PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any brushes with famous people?

lexsooner
1/15/2005, 12:59 PM
Let's not include local celebrities like football coaches, players or politicians. I mean, national figures like Hollywood movie stars or musicians.

I once saw James Earl Jones checking into the Bethesda MD Holiday Inn. Another time I was at training in Annapolis, MD, and we had previously been joking about how one of our fellow workers looked like Pat Sajak. Well, we were walking back from dinner and there were two guys talking on the sidewalk, one was leaning against his BMW. We got closer, and it was Pat Sajak, who has a place in Annapolis. One of the women in our group said "It couldn't be!" Pat turned to us and shielded his face and said jokingly "It's not, it's not." We didn't stop to bother him, but we acknowledged him as we walked by and I said "We know your brother!" (our co-worker who looks like Pat), and Pat looked at me with a puzzled expression, as walked off.

That's about it from my end. I know people who have had much more interesting brushes with fame. One co-worker lived in LA and she came across famous people all the time. One time she had her birthday party in a nice LA restaurant and it turned out Cindy Crawford was sitting at the table behind her group. When they sang happy birthday, Cindy turned around and joined in. She thought Cindy was so nice.

I know someone who went with her daughter to a Hollywood reception in which her daughter danced. She happened to chit chat with Mark Wahlberg, who was standing to the side watching the performance. She said he was very pleasant and friendly - and short.

A friend of mine is married to a concert violinist who once was asked to go down to Eastern Kentucky to teach Helen Hunt how to hold a violin in her scenes where she played a violinist. This was a bad movie filmed in Ky. from the 80s or 90s with Patrick Swazey and Billy Bob Thornton, the name of which escapes me. Anyway, my friend's wife goes down there and it turns out Helen had hurt her neck diving into the pool at the flea bag motel they were all staying at down in Eastern Ky., so she was in a foul, bitchy mood. Tina did her instructing to Helen, who was unfriendly, disinterested and barely acknowledged Tina during the lessons. To this day Tina has bad memories of Helen Hunt.

I heard someone asked Julia Roberts for her autograph at an LA area grocery and she blew them off. When they persisted, she cursed them out. This is second hand, though.

Anyone out there have some brushes with fame?

picasso
1/15/2005, 01:01 PM
I've brushed up against several famous people in my time.

Okla-homey
1/15/2005, 01:10 PM
Minnie Driver brushed passed me with her arms full of shopping bags in the Forum Shops at Caesars in Vegas a couple years ago and I was once introduced to Boris Yeltsin. I don't think Boris remembers me though, it was after 7pm and he'd been drinking a while. I stood in line in an airport newsstore behind Al Sharpton once too. Finally, when I was little tiny kid, Dan Blocker (Hoss Cartwright) came to the rodeo in Ardmore. My parents stuck me in his lap for a picture after it was over. I have no memory of it, nor had I been drinking.

SactoSooner
1/15/2005, 01:15 PM
I once saw Pearl Jam's bassist Jeff Ament buying underwear at Sears in a mall in Missoula, Montana.

For my daughter's 16th birthday, a friend of mine arranged for backstage passes so she could meet LeeAnn Rimes, who is her favorite singer.

I went to a national award ceremony at Ethel Kennedy's house in McLean, Virginia, when an article I co-authored in college won the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award. Met Diane Sawyer (who ended up taking the overall prize), kicked my shoes off with Carole Simpson (ABC), and met a bunch of Kennedy's. A lot of other national level journalists/columnists/cartoonists were there as well. I've also arranged a number of interviews with national and international level reporters/shows in my advocacy work.

When I was waiting for a friend to get off a plane in Salt Lake City, Bart Conner and Nadia Comeneci got off before him (this was before I lived in Oklahoma, so to me they weren't considered local celebrities).

One of these days I'm sure I'll run into Schwarzenegger somewhere, because my job frequently takes me to his locations, and we work with his staff all the time.

This thread really belongs to LAS.

Salt City Sooner
1/15/2005, 01:24 PM
Back when I was 12 or 13 our family went to Tennessee to see my Uncle & his family for Christmas. While we were there we drove to Hendersonville (about an hour away) to bowl a few games. We ended up bowling alongside a group that included Conway Twitty, Johnny Cash, & oh yeah, some gal named Dolly Parton......:D

SactoSooner
1/15/2005, 01:35 PM
Oh...and I forgot to mention Matt Groening, but that was at a college journalism conference where he held a press conference. What was cool in hindsight is that he was there to kick off "The Simpson's," so I have all of the original press materials used in the launch, and an original drawing of one of his "Life In Hell" characters made out to me on the very first Simpson's poster ever issued. The promo t-shirt is long gone though. :( Who knew that show would become legendary?

King Crimson
1/15/2005, 02:08 PM
Life in Hell was great.

King Crimson
1/15/2005, 02:10 PM
ignore potential threadjack:

my friend John had "relations" with Jewel. she came over to our apartment a few times in about 92-93. beautiful girl. she used to sing karaoke in Boulder just for a stunt....this was before she was famous....but she could bring it.

lexsooner
1/15/2005, 02:18 PM
I forgot to mention a few other brushes:

I will mention Anita Hill, since she is both a local and also a national celebrity. She was my contracts professor in law school at OU. She was very bright and a nice person. She had some of us students over for dinner at her house sometimes. The crap about her abilities in the press was a bunch of bs. She knew her law. She graduated with honors from Yale Law School, unlike Clarence "Uncle" Thomas.

A woman I used to date sat near Richard Simmons in first class in an airplane.
She said Richard was talking with his agent or business manager throughout the flight and he seemed quite normal, not the flaming, flamboyant Richard Simmons you see on tv. He did show this side after they were deplaning, when Richard commented how good she looked and then proceeded to kiss her hand (this was her story). She also had a flight with Terry Bradshaw, who she said seemed like a nice guy.

A friend of a friend works as an Air Marshal, and he sat next to Cameron Diaz in first class. He said she seemed very unfriendly and stuck up. This is all second hand.

We stayed at the same hotel as opera singer Beverly Sills many years ago. We ate dinner in the same hotel restaurant and saw her eating with her family. After dinner, she sat there picking her teeth with a tooth pick. My Dad later happened to run into her in a hotel shop, and talked with her, and he said she was very cordial and friendly. She was apparently on vacation with her family, not working.

OklahomaTrombone
1/15/2005, 02:22 PM
ignore potential threadjack:

my friend John had "relations" with Jewel. she came over to our apartment a few times in about 92-93. beautiful girl. she used to sing karaoke in Boulder just for a stunt....this was before she was famous....but she could bring it.

but what about the teeth?

TUSooner
1/15/2005, 02:43 PM
I once saw Broderick Crawford getting his car gassed up in Santa Monica back in 60-something.

I saw Gallagher at a Houston airport.
TU: Are you Gallagher?
G: Yeah.
TU: I thought you looked like him. <Really clever, huh?>
G: I guess I have to.

Non qualifying: Greg Pruitt stopped at the gas station where I used to work in Moore (Broadway DX, 12th & Broadway). I filled up his Fiat 124 Spider and cleaned the windshield.

I saw Van Cliburn eating at a Sambo's (on Classen?) back in 76 or so.

King Crimson
1/15/2005, 02:49 PM
but what about the teeth?

i wasn't ever looking at them as long we are thinking in the plural.

AlbqSooner
1/15/2005, 02:52 PM
On vacation in So Cal many years ago I was driving south along the coast in Malibu when this idiot in a Cadillac convertible turns right in front of me to enter a driveway at one of the beach front properties.

I slammed on the brakes, laid on the horn, smoked the tires and saw Kirk Douglas shooting me the finger.

mandrake
1/15/2005, 02:55 PM
I shared a plane flight with Jennifer Capriati many years ago. She was of course in 1st class, my wife and I in coach, but we did say hi. I also ran into Mike Wallace from 60 Minutes at the Reagan Airport in DC a while back.

Bart and Nadia bought office furniture from me in 1993. And I send my son to their gym. Class people.

Best one, as far as I'm concerned, I got to hang out after a concert with one of my favorite musicians of all time. To see who this is, go to www.the-company.com

And I'm still waiting for Charlotte Church to ask me to dinner. :D

instigator
1/15/2005, 03:08 PM
Does Shaun Bradley count? :)

I passed by Mike Tyson in Vegas a while back, but I just ignored him. :P

mrowl
1/15/2005, 03:32 PM
Mike Tyson - Orange Bowl 2000, south beach, was really cool to us, I need to post the pic still

Mel Gibson - Flight to LA, was seated next to him, nice guy, I tried to leave him alone.

George W. - when he was governer, was at some really expensive dinner in Austin that sucked.

Brett Hull, Mike Modano, Marti Turco, crap... all of the Stars, and 20 other NHL players - partied with them at Brett's birthday party last fall. (Always go to a hockey party if invited)

Scott Stapp from Creed - met him at a Stars game in 2000, he is a huge fan, fun to hang out with.

Lots of NFL guys, quite a few live around here.

lexsooner
1/15/2005, 03:35 PM
On vacation in So Cal many years ago I was driving south along the coast in Malibu when this idiot in a Cadillac convertible turns right in front of me to enter a driveway at one of the beach front properties.

I slammed on the brakes, laid on the horn, smoked the tires and saw Kirk Douglas shooting me the finger.

But don't you know Spartacus always has the right of way? HE is Spartacus.

apusooner
1/15/2005, 03:59 PM
I was at the NAMM show(music convention), I turned a corner and ran smack into Prince. Poor dude only came up to my chest. We both said sorry to one another. Later that night I was invited up to the hotel suite of General Music keyboards to see a private jam session with Earth Wind and Fire, and a couple friends. I got to shake their hands, but they wouldnt let me play with them. :( After we lest the jam session, I ran into Duff McCagen(sp?) the bass player in Guns n Roses ans I drank a beer with him at the bar. It was pretty sweet.

sooneron
1/15/2005, 04:03 PM
In my line of work, I get to work w/ a few famous people:
Patrick Ewing (big fella), Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera, Paul O'neill, Bernie Williams, Spike Lee, Jerry Seinfeld, John Riggins, Lenny Dykstra, Pay-Rod, Mary Pearce, Violent Femmes, Rosanna Arquette, Armand Assante, Diane Venora, Whoppi Goldberg, Johnathan Pryce, Warren Moon, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, Kevin Spacey, Boomer Esiason, Spin Doctors, Pricilla Presley, F Murray Abraham, Spalding Gray, Henry Rollins, Chuck D, and a few more plus a little band named the Rolling Stones.
Partied with: Matt Dillon, Fisher Stevens, INXS, Black Crowes, Lenny Kravitz, Arthur Nascarella

SactoSooner
1/15/2005, 04:50 PM
Another one I forgot to mention was seeing Art Linkletter having breakfast with his grandchildren in Missoula at a place similar to Denny's.

And Shannon Miller was in line in front of me at Ekerds at 122nd and May one time.

That's it for me!

GDC
1/15/2005, 05:06 PM
A friend of mine is married to a concert violinist who once was asked to go down to Eastern Kentucky to teach Helen Hunt how to hold a violin in her scenes where she played a violinist. This was a bad movie filmed in Ky. from the 80s or 90s with Patrick Swazey and Billy Bob Thornton, the name of which escapes me. Anyway, my friend's wife goes down there and it turns out Helen had hurt her neck diving into the pool at the flea bag motel they were all staying at down in Eastern Ky., so she was in a foul, bitchy mood. Tina did her instructing to Helen, who was unfriendly, disinterested and barely acknowledged Tina during the lessons. To this day Tina has bad memories of Helen Hunt.

That movie was Next of Kin, one of my favorites. Liam Neeson as ****ing hillbilly Briar Gates, that was cool.
:texan:

Seeing Vin Diesel with two of his "boys" (NTTAWWT) in Heathrow Airport in London was one encounter I remember. I also encountered Meg Ryan in a health food store in El Paso, when she and Denzel Washington were filming a war movie in the desert east of town. Literally partied with Cheap Trick, that was awesome. Dated and almost married Don Maynard's step-daughter, I'll see if any old timers on this board recognize that name.

yermom
1/15/2005, 05:08 PM
i played poker with this guy in Vegas: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0388218/

Tailwind
1/15/2005, 05:10 PM
I met Paul Newman when he came to my town to film a pretty bad movie(Pocket Money). I was sixteen, and I got his autograph. I asked if he wanted mine.......he declined. He had the bluest eyes I had ever seen. Shame he didn't get my autograph....seeing that I am so famous now and everything.

Soonrboy
1/15/2005, 05:21 PM
Tom Cruise's managers parents lived by my parents. While filming Rain Man, Tom was there while I was, of course, mowing their lawn.

SactoSooner
1/15/2005, 05:24 PM
This is it...I promise.

The son of a friend of mine is married to the daughter of Dr. Phil's business partner. He was also best man at the wedding of Barry Switzer's daughter.

leavingthezoo
1/15/2005, 05:30 PM
mike tyson a couple of times- once he sat behind me at a phoenix mercury game. he was a lot nicer than i'd anticipated, and was actually pretty friendly. funny too.

while leaving Aunt Chilada's (mexican restaurant) he and a few big goons were jogging. he seemed a little edgy that time, and had just gotten his facial tattoo.

on a flight to los angeles, i opened an overhead bin and watched in horror as my bag nailed jim belushi upside his head. he was cool about it though.

Rhino
1/15/2005, 05:47 PM
Emmitt Smith (Mall in Dallas; wife was a bitch), Garth Brooks, Brett Butler (Niketown in Chicago), Melissa Ethridge, Shaggy, Sonique, Barry Williams, Hanson, Gavin Rossdale, Ben Stein, Tracy Bonham, Ed Kowalczyk(Live), Scott Lucas(Local H), Jaret Von Erich & Erik Rodham(Bowling for Soup), Paulie Shore (South Beach), Howlin' Pelle Almquist(The Hives), Toby Keith (The Deli in Norman), Dimebag Darrell(Bass Pro in OKC, six months before his death), Wayne Coyne, Luke & Owen Wilson(Willie Nelson concert in OKC), Steve Burns, Henry Winkler (OU/USC)

Various bands and stuff. And some other people, probably.

Ashlee Simpson
1/15/2005, 05:59 PM
have any of u met me? i am very famous!!! 2c more famous ppl u should watch my show on Wednesday nights!!!

famous ppl i have met:
jessica
nick
98 deg.
baby face
ryan cabrera
britney
christina a.
hilary duff
i partied at p. diddy's house once

LosAngelesSooner
1/15/2005, 06:31 PM
Okay...no matter what I'm gonna leave a lot of people out of here. Especially in the first two categories because I really don't much think of them as "stars" as I do friends. This is just kinda a quick list for fun. I'll add more later.

Close friends:
Linda Cardellini
Colin Hanks
Busy Phillips
Nick Cornish
Charlie Kaufman
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Jennifer Lyons

Friendly Acquaintances:
Ridley Scott
Joss Whedon
Sam Raimi
Denzel Washington

Hung Out With:
Jeff Garcia
Massive Attack (Tricky)
Sandra Bullock
The whole cast of That 70's Show
The whole cast of Freaks and Geeks
Tom Cruise
Keira Knightley
Toby Keith
Andy Dick
Keifer Sutherland
John Macenroe
Michael Bay
Hugh Hefner
Jenna Jameson
Brianna Banks
Ron Jeremy
Janine
Jenteal
Tia Carrere
Peter Gruber
John Woo

Ran into:
Too many to list, really, but I'll name some of the biggies...

Al Pacino
Robert DeNiro
Clint Eastwood
Ethan Hawke
Uma Thurman
Aaron Eckhart
Gavin What'shisname from Bush
Cameron Diaz
Josh Hartnett
Harrison Ford
Vivica A. Fox
Noah Wyle
George Clooney
John Aniston
Sherry Rooney
Steve Kahan
Eric Allan Kramer
Matthew Porretta
Tyra Banks
Matthew McConaughey
Tom "Tiny" Lister, Jr. (Zeus)
Kevin Smith
Jason Mewes
Sean Astin
Billy Boyd
Dominic Monaghan
Dennis Hopper
Steve Martin
Frank Oz
Tom Hanks
Joel Silver
Jerry Bruckheimer
Terrell Owens
John Elway
Joe Montana
Christopher Walken
Gene Hackman
Ron Pearlman
Daniel Radcliffe
Rupert Grint
Emma Watson
Paulie Shore
Henry "The Fonz" Winkler
Ben Stiller
Christine Taylor
James Woods

(okay, just remembered this one) Got pulled up on stage by George Clinton to dance with him and the whole band (along with several other hoochies he pulled up on stage) during the final song of a live show with the Parliament Funkadelic in Hollywood. (I guess it impressed him that I knew all the lyrics to all his songs and sang along with each. Of course, I was completely ferschnizzled...but that's to be expected) One of the coolest moments of my geeky life.

Enough for now. When I think of more, I'll list 'em.

Stanley1
1/15/2005, 06:36 PM
Close friends:
Jennifer Love Hewitt

Hook a brother up.

SactoSooner
1/15/2005, 06:43 PM
Which reminds me (I didn't realize I'd had so many brushes with famous people!)...

Sean Astin's mama, Patty Duke, bought some property from my dad in the '90s along Lake Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, that had been part of the family's homestead since 1909. I've never met her, but five generations of my family spent our best times together camping, digging for arrowheads, and exploring where her vacation home now stands.

LosAngelesSooner
1/15/2005, 06:50 PM
Hook a brother up. Nah...can't with her. Personal reasons.

SoonerBorn
1/15/2005, 06:50 PM
When I handled computers at OU's Honors College, I watched the phones for a bit while everyone stepped into the lobby to look at blue prints for our building expansion. The phone rings and I have this conversation:

Me: Honors College, can I help you?
Them: Yes, can I speak with Dean Gillon, please?
Me: Sure, may I tell him who's calling?
Them: Yes, this is John Kennedy...
Me: Oh, is this the John Kennedy who used to teach in the Human Relations department?
Them: ...um... no...
Me: <<shrugs>> OK, well, please hold...

Of course, he died a few months later. :(

DCSooner
1/15/2005, 06:56 PM
Here are some, and I was usually wasted.

Kelsey Grammer
Willard Scott
(when I was younger)

In Miami:
Al Pacino
Jim Brown
Oliver Stone
Jamie Foxx (dick head)
(They where filming Any Given Sunday)

Chris Rock (dick head)
I sold him a belt.
Play (from Kid n Play)
James Woods

I hung out with
Stephen Dorff
Matthew Modine
Ben Stiller

and local Miami Beach celebs,
Chris Paceillo and Ingrid Caseras

usmc-sooner
1/15/2005, 06:58 PM
George W. Bush
Bill Clinton
Jimmy Smitts
Crystal Gayle
Neal McCoy
Rudy from Survivor

DCSooner
1/15/2005, 07:00 PM
If we are doing politicians then,

W
Clinton
Rummy
Bueller (FBI director)
Stenant (X Cia director)
Ridge
Mineta (sec of DOT)
Ashcroft.

usmc-sooner
1/15/2005, 07:37 PM
If we are doing politicians then,

W
Clinton
Rummy
Bueller (FBI director)
Stenant (X Cia director)
Ridge
Mineta (sec of DOT)
Ashcroft.

you trying to one up me? :D

SactoSooner
1/15/2005, 08:07 PM
This is getting ridiculous on my part.

One time I was picking up Sister Helen Prejean at the Waterford (she is the nun portrayed in "Dead Man Walking" with Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn) to take her to a speaking engagement, and Reba McEntire drove up and was dropped off at the hotel as we were getting into the car.

My brother-in-law used to drive truck for Merle Haggard.

And lastly...Mike Farrell from M*A*S*H* once participated in a nationwide search to find me after I'd lost my wallet.

DCSooner
1/15/2005, 08:50 PM
you trying to one up me? :D
Never man. Never. You the man. :)

SteelCitySooner
1/15/2005, 09:24 PM
When I was 19, in the Air Force, and stationed in the Philippines, I met Tom Cruise when he was filming Born on the Fourth of July. I was actually a stand-in in that movie (just one of the other grunts).. You can see the back of my head in one of the vietnam battle seens... Have also met Chuck Norris...Same thing, I was a stand in during one of the Delta Force movies (but I never saw myself in that movie).

Jimbo Covert is a pretty good friend of mine.

I've ate lunch at a table next to Samual L. Jackson in at the Beverly Hills hotel (I think it is called Polo Lounge?)...

SactoSooner
1/15/2005, 09:42 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's cool about being a stand in. My son and I auditioned for "The Horse Whisperer," but never received a call back. Wonder if it's because I came across as too star struck? ;)

Nah...couldn't be. Dianne Weist came across more like a Montana housewife than I did, even though I had more experience. That's all.

When my son went before the camera, he just stood there with a blank look on his face and forced this terrified smile. He didn't know what to do. Now he does on-camera media interviews with ease.

SteelCitySooner
1/15/2005, 11:37 PM
They used us military guys for filming Vietnam type movies in the Phillippines quite it bit. The Air Force was cool about it too, letting us go for a week without taking leave.. I think there were about 100 of us for the Born on the 4th of July.. It was a lot of fun and pretty cool to be able to say that "I was in the movie"...

1/16/2005, 06:51 AM
My wife's cousin is married to a Gin Blossom.

Oh, and I met Roy Clark one time.

1/16/2005, 06:53 AM
Oh, and Ho Ho.

God bless 'em.

Okla-homey
1/16/2005, 09:03 AM
Almost forgot this one. Back before 9/11, one of my guys was badly hurt on a bombing range in Kuwait. Long story I won't go into but his position was mistaken for the target by a two-ship of F-14's who released a Mk-82 (500 pound general purpose bomb) on him.

Anyway, he almost lost his foot. Not long afterward, my secretary informs me that Ross Perot is calling. Of course I figured she was bagging me and I ignored it. We had more than a few jokesters in the squadron so anything was possible. She hangs up on him. He calls back and she says, "I think it really is him, maybe you better take the call." I did. It was.

Perot wanted to make sure my guy, who was by then at Walter Reed recovering and rehabilitating, lacked for absolutely nothing. I was headed out to visit my guy later that week and I told Mr Perot I would let him know if we needed anything. He gave my a telephone number and told me to use it to keep him informed. After getting to DC and checking on my troop, I figured, WTF? By then, it was about 9:00pm out in Texas on a Friday evening. I called the number and he answered himself. I told him it looked like my guy was facing a long recovery, but he wasn't going to lose his foot and he would be okay. He encouraged me to let him know if there was anything at all he could do and told me that number also rang on a phone on his bedside table so it meant 24 hour direct access to him. I thanked him and hung up.

Turns out he gives millions annually to help injured special operations personnel and their families. He also routinely buys state-of-art artificial limbs for amputees. Who knew? Again, this was all before Gulf WarII so I have no idea of the scale or scope of his current support, particularly now that there are so many more wounded, but based on my experience I bet he's still giving a ton. Politics notwithstanding, Perot is one texan who's okay in my book.

Matt Foley
1/16/2005, 09:40 AM
Lane Smith, Charles Napier, Toby Keith, Powers Boothe

OklahomaTrombone
1/16/2005, 10:17 AM
I saw P-Diddy leaving an eatery in New York a few years ago.

usmc-sooner
1/16/2005, 10:48 AM
about 3 years ago I was in a commercial for the military "who wants to be a millionaire" I don't think it was ever on tv.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2005, 11:26 AM
As a kid
Kenny Rogers stopped a concert when I was 6 to talk to me and accept my flowers
shook hands with the bearded guy in the Oakridge Boys
got to go on stage with T.G. Shepperd another country singer when I was 6
Danny Cooksey, the red headed kid that was on Diffrent Strokes is from Moore, so I met him

In college
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
Tom Daschle
George Stephanopolus
Bill & Hillary Clinton
James Carville
Some other politicians/government figures I can't remember right now

Adult
Larry King
Donald Trump
Al Roker
Rosie O'Donnell before she came out
Barbara Walters
Celine Dion
Steve Martin
(all in New York)

sooneron
1/16/2005, 12:25 PM
Michael Bay

I intentionally left that tool off my list.

Speaking of tools-

More
Donald Trump ( a few times)

Martin Scorese (big moment) can't believe that I forgot him!
Rudy Giuliani
Joe Piscopo
Paul Sorvino
Danny Aiello
Vincent Pastore (*****)
Hayden Pannetiere
Sandra Bullock
Annabella Sciorra (sp?)

LosAngelesSooner
1/16/2005, 12:39 PM
I intentionally left that tool off my list.

Speaking of tools-

More
Donald Trump ( a few times)

Martin Scorese (big moment) can't believe that I forgot him!
Rudy Giuliani
Joe Piscopo
Paul Sorvino
Danny Aiello
Vincent Pastore (*****)
Hayden Pannetiere
Sandra Bullock
Annabella Sciorra (sp?) Just curious if you felt the same way...Wasn't Sandra Bullock prettier in person than she is on film? She just blew me away.

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2005, 12:45 PM
Peter Weller
Norman Schwartzkopf
Tommy Franks
Colin Powell
Wesley Clark
Tom Osborne

jreed13
1/16/2005, 12:48 PM
Friendly Acquaintances:
Ridley Scott
Joss Whedon
Sam Raimi
Denzel Washington
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

jreed13
1/16/2005, 12:59 PM
If politicians even count as celebs then ive met:

Frank Keating
J.C. watts
Steve Largent
Tom Cole
Don Nickles

im sure theres more i just cant really think right now

Mjcpr
1/16/2005, 01:06 PM
These lists are interesting, thanks for posting.

What I'd like to know though is what kind of people they were (attn: LAS since you know some instead of just seeing them). For example, Clint Eastwood - Tool, bared his *** at my swimming party and peed in the ficus tree. That's what we want to know, folks.

:)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2005, 01:17 PM
If politicians even count as celebs then ive met:

Frank Keating
J.C. watts
Steve Largent
Tom Cole
Don Nickles

im sure theres more i just cant really think right now
I don't think they count in this thread, but I've met the following Oklahoma governors:

Boren-several times. His son Dan, now a Congressman is a good friend
Nigh-several times. Traveled to DC with him, worked with him on some things
Bellmon-In the oswho student union
Walters-Worked for him as an intern.
Keating-Met him on a few occasions
Henry-1st Met him when he was a freshman state senator when I was at OBU

jreed13
1/16/2005, 01:39 PM
Well Ive hung out with Sloan Thomas and Robert Killebrew. Do they count as celebs?

NickelBack
1/16/2005, 01:54 PM

Dood! I had a run in with some idiot on a Houston Freeway driving a Porsche 928 back in the 80s. I pulled up beside him to shoot the bird and he took his massive cell phone off his ear and looked right at me. It was AJ Foyt. LOL

You know that movie Bad News Bears? The guy, Kelly Leaks that was the hippie type that rode the dirt bike? Well me and some friends were extras in the second movie, at the Astrodome, and we were walking around the field during a break. I was dipping Skoal at the time and spit. He saw me and got all irate, told me not to spit on the astroturf. I told him, "Like a thousand baseball players don't spit on it every game? **** off!" LOL

Shook George Bush's hand at my high school in 1980 when he was running for the nomination against Reagan.

That's about it for me. Man, my dad had a bunch though. He got drunk and rode around in a limo with Lee Marvin, worked on a movie as a consultant with John Wayne in the Hell Fighters, met Brian Denehey in New Mexico, told Glen Campbell he couldn't cut in line at a hotel check in, met and stayed in the same hotel as Dianne Sawyer while he was in Iraq fighting oil well fires, had breakfast with Dan Rather at the Port O'Conner fishing center.

usmc-sooner
1/16/2005, 01:58 PM

What I'd like to know though is what kind of people they were (attn: LAS since you know some instead of just seeing them). For example, Clint Eastwood - Tool, bared his *** at my swimming party and peed in the ficus tree. That's what we want to know, folks.

:)

Jimmy Smits was really cool and down to earth. He actually carried on a conversation with me.

I also met Jenny Garth (I think that's her name from BH 90210) she was nice

Kareem Abdul Jabbar a turd and I think he was stoned. Really seemed like he was looking for reasons to be mad.

Steve Carlton (former Big League pitcher) was really reserved but not rude but I got the feeling he does not like attention.

Neal McCoy(country music singer) was awesome I was in uniform and he came up to me told me thanks for the service and talked with me for about 30 minutes.

sooneron
1/16/2005, 03:07 PM
Just curious if you felt the same way...Wasn't Sandra Bullock prettier in person than she is on film? She just blew me away.
She was dressed way down the first time I met her. Overalls and a ponytail. It was just before Speed came out. Then, the next time, we were having drinks with a mutual friend and - Yowza!

TUSooner
1/16/2005, 03:42 PM
I had a comb and a barette with Belinda Montgomery in the French Quarter
Yeh, nuthin..... :(

Beef
1/16/2005, 03:42 PM
Nobody. I never leave my house.

SCOUT
1/16/2005, 03:57 PM
I've met Tony Dorsett several times
Preston Pearson
Renaldo Blackman
Sean Bradley
Dennis Rodman
Ed "Too Tall" Jones
Randy White
John Candy
George Strait

My Dad spent an evening in a bar with Mickey Mantle back in the day.

sooneron
1/16/2005, 04:56 PM
I've met Tony Dorsett several times
Preston Pearson
Renaldo Blackman
Sean Bradley
Dennis Rodman
Ed "Too Tall" Jones
Randy White
John Candy
George Strait

My Dad spent an evening in a bar with Mickey Mantle back in the day.
I hope for your Dad's sake, that Mickey was paying! Yikers! :eek:

LosAngelesSooner
1/16/2005, 10:01 PM
She was dressed way down the first time I met her. Overalls and a ponytail. It was just before Speed came out. Then, the next time, we were having drinks with a mutual friend and - Yowza! Yeah...she's smokin'. Dressed up or dressed down...just plain smokin' in person. And one of the nicest people I've ever met.

LosAngelesSooner
1/16/2005, 10:02 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! Is this a good or bad reaction?

LosAngelesSooner
1/16/2005, 10:04 PM

:) Well...ask specific questions about specific people and I'll tell ya. For the most part the people I'm friends with I wouldn't be friends with unless they were really genuinely nice people. Friendly acquaintances included.

Interesting about Clint. When I met him he was one of the nicest, most polite people I had ever met. Here he was meeting a complete stranger (a nobody to him) and he spent time to get to know me and even remembered my name when we met again. Very nice, classy guy. Maybe you got him when he was still a bit younger and still the partier. (I also met him in a casual business setting (business drinks), so that may be the difference as well)

jreed13
1/16/2005, 11:43 PM
Is this a good or bad reaction?
amazingly good reaction. Im a huge fan of the Evil dead/ Army of darkness movies.

Jimminy Crimson
1/17/2005, 12:00 AM
Most recent: Had lunch next to James Garner in Ft. Lauderdale on the 3rd. We were both leaving at the same time and met. Nice guy.

Mjcpr
1/17/2005, 12:30 AM
Interesting about Clint. When I met him he was one of the nicest, most polite people I had ever met. Here he was meeting a complete stranger (a nobody to him) and he spent time to get to know me and even remembered my name when we met again. Very nice, classy guy. Maybe you got him when he was still a bit younger and still the partier. (I also met him in a casual business setting (business drinks), so that may be the difference as well)
Actually, I was just giving an example.......I've never met him. :O I was more interested in hearing your stories.

My list is short:

Edward James Olmos - walked down the aisle on a plane in front of me once
Jerry Tarkanian - on a plane once, we were stalled on the tarmac
Bill Blankenship - head coach at Union (Tulsa area) ...saw him at Best Buy once

HoserSooner
1/17/2005, 01:04 AM
Geddy Lee (mentioned that a few times)
Tie Domi
Mr. Fuji :D
Reggie Jackson
Mike Keenan
The Road Warriors
Wendel Clark
Played high-school football and drank/partied with Sandy McCarthy (goon/tough-guy/enforcer for the New York Rangers)

Rhino
1/17/2005, 02:21 AM

What I'd like to know though is what kind of people they were (attn: LAS since you know some instead of just seeing them). For example, Clint Eastwood - Tool, bared his *** at my swimming party and peed in the ficus tree. That's what we want to know, folks. Remember this? (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12945)

And since you said that, some comments to my previous post:

Emmitt Smith(whipped, wife was a bitch), Garth Brooks, Brett Butler(nice dude, talked about SEOSU with him), Melissa Ethridge(presented a birthday cake to her at a concert; very nice), Shaggy(hilarious and fun), Sonique(nice, quiet), Barry Williams(obsessed with banking off his Brady fame), Hanson(goofy dudes, very good to their fans), Gavin Rossdale(stayed extra long after a show to meet fans, the rest of Bush was really cool), Ben Stein(kinda crabby), Tracy Bonham(super nice, down to earth chick), Ed Kowalczyk of Live(kind of a dick), Scott Lucas of Local H(everything on stage basically blew up and he was kinda like "eh, **** happens"), Jaret Von Erich & Erik Rodham of Bowling for Soup(awesome, awesome, awesome. love alcohol), Paulie Shore, Howlin' Pelle Almquist of The Hives(like 5'0", cool and quiet), Toby Keith(kinda peeved at the attention in a small club), Dimebag Darrell(regular dude who liked to talk and laugh), Wayne Coyne(cool, very involved in every conversation), Luke & Owen Wilson(Owen very gracious dude, Luke kind of hid), Steve Burns(more quiet than I thought he would be), Henry Winkler(really nice dude)

Also, Blaque(a bunch of bitches), Tonic(cool dudes), LFO(I know, but all three were sick as hell and still played a full set outside in the burning heat), Joel & Benji of Good Charlotte(good to their fans, laughing constantly)

LosAngelesSooner
1/17/2005, 03:56 AM
Okay...no matter what I'm gonna leave a lot of people out of here. Especially in the first two categories because I really don't much think of them as &quot;stars&quot; as I do friends. This is just kinda a quick list for fun. I'll add more later.

Close friends:
Linda Cardellini
Colin Hanks
Busy Phillips
Nick Cornish
Charlie Kaufman
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Jennifer Lyons (Bud Bundy's girlfriend during the last season or two of MWC)

Friendly Acquaintances:
Ridley Scott
Joss Whedon
Sam Raimi
Denzel Washington
Louis Lombardi (Edgar on this season's 24 and a regular on the Soprano's) *can't believe I forgot the guy*

Hung Out With:
Jeff Garcia
Massive Attack (Tricky)
Sandra Bullock
Tom Cruise
Keira Knightley
Toby Keith
Andy Dick
Keifer Sutherland
John Macenroe
Michael Bay
Hugh Hefner
Jenna Jameson
Brianna Banks
Ron Jeremy
Janine
Jenteal
Tia Carrere
Peter Gruber
John Woo
Tara Reid

Ran into:

Al Pacino
Robert DeNiro
Clint Eastwood
Ethan Hawke
Uma Thurman
Aaron Eckhart
Cameron Diaz
Josh Hartnett
Harrison Ford
Vivica A. Fox
Noah Wyle
George Clooney
John Aniston
Sherry Rooney
Steve Kahan
Eric Allan Kramer
Matthew Porretta
Tyra Banks
Matthew McConaughey
Tom &quot;Tiny&quot; Lister, Jr. (Zeus)
Kevin Smith
Jason Mewes
Sean Astin
Billy Boyd
Dominic Monaghan
Dennis Hopper
Steve Martin
Frank Oz
Tom Hanks
Joel Silver
Jerry Bruckheimer
Terrell Owens
John Elway
Joe Montana
Christopher Walken
Gene Hackman
Ron Pearlman
Daniel Radcliffe
Rupert Grint
Emma Watson
Paulie Shore
Henry &quot;The Fonz&quot; Winkler
Ben Stiller
Christine Taylor
James Woods
Quincy Jones
Carmen Electra
Jewel

(okay, just remembered this one) Got pulled up on stage by George Clinton to dance with him and the whole band (along with several other hoochies he pulled up on stage) during the final song of a live show with the Parliament Funkadelic in Hollywood. (I guess it impressed him that I knew all the lyrics to all his songs and sang along with each. Of course, I was completely ferschnizzled...but that's to be expected) One of the coolest moments of my geeky life.

Enough for now. When I think of more, I'll list 'em. Updated

LosAngelesSooner
1/17/2005, 03:57 AM
amazingly good reaction. Im a huge fan of the Evil dead/ Army of darkness movies. Well, he's actually one of my brother's best friends and is a VERY nice guy. About as down to earth as it gets.

LosAngelesSooner
1/17/2005, 03:59 AM
Geddy Lee (mentioned that a few times)And...with this one name...you blew ANY list I may have had out of the water. I'd trade every name on my list to meet this guy.

Jealousy knows no bounds...

GrapevineSooner
1/17/2005, 05:01 AM
These are all stream of consciousness thoughts so bear with me:

While awaiting my bro's flight to Australia back in '98, Gene Simmons sat down right across from us, was eating a sandwich, and showed a member of his entourage a KISS credit card.

I've also seen Derian Hatcher (formerly of the Dallas Stars and currently with the Detroit Dead Things) at the Fort Worth Zoo. Since he was out with his family, I chose to leave him alone.

And in addition while I was working at Tom Thumb in Grapevine, I sliced meat and cheese for former Ranger and former Red Sox pitcher, John Burkett.

Herschel Walker was in line behind us at one of the sky caps at DFW Airport in 2002.

And I'm pretty sure at some point during my five years in the Tuttle school system, I may have bumped into JW.

OK, maybe not since we graduated five years apart. :D

HoserSooner
1/17/2005, 09:25 AM
And...with this one name...you blew ANY list I may have had out of the water. I'd trade every name on my list to meet this guy.

If you hang around Parry Sound, Ontario (home of Bobby Orr) long enough, you'll be sure to bump into him somewhere. A friend of mine has a cottage up there, and apparently his cottage is right across the bay, and she sees him a couple of times a summer.

VeeJay
1/17/2005, 10:08 AM
In college, I was working in the men's clothing dept. in a store close to where Walter Payton's mom lived. Walter came in one day and I was sooo close to selling him a suit. Problem was with the alterations. He was leaving that afternoon back to Chicago, and we couldn't get the suit altered in time. I never tried any harder to get something done for a customer in that crappy job as I did that day. Sweetness was very polite and gracious.

My brother-in-law was a stand in for Ben Stiller when they filmed "Something About Mary" in Miami. He got to hang with Cameron Diaz for a couple of days.

I met Lisa Wechtel from "Facts of Life." Nice but without her makeup she wasn't so hot. Met Terry Bradshaw at a trade show a couple of years ago. Heh. He is enjoying his life.

Rhino
1/17/2005, 10:51 AM
Duh. Dave Attell.

Hung out with him after one of his OKC shows. Bought me a beer. Bought all the ladies a lot of Jager shots. More subdued in real life, but doesn't differ much from the sleazy persona on his show.

lexsooner
1/17/2005, 12:09 PM
Here's a few more:

William Shatner has a horse farm in Woodford County near Lexington, and people sometimes run into him in Lexington, KY, when he comes to town. One guy approached him in a book store and Bill Shatner lived up (or down) to his jerk reputation and acted unfriendly.

A friend of mine lives in Lawrenceburg, KY, where Buddy Ryan lives also. He plays racquetball with Buddy, and says Buddy is a total cutthroat, take no prisoners competitor, someone who will try to win every single point if you could. Buddy would probably stop just short of hiring some big jock at the gym to come in and take you out, in order to win the game.

A friend of mine is a Trekkie and she and her friend went to a Star Trek convention where they saw George Takei, aka Mr. Sulu. Since my friend and her friend were the only black people at the convention, George singled them out and went out of his way to greet and speak with them, since George has a long history of being involved in civil rights. Well, when George went up to my friend and her friend, the latter gets so excited she goes beserk and rushes up and gives George Takei a big bear hug, to the surprise of George, my friend, and all the Trekkies who were watching in envy. They both thought it was so special that George came over to speak with them.

My Dad got to meet Valerie Harper, aka Rhoda, who toured the Health Sciences Center when she came to town to advocate for some health cause. Dad said she was real nice, a very polished speaker, and interested in science.

Flagstaffsooner
1/17/2005, 12:17 PM
Ho Ho the clown flipped me off once when I was in high school.

VeeJay
1/17/2005, 12:39 PM
Buddy Ryan reminds me of another Supreme Jackass, Pete Rose.

In the mid 90's Pistol Pete was rolling out his Ballpark Frozen Pizzas. He was in our office (not mine, but down the hall) with the food brokers that were repping his line. The buyer for our co. asked what kind of introductory program they had available as an incentive. Pete said "Here's your incentive. 4256 career hits."

His other memorable comment was "Hey, you guys don't have any black guys working for you."

Mjcpr
1/17/2005, 12:42 PM
I was a stand-in on Boogie Nights.

jk the sooner fan
1/17/2005, 12:42 PM
Bruce Springsteen used the movie theatre at fort monmouth, nj (where i was stationed) to run sound/equipment checks before a tour....i was able to see he and his entire entourage...

had also seen him and jon bon jovi having dinner together with their wives.....

GDC
1/17/2005, 02:02 PM
In college, I was working in the men's clothing dept. in a store close to where Walter Payton's mom lived. Walter came in one day and I was sooo close to selling him a suit. Problem was with the alterations. He was leaving that afternoon back to Chicago, and we couldn't get the suit altered in time. I never tried any harder to get something done for a customer in that crappy job as I did that day. Sweetness was very polite and gracious.

My brother-in-law was a stand in for Ben Stiller when they filmed "Something About Mary" in Miami. He got to hang with Cameron Diaz for a couple of days.

I met Lisa Wechtel from "Facts of Life." Nice but without her makeup she wasn't so hot. Met Terry Bradshaw at a trade show a couple of years ago. Heh. He is enjoying his life.

That reminded me I saw Walter Payton in the airport in Chicago years ago. I saw Sam Elliot driving away from a hotel in NYC, and Peter Weller eating at a Mexican restaurant in Taos once. I was in Times Square this past summer right above the subway when that wanna-be model/actress got shot.

Rhino
1/17/2005, 02:11 PM
I was in Times Square this past summer right above the subway when that wanna-be model/actress got shot. Huh?

GDC
1/17/2005, 02:18 PM
Huh?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/04/earlyshow/living/main621123.shtml

Shot On Subway, Model 'A Miracle'

NEW YORK, June 4, 2004

Model Survives Shooting

Monica Meadows (Photo: CBS/The Early Show)

Dig Deeper
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
The American Public Transportation Association
Find out more on their official Web site.

Department of Homeland Security
Read their fact sheet on Rail and Transit Security Initiatives

New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Visit the MTA's official Web site.

(CBS) Monica Meadows, a 23-year-old model, is lucky to be alive.

The Georgia-born aspiring actress came to New York last year seeking fame and fortune. On Tuesday, June 1, she was shot on a subway train near world-famous Times Square. Incredibly, she did not suffer any life-threatening injuries, inspiring doctors to give her the nickname "the miracle model."

She was released from Bellevue Hospital Thursday. And on Friday, looking fit and healthy, she showed The Early Show co-anchor Julie Chen the bandage on her shoulder.

She says the bullet went through her chest and out her shoulder. If the bullet had strayed just 10 millimeters, she probably would have died.

“It was a little scary, but I’m fine,” she says.

The shooting came without warning in the middle of the day on an un-crowded subway car, where every passenger had a seat.

I think it was around 1:00, 1:30 maybe. I had been to a couple of castings and I went to my agency, was headed to another casting at the time. So I think it was around 1:30.” Meadows recalls.

She was seated between two men, sipping a cup of soda. The next thing witnesses knew, someone got up and fired a shot.

Meadows says, “Then I hear a pop. A pop. It was not anything you think of as a gunshot. And I felt heat next to me.

"Everyone kind of looked in my direction. I thought they were looking at the guy next to me. I don’t know. And my arm flew out and did something really weird that I knew my brain didn’t tell it to do. So I stood up. I was surprised.

"And blood started rushing down my arm. Then I knew it was me that was hurt. At the time I thought maybe something had flown off the train or something, something had happened with the train. I didn’t really know. It wasn’t until a wonderful woman named Donna. I don’t know her. God bless her, came to my aid.

"Took me up to the MTA office, you know, ticket building, and said, ‘This woman needs help. She’s been shot.’ That’s when I knew. I had no idea I’d been shot. No clue. I was kind of like, 'I’ve been shot, I’m still standing here. I’m all right.'”

Eventually, paramedics arrived. But before that, “Another wonderful girl came to my aid. Her name is Ashley. She put pressure on the wound. When I was sitting and knew I was being helped, that was when I realized that I was hurting and I was a little freaked out and I was like, 'OK, I need to go to the emergency room. Please let someone come soon.'”

The shooter, described by witnesses as a "scruffy" man in his early 30s, fired a small-caliber round. He fled into another car, then slipped away from the subway after it stopped at West 42nd Street and possibly disappeared into a tunnel.

“There was no arguing that I heard,” Meadows notes. “It was just out of nowhere, a pop.” Police said they don't know if Monica Meadows was the intended target.

Meadows says, “They’re not keeping me in on everything, obviously. I don’t believe anyone has come forward to say yes, or no.”

A former roommate was questioned by police but released without being charged. He was questioned because he resembled the description of the suspect.

And though Meadows says she has not have the chance to talk to her former roommate, she says, she doesn’t believe he is the shooter.

Since her shooting, Meadows has gotten a lot of publicity, and she has gotten some offers from the New York City theater community.

She says, “We have been getting a lot of calls. I have a wonderful agent and publicist. They’ve been dealing with that and I’ve been dealing with my health. They’ve been talking to people. I guess if something bad like this can happen hopefully some good can come of it, too. I’m determined to pursue my career and keep doing some musicals and TV shows. It’s a great city. I’ve only been here a year and a half and it’s wonderful. I’ve been working.”

Meadows is adamant that she will stay in New York and even plans to ride the subways in the future. She says, “I’ll be hesitant and have people with me at first to get through it. But it’s a random occurrence.”

Here are Meadows’s career highlights:

* In 2004, she got a small part in “Law & Order: Criminal Intent” as well as modeled in the "Dressed to Thrill" fashion show to raise money for White Plains Performing Arts Center.

* She also got the lead role in "Fashion" at the White Plains Performing Arts Center

* Played an heiress to the Devoreux Mining fortune in "The City's Edge," an Internet soap opera

* And has had various local fashion shows and print ads including one for Russell Athletics

Phil
1/17/2005, 03:42 PM
And...with this one name...you blew ANY list I may have had out of the water. I'd trade every name on my list to meet this guy.

I met Geddy AND Alex. Heh.

LosAngelesSooner
1/17/2005, 05:31 PM
I met Geddy AND Alex. Heh. So jealous that I hate you a little bit. Even though you're a good guy...

grrrrr....

GDC
1/17/2005, 06:13 PM
I met Geddy AND Alex. Heh.

Ah, but to meet The Professor now...

Oldnslo
1/17/2005, 10:19 PM
I will mention Anita Hill, since she is both a local and also a national celebrity. She was my contracts professor in law school at OU.

Mine, too.

SactoSooner
1/17/2005, 10:21 PM
I was a stand-in on Boogie Nights.

Which part? ;)

SactoSooner
1/17/2005, 10:47 PM
A few more to add...

Mr. McFealy. :D My son wrote an essay in first grade that won a local award. The ceremony was held at a family fair, and Mr. McFealy was the guest of honor, so we all got to meet him. Mr. Rogers was also supposed to be there, but he had to cancel at the last minute. :(

And before he retired from Berkeley, for a couple of years my dad ran almost every day with Chris Mullin (St. Johns and Golden State Warriors) at the track on campus.

My best friend growing up had a tendency to date the brothers of famous people. In high school she dated Matt Biondi's brother Mark (Matt went on to become the best male Olympic swimmer from the US since Mark Spitz). In college she dated Stewart Copeland's brother (drummer of The Police). Shortly before we lost touch, she finally went to the source and was dating the conductor of the San Francisco Symphony.

LosAngelesSooner
1/18/2005, 12:23 AM
Okay...no matter what I'm gonna leave a lot of people out of here. Especially in the first two categories because I really don't much think of them as &quot;stars&quot; as I do friends. This is just kinda a quick list for fun. I'll add more later.

Close friends:
Linda Cardellini
Colin Hanks
Busy Phillips
Nick Cornish
Charlie Kaufman
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Jennifer Lyons (Bud Bundy's girlfriend during the last season or two of MWC)

Friendly Acquaintances:
Ridley Scott
Joss Whedon
Sam Raimi
Denzel Washington
Louis Lombardi (Edgar on this season's 24 and a regular on the Soprano's) *can't believe I forgot the guy*

Hung Out With:
Jeff Garcia
Massive Attack (Tricky)
Sandra Bullock
Tom Cruise
Keira Knightley
Toby Keith
Andy Dick
Keifer Sutherland
John Macenroe
Michael Bay
Hugh Hefner
Jenna Jameson
Brianna Banks
Ron Jeremy
Janine
Jenteal
Tia Carrere
Peter Gruber
John Woo
Tara Reid

Ran into:

Al Pacino
Robert DeNiro
Clint Eastwood
Ethan Hawke
Uma Thurman
Aaron Eckhart
Cameron Diaz
Josh Hartnett
Harrison Ford
Vivica A. Fox
Noah Wyle
George Clooney
John Aniston
Sherry Rooney
Steve Kahan
Eric Allan Kramer
Matthew Porretta
Tyra Banks
Matthew McConaughey
Tom &quot;Tiny&quot; Lister, Jr. (Zeus)
Kevin Smith
Jason Mewes
Sean Astin
Billy Boyd
Dominic Monaghan
Dennis Hopper
Steve Martin
Frank Oz
Tom Hanks
Joel Silver
Jerry Bruckheimer
Terrell Owens
John Elway
Joe Montana
Christopher Walken
Gene Hackman
Ron Pearlman
Daniel Radcliffe
Rupert Grint
Emma Watson
Paulie Shore
Henry &quot;The Fonz&quot; Winkler
Ben Stiller
Christine Taylor
James Woods
Quincy Jones
Carmen Electra
Jewel

Enough for now. When I think of more, I'll list 'em.

Updated again

HoserSooner
1/18/2005, 12:31 AM
Jennifer Love Hewitt

I'll trade you her for Geddy Lee? :D

Mjcpr
1/18/2005, 09:21 AM
Which part? ;)
I forget now, it was toward the very end of the movie.

Sexy Sooner Angel
1/18/2005, 09:24 AM
Jessica & Nick
Michael Irvin
Warren Sapp
Ron Stone
Greg Ray
50 Cent

This was in the past year. I know there are a few more, but I am sleepy and can't remember.

GDC
9/7/2006, 10:35 AM
This past weekend, Gene Autry's widow, and Wes Studi.

batonrougesooner
9/7/2006, 11:51 AM
I was staying at the MGM Grand in Vegas a couple of years ago. One morning I was standing in the Starbucks line waiting on my order, talking to a friend. She asked me if I had attended the B-52's concert the night before (It was a private concert for several hundred conference attendees). I replied that I hadn't and that "I heard they really sucked so I guess I didn't miss much".

A few seconds later after getting my coffee I turned around and the singer of the band (the guy) is shooting me a really strong "go to hell" look!

I felt kind of bad but it was kind of funny. And I had heard that they sucked!

Ike
9/7/2006, 12:06 PM
I was standing next to Peter Gammons at the baggage claim a few weeks ago...

VeeJay
9/7/2006, 12:12 PM
I was staying at the MGM Grand in Vegas a couple of years ago. One morning I was standing in the Starbucks line waiting on my order, talking to a friend. She asked me if I had attended the B-52's concert the night before (It was a private concert for several hundred conference attendees). I replied that I hadn't and that "I heard they really sucked so I guess I didn't miss much".

A few seconds later after getting my coffee I turned around and the singer of the band (the guy) is shooting me a really strong "go to hell" look!

I felt kind of bad but it was kind of funny. And I had heard that they sucked!

You had a run-in with Fred Schneider?

Heh - that may not have been a "go to hell" look you were gettin' there, big boy!

Were folks lining up outside...just to get down?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/7/2006, 12:13 PM
I have met Toby Keith, Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, Mickey Mantle, Steve Perry, and George H. W. Bush in person.

Mjcpr
9/7/2006, 12:18 PM
I was standing next to Peter Gammons at the baggage claim a few weeks ago...

Was he drooling on himself or has he pretty much recovered?

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2006, 12:19 PM
I have met Toby Keith, Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, Mickey Mantle, Steve Perry, and George H. W. Bush in person.

as opposed to meeting them on the phone, television or internet?;)

Ike
9/7/2006, 12:20 PM
Was he drooling on himself or has he pretty much recovered?
He was talking on a cell phone with one of those headset thingamajiggers...and it did look like there might be some slight drool flapping around while he was talking.

GDC
9/7/2006, 12:20 PM
I talked to a lady on the phone this week in an official capacity, and her name was Gina Jamison. She looked pretty decent on the company's website, too.

Taily-Po
9/7/2006, 12:25 PM
My brother's wife is really good friends with Kim Smith (model), so I met her at the wedding a couple of months ago. VERY nice. :D

And for those who aren't aware of her....

Click Here! (http://www.kimsmith.net)

soonerbrat
9/7/2006, 12:33 PM
My dad is good friends with Sonny Shroyer (Enos from the old Dukes of Hazzard show) - I met him when I was about 8-9 years old..I went to his house in Valdosta, GA with my dad...it was when the show was really popular, so I was pretty happy about that

soonerbrat
9/7/2006, 12:33 PM
Oh, and I saw Charro at the airport in St. Louis. she's teeny

Geekboy
9/7/2006, 12:35 PM
Met Ronald Reagan and actually put a microphone on him a couple of times before he was prez. Very nice man.

Put a microphone on Bob Hope.

Talked to and got autographs from the Celtics (Parrish, he's from Shreveport,
Bird, McHale, Ainge, Johnson.

Have interviewed Muhammed Ali.

Interviewed Archie Manning when he was with the Saints while his little kid Peyton ran around the room.

Interviewed Bobby Bowden, Switzer, Billy Sims, etc.

Have met many times George Foreman doing stories on him in the past for tv.
I actually drove around with him in his pickup truck at his farm one day helping him feed cattle. One of the nicest guys I've ever met. Have eaten cake with him in his kitchen. No....they didn't have the grill back then.

Consider Dr. Death Steve Williams a friend.

There are tons of athletes I've had the good fortune to meet and talk with.
I'm leaving out many of them.

Played blackjack and seated next to John Astin (Adams Family) in Vegas. Also a nice guy.

Walked by:
James Woods
Danny DeVito
George Lucas
Matther Broderick
Little Stevie (Sopranos)
numerous others

Sat across the aisle from Teri Hatcher at a play in NYC. Suprisingly small.

My wife ran into Sandra Bullock with her grocery cart while they were filming here in Shreveport. She has also been around Kevin Costner as an extra here too.

Not any of these people gave me money. Basturds. ;)

mrowl
9/7/2006, 02:34 PM
Just chatted with TRRW at Jamba Juice.

I forgot to ask him why he hasn't done the intro video.

Vaevictis
9/7/2006, 03:06 PM
One person a lot of you may have bumped into (and not realized it) is Milena Govich. She's been on Rescue Me and Conviction; will be on Law and Order this season apparently.

She's from Norman; her father used to be a professor at OU.

Pricetag
9/7/2006, 03:06 PM
My wife and I were in Vegas over the summer, and we stayed at The Golden Nugget downtown. The first night we were there, we were carrying our bags up to our room when we saw Cheryl Hines, the wife from "Curb Your Enthusiasm," and Richard Kind, who is probably most known for his role on "Spin City," but has also guest starred on "Curb," walking in the hall. It turns out they were shooting a movie there called "The Grand."

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/7/2006, 03:14 PM
as opposed to meeting them on the phone, television or internet?;)

Haha, no, but I have met Alicia Siverstone, Elizabeht Berkley, and Cindy Crawford...all on the internet. Wierd how they are always out of town though when we try to meet up.:rolleyes: :D

9/7/2006, 03:28 PM
I speak with Dennis Franchione on occasion. :(

Kels
9/7/2006, 04:34 PM
I was invited to a party at Jane Fonda's ranch while living near Santa Fe. I didn't go. I saw Randy Travis and his wife at the mall in town. Talked with Gene Hackman in the parking lot of the Sanbusco Mall as well. A friend of mine was teaching Gene's son karate.

I always just seem to miss Val Kilmer when I would eat at Frankie's in Pecos. He would go there a lot, too. He's got a home out there.

When I was in High School, I met Walter Matthau, Oprah, and George Takei.

IB4OU2
9/7/2006, 04:43 PM
I met Bill Clinton at the "Restuarant On the Corner" in Fayetteville, Ark. back in the early seventies....dayum lib democrat.

mrowl
9/7/2006, 04:51 PM
I always just seem to miss Val Kilmer when I would eat at Frankie's in Pecos. He would go there a lot, too.

yes he does...

http://www.perezhilton.com/FAT_228x336.jpg

BoogercountySooner
9/7/2006, 04:54 PM
I to met Bill and Hillary Clinton at my high school. Met James Garner at a Sooner Football game. Saw sam Walton once ran into the Boz at Godfathers pizza once. Saw Wayman Tisdale at Red Lobster. I sprayed Dave Blisses house out in Hall Park in 1979. Frank Broyles's grandaughter was at my birthday get together last Friday. She is a Hawt young Lady! I do have pics of that party.

VeeJay
9/7/2006, 06:38 PM
My dad met Sam Walton in a Wal-Mart somewhere around Branson, MO in 1984. Talked to him and said Sam was acting like a good old country boy. He confirmed the red pickup story. Sam got in his red truck and drove off by himself.

I bumped into Kathy Ireland at a Miami March of Dimes Walk-a-Thon or Marathon or whatever they were called. When I say "bumped into", I mean I was yakking with some buds when I turned around and bumped into her. Her security goons stepped closer, I said "excuse me" in my best Southern drawl, and she smiled.

I think she wanted me.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/7/2006, 08:04 PM
I got to talk to the actor Jerry Van Dyke (Luther from "Coach" and star of the immortal "My Mother the Car."). After "Coach" ended its run, he ran a malt shop in Benton, Ark. This was back in 1998. Went there with my mom (we had gone to Little Rock for the day), and after we finished eating we saw a couple of guys sitting on this bench in front of the shop. Yep, one of them was Van Dyke. He asked me where I was from and what I did for a living. I told him I was involved in sports so he asked me a couple of questions (this was during the NBA playoffs, so one of them was "How do you think the Lakers are going to do?"). Pretty nice guy, but we left without saying goodbye because he was talking to a couple of other guys in the process.

When I worked in Kilgore, Texas in the mid 1990s, the country singer Neal McCoy was a regular at the Kilgore High basketball games. His sister married the head coach so he would show up at the games and just sit in the back row of the bleachers. Sometimes after games, the visiting teams would come over and get his autograph and McCoy gracefully obliged. One time he even came up to where I was sitting and introduced himself. Another pretty nice guy, even though I'm not a big country fan.

I'm also proud to say I got Don Sutton's autograph back in '86 when the then-Angels pitcher was looking around in the gift shop of the Sheraton (now Wyndham) in Arlington, right behind old Arlington Stadium.

BoogercountySooner
9/7/2006, 08:38 PM
I want to add that I met the King Barry Switzer a couple of times. I have visited with Steve Owens before. I listened to Harlow Wilcox in the 60's

picasso
9/7/2006, 08:41 PM
not famous but I brush up against strangers all the time. especially the old elbow move. it's money all the time.

sanantoniosooner
9/7/2006, 08:57 PM
I totally remodeled the kitchen for a Flight attendant that got blown off by Ed Harris.

OUstud
9/7/2006, 09:20 PM
Rode in an elevator with Lynn Swann in KC before the 2004 Big XII Championship. Didn't say anything; after all, who talks in an elevator anyway?

lexsooner
9/10/2006, 04:39 PM
My cousin did some acting in Hollywood, mostly indie films and limited release productions. He's now in a rock band in LA but holds a real job during the day. He said he worked in a film with Jennifer Aniston in the early days, before she became famous in Friends. He said she was not very friendly or nice, and was also obsessive about her hair during a makeup session. He was in some indie film with Ione Skye and said she was actually real nice. He did say it's rare to find any actors or actresses who are nice and well-grounded, at least by the standards of us normal non-Hollywood folks.

SicEmBaylor
9/10/2006, 04:42 PM
I was on a flight from Boston last year that had former Wisconsin Governor and former Secretary of Health and Human Services Tommy Thompson on board. Nobody seemed to recognize him, so while deboard I finally got the nerve up to go say, "hello." I was trying to figure out if the proper procedure was to call him Gov. Thompson or Secretary Thompson since he was the former of both. So, I decided on Secretary since it's the "upper-office" although I personally would always prefer to go with any state title over a Federal title with the exception of President, Rep, or Senator.

He was very friendly and somewhat surprised I recognized him.

SicEmBaylor
9/10/2006, 04:52 PM
I've met plenty of other politicans besides Tommy Thompson, but those weren't really "chance" encounters which seems to be the spirit of the thread.

The biggest ones I've actually met in person are Clinton, W. Bush, and Putin of all people.

OH! I did meet Bob Hope at Silver Dollar City in Branson just a few years before he died when eh was there to master the Christmas ceremonies and light the Christmas tree. Very sad though, he was declining quickly at that point.

SicEmBaylor
9/10/2006, 05:07 PM
wrong thread.