Reno
4/1/2005, 04:00 PM
All digitally filmed. [Don King] It's gonna be Splendiverous![/Don King]:D

Scott D
4/1/2005, 04:02 PM
I'll wait for the DVD

crawfish
4/1/2005, 04:05 PM
Post a review. I may see if I can drag some co-workers to it next week...

JohnnyMack
4/1/2005, 04:08 PM
Time to dork-out.

I'm in!

Hatfield
4/1/2005, 04:13 PM
i can't get over how much it looks like the graphic novel

KC//CRIMSON
4/2/2005, 12:06 AM
Just got back from the theater, and WOW!

That was FREAKIN AWESOME!

I would have paid double the admission to see it, seriously.

Rawked.

Hard.

Core.

yermom
4/2/2005, 12:12 AM
dude, i kinda forgot about Robert Rodriquez doing this, and had no idea Tarrantino was involved

this movie is BAD ***

oh and Jessica Alba is like a Quadruple Cheeseburger or something :D

StoopTroup
4/2/2005, 12:34 AM
I saw it tonight....one word...

http://members.aol.com/amoros9/ds9/Quark.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
4/2/2005, 12:37 AM
Is that all you got! :D

colleyvillesooner
4/2/2005, 12:41 AM
RYFO?

StoopTroup
4/2/2005, 12:42 AM
I can't get over how frickin' stupid that character was...lol

Mickey Rourke made me LMAO however...

colleyvillesooner
4/2/2005, 12:51 AM
I can't get over how frickin' stupid that character was...lol

Mickey Rourke made me LMAO however...

thanks alot! please use a SPOILER!! next time you wanna ruin a movie!!! NOw I know that Rourke was funny!!! ;)

Like Spun funny?

StoopTroup
4/2/2005, 09:12 AM
thanks alot! please use a SPOILER!! next time you wanna ruin a movie!!! NOw I know that Rourke was funny!!! ;)

Like Spun funny?
Seriously...his character is the best in the movie IMO...he makes this movie worth seeing...

colleyvillesooner
4/2/2005, 10:40 AM
Seriously...his character is the best in the movie IMO...he makes this movie worth seeing...

I'll see it then...If he can pull this look off he can do anything : ;)

http://www.tausend.de/backstage/tausend/picpool/kino/spun3.jpeg.jpg

StoopTroup
4/2/2005, 10:43 AM
I'll see it then...If he can pull this look off he can do anything : ;)

http://www.tausend.de/backstage/tausend/picpool/kino/spun3.jpeg.jpg
He does alot better than that...lol

He gets an Oscar for bringing Duke Nukem to the screen...lol

mrowl
4/2/2005, 10:48 AM
I will wait until the world premiere on TNT.

StoopTroup
4/2/2005, 10:50 AM
I will wait until the world premiere on TNT.
It will be about 10 minutes long....

Extreme, intense, constant, and graphic violence, torture, suicide, dismemberment, references to cannibalism, child molestation, and rape

mrowl
4/2/2005, 10:52 AM
It will be about 10 minutes long....

good... thats about how much of "Last Action Hero" I watched.

Hatfield
4/2/2005, 11:11 AM
carla gugino naked is worth the price of admission.

StoopTroup
4/2/2005, 11:15 AM
http://www.esquire.com/women/gallery/img/040201_mww_gugino01_g.jpg

Boarder
4/2/2005, 11:18 AM
I liked the movie. If you're wondering what it's about, think 50's gangster movie done Kill Bill Style. Or, Kill Bill set in the 50's with less samurai moves. There are a couple of boobies on the screen, so warn the kiddies. There was a severe lack of cussing, though, I noticed. In a movie like this, you'd expect a ton, but thinking back, I can't remember hardly any.

If you like Kill Bill or Pulp Fiction, you'll like the movie. Visuals and effects were great. Style is really cool. Story is not bad, either. Just a cool all around movie. Not the best ever, but not sucky at all. Don't wait, go see it.

Norm In Norman
4/2/2005, 11:12 PM
Can I wait until tomorrow to see it? It's pretty late tonight.

Scott D
4/2/2005, 11:13 PM
so other than naked carla gugino why do I wanna see it again?

SoonerInKCMO
4/2/2005, 11:16 PM
so other than naked carla gugino why do I wanna see it again?

Do you really need another reason?

Scott D
4/2/2005, 11:55 PM
Do you really need another reason?

yah, cuz she's naked under my desk right now ;)

Ike
4/3/2005, 01:22 AM
saw it tonight. I liked it, wife still is a bit disturbed by it and won't render a decision yet. much gratuitous violence, not all of it with a point to it.

what really got me about it...on the way in the wife and I both get our IDs checked once at the box office, and once more before entering the theater. One would hope that this strict checking of ID's was due mostly to the graphic violence (or at least I would, especially since this theater has never checked my ID. evar), but I have a strong hunch that they checked IDs because there were tittays on the screen.

StoopTroup
4/3/2005, 01:41 AM
My Wife told me..."OK...I pick the Movie next time!"

OMG...please no "Miss Congeniality: Armed and Dangerous"....

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously...she knows better than to even ask....:D

Ike
4/3/2005, 02:05 AM
My Wife told me..."OK...I pick the Movie next time!"

OMG...please no "Miss Congeniality: Armed and Dangerous"....

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously...she knows better than to even ask....:D
heh. me too.

proud gonzo
4/3/2005, 04:16 AM
dudes, what's wrong with your wives?? that movie was AWESOME!! ok, ok, that's not a response after much reflection on the movie (i just saw it at 9:40.) but upon watching it and first reaction I thought it was great. Robert Rodriguez RMFA!
some girl said as she left the theater, "There was so much blood! i didn't like it, the whole movie was just so intense" yeah, well have you ever seen desperado? that's what robert rodriguez does best.
my only complaint aside from yellow dude (who, I assume, looked like that because of the graphic novels) was that Clive Owen used an american accent. Not that he does a bad american accent, just that i REALLY like his real accent. an awesome voice/accent like that should not be shat upon by american pronunciation.

oh, and i'm OH so thankful Josh Hartnett had a very small roll.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/3/2005, 08:50 AM
I really liked it too and usually movies like this aren't my thing. My friend was freaked out by it and said there was too much violence. I loved the way they shot it no pun intended.

GDC
4/5/2005, 07:52 AM
good movie, especially Mickey Rourke's part

soonerspiff
4/5/2005, 09:10 AM
Jaime King is a better reason than Carla, IMO. I liked the movie a lot, but it was almost too close to the comic book, which made the dialog really bad in parts, beyond the just funny/corny to stupid. But I liked it a lot, the girlfried on the other hand didn't as much.

I got the, "Ok, I get to pick the next movie" thing too. :(

Norm In Norman
4/5/2005, 09:12 PM
It was pretty good. I probably won't buy it or anything, but I'm not disappointed in it. I went in with NO CLUE about what it was about other than it was based on a comic book (graphic novel for those without a life), and boy was I surprised.

There was something sorta Natural Born Killers about it. It was quite different.

Norm In Norman
8/13/2005, 08:50 PM
Thread killer.

This comes out on DVD Tuesday. I sorta want to buy it. For some reason I've had this craving to see it again for about a month or so now. I don't know what it is about it that is making me want to see it again. If I bought it, it would be like Pulp Fiction, Matrix, or one of the others that I NEVER get to see because of the boy.

silverwheels
8/13/2005, 09:00 PM
Thread killer.

This comes out on DVD Tuesday. I sorta want to buy it. For some reason I've had this craving to see it again for about a month or so now. I don't know what it is about it that is making me want to see it again. If I bought it, it would be like Pulp Fiction, Matrix, or one of the others that I NEVER get to see because of the boy.

I'm probably going to get it. Even the girl I went with liked it.

KC//CRIMSON
8/13/2005, 09:05 PM
Thread killer.

Buy it. I am. :cool:

GottaHavePride
8/13/2005, 11:21 PM
Why buy Sin City when the Thundercats just came out on DVD? ;)

silverwheels
8/13/2005, 11:22 PM
Why buy Sin City when the Thundercats just came out on DVD? ;)

Transformers > Thundercats. ;)

proud gonzo
8/13/2005, 11:27 PM
gooood movie

Penguin
1/17/2006, 02:28 AM
I finally watched it tonight.

Great flick. Mickey Rourke's character blew me away. It was great.

The only thing that I didn't catch was the very final scene when some dude (I guess I was supposed to recognize him) offered the traitor chick a cigarette. What's up with that? Was there something significant that really happened in that scene? I had the feeling that I was supposed to feel like it tied the whole movie together, but, instead, I was cornfused.

yermom
1/17/2006, 08:41 AM
Josh Hartnett was in the opening scene offering a chick a cigarette as well

he then shoots her

Penguin
1/17/2006, 11:51 AM
Ahh. Thanks. Makes sense now.

KC//CRIMSON
3/29/2006, 09:32 PM
'Sin City' Characters — Even Dead Ones — Returning For Sequel :cool:

http://www.vh1.com/movies/news/articles/1527380/03292006/story.jhtml

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/29/2006, 10:07 PM
I saw the sequel advertised during Lost. YAY

Sooner_Bob
3/29/2006, 10:12 PM
Carla Gugino looked pretty good . . . it kinda went downhill from there for me so I turned it off.

:D