PDA

View Full Version : The official "soonerfans gave me spyware" thread

Norm In Norman
2/1/2005, 01:14 PM
If you ever come to this site and it appears that you picked up spyware from an ad or a certain ad consistantly makes your computer slow down, please let us know about it. Give us as much info as possible about the ad (the url, the website it is trying to go to, etc) and if you can rustle up some collaboration on it we have the ability to have the ad removed. Please keep in mind that you may have installed spyware some other way and the symptoms just happen to rear their ugly heads on soonerfans.

Also, please make sure that you update your spyware removal software and scan your computer frequently. This could fix your problems. I will try to come up with some hints on how to keep your computer safe from spyware and post them here.

Norm In Norman
2/1/2005, 01:16 PM
Oh, and this is what tribalfusion has to say about it:

I assure you that none of our ads install spyware or activex controls.

Let's hope they aren't lying to us.

jk the sooner fan
2/8/2005, 07:28 AM
Oh, and this is what tribalfusion has to say about it:

Let's hope they aren't lying to us.

they're lying.....because i can run ad-aware.....and clean it all off, and then only come to sf.com....run it again, and it finds it....always tribalfusion

Norm In Norman
2/9/2005, 02:30 PM
It is probably setting a cookie. That's a bit different. Are you using firefox?

What i do is turn off all cookies and then if I go to a site that really needs cookies I add it to my exceptions list (Tools-Options-Privacy-Cookies-Exceptions).

Norm In Norman
3/31/2005, 03:35 PM
Overreact much?

Penguin
4/3/2005, 06:27 AM
Only when I drink.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/28/2005, 07:38 PM
Everytime I use my parents computer to get onto this site I get a Tribal Fusion "Earn your degree while you work" ad. The URL is "a dot tribalfusion dot com." This is before I log in and is when I use IE.