PDA

View Full Version : Well, That Sucked Last Night

GrapevineSooner
4/4/2005, 10:50 AM
Last night's Red Sox-Yanks game from my perspective can be summed up in three words:

Comedy of Errors.

From Boomer's balk to Halama allowing that comebacker to go through the five-hole.

Good thing there are still 161 more to go and 18 to go in the season series with the Yankees.

Herr Scholz
4/4/2005, 10:58 AM
What was up with the Yankee fans giving a standing ovation to that admitted serial cheater Giambi? I can understand cheering for him but a standing O? $10 says those fans turn on him and he's traded by the All-Star break because he's hitting .225.

OUthunder
4/4/2005, 11:13 AM
I hope last nite's game was a sign of things to come. If Mussina can have a good year and the Wright kid as well, I like the Yanks chances.

Herr Scholz
4/4/2005, 11:16 AM
The Evil Empire. They don't have any weaknesses. It's bullcrap. Every team has to deal with a budget except for them. They're a group of hired mercenaries. Doesn't matter if Kevin Brown's back breaks or Wright's arm explodes. They'll just go out a buy more hired guns. That revenue sharing thing is a joke.

GrapevineSooner
4/4/2005, 12:36 PM
What was up with the Yankee fans giving a standing ovation to that admitted serial cheater Giambi? I can understand cheering for him but a standing O? $10 says those fans turn on him and he's traded by the All-Star break because he's hitting .225.
It's a loyalty thing. Same reason why when Barry Bonds returns from his injured knee, most of the fans at SBC Park will give him a standing ovation when he steps to the plate for the first time this season.

And speaking of standing O's, anybody read Bill Simmons' latest column (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/050401&num=0) where he bemoans the trade of Dave Roberts to San Diego? I'm sure Jay Payton's going to do a fine job as the Bosox leadoff man. But I'm with the Sports Guy on the off-season trade of the single biggest reason the Red Sox were able to pull off that miracle last October against the Yanks.

BudSooner
4/4/2005, 07:39 PM
I'm not much of a Giambi fan and giving him that reception was rather stupid in my opinion..if there was one guy who deserved a standing O it was Matsui...that was one HELLUVA catch!

MiccoMacey
4/4/2005, 10:40 PM
You guys are fixating on the wrong teams...

The Reds are on their way, baby!!

The curse is over, so the Red Sox are not important anymore.

The Yankees will always be hated by most.

Join the Reds. It'll be the "in" thing to do whe we win 162 games this year.

BudSooner
4/5/2005, 08:11 AM
You guys are fixating on the wrong teams...

The curse is over, so the Red Sox are not important anymore.

The Yankees will always be hated by most.

Join the Reds. It'll be the "in" thing to do whe we win 16 games this year.
Huh? :mack:

Herr Scholz
4/5/2005, 11:45 AM
Still no pitchings. Cubs rule.