PDA

View Full Version : This page cannot be displayed

CRASH 02
4/18/2005, 08:31 PM
This page cannot be displayed.

When I make a new thread or reply to a thread that is the page I get when I hit submit. It started a couple weeks ago. I haven't changed anything with my computer. I post on many boards that use the same software as this site. If I hit my refresh button from the "this page cannot be displayed page" I get this page.

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster.

Any help would be nice.

Phil
4/18/2005, 10:17 PM
Hmm. Sounds like your browser is trying to call the new thread you posted, but is getting hung up somewhere. I have not heard of that problem before. We will look into it.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/18/2005, 10:29 PM
start a new thread and then copy the url of the page that gives you the error and paste it into this thread so we can see it.

CRASH 02
4/19/2005, 10:53 PM
This is the URL.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/newreply.php

This is what you see.

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

But if you copy and paste the URL you get this.

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/22/2005, 10:13 AM
Sorry for the delay. looks like your browser is stripping off the stuff at the end of the url. Are you sure you haven't added anything new to your computer lately?

I'm just trying to rule out the obvious stuff first.

CRASH 02
4/22/2005, 09:49 PM
I haven't added anything to the computer in over 2 years now. The last thing I added was a new CPU fan. :)

Mjcpr
4/23/2005, 10:14 AM
This is the longest tech support episode I've ever seen.

Yet, I can't look away.

RacerX
4/24/2005, 02:59 PM
BTW, I was having similar problems. Lots of page not founds and icons/pics not showing.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/25/2005, 01:17 PM
Did either of you, perchance, do that thing with firefox to where it bumps the number of connections you have?

If so, it's caused me lots of problems, I went back to the default and now I'm gold.

Norm In Norman
4/25/2005, 02:38 PM
This is the URL.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/newreply.php

This is what you see.
Sounds like a cookie problem to me. If I click on the link above I get the same thing. If I click on the button below (go to advance or whatever) it works.

Try clearing out your cache and cookies and see if that fixes it.

OklahomaTrombone
4/28/2005, 10:08 PM
BTW, I was having similar problems. Lots of page not founds and icons/pics not showing.

I get this with Safari...but not Firefox