned by the same peeps, but the building under contruction behind them will be The Cheesecake Factory.

DCSooner
5/10/2005, 04:31 PM
I'd like to have a Rusty Barrell here (best filet you've never had), there's only one...in PC.

Oh ya.

Ditto.

GDC
5/10/2005, 04:44 PM
I'm going to Sam-n-Ella's right now, glad it's in Tahlequah.

IronSooner
5/10/2005, 05:02 PM
Mr. Goodcents. I miss that place. But then it's also becoming a fun tradition to eat there every time I go home.

Tiptonsooner
5/10/2005, 05:11 PM
Ruby Tuesday's, kick *** salad bar.............

Officer Rod Farva
5/10/2005, 05:17 PM
Shenanigans.

proud gonzo
5/10/2005, 06:07 PM
hehehe

nmsoonergirl
5/10/2005, 09:38 PM
I don't eat at many chains, but there are some OKC places that I would love to see come here:
The Greek House--somehow all the pita bread here tastes like tortillas
Cheever's--simply a great place. I would put the chef at Cheever's against anyone we have in Santa Fe
Pearl's--we have little seafood, and less cajun. We have Pappadeaux, but I think the quality there is slipping rapidly.

Oh, and I promised myself that I will never live more than 30 minutes from a Sonic.

VeeJay
5/10/2005, 09:58 PM
When I was on assignment in Dallas a few years ago (Lewisville), we had a manager that took us to PF Chang's, Abuelo's and Salt Grass on a rotating basis for dinner.

I wish we had Salt Grass here. I distinctly recall the double bourbons being stout and cold, the babes hot, and the ribeyes excellent. Maybe the double bourbons were providing the other stuff.

Cheesecake Factory - I was in the one at Sawgrass Mills Mall west of Ft. Lauderdale on Thursday. I always have an argument with the missus that a $25 tip doesn't necessarily mean that my waiter worked any harder than the waitress at Denny's who gets $2 on a $15 bill. I hate overpriced restaurants. If I had my way, Cheesecake Factory would be a mall kiosk.

sooneron
5/10/2005, 10:03 PM
The Mont - with patio of course
Sonic or Classic 50's - these idiots up here would prolly have 5 car pile ups in the drive tho.
Braum's
Whataburger
Earl's or Van's

yermom
5/11/2005, 12:41 AM
When I was on assignment in Dallas a few years ago (Lewisville), we had a manager that took us to PF Chang's, Abuelo's and Salt Grass on a rotating basis for dinner.

I wish we had Salt Grass here. I distinctly recall the double bourbons being stout and cold, the babes hot, and the ribeyes excellent. Maybe the double bourbons were providing the other stuff.

Cheesecake Factory - I was in the one at Sawgrass Mills Mall west of Ft. Lauderdale on Thursday. I always have an argument with the missus that a $25 tip doesn't necessarily mean that my waiter worked any harder than the waitress at Denny's who gets $2 on a $15 bill. I hate overpriced restaurants. If I had my way, Cheesecake Factory would be a mall kiosk.

i didn't care that much for Saltgrass... we watched the 2002 Fiesta Bowl there, and i didn't think it was as good as Texas Roadhouse

maybe it's gotten better?

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2005, 06:52 AM
maybe it's gotten better?

doubtful.....saltgrass is just an average chain steak house IMO.....i dont really care for it

Sooner_Bob
5/11/2005, 07:46 AM
You all know you want an Eskimo Joes . . . or Mexico Joes. :D

TopDaugIn2000
5/11/2005, 08:13 AM
Mr. Goodcents. I miss that place. But then it's also becoming a fun tradition to eat there every time I go home.

all the wonderful places to eat around here and you choose Mr. goodcents?!?!?!?!?! d00d, what is WRONG with you!!!???!!! that place is NASTY!

TopDaugIn2000
5/11/2005, 08:14 AM
You all know you want an Eskimo Joes . . . or Mexico Joes. :D

speakin' of NASTY.........

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2005, 08:15 AM
Willie's Ice House.........they have them in houston and one in san antonio.......wish they had one here in dallas.....good eats

Sooner_Bob
5/11/2005, 08:20 AM
speakin' of NASTY.........

Oh please. If it was in Norman you'd be all over it.

I'd put Mexico Joes up against several other Mexican food joints.

Eskimo Joes isn't that bad . . .

TopDaugIn2000
5/11/2005, 08:21 AM
Oh please. If it was in Norman you'd be all over it.

I'd put Mexico Joes up against several other Mexican food joints.

Eskimo Joes isn't that bad . . .

ummm, no, I wouldn't. It's nasty.

Sooner_Bob
5/11/2005, 08:23 AM
Whatever.

OU4LIFE
5/11/2005, 08:24 AM
all these restaraunts and nt one mention of Traildust?

I thought it was good steak. But I like the original one that's just outside of Denton better.

Sooner_Bob
5/11/2005, 08:25 AM
One of the best steaks I ever had was at the Texas Land and Cattle place on the riverwalk in San Antonio.

OU4LIFE
5/11/2005, 08:26 AM
oh, and MOOO

OU4LIFE
5/11/2005, 08:27 AM
One of the best steaks I ever had was at the Texas Land and Cattle place on the riverwalk in San Antonio.

Bob, seriously you gotta get up to PC and go to the Rusty Barrell and get the filet. You won't be sorry.

Taxman71
5/11/2005, 08:32 AM
In all seriousness:

Slick's in Mangum (fried burgers)
JW's in Chickasha (fried burgers)
Meer's in Meers (Lawton) (fried burgers)

Guess what I am craving right now....

Sooner_Bob
5/11/2005, 08:35 AM
Bob, seriously you gotta get up to PC and go to the Rusty Barrell and get the filet. You won't be sorry.

I'll remember that the next time I'm up that way.

JohnnyMack
5/11/2005, 08:50 AM
In all seriousness:

Slick's in Mangum (fried burgers)
JW's in Chickasha (fried burgers)
Meer's in Meers (Lawton) (fried burgers)

Guess what I am craving right now....

A colonoscopy?

critical_phil
5/11/2005, 09:07 AM
1. Claim Jumper (mostly in southern California, Nevada and Arizona): Without a doubt, the biggest menu I've ever seen. They've got long lines, good food and a big reputation.

i used to go to the claim jumper by the los alamitos track all the time. i miss that place.

even though it really gives me the trots, i love me some Krystal burger.......

Ike
5/11/2005, 09:14 AM
its not really a restaurant, but I wish there was a Classic 50s out here.

Soonerfan85
5/11/2005, 09:16 AM
Drat, I forgot to add Whataburger to the list.
Even though it's a locally based operation, in Russellville, Ark., there's a place called "Whatta-Burger" (across the street from Arkansas Tech University) that sounds like Whataburger but is not the Whataburger. Burgers are good, though, and they give you mounds of fries, and that's just by ordering them regular size.

If you are man enough to eat a double meat, double cheese burger with large fries and a large chocolate shake at the Whataburger in Russellville, I promise you will not want to eat again for days. :eek:

Heh, ATU Wonderboys! Their mascot makes the fighting Okra and Artichokes look fearsome.

Whataburger (Russellville)
Braums (everywhere except here)
The Butcher Shop Steak House (Little Rock)
Goode Co. BBQ (Houston)
Shorty Small's (Little Rock)
New Orleans Seafood & Hamburger (Duh)

ultimatesooner1
5/11/2005, 09:18 AM
lorelei (http://www.loreleifloridakeys.com/)

ate there while in the fl keys last week and they catered the wedding I went to as well. best food ever

mdklatt
5/11/2005, 09:27 AM
its not really a restaurant, but I wish there was a Classic 50s out here.

Classic 50s isn't a restaurant? :confused:

caphorns
5/11/2005, 10:32 AM
Here's some off the top of my list:

Kreuz Market - Luling (Bar-b-q)
The Salt Lick - Driftwood (Bar-b-q)
Mi Tierra - San Antonio (Mexican)
Giordanos - Chicago (stuffed pizza)
Cafe Ba-Ba-Reba - Chicago (tapas)
Carnegie Deli - NYC (Deli)
Gaido's - Galveston (Seafood)
Cano y Gato - Siena, Italy (Italian)
Cafe du Monde - New Orleans (Beignets and Chicory Coffee)
Delmonicos Steakhouse - New York (Steak)
Snuffers - Dallas (Hamburger and Cheese Fries)
Avenue B Grocery - Austin (4 cheese, jalepeno and avacado sandwich)
Great Outdoors - Dallas (sandwich)
Thundercloud - Austin (subs)
Hula Hut - Austin (Montego Bay tacos)
Trudy's or Kerbey Lane - Austin (breakfast)

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2005, 10:34 AM
i ate at snuffers last week......good times

mi tierra is another favorite

RiddlerOK
5/13/2005, 12:52 PM
Here's a few other hidden gems around the country, that would make decent eats in Oklahoma:

1. Neely's Interstate Barbecue (Memphis)- Puts the Rendevous to shame. Corky's gives 'em good competition though. I like Neely's because they're hidden in a shopping center on the east end of town and they don't cater to too many tourists.

2. The Boardroom Barbecue (Overland Park, KS)- Have you ever had a rack of baby back ribs where each rib was about the size of your hand and the entire rack extended beyond both sides of the plate? Biggest I've seen! They rock!

3. Moses White and Sons Barbecue (Tampa/Ybor City)- Best damn barbecue lunch I've ever had. Awesome ribs, sweet corn, sweet tea and cornbread. Nothing in the Midwest touches this little hole-in-the-wall joint, just down the street from the Sega Gameworks plaza. If you're ever there, you've GOT to check this place out!

4. Any family-owned fast food Mexican restaurant in San Diego- Most of these have combo burritos to go that are huge and messy. Boy do they taste good! Grilled shredded beef with peppers and plenty of extra toppings! Of course, there's about a million local chains out there, that dilute each other's unique appeal.

5. Mi Terra in San Antonio and Ninfa's in Houston- Love their Mexican food. About as authentic as you can get in the heart of Tex-Mex country.

6. Jeno's Pizza (Chicago)- The shrine to deep-dish. Have you carved your name on one of their walls?

7. Sweetwater Grill (Sterling, VA)- Their drunken ribeye steak and sampler beer round are mainstays of this northern Virginia steakhouse.

jk the sooner fan
5/13/2005, 12:56 PM
do NOT eat at Ninfa's in dallas or san antonio......the one in houston is very good...not sure why the others suck so much

one of the best steaks I ever had was at a Black Angus in Florida

caphorns
5/13/2005, 12:58 PM
5. Mi Terra in San Antonio and Ninfa's in Houston- Love their Mexican food. About as authentic as you can get in the heart of Tex-Mex country.

Ninfas has fallen apart. Mama Ninfa is no longer involved. The chains are totally outside the family at this point. Sad. Agree on Mi Tierra's (on my list as well). Great place. If you ever are back in the Houston/Katy area, try Los Cucos in downtown Katy (not the one by Katy Mills mall).

jk the sooner fan
5/13/2005, 01:00 PM
oooooooooh Los Cucos is awesome .......there's one out in the Spring/Woodlands area that RYFO

caphorns
5/13/2005, 01:04 PM
one of the best steaks I ever had was at a Black Angus in Florida

We had one of those in Houston. Stealing the "G" plakard was on almost every respectable scavenger hunt I participated in. They finally painted the G on the side of the building.

King Crimson
5/13/2005, 01:25 PM
there's a mexican place just off the interstate in Pueblo, CO that has the coolest, gaudiest back room cantina. it's so bizarre--kind of conquistador vegas chic. very authentic place. they have this jalapeno bean dip that is incendiary. you order it and the waiter will say " are yoo chure? eess very hot". so good.

Mother's Cafe (RIP) in Boulder, Colorado. the original breakfast theater. best smothered breakfast burrito i've ever had. chile quiles with a side of pico de gallo was too good. best hash browns too.

Benny's Burger Barn (RIP) in Raton, NM.

IB4OU2
5/13/2005, 01:32 PM
A restaurant I enjoy in LA everytime I go there is Rubio's, They make great fish Taco's........Wish we had one here.......

Also Old Tony's on the Redondo Beach Pier is one of the best Seafood places around........

KC//CRIMSON
5/16/2005, 02:34 PM
bummer. :(

Thank you for writing us, but I am afraid that this rumor is not correct
(sorry). We are not coming to OKC any time soon, although we do hope
to get there in the future.

Sincerely,

Joe Stupp
Manager, Duct Tape and Plungers
Chipotle

TopDaugIn2000
5/16/2005, 02:39 PM
I ate at Chipotle this weekend, I thought it was GREAT......they weren't kiddin around with the HOT sauce though. WHEW!

also, Snuffers has the best CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZEY fries EVAR!

Scott D
5/16/2005, 03:00 PM
You guys laugh, but I wouldn't mind there being a Sonic or two up here.

dolemitesooner
5/16/2005, 03:00 PM
Humperdinks

critical_phil
5/16/2005, 03:21 PM
Humperdinks

pasquales pizza is big in jackson, ms, right???

dolemitesooner
5/16/2005, 03:37 PM
pasquales pizza is big in jackson, ms, right???
I was just born there dude. thats were my bummy grandma lived at the time. I moved here right after my mom got out of the hospital

IB4OU2
5/16/2005, 03:57 PM
You guys laugh, but I wouldn't mind there being a Sonic or two up here.

I wish they had In&Outs here in Okla....

critical_phil
5/16/2005, 04:22 PM
I was just born there dude.

as much as i hate to say it, i too was born in jackson, ms.

RiddlerOK
6/18/2006, 01:00 AM
i used to go to the claim jumper by the los alamitos track all the time. i miss that place.

even though it really gives me the trots, i love me some Krystal burger.......

My aunt and uncle lived up the street from the track, over near the 405 in Seal Beach/Los Alamitos. That one (near Katella I think) was where I got my first introduction to Claim Jumper. The one at South Coast Plaza (in Costa Mesa) is the shiznitzel!

RiddlerOK
6/18/2006, 01:05 AM
Here's some off the top of my list:

Kreuz Market - Luling (Bar-b-q)

How does this one measure up to Cooper's in Llano?

Cafe du Monde - New Orleans (Beignets and Chicory Coffee)

Tourist trap. Anyone can make decent beignets in Louisiana.

Snuffers - Dallas (Hamburger and Cheese Fries)

I've heard this is a really cool place to hang out. How are the burgers?

Lastly, have you ever heard of a place called "The Purple Cow" over at the corner of Preston and Royal St.? They have very good lunch menu and are mainly a family-friendly little burger and soda diner that specializes in everything the color purple.

Vaevictis
6/18/2006, 01:33 AM
Molina's (Houston, just south of HWY 6 and Westheimer; they have a couple of other locations, but this is where I frequent) -- Best Mexican food I've ever had.
James Coney Island (Houston, anywhere) -- mmm, good chili.
Taste of Texas (Houston, I-10 and Beltway behind Town and Country Mall) -- damned fine steak house. I remember watching Nolan Ryan toss his final no hitter there, I think at the old location though.
Hook Line and Sinker (Houston, HWY 6 south of West Little York) -- decent seafood, love the gumbo
Feng Leng (Houston, inner Westheimer location only -- not the one off the Beltway or up north on HWY 6) -- good Chinese food

Charlie's Crab (Cleveland) -- Good seafood.
Taj Mahal (Cleveland) -- hole in the wall restaurant, shut down years ago. Best damned service I've ever had. The owner was the waiter, and dude would always remember you -- even if it was only your second time -- and he'd remember everything you had (drinks included), what you liked and didn't like, and make recommendations off of that.

I can't actually say I miss anything at all from Florida.

Uncle Tie's (Dallas, Galleria -- or was about 20 years ago) -- good Chinese food.

There are a couple of other places, but they were from when I was like 6, so I can't remember them :(

OKC Sooner
6/18/2006, 05:34 PM

We made the drive from OKC once, just to check it out. The food was awesome and the ambience was, ummm, ...unique. Food was served up by a guy in a wifebeater undershirt with four days of beard stubble and a half-smoked, unlit stogie in his teeth.

While we're eating, this couple walks in, the guy orders two dinners to go. The cook says, We don't do 'to go' dinners, you'll have to eat it here. The guy tried to convince him, but the cook wouldn't budge.

Interesting business model.

critical_phil
6/18/2006, 05:52 PM
My aunt and uncle lived up the street from the track, over near the 405 in Seal Beach/Los Alamitos. That one (near Katella I think) was where I got my first introduction to Claim Jumper. The one at South Coast Plaza (in Costa Mesa) is the shiznitzel!

speaking of Katella.......i also loved Katella Deli (it's near the claim jumper).

those O.C. jews can make a mean sammich........

BudSooner
6/18/2006, 08:26 PM
Wouldn't mind a Steak and Shake thats NOT on 71st.
Bring back Godfathers....damn good pizza IMHO.
Good call on A&W, that would be nice to have again.

Edit:forgot to add a Chuck House.

royalfan5
6/18/2006, 08:47 PM
Wouldn't mind a Steak and Shake thats NOT on 71st.
Bring back Godfathers....damn good pizza IMHO.
Good call on A&W, that would be nice to have again.

Edit:forgot to add a Chuck House.
Seriously, you like Godfather's. Godfather's is far and way the second best Nebraska founded Pizza Chain, however it redemees it's self with their dirt cheap buffets. Other than that it's is pretty sketchy. Unless they are a hell of a lot better outside Nebraska, which would be weird since they started in Omaha as a money laudering operation for the owner's coke ring.

StoopTroup
6/18/2006, 08:55 PM
I just wish I had never tipped for a meal.

I'd be rich now. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
6/18/2006, 09:43 PM
James Coney Island (Houston, anywhere) -- mmm, good chili.(
Good call on James Coney Island. I was in Houston a couple of weeks ago, and while going for a hot dog is not at the top of my list for lunch food, I could eat hot dogs for lunch at James Coney Island for an entire week. The Chicago-style dog I had (sans tomatoes) were pure greatness.

Sooner24
6/18/2006, 10:01 PM
Were y'all aware there is a Jack in the Crack in Ardmore now? I always stop there on my way to Dallas/Lake Murray/Texhoma. Jack tacos, a boner jack with cheese, and a jack-off cola sets me just about right.

When it opened my youngest ate their tacos two or three times a day for a month or so. Now I don't know the last time he ate anything from there.

Boarder
6/18/2006, 10:13 PM
We ate at a seafood place in San Antonio that was really good. It was called the Seafood House, Shrimp House, or something to that effect. It was delicious.

Boarder
6/18/2006, 10:15 PM
This place:

http://www.shrimphouse.com/images/location5.jpg

MamaMia
6/18/2006, 10:54 PM
I would love a Petes Place, just like the one in Krebs.

Sooner24
6/18/2006, 11:07 PM
Mom did you ever eat at City Diner in Woodward?

MamaMia
6/18/2006, 11:12 PM
Mom did you ever eat at City Diner in Woodward?
Was that the restaurant where the video rental place is now?

Sooner24
6/18/2006, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure what's there now as I have not been to Woodward in years. It was several years ago when we ate there.

It was a 50's themed restaurant, had a motorcycle in it and they made these out of this world milk shakes. They would bring the shake out in a glass with whipped cream on top and the rest in the container they made it in. It was almost like getting two shakes for the price of one. There were three of them in the state. One in Woodward, one in Weatherford and one just off of I-44 at the Tuttle/Newcastle exit. They closed down several years ago.

MamaMia
6/18/2006, 11:40 PM
I'm not sure what's there now as I have not been to Woodward in years. It was several years ago when we ate there.

It was a 50's themed restaurant, had a motorcycle in it and they made these out of this world milk shakes. They would bring the shake out in a glass with whipped cream on top and the rest in the container they made it in. It was almost like getting two shakes for the price of one. There were three of them in the state. One in Woodward, one in Weatherford and one just off of I-44 at the Tuttle/Newcastle exit. They closed down several years ago.Yes, thats the place. The kids liked to eat there. My favorite restaurant in town is JBs. :)