PDA

View Full Version : Kidney stones

Pages : 1 [2]

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/30/2005, 03:01 PM
Last night I watched the replay of this week's episode of 'Deadwood'. Al had kidney stones and the Doc, Trixie and that big bearded guy helped him pass them.

I wanted to call Jed at home and tell him that I was sorry. That damned show made me hurt all over.

Ow. LittleRedJed is really, really a bastard.

Mjcpr
3/30/2005, 03:02 PM
Last night I watched the replay of this week's episode of 'Deadwood'. Al had kidney stones and the Doc, Trixie and that big bearded guy helped him pass them.
What? How does one go about helping to pass a kidney stone? For some reason, I'm getting the mental image of somebody trying to squeeze out the last drop of toothpaste.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/30/2005, 03:08 PM
What? How does one go about helping to pass a kidney stone? For some reason, I'm getting the mental image of somebody trying to squeeze out the last drop of toothpaste.

Yes.

Trixie 'milked' him.

I hurt just thinking about it. Ow.

IB4OU2
3/30/2005, 03:21 PM

MJCPR just replace this part of the phrase "the last drop of toothpaste" with this "a Goathead".

OUthunder
3/30/2005, 03:23 PM

I wanted to call Jed at home and tell him that I was sorry. That damned show made me hurt all over.

Ow. LittleRedJed is really, really a bastard.

It hurt so bad that I almost gave myself a shot of Novocaine!
:eek:

Mjcpr
3/30/2005, 03:28 PM
Trixie 'milked' him.
Sounds okay so far.

OUthunder
3/30/2005, 03:31 PM
Sounds okay so far.

You obviously haven't seen Trixie. :eek:

BigRedJed
3/30/2005, 03:31 PM
I have nipples, Focker. Can you milk me?

OUthunder
3/30/2005, 03:34 PM
Yes.

Trixie 'milked' him.

I hurt just thinking about it. Ow.

I guess that you could call her the 1st evar milk woman?

Czar Soonerov
3/30/2005, 04:19 PM
http://www.8secondchallenge.com/soonerfans/stone.jpg

STON3D!!!

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/30/2005, 04:20 PM
OMG, dude...

TOTP, pee pee hole milkers!

BigRedJed
3/30/2005, 04:42 PM

STON3D!!!
Heh.

Ow.

BigRedJed
12/6/2005, 02:58 PM
Update: I'm getting a CT scat this afternoon to see if the remaining stones are any bigger, or if they have shifted. I have been experiencing some familiar back pain lately... :eek:

IB4OU2
12/6/2005, 03:07 PM
Update: I'm getting a CT scat this afternoon to see if the remaining stones are any bigger, or if they have shifted. I have been experiencing some familiar back pain lately... :eek:

Oh boy, just in time for the holidays. Good Luck!

Czar Soonerov
12/6/2005, 03:17 PM
I totally know what you are going through. I got a rock stuck in my shoe once. Man, did it hurt. Get well soon!

soonerbrat
12/6/2005, 03:25 PM
hmmm..have you been drinking enough water?

didn't think so

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/6/2005, 03:27 PM
It isn't my fault this time. Jed's been avoiding me since Kansas City.

Viking Kitten
12/6/2005, 04:03 PM
I totally know what you are going through. I got a rock stuck in my shoe once. Man, did it hurt. Get well soon!

OMG. I love my husband.

But tell 'em where you stole it from honey. (http://www.bignoselittledog.com)

BigRedJed
10/17/2006, 06:30 PM
Update: I finally got that CT scan, 10 months later. I ended up not doing it on the day in which I previously posted on this page.

This past weekend I was feeling the familiar pain again, this time acutely. I almost didn't go to the game. I had been to the Hornets game the night before and had gotten d-runk. I woke up Saturday very dehydrated and felt like I was about to have a stone problem. I immediately started drinking huge amounts of water. I went ahead to the game, against my better judgement, thinking I might have to be rushed to the hospital. I took some Vicodin in my pocket just to be on the safe side.

At some point during the game, while making one of my many visits to the men's room, I could have sworn that I saw a black speck appear on the white porcelain where my urine stream was hitting. I was convinced that I had just peed out the stone. It was everything I could do to keep from reaching into the urinal trough and picking it up, so that I could take it to my doc for analysis. I resisted my urge, you'll be glad to know.

The pain pretty much went away, but yesterday I set up an appointment with my urologist for this morning, anyway. I went in this AM, had the CT scan, after which he declared, to my amazement, that I NO LONGER HAVE ANY KIDNEY STONES!!! The three that were left in there at the time of my surgery must have passed, at some point. I now suspect that the few times I thought I was about to pass one, I actually was passing one, since they were much smaller than the one I had surgically removed.

So anyway, I got rid of those without much pain or discomfort at all, a huge relief to me. Those remaining stones had been hanging over my head like a black cloud for nearly two years (my surgery was in January '05).

SCORE!!

BigRedJed
10/17/2006, 06:35 PM
By the way, the "familiar pain" is back pain.

BigRedJed
10/17/2006, 06:41 PM
Having had such a successful visit to the doc, I had him recommend a new GP for me since I just changed insurance and hated the doc I was going to. He suggested another doc at Mercy, so I ran over to his office to set up an appointment. Just so happened that they had an opening this afternoon, so I went in to meet with him and discuss some other issues I'm dealing with.

He was very impressive, and proceeds to give me a complete workup. Unfortunately, the workup included a digital prostate exam. Apparently my good karma for the day had run out.

BigRedJed
10/17/2006, 06:43 PM
I knew it was a bad sign when he said "drop your pants and get up on the table on your knees and elbows."

BigRedJed
10/17/2006, 06:43 PM
On the plus side, he said "if either the patient or the doctor enjoys this, it's time to change doctors."

yermom
10/17/2006, 07:28 PM
digital

ewww

glad this didn't turn out the way i was expecting when i saw it bumped again though

opksooner
10/17/2006, 10:04 PM

Say..............if you ever pass another one I know a jeweler who can make ya a nice set of cuff links.

Hell of a conversation piece.

IB4OU2
10/18/2006, 07:54 AM
Congrats Jed I'm glad everything passed.

BigRedJed
10/18/2006, 11:09 AM
I still can't figure out how my doc did the prostate exam with both hands on my shoulders. He must be really good.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/18/2006, 11:19 AM
That's how they always do mine.

No worries.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/18/2006, 11:21 AM
That's how they always do mine.

No worries.That's the way OUDoc does his breast exams. It's strange because he's my eye doctor.

BigRedJed
10/18/2006, 12:36 PM
KIDNEY STONE FREE, BITCHES!!

Sorry. I'm still a little excited about that.

OklahomaRed
10/18/2006, 01:11 PM
Stay away from carbonated beverage & tea. Drink plenty of water to keep the calcium & oxalate dissolved (which is 90% of most stones). Actually eating a lot of green leafy vegetables can also predispose you to kidney stones. You can also take low dose hydrochlorthiazide if you are predisposed to kidney stones to help minimize formation of new stones.