PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever take the GMAT

royalfan5
3/28/2005, 04:33 PM
I have decieded to not be a lawyer and instead be a banker. However, I now need to take the GMAT. Has anyone ever taken it, and if so to you have any tips?
Thanks.

jeremy885
3/28/2005, 04:35 PM
Study geometry.

Herr Scholz
3/28/2005, 04:39 PM
It's a test you need to prepare for but it's not that hard. You can't take it cold like the SAT. The types of questions are a bit trickier and more specific. If you don't prepare, you will spend too much time trying to figure out what they're asking. You can get a CD or whatever and just familiarize yourself with the types of questions and be fine.

SoonerBBall
3/28/2005, 04:44 PM
I have decieded to not be a lawyer and instead be a banker. However, I now need to take the GMAT. Has anyone ever taken it, and if so to you have any tips?
Thanks.Wuss. LSAT ftw!

(for the win)

:D

SoonerInKCMO
3/28/2005, 04:48 PM
I got the Barron's prep guide before I took it and that seemed to be all I needed. The test didn't seem all that hard. Depending on your educatoinal background, the math portions might be difficult.

49r
3/28/2005, 06:01 PM
I'm currently studying for the GMAT myself...the math part is a piece of cake for me, I'm concerned about the writing assessment and the reading comprehension. I guess visiting SoonerFans every day isn't the best way for me to prepare! :P

Anyway, any pointers in regards to GMAT preperation would be greatly appreciated!

Herr Scholz
3/28/2005, 06:24 PM
Do a lot of practice tests and practice questions from those prep books.

BeetDigger
3/7/2006, 09:46 AM
Study, study, study. That's what I did. 98th percentile beyotches. :D

slickdawg
3/7/2006, 10:27 AM
Just write in "Chuck Norris" for each answer, and you will score 8,000

It's been 15 years since I took the GMAT, but I agree with SoonerinKCMO -
get a book and study up.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/7/2006, 11:46 AM
i used a cd back in 98 and it was all i needed for prep. the written part doesn't really matter unless you get a low score. the key thing to understand is the math problems, they aren't something that you saw a lot of in school. schools brag about their average GMAT score so the higher it is the simpler it is to get into the program.