Klein (TX)
Collins

Height: 6-foot-0
Weight: 205 pounds
40-yard dash: 4.4 seconds
Bench max: 240 pounds
GPA: 2.8

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=32755

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Oklahoma just offered him. Hes straight outa my home town (from my HS's biggest rival school) and hes a freak. He is really really good. If hes smart he will be the heir to AD.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/11/2005, 09:38 PM
tough act to follow

jreed13
3/11/2005, 09:47 PM
Hes no AD but hes damn good

stoopified
3/16/2005, 01:13 AM
cool

AustinTXHorn
3/16/2005, 06:26 PM
Texas' to lose for right now, but there's a long way to go.

jreed13
3/16/2005, 07:04 PM
Ive been trying my hardest to find his highlight reel that I saw on the internet not to long ago. It was off a little rinky dink texas prep website or something. If anybody knows what Im talking about a link would be appreciated.

Grimmy97
3/29/2005, 06:43 PM
There is video of him on www.sunshinepreps.net

look under sunshine prep stories and find either michael goodson or Klein Collins HS video

colleyvillesooner
3/29/2005, 08:03 PM
http://sunshinepreps.net/content/view/128/2/

http://sunshinepreps.net/oldclips/Michael%20Goodson.wmv

jreed13
3/29/2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks colley. This kid is amazing. I have yet to watch a highlight reel of an 06 RB who impresses me more.

AustinTXHorn
3/29/2005, 10:54 PM
Texas isn't the leader anymore. Now that Texas has Emmanuel Moody and about 3 other running backs, I'd be surprised if he went to Texas.

JohnnyMack
3/29/2005, 11:09 PM
Texas isn't the leader anymore. Now that Texas has Emmanuel Moody and about 3 other running backs, I'd be surprised if he went to Texas.

Sour grapes much?

jreed13
3/30/2005, 02:06 AM
How can any recruit pass up the chance to be Adrian Petersons succesor???

GoOwls
3/30/2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah he's good. He definetely has a little flash.

AustinTXHorn
3/30/2005, 05:55 PM
Sour grapes much?
Not sour grapes. We got the guy who is likely the best back in Texas, or tied with Goodson. In fact, this is from his newest rivals article...

Being a Texan, the offer from UT was important for Goodson, but the Longhorns' recent recruiting success with running backs has created some concern.

"That was pretty bad," he said. "Me and my dad talked about that a lot. It decreased them a little bit."

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/31/2005, 11:54 PM
Those are some great videos of him, he has a good running style

AustinTXHorn
4/9/2005, 09:30 PM
Looks like Goodson committed to A&M this weekend.

jreed13
4/10/2005, 01:06 AM
That would be a waste...

GDC
4/10/2005, 09:16 AM
Demarco Murray was at the scrimmage yesterday.

Spring Football
By GUERIN EMIG, JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writers
4/10/2005

View in Print (PDF) Format

Under the weather: Before Saturday's scrimmage, Kejuan Jones would just as soon forget his final Oklahoma spring practice.

The senior running back from Jenks had a root canal two weeks ago. Then he got sick from the medicine. Then his allergies kicked in.

"I was sick for about a week and a half," Jones said.

It was enough of an absence to push Jacob Gutierrez and Donta Hickson into the first-team backfield with Jones by Saturday.

"I had a good night's sleep and I came out ready to play," Jones said. "I'm back to 100 percent."

Jones gained 70 yards on nine carries and another 44 on a pair of receptions. He ripped off an 18-yard run to set up his own 5-yard touchdown scamper on the day's first drive. He started right and turned left for a 34-yard pickup three series later. He took a shotgun handoff and zipped up the middle for a third-down gain of 21. And he raced 42 yards with a perfectly-executed screen pass to set up a field goal.

Gutierrez and Hickson combined for 46 yards on 23 carries.

Clint comes on: OU's first-team linebackers were very active for a second straight scrimmage, combining to make 25 tackles, two interceptions and two pass breakups.

As well as Rufus Alexander and Zach Latimer played, strongsider Clint Ingram was the trio's standout.

His first series, Ingram deflected a pass that Rhett Bomar had ticketed for open tight end Joe Jon Finley in the end zone. His second, Ingram dropped into coverage and made an easy interception of Tommy Grady's pass. This was moments after Ingram dropped and nearly intercepted an out pass intended for Quentin Chaney.

Ingram ended his third series with tight coverage on tight end Bubba Moses, resulting in a third-down incompletion. A few minutes later, he read a Travis Wilson reverse and stopped the play for a loss of two yards.

"After being (on the strong side) for a year and knowing what I've got to do and what type of situations I'm in, I'm more patient," Ingram said.

Progress report: Outside of his quarterbacks' four interceptions, Sooner coach Bob Stoops appreciated Saturday's scrimmage much more than the previous one.

"It was cleaner in terms of penalties, fumbles, snaps and those kinds of things," he said.

With four-year starter Vince Carter having moved on, center snaps had become an adventure. Saturday, however, left guard Chris Bush and center Kelvin Chaisson switched places. Bush has had more experience over the ball and it showed. Both he and second-teamer J.D. Quinn were much more accurate in shotgun situations.

OU's only struggles came during Garrett Hartley's field goal sequence. Four attempts were botched either by low snaps from center Jacob Rice or mishandled holds from Cody Freeby.

Guest of honor: Last week, highly-touted high school defensive back Myron Rolle drew a lot of sideline attention during his recruiting visit. Saturday, it was DeMarco Murray's turn.

The Las Vegas Bishop Gorman running back, who's on many college wish lists heading into his senior year, was glad-handed by several OU coaches after the scrimmage. A potential difference-maker: The Sooners signed Bishop Gorman linebacker Ryan Reynolds last recruiting season.

Q&A
With Junior defensive end Larry Birdine

Oklahoma defensive end Larry Birdine, a junior-to-be from Lawton, made himself famous a month before the Orange Bowl by calling USC a 1 1/2-man team and saying Trojan QB Matt Leinart was overrated. No such bombshells from Birdine during a lighthearted Q&A following OU's scrimmage Saturday.

Q: What was the last good movie you saw at a theater?

A: The last good movie I saw? I'm a movie critic. I'm going to have to say "White Chicks."

Q: When was the last time you were afraid in a movie theater?

A: Hmm. "From Hell." That Jack the Ripper movie.

Q: OK, when's the last time you were scared outside a movie theater?

A: I'd have to say about 2 1/2 months ago. Man, people were acting real crazy. They were shooting at a party. It was crazy.

Q: And did you hang around?

A: No! No, I was gone. I was not playing. Them bullets be hot.

Q: If you were not a football player, what would you be doing today?

A: A broadcaster. Because I've got a good personality. I'd be a radio personality or something like tfvhat."

Q: What's the best meal you've ever eaten?

A: I like spaghetti and cornbread.

Q: OK, that's your favorite food. But can you say, "That was the best meal I ever had"?

A: Yes. Really. I look forward to that.

John E. Hoover 581-8384
[email protected]

CarolinaOUfan28
4/10/2005, 01:38 PM
He reminds me of Dickerson/Chris Brown alot. Judging by the last highlight, it looks like hes got some good hands too.

jreed13
4/10/2005, 01:43 PM
Player -School -Yds -Att -Avg -Tds
Michael Goodson Klein Collins 1152 101 11.4 14

that is from last year.

Johnny5
4/11/2005, 09:26 PM
He is not commited to A&M ATH. He said he liked the visit a lot and the aggy recruiting gurus took that as a commit. I think they probably lead for his services but he is far from commiting.

AustinTXHorn
4/12/2005, 05:50 PM
Oops. Damn Aggy.

Big 12th Man
4/13/2005, 06:27 PM
He will be an Aggie. :texan:

LSUdeek
4/18/2005, 10:52 AM
LSU already has a teammate of his verballed, Matt Allen.

http://lsu.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=36195

Since LSU is on Goodsons list, I believe MA will be doing some hardcore recruiting until 2/06 ;)

Big 12th Man
4/20/2005, 05:40 PM
Matt Allen was a good pickup. I wish we had offered him, but I haven't heard where it will change the dynamic of the Goodson race too much. It is interesting that he visited LSU with Allen rather than go to the OU spring game. :texan:

OU-HSV
5/15/2005, 10:04 PM
Wow..I just got high speed internet and got to see the footage on the Goodson kid..he is one hell of an athlete. He reminds me of AD because of how fast he hits the holes.

snp
5/17/2005, 11:41 AM
I know it's early and he's a highschool kid, but we're in the top 3 for him at the moment.

OU, A&M, and USC. With LSU and Miami his next favorites.

OU-HSV
5/19/2005, 05:34 PM
Damn I hope we get him though..he could redshirt then play behind AD (or not if AD goes pro after Jr. year) for a season then be a stud.

snp
6/5/2005, 07:16 PM
If posting articles from scout is outlawed, I'll remove it. I've never seen anything otherwise. Anyways, there's only about 1 person viewing this forum unless it's March 31st.

Update:

Texas running back Michael Goodson (6-0, 185, 4.5) spent Wednesday and Thursday unofficially visiting the USC campus with his father. A trip to Oklahoma looms next weekend which should give the elite speedster all the information he needs to make an early commitment.

Amazing running back Michael Goodson (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1749819) (6-0, 185, 4.5) spent Wednesday and Thursday unofficially visiting the USC (http://usc.scout.com/) campus with is father.

The youngster from Klein Collins High School in Klein, Texas, said, "I told USC coach (Todd) McNair (running backs) that I thought I would go there. I told him it would be really hard for any school to compete with my visit there--but I did not commit to USC. I just liked being in L.A. It's a great atmosphere and they are the national champs, two years in a row. They showed me a lot of love. It's a real family atmosphere there.

"So far, I have visited all the schools in Texas, as well as LSU (http://louisianastate.scout.com/) and I'm going to Oklahoma (http://oklahoma.scout.com/) next weekend. I've never been to the state of Oklahoma before, but Oklahoma is a great program and it's closer to home than USC. I'm going to decide where I'm going to go next weekend. I'll just have to see it when I get there.

"They've brought in Adrian Peterson (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1434334) last year and he played right away and had a great year, so obviously they are doing nothing wrong," said Goodson, a very polite young man.

"Right now, I'd say USC leads Texas A&M (http://tamu.scout.com/), which would be #2, then LSU at #3 and Oklahoma. Coach McNair from USC is just one of the coolest coaches I have ever met. He has a great relationship with the players he coaches. All the players I spoke with on my trip really like him. Nobody had any bad things to say about him. Reggie Bush (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1416828) said that I wouldn’t find a better running back coach and that McNair really knows the game because he played in the NFL. He gets results.

"I've been a big fan of Reggie Bush. We have the same type of running style, I think. I'm a little bigger than he is, but we both have good hands and great speed. We didn't talk about when he would leave USC. If he stays two more years, that's okay too. There will be competition wherever I go.

"The USC coaches told me I could play early as a freshman and that's what I was looking for," he said. "All schools say that to me, but all schools don't have two national championships in a row. "And I really liked coach (Pete) Carroll too. He is just not like most head coaches. He's always really mixing and blending with everyone. "I want to commit now so I can concentrate on my senior year and not have to deal with all the hassle. My dad doesn't have any preference about what I do, but he'll be helping me with my decision."

-----------------------------------------------------------

I really hope we can sway this kid. I'd hate to see USC stealing someone from Texas from us. And they're going to be loaded anyways.

Big 12th Man
6/12/2005, 03:13 PM
Stealing him from y'all????? :texan:

LSUdeek
6/12/2005, 05:55 PM
Evidently Goodson is a good friend of Tack Minor, LSU PG.

Michael Goodson, #6 ranked RB... says he will announce his committment next week after he visits LSU

"Tack and I are real close and he always tries to get me to come to LSU," Goodson said with a chuckle. "He would tell me how good of a football team that they have down there, and how cool the players are. He also tells me about the pretty girls they have at LSU, and that's definitely a plus."

Half a Hundred
6/12/2005, 10:28 PM
My money is on USC... a co-worker of mine who also goes to Klein Collins and had a class with him (hey, I'm still in college, it's a summer job) said that he was mostly interested in either them or Miami. Take that for what you will.

caphorns
6/13/2005, 06:19 PM
My money is on USC as well, unless geography comes into play - in which case, he's headed to aggieland. Too bad we can't have him, but we are pretty stacked at the position (Moody, McGee, Charles, Taylor). You guys could use him so AD wouldn't have to shoulder the entire load. Who else do you have coming in? I can't remember if you had any feature backs commit last year.

LSUdeek
6/14/2005, 11:40 AM
My money is on USC as well, unless geography comes into play - in which case, he's headed to aggieland. Too bad we can't have him, but we are pretty stacked at the position (Moody, McGee, Charles, Taylor). You guys could use him so AD wouldn't have to shoulder the entire load. Who else do you have coming in? I can't remember if you had any feature backs commit last year.

Let's not forget about the #4 RB, Charles Scott, from Jonesboro, LA who has USC and LSU tied. If Goodson goes to USC I think we'll pick up Scott. If not, I think we might be in trouble :)

http://lsu.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=36267

snp
6/14/2005, 11:51 AM
He's in Norman today. We better impress him, or he's heading to USC.

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/14/2005, 12:04 PM
Let's be honest with eachother here. The ONLY thing Norman has on USC is being closer to home and maybe the chance to play early.

I love OU and everything about it, but if I were a badass RB from say .....Texas or anywhere else besides Oklahoma I would definitly go to some fair weather place like Florida or So Cal where there are hot ladies everywhere. OU is getting a reputation I think for individual awards so take that for what it's worth.

Half a Hundred
6/14/2005, 01:01 PM
Let's be honest with eachother here. The ONLY thing Norman has on USC is being closer to home and maybe the chance to play early.

I love OU and everything about it, but if I were a badass RB from say .....Texas or anywhere else besides Oklahoma I would definitly go to some fair weather place like Florida or So Cal where there are hot ladies everywhere. OU is getting a reputation I think for individual awards so take that for what it's worth.

From what I heard, that is Goodson's rationale precisely.

BillyBall
7/10/2005, 08:25 AM
He has narrowed his list to 3. USC, AtM, and OSU. He will make his decision today and is expected to sign with USC.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/10/2005, 09:37 AM
**** on 'em

snp
7/10/2005, 04:59 PM
We're not out of it yet.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/11/2005, 12:00 AM
*******BREAKING NEWS******* Goodson to be a AGGOT !!!!!

:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

O well, his team will win about 3 games while he is there

TopDawg
7/11/2005, 11:35 PM
It appears as if Gundy is bringing back the recruiting tactics used by OSU when he was a player.

In other words:

http://weather.wkowtv.com/images/cash.jpg

caphorns
7/12/2005, 10:34 AM
Every year there's always 1 outstanding recruit that makes this bad decision (chosing some form of aggie over a real team). 1 and sometimes 2, but never 3. The nice thing is that these guys spread their bad decisions around so that all of the aggie teams can be moderately respectable (read: improves our SOS), but never great. I view Goodson to OSU as good news for OU and UT's SOS and nothing more.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/12/2005, 11:44 AM
They might have promised him a starting job as a true frosh

As where OU, USC would not have.

TopDawg
7/12/2005, 01:25 PM
Every year there's always 1 outstanding recruit that makes this bad decision (chosing some form of aggie over a real team). 1 and sometimes 2, but never 3. The nice thing is that these guys spread their bad decisions around so that all of the aggie teams can be moderately respectable (read: improves our SOS), but never great. I view Goodson to OSU as good news for OU and UT's SOS and nothing more.

This cracks me up.

Harry Beanbag
7/12/2005, 03:34 PM
They might have promised him a starting job as a true frosh

As where OU, USC would not have.

He also mentioned that OSU had the best facilities of all the schools he visited (OU, USC, A&M, LSU). I guess they were also passing around the bong on his trip to Stoolwater.

caphorns
7/13/2005, 10:11 AM
He also mentioned that OSU had the best facilities of all the schools he visited (OU, USC, A&M, LSU). I guess they were also passing around the bong on his trip to Stoolwater.

OSU probably has toilets with manual flushing levers. Michael's just not a big fan of the auto flush.

TopDawg
7/13/2005, 02:33 PM
OSU probably has toilets

Nope.

OU-HSV
7/13/2005, 10:40 PM
Hope he likes Fu**ing farm animals

LSUdeek
7/14/2005, 05:14 PM

Hope that **** was good, Michael!

Harry Beanbag
7/14/2005, 05:54 PM
Hope that sheep was good, Michael!

:D

AustinTXHorn
7/23/2005, 12:29 PM
He will be an Aggie. :texan:
Technically, he was right.

LSUdeek
7/28/2005, 11:10 AM
Well, I officially don't care about this loss because we got the #7 and #18 RB committments at LSU's camp yesterday, from Charles Scott and Richard Murphy.

I would expect OU to step up its recruiting of Chris Brown and Mon Williams, of Alexandria, LA and Mesquite, TX. respectively.

I don't expect LSU to go after any more RB's with these committments, so that should remove LSU from the list of any other uncommitted backs.

BillyBall
7/28/2005, 11:37 AM
It's all about Demarco Murray from Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas.... Teammate of Ryan Reynolds in HS and has narrowed his favorites to OU, Fla., and the Caines. The only 5 star RB according to Rivals and he LOVED Norman when he visited.

snp
7/28/2005, 12:24 PM
We're still in the running for several other top RB's. Us, Florida, Michigan, Tennesse, and USC seem to be competing for several of them.

I'm not worried, we'll land at least one of the four remaining 5 stars

jreed13
9/1/2005, 09:09 PM
Talked with a friend of mine who is friends with Goodson and he chose aggie because the coaches told him "as soon as you get here you will start".

jreed13
9/2/2005, 08:59 PM
From what I hear Goodson has an ankle sprain and will be out for about 4 weeks. That being said, go KO :D