PDA

View Full Version : Post something nice about your child

MiccoMacey
3/10/2005, 03:31 PM
Miccomacey the Younger is 21 months old, and can count to ten (most of the time).

She also constantly says "Please" and "Thank You", even if it's not called for (she just likes saying those words, I guess).

She is without a doubt the most beautiful child ever, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Her mom agrees with me.

If you do not have children, post something about your nephew/neice/neighbor. Or tell us what makes you a great person (even Dean has a good quality if you look hard enough for it :D).

C&CDean
3/10/2005, 03:32 PM
My kids ain't gay.

imjebus
3/10/2005, 03:34 PM
Miccomacey the Younger is 21 months old, and can count to ten (most of the time).

She also constantly says "Please" and "Thank You", even if it's not called for (she just likes saying those words, I guess).

She is without a doubt the most beautiful child ever, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Her mom agrees with me.

If you do not have children, post something about your nephew/neice/neighbor. Or tell us what makes you a great person (even Dean has a good quality if you look hard enough for it :D).

My 4 yr old boy is a really good with his 2 yr old brother. He helps him pick up his toys and try's to teach him things. Always telling him "your doing really good" very supportive.

Sooner_Bob
3/10/2005, 03:35 PM
Our oldest has read almost 500 books since the start of school, won an integrity award her first week of school, and is just an all-around great girl and big sister.

Our youngest is 3 and is really coming into her own and developing a great personality. She's very social and loves to be around other kids.

They both use their manners and usually act pretty decent, after all they are kids. :D

proud gonzo
3/10/2005, 03:35 PM
I don't have one and it's awesome. I don't think i have nephews or neices either (because i'm pretty sure GHP doesn't have any kids)

TopDaugIn2000
3/10/2005, 03:36 PM
best thing ever------they don't exist.

Howzit
3/10/2005, 03:37 PM
Mine thinks uncle DC should consider professional counseling.

OklahomaTrombone
3/10/2005, 03:38 PM
They are in my nutsack?

HoserSooner
3/10/2005, 03:40 PM
Both of my girls have had a rough go over the past few weeks.

First my 11-year-old broke her arm, and had to sit in the trauma room for 3 hours while they got around to setting the bone. Didn't squak or complain about the pain.

Yesterday, my 8-year-old had her tonsils and adenoids out, and she is currently in a haze due to the Tylenol with codine that she is taking a hit once every four hours.

I've spent far too much time in the hospital lately. :mad:

Both do very well in school, and are about as polite as I can ask for.

crawfish
3/10/2005, 03:43 PM
My oldest is as smart as they come, dedicated to his schoolwork, and an all-around good kid.

My middle is very artistic, creative, and one of the kindest and most responsible kids you'll meet (but don't make him mad)

My youngest - he's somewhat of a math prodigy and is well-liked by all his classmates.

And they're the best-looking trio of young men alive. :)

DCSooner
3/10/2005, 03:45 PM
Mine thinks uncle DC should consider professional counseling.
Was it the fried chicken dance?

Beef
3/10/2005, 03:45 PM
Mine thinks uncle DC should consider professional counseling and stay at least 5000 ft. away.
Smart kid.

DCSooner
3/10/2005, 03:46 PM
My daughter cracks me up. Even when I am extremely pissed at her.

saucysoonergal
3/10/2005, 03:46 PM
1st child is exceedingly bright and well behaved
2nd child is the sweetest child I have ever seen.
3rd child is 2 and knows his colors and can spot the OU "paperclip" a mile away.

C&CDean
3/10/2005, 03:49 PM
You freaking people lie.

Your kids are the little pissants running amok through the grocery store, bugging everybody at the restaraunt, and sassing back at you. Don't even try to deny it.

DCSooner
3/10/2005, 03:50 PM
I beat my daughter just good enough so she doesn't do that crap.

(well I threaten)

saucysoonergal
3/10/2005, 03:50 PM
You freaking people lie.

Your kids are the little pissants running amok through the grocery store, bugging everybody at the restaraunt, and sassing back at you. Don't even try to deny it.

This is all true but I said something nice about each of my kids, that was the rules.

Sooner_Bob
3/10/2005, 03:52 PM
You freaking people lie.

Luckily that's where you're wrong in my case. My girls know how far to push and what happens when they act up and push to far.

Ain't no "sparing the rod" stuff around my house.

GrapevineSooner
3/10/2005, 03:57 PM
Let's see...

My two-year old knows her full name, says 'please', 'thank you', and 'bless you' if you sneeze.

...And she can identify most of the characters on Dora the Explorer and Blue's Clues.

Veritas
3/10/2005, 03:59 PM
Luckily that's where you're wrong in my case. My girls know how far to push and what happens when they act up and push to far.

Ain't no "sparing the rod" stuff around my house.
That's a big deal. People aren't doing their children any favors when they let them run amok without a spanking. My parents were frequently complimented because my sisters and I were so well behaved, and the reason we were well behaved is because we knew that if we didn't when we got home we would "go get the stick."

Czar Soonerov
3/10/2005, 04:00 PM
My son likes to do google image searches for OU stuff. After I put his sister to bed the other night, I came downstairs and he was lookinig a pictures of giraffes on some zoo website that he had googled.

My daughter tells everyone she sees that "mommy hit horse".

C&CDean
3/10/2005, 04:02 PM
Dude, that one is like a big, fat slow hanging curve. I am just too nice a person to hit it outta the park. I'm sure one of the minions here will be happy to though.

Czar's post, not yours Jim.

3/10/2005, 04:03 PM
The girl, 7, knows her multiplication tables better than I do.

The boy, 2, can repeat everything he hears. Of course, you can't understand most of it, but he's tryin'.

My kids are a close 2nd to Micco's in the looks department.

Norm In Norman
3/10/2005, 04:06 PM
When his mom is sick, the boy helps me do all of the chores and never complains. "Daddy, I'll help you do all the little things that I can do." Last weekend he was folding clothes, feeding the animals, and doing all kinds of stuff like that. Pretty good for a 4 year old.

Also, he remembers about everything ever. "This is the shirt that we got with grandma that day it was raining." "Can i take this book to Boarder's like I did last time?" How does he remember all of this insignificant stuff?

RedRum
3/10/2005, 04:07 PM
My daughter pointed to a picture of me the other day and said "Dada". She's only 1, so it was nice to know that when she says "DADADADADADADADA" its not just noise, but a reference to me. She did the same thing to my hat. Cool stuff when language starts to click in those little minds.

FaninAma
3/10/2005, 04:08 PM
My kids are smarter, better looking, kinder,more creative, more artistic, more outgoing, better dressers, funnier, and less flatulent than I am.

Kelsey, my oldest, has won the science award in her class of 500 for the last 3 years.

Jenny, my middle, plays 3 musical instruments and is 2nd chair in the sax out of 25 total saxaphone players.

Collin, my youngest, wants to be Jason 'Wyatt"(ie. White) when he grows up.

C&CDean
3/10/2005, 04:09 PM
Don't even get your pop started on his grandbaby Bryan. Apple o' his eye.

IB4OU2
3/10/2005, 04:10 PM
Both my daughters got their mothers looks.........and for that everyone is greatfull.

Youngest is a concert cellist, 2 years from completing her teaching degree.

Oldest is an artist, 1 year form completing her degree, then moving on to her graduate studies.

soonerscuba
My child can get the car to the WIC office, when daddy is too drunk to drive. We are quite the team.

C&CDean
My kids are smarter, better looking, kinder,more creative, more artistic, more outgoing, better dressers, funnier, and less flatulent than I am.

I'm calling BS. Jenny farted us outta the kitchen last weekend.

RedRum
Don't even get your pop started on his grandbaby Bryan. Apple o' his eye.

yeah, now i'm #2.

C&CDean
3/10/2005, 04:11 PM
yeah, now i'm #2.

Dude, you've ALWAYS been number 2. Even though you're an only child. :D

Soonrboy
3/10/2005, 04:12 PM
My boy is wonderfully talented in math and is picking up the cello with ease.

My daughter can make friends with a bear. Her social calendar is busier than mine ever was.

You look at them the wrong way and they are in tears, so they are pretty easy to discipline.

RedRum
3/10/2005, 04:12 PM
:) lol

booomer
3/10/2005, 04:13 PM
My oldest is newly married and making one fine husband and provider.
My 16 year old is very athletic & religious. He treats everyone like they matter.
My 13 year old is part of the gifted and talented at his school and his thought process sometimes bowls me over.
My 9 year old is a sweetheart and he loves me more than I could have ever imagined (the feeling is mutual BTW) :)

FaninAma
3/10/2005, 04:13 PM
I'm calling BS. Jenny farted us outta the kitchen last weekend.

Yeah, she can hang with the best in that area when the ocassion arises. But around strangers she's usually more reserved.

Oldnslo
3/10/2005, 04:21 PM
The Princess is 8. She's as sweet and loving a girl as you'll find. She was reading at age 2 and skipped 1st grade.

The Beautiful Boy is 6. He's a comedian and loves brightening up your day, whoever you are. He has a gift for math and also excells at sports, especially soccer.

I'd choose to be around them even if they weren't my kids. They rawk.

crawfish
3/10/2005, 04:22 PM
You freaking people lie.

My kids are more than willing to fling dinner rolls at Dean's head if they ever see him in a restaraunt.

Scott D
3/10/2005, 04:23 PM
Um....she's accepted me as a father even though genetically I'm not her father.

Norm In Norman
3/10/2005, 04:27 PM
Did I accidently click on the Lifetime Channel again?

C&CDean
3/10/2005, 04:28 PM
My kids are more than willing to fling dinner rolls at Dean's head if they ever see him in a restaraunt.

I KNOW your daddy didn't let you fling dinner rolls around. Man, when your pop gives you that cold stare, the flames of hell flicker. I just got a chill typing that.

FaninAma
3/10/2005, 04:30 PM
You freaking people lie.

That's been known to happen but they get those socially unacceptable traits from their mother and from living in Texas too long.

The 3 year old isn't afraid to tell anyone wearing a UT hat that the longhorns suck.

crawfish
3/10/2005, 04:33 PM
I KNOW your daddy didn't let you fling dinner rolls around. Man, when your pop gives you that cold stare, the flames of hell flicker. I just got a chill typing that.

True dat... :eek:

He's at a lower-pressure job at OU and a 9-time grandpa now. He's so nice, you probably wouldn't recognize him. :D

Jason White's Third Knee
3/10/2005, 04:35 PM
My kid is the second coming of Christ.

C&CDean
3/10/2005, 04:36 PM
True dat... :eek:

He's at a lower-pressure job at OU and a 9-time grandpa now. He's so nice, you probably wouldn't recognize him. :D

9 grandkids? Daaaaang.

Actually, I always kinda liked your pop. You sure knew where you stood with him. I've sat on the airplane with him many times since his departure from here. And yes, he did seem much calmer/nicer.

Stanley1
3/10/2005, 04:38 PM

She's pretty easy on the eyes too. :D

I kid, I kid

Stanley1
3/10/2005, 04:40 PM
I don't have any, thank the Good Lord. I can't imagine having kids right now, just not ready for them. And to think, when my pops was my age, I was 5 years old. Dang.

MiccoMacey
3/10/2005, 04:48 PM
My kids ain't gay.

How come I get this vision of somewhere out in California, a gay man is going "My kids ain't Dean". :D

SactoSooner
3/10/2005, 06:31 PM
My oldest waited until she was 21 to have her first drink, and still has never had more than two in one sitting. She has a heart of gold.

My youngest is a rockin' baseball player and always knows how to make me laugh.

Mjcpr
3/10/2005, 06:33 PM
My oldest waited until she was 21 to have her first drink, and still has never had more than two in one sitting. Boy, don't I know that feeling. Seems like I'm going after every couple of beers.

;)

Bama/OU
3/10/2005, 07:06 PM
My kids:

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/4991/ck5yy.jpg

Enough said.

:D

sooneron
3/10/2005, 07:12 PM
Mine used to really like hooking up with skirt and drinking quarts of Johnnie Walker Black!

Oh, that's my inner child.

no kids here, yet

sooneron
3/10/2005, 07:14 PM
My kids:

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/4991/ck5yy.jpg

Enough said.

cute kids, but surely you have a pic of them that's not going to haunt my subconscious for the rest of the night! The look in the boy's eyes... whew

Bama/OU
3/10/2005, 09:38 PM
cute kids, but surely you have a pic of them that's not going to haunt my subconscious for the rest of the night! The look in the boy's eyes... whew

LOL...That look is most likely from thinking "My freaking sister needs to back off."

:)

Scott D
3/10/2005, 09:43 PM
I am going to announce right now, there will be no family trips to Dallas so long as the girl is unmarried, or Stanley is locked away..whichever comes first :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/10/2005, 09:50 PM
No kids of my own but a little about my brother's kids:

The oldest is 15. She is in honor's classes and has made one B her whole life, the rest are A's. She has the opportunity to apply at the Oklahoma School of Science and Math. She wants to study literature at NYU.

The middle is 5. She is going to be an attorney one day, I just know it. Instead of crying when something doesn't go her way, she thinks of plausible arguments that may get what she wants.

The youngest is 4. He can be the sweetest kid when he wants to be. Ask him for a hug and he will drop whatever he is doing and come give you both a hug and a kiss.

SoonerInKCMO
3/10/2005, 10:00 PM
Ooh! Ok, I got one...

My cousin's kid is two and knows all the correct names for any kind of truck you want to show him. He got a Tonka dining ware set for Christmas -all the time he was there he would be shouting out "FRONT-END LOADER" or "DIRT GRADER" when looking at the pictures on the bowl or plate.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/10/2005, 10:05 PM
Um hello, those are tractors. I know. My nephew told me.

SoonerInKCMO
3/10/2005, 10:11 PM
Uh yeah... so your 4 or 5 year-old nephew knew something that my 2 year old cousin knew.

My family is SO superior. ;)

Stanley1
3/10/2005, 10:44 PM
I am going to announce right now, there will be no family trips to Dallas so long as the girl is unmarried, or Stanley is locked away..whichever comes first :D

Heh.....I'm harmless. Ask Howzit and DC. ;)

Top of the my kid can whoop your honor student page.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/10/2005, 10:48 PM
Oh! My niece and nephew won't ride in my mom's car unless the Pride cd is playing. Emily knows all the words to the OU Chant.

Kimberlyz4OU
3/10/2005, 10:58 PM
My oldest is working his way through college and making B's and C's and an a few A's, he's 20 yrs. old and has taken two drinks (both with his mom) :P

My youngest is the most huggable 15 yr old evar, don't know to many kids that age that still blow kisses at their mom EVERY time he gets out of the car. AND he is one heck of a baseball catcher.

Scott D
3/10/2005, 11:04 PM
Heh.....I'm harmless. Ask Howzit and DC. ;)

Top of the my kid can whoop your honor student page.

That's like asking a couple of crippled wolves roaming in a sheep filled pasture if they were ever part of a pack :D

SactoSooner
3/10/2005, 11:19 PM
Best thing my daughter ever did was suggest one day that I find an mp3 of "Texas Bites." That search led me here, and life has never been the same. :D

And I still haven't found that mp3...only one I knew of dispadeered when a student graduated.

OUthunder
3/10/2005, 11:34 PM
My kids are the smartest and best looking in the entire world!

WA. Sooner
3/10/2005, 11:41 PM
<---------- My 2 year old son will find some of my OU hats and put them on my head. All at once

PhxSooner
3/11/2005, 01:55 AM
My son is 5 1/2 and loves to sit in my lap to watch cartoons. I melt every time. He will also tell anyone that "we hate Texas". :D

My daughter is almost two and has the cutest laugh ever. She also appears to have a crush on Steve from Blue's Clues.

Both are so different (boy is quiet, girl is giggly loud) and both have made me happier than I ever thought I could be.

Soonerchaz
3/11/2005, 02:39 AM
Our daughter is 22 months and is wicked smart. Her first word was "book" for crying out loud...at 9 months. She knows about 30-40 "babysigns"...can count to 20 in English...10 in Spanish and knows about 5 Korean words (she's Korean).

She's a little heartbreaker.

SoonerObsession
3/11/2005, 09:23 AM
I have twin 3 year old boys. Let me tell ya, having twins is rough at first when they are babies, but when they get older they are much easier than singles. They play together all the time! It's so cool. Many times it will get real quiet in their room and my wife and I will get suspicious. Nearly everytime they get quiet, it's because they are sitting in the middle of the floor with a book they are sharing together. There have been a few times we've gone in their room to find the biggest mess you've ever seen, but most of the time it's because they are looking at books. I'm also proud of my boys becuase they always like to say their prayers. Listening to your 3 year old say a prayer is very cool! They are best friends and sometimes that can be a problem at Sunday school when they won't let anyone else sit between them. They always sit still during the sermon and are very quiet when they are supposed to be. I love my boys more than anything!

critical_phil
3/11/2005, 09:36 AM
boy - 18

boy - 16

girl - 15. smart, beautiful, talented. high school cheerleader. model. straight a's. very spiritual and giving.

girl - 14. math nerd, bookworm, genius. plays every instument in the house (and that's a lot)

girl - 10. on top of being super talented (national modeling pageant winner, national individual cheer stunt champ), she's nothing less than an angel.

C&CDean
3/11/2005, 09:59 AM
So, the boys are in prison, right Phil?

critical_phil
3/11/2005, 10:05 AM

something nice????

i'm still thinking. i was gonna come back and edit it......

C&CDean
3/11/2005, 10:13 AM
something nice????

i'm still thinking. i was gonna come back and edit it......

Yeah, it's pretty hard to come up with something nice about an 18 and 16 year old boy. Only mommas can see the microdot of good they have at that age. My boys are 23, 21, 18, 14, and 12. And like I said, they ain't gay.

Wait, I've got something else good about them. They'll eat ANYTHING. Fish, game, brussells sprouts, cabbage, bok choy, peas, carrots, tomatoes, brocolli, cauliflower, beets, squash. I mean ANYTHING.

Of course I never tolerated pickiness when they were little. We made them eat the smashed carrots, beets, and peas before they were allowed to have the smashed bananas or pudding. But that would just be a commentary on my parenting skills, and this ain't about me, it's about the kids......

And they're all healthy. There's another good thing.

Boarder
3/11/2005, 10:15 AM
My 18 month old can snowboard.

And, when you say, "DOH!" he puts his hand on his head like Homer.

Mjcpr
3/11/2005, 10:28 AM
My 18 month old can snowboard.

And, when you say, "DOH!" he puts his hand on his head like Homer.
Yeah, we're pretty tired of hearing it from you too.

;)

VeeJay
3/11/2005, 10:44 AM
Question:

My 5 year old's first sounds were "da da." Mrs. VJ said "you know, she's saying your name." I thought, "yeah, right. It's baby sounds"

But, the "da da"s kept coming until she just started calling me "daddy." I never tried to tell her I was "daddy." It's like she just knew.

Is this some innate thing kids are born with? I dunno, just asking.

Boarder
3/11/2005, 10:48 AM
My 18 month old can tell when people from Tulsa are chicks pretending to be men. But, then again, who can't?

My Opinion Matters
3/11/2005, 10:49 AM
My oldest is as smart as they come, dedicated to his schoolwork, and an all-around good kid.

My middle is very artistic, creative, and one of the kindest and most responsible kids you'll meet (but don't make him mad)

My youngest - he's somewhat of a math prodigy and is well-liked by all his classmates.

And they're the best-looking trio of young men alive. :)

So who's the father?

I kid, I kid.

Mjcpr
3/11/2005, 10:50 AM
My 18 month old can tell when people from Tulsa are chicks pretending to be men. But, then again, who can't?
That's a very specific skill set he/she has picked up at such a young age.

My Opinion Matters
3/11/2005, 10:56 AM
I have a 13-month old. She's huge. Almost the size of her mother. And she craps her pants less.

My Opinion Matters
3/11/2005, 10:57 AM
I'm so dead if she sees this.

jk the sooner fan
3/11/2005, 10:57 AM
my youngest is a freshman at PC North - he signed up for his classes next year and is taking latin 1, honors chem, honors algebra II, honors english and football......and he's an A student, nicest kid you'll ever meet

my oldest is going thru those "becoming a man" pains that we've all experienced in our younger days.....he's posesses a wicked sense of humor and charming personality and will likley be a teacher/coach one day ....he's a walking sports encyclopedia

jk the sooner fan
3/11/2005, 10:58 AM
I have a 13-month old. She's huge. Almost the size of her mother. And she craps her pants less.

lets memorialize it before you erase it in case she ever comes back to the board :)

funny though...made me laugh

Fugue
3/11/2005, 11:06 AM
my 7 year old talked scoreboard smack to a 4th grader with ut gear on. Then when the annoyed 4th grader began to chase him, said 7 year old out ran him adding clarrett type insult to aforementioned smack. heh.

4 year old recently had his first black eye. For the next week, all the trains in the Tommy Choo Choo coloring book had matching black eyes.

SoonerInKCMO
3/11/2005, 11:18 AM
If I ever have kids they are going to be the smartest, best-looking, most athletic kids you've ever seen. They'll make millions playing professional sports and win Nobel prizes in the off-season.

critical_phil
3/11/2005, 11:34 AM
my oldest is going thru those "becoming a man" pains

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34857

homerSimpsonsBrain
3/11/2005, 11:34 AM

That probably says as much about you as it does her Scott... :)

GDC
3/11/2005, 11:36 AM
The best thing about my kids is that I have none.

critical_phil
3/11/2005, 11:36 AM

boy, 18 - not in prison, not gay.

boy, 16 - not in prison, not gay.

i'm having a conflict of wills w/ the 16 yo right now.

he's outside picking chickweeds right now (moore schools are out today).

Cam
3/13/2005, 10:39 AM
My kids love me.

SactoSooner
3/13/2005, 10:53 AM
he's posesses a wicked sense of humor and charming personality and will likley be a teacher/coach one day

Here's to raising boys who will likely be a teacher/coach one day. Cheers!

My son is majoring in education, and would make an awesome social sciences or phys ed teacher/baseball coach.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/13/2005, 12:40 PM
my youngest is a freshman at PC North - he signed up for his classes next year and is taking latin 1, honors chem, honors algebra II, honors english and football......and he's an A student, nicest kid you'll ever meet

If my freshman niece and her boyfriend break up, I'll have to introduce her to JKIII at a tailgate next year. She's also making straight As in the honors classes.

Howzit
3/13/2005, 01:13 PM
My daughter works incredibly hard at gymnastics. She doesn't have the physical gifts that a "natural" gymnast has and has to claw and fight for every new skill. I admire her a great deal for this.

MiccoMacey
1/22/2007, 08:18 PM
Update:

MiccoMacey The Younger is 3.5, and talks like she's 13.5. She loves to love her baby sister, and is STILL one half of the cutest girl tandem in the known world.

MiccoMacey The Youngest is 1.5, can make barnyard sounds like a champ, and may be the most physically gifted child ever. And she's the other half of the cutest girl tandem in the world.

Oh, and Dean's kid still ain't gay. :D

proud gonzo
1/22/2007, 09:22 PM
same as before--I still don't have any kids and that's a very good thing.

SoonerInKCMO
1/22/2007, 09:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I still don't have any kids. The only wimmins I've been with since this thread started were either post-menopausal or on the pill.

I hope.

Melo
1/22/2007, 10:09 PM
I dont have kids. I DO however have an awesome younger brother. Just turned 16, got his drivers liscense, etc etc. Today, after picking him up from Orchestra practice, I taught him the proper way on how NOT to drive. :D :D :D He's very random, and smarter than me, in some areas. He's also turned out to be a little child prodigy on Saxophone, for which I am EXTREMELY proud of. However, I can still make him cry, and I still have that same power I did for all of his life to figure out exactly what ****es him the f**k off, and do it... and **** him off. I love being a big seester.

MamaMia
1/22/2007, 10:53 PM
My children blessed me with grandchildren who make my heart smile. :)

Tailwind
1/22/2007, 11:31 PM
Mom, have you ever considered writing for Hallmark? ;)

Jerk
1/22/2007, 11:34 PM
I don't have any kids...er...not that I know of, anyway.

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/23/2007, 10:02 AM
Since I ain't got no chirren..

My neice is 15 and goes to a private math/science school and is already getting scholarship offers. She's already planning on a career in marine biology. I talk to her often even though her parent have divorced and I don't get to see her as much anymore. She is an awesome young person with a very good head on her shoulders.

I'm very proud of her. Very.

BoogercountySooner
1/23/2007, 10:08 AM
I have a 9 year old daughter that snuggles me every night before she goes to bed and she behaves very well.

Osce0la
1/23/2007, 10:12 AM
He's a fat one :D no seriously, the child is huge.

He is a very well behaved child, and has been easier to take care of the past 17 months than most other babies I have seen.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9008/ejsunglasses4rj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SoonerStormchaser
1/23/2007, 10:20 AM
I have one growing in the belly of the four-days-from-being-Mrs. SoonerStormchaser.

Hot Rod
1/23/2007, 10:22 AM
My 5 year old son can name all the starters on the OU football team (last name and jersey number) and a few others as well.

IB4OU2
1/23/2007, 10:39 AM
My youngest is getting her teaching degree in about 3 months and my oldest is graduating in December and then moving on to obtain her graduate degree, she wants to be an art professor eventually. I'm very proud of them both...

olevetonahill
1/23/2007, 10:43 AM
mine are grown and outa the mother****in house . Oh and they aint gay

BeetDigger
1/23/2007, 11:06 AM
The oldest, in 3rd grade, just finished the Potter series, gets straight A's and is again the leading runner in school. And is currently in her 6th year of classic ballet where she is always put front and center.

The younger one, just turned 4, will be reading in another four months and can speak some japanese (due to me teaching him) and spanish (good ole Dora and Diego).

J-Rod12
1/23/2007, 11:08 AM
My first one won't be born until August, so he/she's very small right now.

skycat
1/23/2007, 11:19 AM
My eight month old is quite obviously advanced for his age.

TexasSooner01
1/23/2007, 11:47 AM
9 y/o boy--Very sweet and helpful when he wants to be...makes good grades...usually dosnt give trouble about going to school...talks about going to OU, will tell anyone (no matter how big they are) that OU has 7 NC's and that Texas sucks and he is the best big brother for his 2 y/o brother.

2 y/o boy--knows the colors red, blue, and poo poo orange, loves watching football, loves to play ball--any type of ball, is sweet, loving and gets his feelings hurt easy. he is big for his age too, at his b/day last week we took the tape measure out and measured him...he is 2 foot 9 inches tall and weighs 30 lbs! Definately a Linebacker!

SOONERKAT
1/23/2007, 12:55 PM
My little girl, 6, is not only one of the coolest people I know, but she is a bada$$ on her Softball team, and is sharp as a nail. Much smarter at 6 that I was at, oh I don't know, 18.

My boy is now 1 and is a absolute hoss. 29 inches and pushing 30lbs. He is running all over the house now and is on the verge of talking. I am already working on his inside technique and introducing him to such legends as Tommy, and Dusty.

Love them both more than anything I have ever known.

imjebus
1/23/2007, 01:33 PM
2 boys

6 yr old - smart as hell, very confident started walking at 7 1/2 mths, loves music we had him on drums before he could walk. Just bought him his first guitar this christmas.

3 yr old - very loving kid, loves his brother, always willing to help out, loves music also. He is a natural on the drums he is laying down beats already even though he can't reach the bass pedals. Sings constantly.

BTW your kids just might be gay and not telling you Dean......:P

C&CDean
1/23/2007, 02:56 PM
Trust me, I'm gayer than my kids are.

Update:

25-year old lives in Lexington and working in the oil business doing very well.

23-year old lives in Norman and lacks only the code class and test to become journeyman electrician. Blessed me with a grandson.

20-year old lives in Tucson, works in a video store, and smokes a lot of weed. But he ain't gay.

16-year old lives at home and is a stud athlete at Lexington H.S. He's a junior, and has started football and basketball since Freshman year. He has been all-conference and all-state (2A) in football the past couple years (he plays DB, WR, kick returner, and does all the kicking - never leaves the field), and is the starting point guard on the BB team. Loves going to church, is focused, and a very good kid. Not sure where he picked all that up from (must be his momma).

14-year old has recovered very well from when he got hit by the car (coma for months, many years of therapy, etc.), is in 8th grade, and is a starting forward on the 8th and 9th grade BB teams. No football cause of the head injury. Loves to hunt and fish (I know where he got that from), go to church (his momma again) and is a very good student and person.

Damn, looks like my kids are pretty much perfect.

soonersweetie
1/23/2007, 03:59 PM
here goes--

10 yr old son-
Brilliantly gifted in math (he's in 5th grade but has already completed 5th grade math so they are starting him on 6th)
Loves basketball-even though he's short. Started winter basketball camp last week.
Has a heart of gold and always thinks of his sister before himself
Honor Roll Student
Family is very important to him.

12 yr old daughter-
Brilliantly gifted in math(she's in 6th grade, but taking 7th grade Pre-Algebra)
Total tomboy-loves to play football
Has coached her brother's flag football team and aspires to be the first ever woman NFL head coach.
Plays snare drum in band
Honor Roll Student
Family is the most important thing in the world to her.

We are blessed to have such awesome kids.

sooneron
1/23/2007, 04:03 PM
My child doesn't make a peep. Well, not for another 2.5 months...

BeetDigger
1/23/2007, 04:47 PM
Trust me, I'm gayer than my kids are.

Not to mention most of the board. :texan:

C&CDean
1/23/2007, 05:19 PM
Yeah, most.

JohnnyMack
1/23/2007, 05:20 PM
My kid has his first tooth.

He can also sit up all on his own.

I think he'd take :dean: in a game of Trivial Pursuit too.