PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa women's coach hired at Colorado

AllAboutThe'O'
4/26/2005, 09:39 PM
Kathy McConnell-Miller has resigned as Tulsa's women's hoops coach after six seasons to take the job at Colorado. I thought she did a great job at TU and it will be tough shoes to fill by whomever replaces her.
Also, this makes the Big XII an even stronger women's hoop conference, with her hiring and OSU hiring Kurt Budke. Not to mention the defending national champions, two strong teams in Texas, OU, K-State, and so on.

Mjcpr
4/27/2005, 09:39 AM
Wow.....hadn't heard that yet.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/2/2005, 12:18 AM
Apparently, the buzz is that former Sooner player/assistant Bo Overton is a top candidate to take over at TU. Overton is now the head coach at Missouri-Kansas City. Would be a great hire for TU if that's the case, BTW.

bri
5/2/2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah, but Bo's rack isn't NEARLY as nice as Kathy's was. :(

AllAboutThe'O'
5/2/2005, 04:59 PM
Reading Bri's comment above gave me another "what-if?"
If Stacy Johnson-Klein didn't get into the trouble she did at Fresno State, would she have been a serious contender for the TU job? TU would have simply replaced one hot-looking coach with another.

bri
5/14/2005, 07:53 PM
It's TU women's basketball. I didn't know there was anything "serious" about it. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
5/20/2005, 07:31 PM
TU finally hired its new women's coach today. Charlene Thomas-Swinson, who was an assistant at Florida the past few years, and also was head coach at St. John's for three years.