PDA

View Full Version : Say Hello to Sooner Spectator!

Phil
4/14/2005, 07:46 AM
Some of you noticed our new header graphic yesterday. Today, we have some more new stuff up there you might have noticed. Before you ask, nobody has bought the website, and other than adding a forum and changing the graphics, nothing else here will change. With that out of the way, . . .

Sooner fans, say hello to the newest, hottest Sooner publication around, Sooner Spectator magazine!

A subscription to Sooner Spectator will bring its full-color, full-tilt Sooner coverage to your door every week during football season (and 17 times a year)! Yes, you heard right, the weekly Sooner football magazine is back, but now it's in full color and better than ever! We'll have extensive football and basketball coverage, great opinion columns, human interest stories and classic history lessons, as well as coverage of every other OU sport on the map. The Road Warrior and Al Eschbach will be featured regularly, along with a talented stable of writers and photographers dedicated to making Sooner Spectator the best publication of its kind.

But don't take our word for it - see for yourself this Saturday!

You can pick up a FREE copy of Sooner Spectator's premier issue at the Annual Red/White Game in Norman on Saturday. We will be distributing FREE copies (while supplies last) before the game at the southeast corner of Lindsey and Jenkins, as well as at the Apothem on Campus Corner and around the Campus Corner area. After the game, you can pick up a copy outside the stadium gates if supplies allow.

If you can't make it to Norman, you can download a free pdf copy of our premier issue by visiting our website HERE (http://www.soonerspectator.com).

Subscriptions are only $49.95 for 17 full-color, action-packed issues of Sooner Spectator every year. If you subscribe online at www.soonerspectator.com, you'll get a $5.00 discount!

Sooner Spectator is Oklahoma owned and operated, so we've always got the best interests of OU fans in mind. Take a look at our premier issue and see what you think. If getting top-notch coverage delivered to your front door every week during football season (and 17 times a year) is something you've been missing, then give us a chance to restore your faith.

We believe you'll love what you see!

SoonerFans.com is proud to be the official message board partner of SoonerSpectator.com.

OklahomaTuba
4/14/2005, 08:06 AM
Hi Spectator!

FaninAma
4/14/2005, 09:20 AM
Cool.

Badcow
4/14/2005, 09:41 AM
Hello. :)

TopDawg
4/14/2005, 10:06 AM
I've seen it and let me tell you all something. It's HAWT!

I'm being serious.

Big Red Ron
4/14/2005, 10:23 AM
Sweet, Sooners Illustrated has gone down hill badly since it was sold.

GDC
4/14/2005, 10:33 AM
Sweet, Sooners Illustrated has gone down hill badly since it was sold.

I was thinking just this morning how SI has mostly started to suck except for Phil's column. This is great news. :)

FaninAma
4/14/2005, 12:49 PM
It definitely needs a page dedicated to farks if it could be done in complaince with copyright laws.

MiccoMacey
4/14/2005, 12:57 PM
I didn't know Phil only has 1041 posts.

Rookie. ;)

Redshirt
4/14/2005, 03:16 PM
He lost all his posts when the site changed servers. I lost over 2.3 million myself.

OklahomaTuba
4/14/2005, 03:28 PM
Will there be a swimsuit edition?

Texas Golfer
4/14/2005, 05:43 PM
Howdy, Spectator. I'm all for a swimsuit edition!

GoOwls
4/15/2005, 01:57 PM
It definitely needs a page dedicated to farks if it could be done in complaince with copyright laws.

Agreed. Give Czar a section.

Cam
4/15/2005, 08:22 PM
Very cool. SI's been the succ for quite some time. They got pissed at me on one of their surveys. The reason: I asked them why 62.5% of their magazine was ads. I did the math one day cause I was tired of seeing a 1/4 page of article and 3/4 ads. Please don't do that Phil.

StoopTroup
4/16/2005, 02:53 PM
Spectacular!

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/17/2005, 07:40 PM
I think that, say once a month or whatever, phil could post a high-res photo taken by one of the staff photographers and have those photoshopped and pick the best one or two to go in the magazine or something.

That would get around any copyright issues.

batonrougesooner
4/17/2005, 09:17 PM
I think that, say once a month or whatever, phil could post a high-res photo taken by one of the staff photographers and have those photoshopped and pick the best one or two to go in the magazine or something.

That would get around any copyright issues.

What about libel issues?

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/17/2005, 09:36 PM
What about libel issues?

Phil's a lawyer. He'll worry about that.

SicEmBaylor
4/22/2005, 05:43 AM
I just downloaded my free copy, and I really have to hand it to you guys it was phoenomenal. It was bar none the best insider collegiate sports magazine that I've ever read. I wish we had something that good down at Baylor. Really great job, and best success to you!

snp
5/2/2005, 08:38 PM
Let me be the first to welcome our new Overlord and Master, Sooner Spectator.

Phil
5/3/2005, 10:04 PM
Thank you, serf.

booomer
5/5/2005, 06:56 AM
I subscribed to it and I am anxiously awaiting for my first copy.....

Ruleshissun
10/6/2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the free issue.

FtwTxSooner
9/19/2007, 08:49 PM
Somehow I can't start a new thread, so I'll just hijack this one. Just wanted to say I received my first issue today, Fall #1, and I am very impressed. From the articles, to the production quality, this magazine is top notch! I can't wait for the rest of the season to unfold in the upcoming issues.