PDA

View Full Version : race fans.

mrowl
4/14/2005, 02:43 PM
They are already in town. great. :rolleyes:

bastages.

colleyvillesooner
4/14/2005, 02:56 PM
I got invited to that "Fandango" thing tonight. I have no idea what it is, but it involves racing, so I know I'll be able to drink, so I'm thinking about it.

mrowl
4/14/2005, 03:07 PM
this is the official:

"Stay as far away from SH114 all weekend" weekend, sponsered by TXDOT

Beef
4/14/2005, 03:14 PM
This hillbilly will be at the race Sunday.

mrowl
4/14/2005, 06:09 PM
I really wish I had my camera phone with me. I just saw an F'in hillbilly with giant #3 flags all over his camaro going through lewisville.

SoonerBorn68
4/14/2005, 07:07 PM
Heh, I had two tickets given to me somewhere in Turn 2...They had a $112 face value :eek:...So, I gave them to one of my techs. He's a NASCAR freak, I'm not...hope he has fun!

BudSooner
4/14/2005, 07:48 PM
This hillbilly will be at the race Sunday.
Hey where are your seats at? Make a poster so if and when the cameras scan the stands..we can see you holding up a sign that says "I'm a F'n HILLBILLY!" :D
Congrats on scoring tickets, my only hope is catching it on Fox(fux)and dealing with good 'ol DW...BLECH!

Heh, I had two tickets given to me somewhere in Turn 2
Thats where the action used to be back when they had the water seepage problem..man that made for some back wrecks on the 1st lap!

"Stay as far away from SH114 all weekend" weekend, sponsered by TXDOTmrowl next time you get a chance to talk to someone from Charlotte, ask them what its like to try driving past Lowes Motor Speedway....people tell me its worse than the drizzling ****s, hehehe. Martinsville is really bad when they let out after the spring race...but in the fall the traffic is not near as bad, don't know why either.

Beef
4/15/2005, 09:48 AM
My roommate is setting the whole thing up. She knows someone who gets an RV spot in the infield every year. She said their spot every year is on the fence at turn 1. If that's where they are, then I will be one happy hillbilly.

BudSooner
4/15/2005, 07:04 PM
My roommate is setting the whole thing up. She knows someone who gets an RV spot in the infield every year. She said their spot every year is on the fence at turn 1. If that's where they are, then I will be one happy hillbilly.
Be sure and MAKE A POSTER for tv...we gotta see your sign on tv dude!

Beef
4/16/2005, 08:01 AM
I'll try to throw together a HIRE WARD BURTON! TIA. sign.

Beef
4/17/2005, 06:38 AM
Off to the races, beyonces!!!11!!1!!

BudSooner
4/17/2005, 10:09 AM
Off to the races, beyonces!!!11!!1!!
You SUCK! :D :D :D

HA! Just for those Jeff Gordon fans(all two of you)here's something to chew on..
Robby Gordon has the WORST engines available so far this year, look who's running slower in practice than Robby-

16 - 48 = Jimmie Johnson = 191.503 = 28.198
17 - 8 = Dale Earnhardt Jr. = 191.360 = 28.219
18 - 7 = Robby Gordon = 191.293 = 28.229
19 - 18 = Bobby Labonte = 191.272 = 28.232
20 - 24 = Jeff Gordon = 191.083 = 28.260 :mack: :mack: :mack:
Working on his race setup? Can of Pepsi get wedged between the gas pedal and the firewall? JJ has better equipment than Jeff? Heh.

I'm just screwing with ya. :D

StoopTroup
4/17/2005, 01:08 PM
Little E putting the pedal down...

Beef
4/17/2005, 08:40 PM
I'm so flippin tired. Wish I could take off work tomorrow.

BudSooner
4/17/2005, 08:56 PM
God that was the worst Texas race ever. A friggin snooze fest, JJ-Jeff-Jr-and Ryan didn't have much luck all day. well JJ sure was coming on strong at the end.
Beef, you might have worked some good mojo with the idea for the sign...word around the garage is that Ward is either going to replace Jason Lefler in the(this may not happen) 11 FedEx ride, and or..and this is from a racing news site-

He reportedly has been offered rides in the Cup, Busch and Truck series. "I won't come back if the right situation isn't there," he said. "I won't say Cup is my only choice, but it's the only one I'm considering." Burton said he also had been contacted about attempting the Indianapolis 500.(Richmond Times Dispatch)
http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

Here's a heart warming story, from the same source...and the guy who puts that site together is pretty much spot on when it comes to the rumor mill-

The hottest news on the corporate front is that Chevrolet executives may be making a run at Ryan Newman and crew chief Matt Borland, according to NASCAR sources. Newman apparently has one more year left [2006] on his driving contract with Roger Penske but Borland's contract is reported to be up at the end of this season. Now comes word Chevrolet is offering to set up a team for Newman and Borland for 2006, reported to be with engines supplied by Hendrick Motorsports
Ryan in a Hendricks Chevy?? WOOHOO!

CLICK SOME DAMNED ADS! :D