PDA

View Full Version : I hope Birdine doesn't end up like Wayne Chambers...

GDC
4/10/2005, 09:18 AM
Q&A
With Junior defensive end Larry Birdine

Oklahoma defensive end Larry Birdine, a junior-to-be from Lawton, made himself famous a month before the Orange Bowl by calling USC a 1 1/2-man team and saying Trojan QB Matt Leinart was overrated. No such bombshells from Birdine during a lighthearted Q&A following OU's scrimmage Saturday.

Q: What was the last good movie you saw at a theater?

A: The last good movie I saw? I'm a movie critic. I'm going to have to say "White Chicks."

Q: When was the last time you were afraid in a movie theater?

A: Hmm. "From Hell." That Jack the Ripper movie.

Q: OK, when's the last time you were scared outside a movie theater?

A: I'd have to say about 2 1/2 months ago. Man, people were acting real crazy. They were shooting at a party. It was crazy.

Q: And did you hang around?

A: No! No, I was gone. I was not playing. Them bullets be hot.

Q: If you were not a football player, what would you be doing today?

A: A broadcaster. Because I've got a good personality. I'd be a radio personality or something like tfvhat."

Q: What's the best meal you've ever eaten?

A: I like spaghetti and cornbread.

Q: OK, that's your favorite food. But can you say, "That was the best meal I ever had"?

A: Yes. Really. I look forward to that.

:eek:

usmc-sooner
4/10/2005, 09:21 AM
them bullets be hot

Texas Golfer
4/10/2005, 03:41 PM
Originally being from Lawton, I'm ashamed to say he received his education from the LISD.

Widescreen
4/10/2005, 03:44 PM
How do you even pronounce "tfvhat"?

Hella Sideburns
4/10/2005, 05:29 PM
white chicks ahaha

Blitzkrieg
4/10/2005, 06:37 PM
Stay away from Pauls Valley. Blitz grew up there, and yes, bullets and fists fly on a regular basis.

critical_phil
4/10/2005, 06:49 PM
thanks larry

\/

King Crimson
4/10/2005, 06:55 PM
spaghetti and cornbread?

cuedaddy
4/10/2005, 07:56 PM
It's a good thing he wasn't asked about any of the teams or players he'll be facing this year. Stoops probably has him sticking to the party line. It's amazing what a coast-to-coast a**-spanking does to humble a player.

Widescreen
4/10/2005, 08:12 PM
This message is hidden because cuedaddy is on your ignore list.

Eh?

soonermark
4/10/2005, 09:42 PM
It's a good thing he wasn't asked about any of the teams or players he'll be facing this year. Stoops probably has him sticking to the party line. It's amazing what a coast-to-coast a**-spanking does to humble a player.

I'm sure you're an expert on *** spankings.

sooneron
4/11/2005, 12:12 PM
spaghetti and cornbread?
I was thinking the same thing. What a gourmand. :eddie:

GDC
4/12/2005, 10:10 AM
Of course, this is the same player whose pre-game rituals (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-22569.html) include shaving his entire body, reading Danielle Steel novels, and watching figure skating. :D

LawtonBoy74
4/12/2005, 10:24 AM
Yeah he's from Lawton alright. And those bullets are hot. Tried eating one the other day and i burnt my tongue.

Sooner51
4/12/2005, 12:21 PM
Larry, please shut your cornbread hole and focus on football.
Thanks,

sooners_71
4/12/2005, 06:19 PM
LMAO!

Them bullets be hot.. ain't that the truth..but geez, they're great when buttered though..!!!

GDC
9/7/2006, 08:10 AM
Questions with Larry Birdine
By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
9/7/2006

What were some of your favorite cartoons when you were a kid?

I used to watch "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" -- the original one -- and "Toxic Avenger" and on Nickelodeon I used to watch "The Elephant Show."

What toy did you have to take everywhere?

I had about a 2-foot tall Leonardo, a Ninja Turtle. That was my favorite. I also had a "My Buddy," though. So between my "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" and "My Buddy," I think I took my "My Buddy" around a little more because he was soft. My turtle was hard.

If you were on a deserted island, what's the one creature comfort you'd want?

I believe a woman.

OK, what about something that doesn't live and breath and say 'No,' maybe something from Circuit City?

My computer, man. Although on an island, I bet they don't have no service there. But I couldn't live without my computer.

What do you do to relax and get away from football?

I just go home and usually watch the NFL Network. I try to stay up with the guys in the league and try to stay motivated when I come out here to practice and try to make it to the next level.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To find out Birdine's favorite movie and why he lives it almost every day, log on to www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra.

sooner KB
9/7/2006, 08:53 AM
If you guys knew all the players on the team that talks like this...

uncle mo
9/7/2006, 09:08 AM
The first Q&A is from last summer. I gave him hell about "them bullets be hot" for months.

The last one is funnier. This cracks me up to no end:

"If you were on a deserted island, what's the one creature comfort you'd want?

I believe a woman."

Jason White's Third Knee
9/7/2006, 10:25 AM
Just about any of his answers would make an excellent sig.

Bonecrusher#31
9/7/2006, 10:43 AM
Damn... He's right and I grew up in Lawton but I went Lawton Ike (Eisenhower High)

"Dem Bullets be Hotttttttt"

fwsooner22
9/7/2006, 11:06 AM
He went to Ike too...........

stoopified
9/7/2006, 11:09 AM
Originally being from Lawton, I'm ashamed to say he received his education from the LISD. I was born in Lawton myself,I usually don't admit it though.Went To Tomlison Jr. High.

Paperclip
9/7/2006, 11:41 AM
The last good movie I saw? I'm a movie critic. I'm going to have to say "White Chicks."

We give this movie the serious high five.

westcoast_sooner
9/7/2006, 11:59 AM
You know his Wonderlic will be higher than VY's....

jwlynn64
9/7/2006, 12:45 PM
Hey, I'm from Lawton as well but I'm not bothered by Larry. He seems like a fairly intelligent guy, IMO, but a little bit crazy. That might actually help playing DE.

yermom
9/7/2006, 01:01 PM
yeah, he doesn't sound dumb, just a little nuts

linemen are supposed to be a bit crazy :D