PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Football Moving to ESPN!

JohnnyMack
4/18/2005, 04:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2040130

Why do they have to F with everything that is good and natural?!?!?!?

And they're moving Sunday Night Football to NBC!!!!

This sucks.

:mad:

Widescreen
4/18/2005, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I just read that. Gee, I wonder how much this is going to increase cable/sat rates???? :mad:

BeetDigger
4/18/2005, 10:49 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $

Sooner51
4/19/2005, 10:45 AM
I wonder what's going to happen to Al, John and more importantly Michele?

OU Adonis
4/19/2005, 11:14 AM
ESPN is the evil empire (tm)

colleyvillesooner
4/19/2005, 01:21 PM
Someone needs to fark the picture below with ESPN and Bermans face:

http://home.arcor.de/gallerie_m_s/gallerie_r/bilder/rage_against_the_machine_evil_empire_front.jpg

Scott D
4/19/2005, 07:12 PM
Oh the shame...it's not like I really watch MNF now. :rolleyes:

AllAboutThe'O'
4/20/2005, 12:28 AM
Now ABC knows how CBS felt at first and then NBC about losing NFL football.
It won't hurt ABC quite as bad as the other two networks because of the Disney-ESPN family synergy, plus ABC had a phenomenal year with the new hit shows.
And, as much as I hate to admit it, while MNF was arguably the single most revolutionary sports program and made ABC must-see viewing, the show has gotten a little stale. The ratings have gone down and the network was losing money. I think it will be good for ABC to retrench and see what its options are before the next TV contract comes open in six years.
Now, it's great that NBC is back in the NFL TV biz, although, like CBS with the AFC, it's not the same as it once was. It will be interesting to see who NBC hires as its announce team, and likewise ESPN.
Here's my early prediction: NBC hires John Madden and teams him with Bob Costas, while ESPN promotes the Sunday night crew (Patrick, Theismann and Maguire) to Monday nights.

JohnnyMack
5/3/2005, 06:17 PM
while ESPN promotes the Sunday night crew (Patrick, Theismann and Maguire) to Monday nights.

I'd like to see Al Michaels with Theismann and Maguire.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/3/2005, 09:57 PM
I'd like to see Al Michaels with Theismann and Maguire.
That's a possibility, too. But there may be a school of thought that Al Michaels will forever be associated with ABC (the Miracle on Ice, the '89 World Series earthquake, MNF) and that people won't associate him as an ESPN announcer (even though they're owned by the same company).