PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2005, 06:57 AM
I'm so tired of the race card (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2035132) being played like this.....

hey jermaine....i know you could go join the army and fight a war........but you havent, so stfu

Sooner_Bob
4/12/2005, 07:05 AM
Come on JK, you know it's all about race . . . . ;)

Herr Scholz
4/12/2005, 09:31 AM
I get tired of that too. It hampers progress in race relations and waters down the real cases of racism. Barry Bonds did the same thing recently. 'Y'all are racist!' No, morons, sometimes it's not about race. Sometimes it's just about cheaters and bad basketball players. I also just watched Real Sports last night. They had a piece on that financial advisor Tank Black that was fleecing his NFL clients and got sent to prison. Everyone accusing him (all his clients were black, Gene Upshaw of the NFL players union, etc.) was black but somehow the accusations were race based. ???????

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2005, 09:35 AM
i think Stern is trying to force kids into school, rather than let them opt out and jump straight to the league......i just cant see how thats really a bad thing, and certainly not one where he's trying to "keep the brother down"

the NBA has done more for african americans than any of the other professional leagues in my opinion.......black coaches, black GM's,....its not really what you'd call a "white mans" sport....which is perfectly fine, but its unfair to Stern to call him a racist

Herr Scholz
4/12/2005, 09:37 AM
Those younger players are hurting the league. None of them can shoot or dribble. All they can do is dunk. The game sucks because of it. Learn to play first.

Scott D
4/12/2005, 11:54 AM
Mind you that the comments are from an uneducated kid who lucked out that he actually did have enough talent to last when coming out of high school. I wish Stern luck in this matter, but I have my doubts that this Pandora's Box can be closed. I guarantee you that Jermaine O'Neal has no idea that one of the biggest people FOR an age limit in the NBA is Spencer Haywood, who got the whole high school to NBA thing started in the first place.
O'Neal clearly doesn't understand that in Hockey 99% of the 17-18 year olds they draft either stay on their college team, stay on their junior hockey team, or just maybe...play minor league hockey...most of them don't get a real 'sniff' at the NHL until they are at least 20 years old. If the NBA had a legitimate minor league system, then the age limit would be a non issue, since you could stick these high school kids on those teams.

Rhino
4/12/2005, 11:58 AM
This coming from a guy that should have gone to college instead of jumping to the NBA.

I'm sure the Trailblazers are happy they spent all that cash on Jermaine to average 3.8ppg in his four years with them.