PDA

View Full Version : McNabb responds

Rhino
4/30/2005, 03:40 PM
"I don't play games in the media," McNabb said. "I'm not going to sit here and try to have a war of words. I'm a man at what I do. If there's a problem with anyone, and they feel the need to lash out, they know how to get in touch with me and we can handle it like men."

"Just keep my name out of your mouth," McNabb said. "Don't try to throw names or guys under the bus to better yourself. You never heard me say any names in any situation. You never heard me talk about any given players. I'm the guy to be professional and be a man about things."

McNabb said he hasn't spoken to Owens since hearing the inflammatory comments.

"If a comment was made about me, it would take that person to call me," he said. "I don't have to reach out to anyone."

The soap opera atmosphere surrounding the NFC champions is a stunning turnaround from the calm environment the Eagles are used to. Contract disputes also kept Pro Bowl running back Brian Westbrook and defensive tackle Corey Simon at home, and wideout Freddie Mitchell wasn't welcome at camp.

"I told him I did not want him here," Eagles coach Andy Reid said of Mitchell, the former first-round pick who has talked himself out of town by constantly griping about his role in the offense. It's pretty easy to see who's the man and who's the baby in this situation.

OklahomaTrombone
4/30/2005, 03:53 PM
I hope someone punches freddie mitchell in the face.

After they punch T.O. in the face.

bri
4/30/2005, 08:06 PM
As someone who has pulled for the Eagles the past 15 years or so, it pains me to see the franchise imploding like this.

On the other hand, as someone who has winced for the last 5 years or so at the types of people they were bringing in, it amuses me to see the franchise imploding like this.

Scott D
4/30/2005, 08:45 PM
heh....Clearly TO got confused because Donovan wears #5, he musta thought he was that other guy who threw the ball to TO :D

bri
5/1/2005, 11:22 AM
Clearly TO got confused because it's a day that ends in "-y".

Idiot.

Scott D
5/1/2005, 12:59 PM
I think TO is gay, and he just uses these outbursts and silly behavior to keep himself in the closet so to speak ;)