PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys Fans

Mjcpr
4/25/2005, 09:05 AM
Are you happy with the draft? I'm happy......although I might've considered taking someone other than Canty when they did. Not because he's not a good player but because I think they addressed that position already. If he can stay away from injuries, he may end up being a good one though so I can't bitch too much.

Would've like to have seen a FS and another OL and maybe a Sooner. Can't complain though, they addressed some big time needs in the front seven. Much better drafts the last 2-3 years as opposed to several years of terrible drafts before those.

Scott D
4/25/2005, 09:07 AM
heh....Canty and Spears would be the ends in the 3-4 and Ware would be a OLB....should be interesting in the secondary now that they're moving Roy to Woodson's spot....and I'm not even a Cowboys fan :P

Herr Scholz
4/25/2005, 10:39 AM
I liked it, although I think DJ could've done very well in that system. Ware, Spears and Burnett will help us out tremendously.

Now, if the Cowboys could just make Bledsoe a little quicker than a sloth, we'll be doing OK.

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2005, 11:00 AM
I liked it, although I think DJ could've done very well in that system. Ware, Spears and Bennett will help us out tremendously.

Now, if the Cowboys could just make Bledsoe a little quicker than a sloth, we'll be doing OK.

I'd have like to seen them take Johnson, but he's not the size of linebacker Parcells was looking for...tough to watch him go though...

Herr Scholz
4/25/2005, 11:12 AM
I'd have like to seen them take Johnson, but he's not the size of linebacker Parcells was looking for...tough to watch him go though...
Yeah, Parcells likes the big LBs. DJ will do well in KC though. Also, the Cowboys have a long history of passing up Longhorns in the draft. Tony Brackens comes to mind. They passed on him to take Kavika Pittman. Great jorb.

BeetDigger
4/25/2005, 11:47 AM
Not a Cowboy fan (don't hate them though) but I thought that they did pretty well. Not sure what kind of passing game they will have, but they could be pretty decent on defense and they should be good running the ball. I liked the Marion Barber addition to the running game.

usmc-sooner
4/25/2005, 05:24 PM
I'd like to see them get a QB might be cool to get JW and maybe some top WRs let JW develop behind Bledsoe.

I'm happy that they addressed their pathetic rush.

Boarder
4/25/2005, 09:24 PM
I'm not a big fan of Dallas drafting defensive linemen.

But, what else could they do?

I'm crossing my fingers for Bledsoe.

Boarder
4/25/2005, 09:28 PM
This was good from Spagnola:

Slick move in 2004: So for all you guys who moaned and groaned to no end about the Cowboys passing up on Stephen Jackson and Kevin Jones, this one is for you. Since the Cowboys traded out of the first round in 2004 for a second-round pick and Buffalo's first this year, they now have Julius Jones and Marcus Spears to show for the move. Or maybe it's Jones and Demarcus Ware. Either combo, to me, is better than just Jackson or just Kevin Jones. Don't you think?

Mjcpr
4/26/2005, 08:55 AM
On the news last night, they said JW was trying to decide whether he wanted to sign with a team at all. If he does, it would likely be between the Colts and Cowboys.

Aaron Glenn is supposed to be released by the Texans and signed by the Cowboys.

Saw something about a possible trade of Glover for Rogers (Detroit) but I'm not believing that one.

Scott D
4/26/2005, 09:16 AM
On the news last night, they said JW was trying to decide whether he wanted to sign with a team at all. If he does, it would likely be between the Colts and Cowboys.

Aaron Glenn is supposed to be released by the Texans and signed by the Cowboys.

Saw something about a possible trade of Glover for Rogers (Detroit) but I'm not believing that one.

for Shawn Rogers? I don't see that seeing as how the Lions just re-signed him...Charles Rogers isn't likely either, since the Lions just cut Az-Hakim yesterday.

Mjcpr
4/26/2005, 09:19 AM
for Shawn Rogers? I don't see that seeing as how the Lions just re-signed him...Charles Rogers isn't likely either, since the Lions just cut Az-Hakim yesterday.
Charles Rogers......I'm not buying it either, but if it were true I'd do it if I was Dallas.

Scott D
4/26/2005, 10:36 AM
Dallas can just sign Az-Hakim now..he's available :D