PDA

View Full Version : It's On Tonight

AllAboutThe'O'
4/5/2005, 03:35 PM
The opener for the Texas Rangers, that is. The Rangers hope to carry over the momentum from last season's great ride into this season, but they'll be tested right off the bat. Standing in their way to start things off in '05 will be the Los Angeles/Anaheim/Orange County/Disneyland Angels of Los Angeles/Orange County/Anaheim/El Segundo/Santa Monica/Malibu. It's finally here. Go Rangers, make a statement.

Soonerborn03
4/6/2005, 12:08 AM
Shame they couldn't pull this one out tonight. Drese threw a hell of a game, but the Rangers just couldn't put it all together against Colon tonight. Rangers would have had this game if it weren't for the superhuman effort from Vlad. He's just so damn strong and so damn good

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2005, 08:35 AM
Bad omen when you get the first two batters of the game on and can't score. I HATE leaving RISP....I'll take that outing from Drese errrytime and the plays Matthews made in the field and at the plate showed why he is the starting centerfielder.

jk the sooner fan
4/6/2005, 01:15 PM
Young had a couple of clutch at bats last nite, with RISP.......last year he drives in a run or two from at least one of those at bats.......lets hope it was just opening game jitters

nice to see Tex start off with a homer

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2005, 02:14 PM
Young had a couple of clutch at bats last nite, with RISP.......last year he drives in a run or two from at least one of those at bats.......lets hope it was just opening game jitters

nice to see Tex start off with a homer

Yep, and Tex just missed on his first at bat, and his single off the wall was close to being a homer as well...good things...

SoonerProphet
4/6/2005, 03:09 PM
Yep, and Tex just missed on his first at bat, and his single off the wall was close to being a homer as well...good things...

That throw by Vlad boggled my mind.

GrapevineSooner
4/6/2005, 03:53 PM
Vlad is not human.

And neither is K-Rod.

GrapevineSooner
4/6/2005, 10:08 PM
And Gary Mathews Jr. was clearly safe on that play at home.

Memo to the umps. When the catcher slaps the tag down right on home plate, the runner will have already crossed the plate.

Baseball needs instant replay.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/7/2005, 01:34 AM
Yay! The Rangers pulled it out tonight, 3-2, in 12 innings on Soriano's home run to right, after Orange County tied it with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. :mad: But the Rangers stuck it out and came through with the W. :D Now, whether they lose tomorrow's game or not, at least they didn't have to worry about getting swept to open the season.
Also, I love delicious irony. Soriano helped win the game for Texas, while the guy he was traded for was one of the goats for the Yankees. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH!

GrapevineSooner
4/7/2005, 01:37 AM
I'll admit, when K-Rod came out for the 10th, I thought they were done. So I went to bed, but got back up thanks to a whooping cough :mad:

I flipped on the TV to see the Rangers almost blow it in the 11th when Bukvich couldn't throw a strike to save his life. Needless to say, I was happy to see R.A. get the next two guys out and Ron Mahay get the final out before Soriano's game-winner.

GrapevineSooner
4/7/2005, 01:38 AM
And for the record, is it:

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Orange County of the Western Division of the American League of Major League Baseball?

AllAboutThe'O'
4/7/2005, 01:47 AM
And for the record, is it:

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Orange County of the Western Division of the American League of Major League Baseball?
Which is owned by Arte Moreno that used to be owned by Gene Autry which is managed by Mike Scioscia who used to be managed by Gene Mauch which stars Vlad Guerrero which used to star Brian Downing which used to play in Anaheim Stadium Edison International Field of Anaheim but now plays in Angel Stadium of Anaheim.